Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 2/24/2020

MeThinkMeNot
  • Start Topic

21 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Whoopi reminds me of a lot of people who view taxes that way - they don't consider what they PAID in taxes, they only consider whether or not they got a refund.  I've even heard people they DIDN'T pay taxes last year, they got a refund!   Whoopi's understanding of things like taxes and insurance are on a very childlike level.  

Whoopi will probably bite their heads off, but I wish someone who cares about her takes the time to set  her straight. With the kind of money she has and the position she holds, Whoopi should have a better grasp on these things. She sounds ridiculous when she talks about insurance and taxes.

• Love 10

For someone who has amassed what I assume is a large personal fortune, (Alex and the Family of money suckers aside)  I sure as hell hope she has a better understanding of savings & investments than she does of insurance & taxes.  I was going to refer to her understanding of taxes & insurance as being elementary, but that would be incorrect, because that would imply that she at least understands the basics of them.  And she does not.  At all.  Hell, the 18 yr. old randos hired to work the temporary H&R Block set-up at my local mall have a better understanding than her.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I burst out laughing when Whoopi said something about her daughter working hard and paying a lot in taxes. We all know where Alex gets her income. 

Whoopi probably has her on the books as her employee.   Probably pays her no more than enough to qualify for earned income tax credit and all that. All the rest of the money Alex and family gets is probably "gifts".

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Cementhead said:

For someone who has amassed what I assume is a large personal fortune, (Alex and the Family of money suckers aside)  I sure as hell hope she has a better understanding of savings & investments than she does of insurance & taxes.  I was going to refer to her understanding of taxes & insurance as being elementary, but that would be incorrect, because that would imply that she at least understands the basics of them.  And she does not.  At all.  Hell, the 18 yr. old randos hired to work the temporary H&R Block set-up at my local mall have a better understanding than her.

She shows her lack of education during most discussions .  I feel a little guilty bringing this up repeatedly, but it’s so evident she has no grasp of most things financial. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

I feel a little guilty bringing this up repeatedly, but it’s so evident she has no grasp of most things financial

Her overall ignorance is tiresome. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, suomi said:

Her overall ignorance is tiresome. 

As is her refusal to acknowledge her ignorance. There is no shame in not understanding something.  But not wanting to understand something however......

• Love 10
On 2/29/2020 at 9:18 AM, lusinia said:

Aw, darn.  You got the same part I did.  I rewound and watched again, but I couldn't figure out the second half.  The word "loco", that Ana  often uses, might've been in there.

And get the 'Pres Loco F'er, Shithead, 'insert curse here', lol.  I dont know for sure of course, allegedly lololol, just a guess for the pool

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 2/29/2020 at 6:53 AM, ThePurpleArcher said:

I was so impressed today with Dr. Ashton! I've never seen her before, but I enjoyed her very much yesterday. Very informative about the coronavirus, and spoke to the audience in easy terms to follow - didn't speak to us like we all graduated from med school (as some doctors do on television).  She was great during the HT conversations as well.

The producers should really consider giving her a seat at the table full time - she added class and intelligence to the table (and notice Meghan calmed down while she was there).

As for a second day of 'View Your Deal' - how much unsold Oprah crap is still sitting in the ABC warehouse that they needed a second day for a garage sale ?  For the past few years, this has really cheapened the show. 

I like her a lot too.  She is on GMA every morning reporting on relevant health news.  She does have a calming chill presence that makes you think it might be ok.  I was telling my dad about 'The Stand', and how Stephen King wrote an EPIC, STELLAR, my FAV book ever, lol sorry.  It is my fav, Ive reread countless times.  But i was telling him about Mr Tripps and how it got out.  Im thrilled they are doing another version of it, not sure if a miniseries. Theres too much story for just 2 hours, 4 meeh, 6 ok.

Forgot to add, Dr Ashton has had her own close calls in her family.  I think it was last year that her teenage daughter had a  very serious close call with the flu.   And other stuff.  She has a book out that deals with it.  Strong  Woman.  For gosh sakes i just recently found out a lil boy i babysat for most of his life just died from the flu.  Only 32 years old! Its no joke.  He was in awesome shape!  Ok bye.

Edited by Tammee
To add
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Tammee said:

I like her a lot too.  She is on GMA every morning reporting on relevant health news.  She does have a calming chill presence that makes you think it might be ok.  I was telling my dad about 'The Stand', and how Stephen King wrote an EPIC, STELLAR, my FAV book ever, lol sorry.  It is my fav, Ive reread countless times.  But i was telling him about Mr Tripps and how it got out.  Im thrilled they are doing another version of it, not sure if a miniseries. Theres too much story for just 2 hours, 4 meeh, 6 ok.

Forgot to add, Dr Ashton has had her own close calls in her family.  I think it was last year that her teenage daughter had a  very serious close call with the flu.   And other stuff.  She has a book out that deals with it.  Strong  Woman.  For gosh sakes i just recently found out a lil boy i babysat for most of his life just died from the flu.  Only 32 years old! Its no joke.  He was in awesome shape!  Ok bye.

And her ex-husband committed suicide. She talked about that on Good Morning America.