Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 2/24/2020

MeThinkMeNot
  • Start Topic

20 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

they need a 5th panelist.  its pretty much the same show, day in and day out.  why aren't they doing on show auditions?  I have a feeling they're leaning toward a man.  

Why?

More cross talk? 

These 3 hosts and 1child  need to do some more homework.

No, forget homework,  they just need to read this forum. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

It may be time to say good-bye to this show for me...at least until Mags has taken her toys and slunk off. It's becoming very, very, very tedious to watch. Same thing every single day and I am so bloody sick of that miserable bitch MEghan. Why these idiotic producers (is Baba Wawa still considered one?) would let a HUGE liability like her, on the air every day, just points to the level of incompetence on this joke of a show. They have already lost a shit load of viewers but they just don't seem to care. Nice attitude, ABC. I see that Disney's influence has not done this show any favors!

I took a "break" when that bitch Hasselbeck ruined the show and I also got pretty sick of Rosie too. There have been so many women who were so NOT qualified to be on this panel, for various reasons and the list is so long that I won't attempt it because I will leave some out for sure but for my own sanity, I don't know how much more of this I can take.

Formula for The View: 

Put in a rude, immature, arrogant PUNDIT who is so out of her depth it's ridiculous, add an EGOT winner, one-time movie star who some days acts like she just partook of some "herbal" refreshment, a funny, fiery Sicilian whose hatred of the current administration is making her crazy and a legal expert who explains all the nuances while batting her big Bambi lashes and there it is. You've got yourself a show!

I leave anything out?

• LOL 6
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

It may be time to say good-bye to this show for me...at least until Mags has taken her toys and slunk off. It's becoming very, very, very tedious to watch. Same thing every single day and I am so bloody sick of that miserable bitch MEghan. Why these idiotic producers (is Baba Wawa still considered one?) would let a HUGE liability like her, on the air every day, just points to the level of incompetence on this joke of a show. They have already lost a shit load of viewers but they just don't seem to care. Nice attitude, ABC. I see that Disney's influence has not done this show any favors!

I took a "break" when that bitch Hasselbeck ruined the show and I also got pretty sick of Rosie too. There have been so many women who were so NOT qualified to be on this panel, for various reasons and the list is so long that I won't attempt it because I will leave some out for sure but for my own sanity, I don't know how much more of this I can take.

Formula for The View: 

Put in a rude, immature, arrogant PUNDIT who is so out of her depth it's ridiculous, add an EGOT winner, one-time movie star who some days acts like she just partook of some "herbal" refreshment, a funny, fiery Sicilian whose hatred of the current administration is making her crazy and a legal expert who explains all the nuances while batting her big Bambi lashes and there it is. You've got yourself a show!

I leave anything out?

Your formula sounds about right to me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

To find out the REAL reasons why Evangelicals support a wretch who is possibly the worst example of Christian values, read "The Immoral Majority: Why Evangelicals Chose Political Power Over Christian Values" by Ben Howe because, as per usual, Mags got it wrong.

Who put that giant grape at the end of the table today? 

I apologize for my comment about Mags dressing like Jessica Fletcher. You're right - way to insult Mizz Fletcher. Instead, how about she dresses like she's auditioning for a reboot of "The Golden Girls."

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

First segment:  Missy had entirely TOO much to say & not all of it was true or educational.  Joy interrupted the back & forth to read an up-date from Sanjay Gupta & Missy said "Was that really necessary?" (or something to that effect).  Gawd, I'm so sick of that entitled blob of a bitch.

Just watching now.  I agree Missy has gotten worse.  When she asked ‘was that really necessary’ I immediately thought a better question for her to ask would have been “Am I really necessary?”.  Let’s all say it together:  NOOOOO!!!!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
19 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

To find out the REAL reasons why Evangelicals support a wretch who is possibly the worst example of Christian values, read "The Immoral Majority: Why Evangelicals Chose Political Power Over Christian Values" by Ben Howe because, as per usual, Mags got it wrong.You're right - way to insult Mizz Fletcher. Instead, how about she dresses like she's auditioning for a reboot of "The Golden Girls."

😮 What did Sophia, Blanche, Rose and Dorothy ever do to you?

😉

Edited by Bridget
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, GladysCravits said:

MeGUN is behaving even more rudely to Joy lately with her nasty little comments, eye rolls, and head jerks.  I’m trying to figure out why a Joy is letting her get away with this childish behavior.  Also seems like she’s getting way too old for those immature mannerisms. 

Just how much must the staff hate her?  I’m used to her scolding the audience and treating her co-hosts like shit, but today she shocked even me.  She called out a worker back stage, twice!, and then snidely sneered at the producer’s correction. Who is beholden to her?  Did mommy buy her the show for her birthday?  Is Meghan now senior producer?   She is in control, at least figuratively, and it’s obvious that the IIC have let it be known that she’s untouchable. 

• Love 15
16 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I have several old photos of 4 generations of women in my family starting with my great great grandmother. Ending with my grand mother, mother, daughters, and niece. I cannot fault Warren with family stories.

I was raised on the story that my mom’s great-grandma was full blooded Cherokee, and she had walked The Trail of Tears. A few years ago, I read that a lot of white people, particularly in the south, claim to have Native grandmas who are Cherokee. I tried to gently tell my mom that since her nephew’s DNA test showed no Native ancestry, then she cannot have any  

Anyway, we sent in her DNA, and she has zilch. She said to me - I met my great-grandmother, I knew her. It was all oral history and sadly it was wrong.  My guess is that the great grandmother may have had AA lineage and was “passing” as NA. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

31 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

I was raised on the story that my mom’s great-grandma was full blooded Cherokee, and she had walked The Trail of Tears. A few years ago, I read that a lot of white people, particularly in the south, claim to have Native grandmas who are Cherokee. I tried to gently tell my mom that since her nephew’s DNA test showed no Native ancestry, then she cannot have any  

Anyway, we sent in her DNA, and she has zilch. She said to me - I met my great-grandmother, I knew her. It was all oral history and sadly it was wrong.  My guess is that the great grandmother may have had AA lineage and was “passing” as NA. 

It was more acceptable to have Native blood than African because Africans were considered to be lower than Natives.. Notice that the one drop rule only affects people who were mixed with Black and not Native.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

DNA from each parent is shuffled when it gets combined and then dealt to their offspring. It is not a given that full siblings (same mother/same father) have the same DNA; there are many similarities but there also are many differences.

A deck of cards has four aces - if you aren't dealt an ace it doesn't mean that there are no aces in the deck. 

(More at link). 

Anyone with even a single indigenous American ancestor has indigenous American ancestry, but not everyone with an indigenous American ancestor has indigenous American DNA. Only half of a person’s DNA is passed on to their child, so with each generation that passes, the potential exists for DNA from any given ancestor to be lost.

Generations-wise, the further back the relative you have tested is, the more likely their DNA is to contain indigenous American ethnicity, because your indigenous American ancestor is a closer relative to that person than to you.

If neither a grandparent or parent is available, testing a sibling may help. Because you share only 50% of your DNA with a sibling, they may have inherited an ethnicity that you didn’t.

https://support.ancestry.com/s/article/Native-American-DNA

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, AryasMum said:

Just how much must the staff hate her?  I’m used to her scolding the audience and treating her co-hosts like shit, but today she shocked even me.  She called out a worker back stage, twice!, and then snidely sneered at the producer’s correction. Who is beholden to her?  Did mommy buy her the show for her birthday?  Is Meghan now senior producer?   She is in control, at least figuratively, and it’s obvious that the IIC have let it be known that she’s untouchable. 

I’m having a heck of a time trying to bold your post but I wish you or someone who tweet it to her. Not that anything gets through to her.  I agree that Joy is a much better person than I am   I’d confront her on camera like she does then head to HR.  I also don’t have the ability to keep talking while someone is talking.   When her  rudeness gets picked up by media she just justifies it by saying that it’s because she’s a women being questioned , but the fact of the matter I don’t see men on this type show treat each other this way. I  hope it’s not OT. 

• Love 9

Even Fox News noticed MeAgain yelling at the audience!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/meghan-mccain-audience-pence-coronavirus

This one captures when MeAgain poo poo'ed the comments that Pence is not a man of science, as a climate denier.  She said the HIV thing mattered more.  Not getting the point that Joy and Sunny were making.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/meghan-mccain-hammers-pences-health-record-as-the-view-rips-into-trumps-coronavirus-response/

• Love 6

Thousandclowns: Have you ever seen how Chris Matthews acts on his show...he interrupts everyone, drives me nuts. They all do it. But MEgan is the worst...now she thinks she is the director an producer of this show. Good post  thank you honeychild.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Thousandclowns: Have you ever seen how Chris Matthews acts on his show...he interrupts everyone, drives me nuts. They all do it. But MEgan is the worst...now she thinks she is the director an producer of this show. Good post  thank you honeychild.

I have a soft for Chris - he even interrupts himself half the time. I think he has significant ADD. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, suomi said:

I can see how Elizabeth Warren honestly, in the way she remembered hearing family history, came by her information but I cannot applaud her if she used it for professional or financial gain.

Again. Warren was already hired as a Harvard professor. She had already completed her education. She was asked if she wanted to join any "affinity" groups, and she checked the NA box. If there were any social or educational meetings/events specific to NAs, she'd have been invited to participate. That is all it was. Anything else you hear was just an attempt to gin up some stupid gotcha.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
52 minutes ago, carrps said:

Again. Warren was already hired as a Harvard professor. She had already completed her education. She was asked if she wanted to join any "affinity" groups, and she checked the NA box. If there were any social or educational meetings/events specific to NAs, she'd have been invited to participate. That is all it was. Anything else you hear was just an attempt to gin up some stupid gotcha.

I did not know this and I wish Warren's camp would just put out a message stating this when confronted with these accusations.  

• Love 7
6 hours ago, bannana said:

MeAgain:  "narrative dissimulation"  Huh? 😕

MeAgain is very, very worried about the Coronavirus, so much so that she snarled at the few people who applauded something Sunny said, saying that they were applauding the virus and when it happens, it will be bad and will happen to everyone so it should not be applauded.  WTF?  But more WTF is this new tactic of the co-hosts ignoring every stupid thing she says.  Whoopi should have reprimanded her for that or at least explained to the idiot that the audience is not applauding the virus and nor are they politicizing it.

MeAgain, political expert, Megsplained why evangelicals support Trump. No one bought it.  They are just hypocrites, MeAgain.

She really is worried, isn't she?  Maybe she'll get so freaked out that she'll put herself in voluntary quarantine for 14 days (or longer)??  

ETA:  I am NOT making light of Coronavirus at all - it is (and can be) very serious for A LOT of people.  I was surprised by how worried she is when Trump and Fox News continues to seriously downplay the potential severity of this virus.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, cinsays said:

I did not know this and I wish Warren's camp would just put out a message stating this when confronted with these accusations.  

I had no idea either.  Makes you wonder why they dont put out a statement.  Maybe they dont want to bring the issue back up, but if it does come back up, they have that to fall back on.  Shrug i dunno

• Love 4
20 hours ago, AryasMum said:

^^^^this x's a million!

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Sam Spayaid said:

I took a "break" when that bitch Hasselbeck ruined the show

I did too, and then I came back, but now I rarely watch again. Why oh why do they always want some screeching moron on the show? Does having a willfully ignorant person on the panel really give them the numbers? (I can't really only point at one person as the only ignorant one either.)

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 2/24/2020 at 12:49 PM, lusinia said:

No apology necessary, it just sounded to me like Joy thought Las Vegas was the only place you could caucus, which wasn't true.  People voted in their own precincts all over Nevada. The only people who didn't have to vote in their precinct were people working on the Las Vegas strip who could caucus at what they call a strip caucus site. 

I'm not sure where Joy got this idea; maybe she only saw the Vegas caucuses being shown on tv and thought that's where they all were? 

Aha! I did misunderstand it hehe.  I didnt know they were state wide

• Love 2

As far as Elizabeth Warren and others whose DNA doesn't come out as expected-- I wonder if what happens is that someone along the line IS 1/4 whatever, and tells her kids that they are 1/4, who tells their kids that they're 1/4, for multiple generations. So while it may be completely true that GGGrandma is 1/4 whatever, the child would be 1/8, the grandchild 1/16, etc....so doesn't take too long to be very watered down (so to speak). So the family history might be accurate, but the 'math' isn't.

I was told my whole life I'm 100 percent Irish, yet DNA results show only 98 percent. 😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Gotta admit, "stent-off" made me laugh. Meghan made a funny.

Made me laugh, too-but I'm thinking that she read/heard that comment somewhere and just repeated it.  There's no way that she could have thought up a pretty funny comment like that all by herself!  

• LOL 4
  • Love 16
50 minutes ago, Eileen Dover said:

I was told my whole life I'm 100 percent Irish, yet DNA results show only 98 percent. 😉

Only 98 percent? Faker. :D  What we are told and reality can be two different things.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

A couple of good co-hosts next week- Andrew Yang and Sara Haines. 

Yang is perfect to have as a guest host on Super Tuesday.  He joined CNN last week as one of their political analysts, and he's very good  It's like he's been doing it all his life.  Unlike someone I might mention.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
22 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Is Meghan now senior producer?  

Um...yeah.? Where have YOU been?!!! She is now: Producer, Executive Producer, Assistant Producer, Director, Assistant Director, Writer, Head Writer, etc. and I'm willing to bet that soon Wardrobe and Make-up will come under her expertise.

Why am I not surprised that she counts "preppers" among her friends. Have she and Ben got their bunker done yet? If so, they need to go and get in it...AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and to not come out until we here give them the all clear.

That doctor who was on at the start of the show - I came in late - so she's the "medical expert" for ABC? Then I hold whatever she says as debatable because for some strange reason, I've got a real problem with believing or trusting ANYONE from that network!

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Thank goodness they found time to fit in Oprah’s things!  I need a rock to roll on my face and didn’t know where to get one!  With free shipping! 🙄

It'll go well with the stinky, sweaty slippers that go in the microwave.  Spa day!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Meg is congratulating doomsday preppers (and she knows a few!) for being ready for the coronavirus pandemic. 🙄 Go join them in the bunker, Meg!  We’ll tell you when it’s safe to come out. 

She can be a Mole Woman.  HA!

• Love 2
On 2/27/2020 at 10:59 AM, suomi said:

The Tom Hanks movie takes place just after the Civil War and is scheduled for release on Christmas Day

I recently read a novel called The Sparrow based on the kidnapping of a British-American Puritan named Mary Rowlandson in 1676. The book she wrote later went through four printings and is often described as the first Anerican best-seller. Her experience pre-dates The Last Of The Mohicans (the kidnapping of Daniel Boone's daughter and grandchildren) by about 100 years.

The common thread in the long history of the captive narrative is the reluctance and/or refusal to be repatriated.

I'm not clear on why there is such a strong preference to ignore, downplay, and deny that DNA was blended along the way. There are such claims in my mother's family, which resulted in extremely heated disagreements. My best guess is that it comes down to racism.

I can see how Elizabeth Warren honestly, in the way she remembered hearing family history, came by her information but I cannot applaud her if she used it for professional or financial gain.

When us kids were growing up, we were lucky enough to go camping on weekends and holidays.  To be continued

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Meg is congratulating doomsday preppers (and she knows a few!) for being ready for the coronavirus pandemic. 🙄 Go join them in the bunker, Meg!  We’ll tell you when it’s safe to come out. 

maybe let's just not ever tell her.  deal?

• LOL 9
On 2/26/2020 at 10:32 PM, lusinia said:

This incident was the basis for one of the lawsuits filed against Bloomberg that was settled and resulted in an NDA.  There are court filings and depositions that multiple news outlets, including The New York Times, The Washington Post, and, online, ABC News have reported on.  Why Warren didn't mention that is anyone's guess.  She may have been told about the incident, but not where the information came from. 

I didn't know this. Was it generalizations which they were reporting on, or specifics of the NDA case ?  In that case, Warren should have said this when questioned, not just 'the woman's own words' IF specifics from the NDA were leaked out in the press. On the flip side...

However, if Warren ever quotes something she found out in an NDA, then she's opening up another potential lawsuit - maybe not her as a litigant, but the parties involved in the NDA. The lawyers involved, as well as the courts, would dig deep to find out where she got confidential information from an NDA - and the person who revealed this (one of the parties, or someone close to them) will be in plenty of legal trouble. 

7 hours ago, lusinia said:

A couple of good co-hosts next week- Andrew Yang and Sara Haines. 

Yang is perfect to have as a guest host on Super Tuesday.  He joined CNN last week as one of their political analysts, and he's very good  It's like he's been doing it all his life.  Unlike someone I might mention.

I wonder if Haines is trying to get her job back and fill Abby's seat ? The ratings are much better on 'The View' than they are with 'Stedman & Sara& Anyone Else We Can Get to Save This Sinking Ship'. It would be nice having her back. 

• Love 5

Folks, we've gone too far afield on the Warren ancestry discussion - let's move along please. Remember to stick to how political figures were discussed on the show, and don't continue the discussion past that point.

3 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

I didn't know this. Was it generalizations which they were reporting on, or specifics of the NDA case ?  In that case, Warren should have said this when questioned, not just 'the woman's own words' IF specifics from the NDA were leaked out in the press. On the flip side...

However, if Warren ever quotes something she found out in an NDA, then she's opening up another potential lawsuit - maybe not her as a litigant, but the parties involved in the NDA. The lawyers involved, as well as the courts, would dig deep to find out where she got confidential information from an NDA - and the person who revealed this (one of the parties, or someone close to them) will be in plenty of legal trouble. 

The information in the media reports is from court documents and depositions that occurred during the original lawsuits, plus interviews the press has done more recently, not the NDA. The Washington Post, for instance, said they obtained the depositions through the Freedom of Information Act.  Other court records are available to journalists as long as the case hasn't been sealed. 

NDAs usually just say the two parties can't talk about the case or disclose the amount of money it was settled for.  No one except the two sides who sign an NDA are bound by  it.  Anyone else is free to talk about or report on the case.

3 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

I wonder if Haines is trying to get her job back and fill Abby's seat ? The ratings are much better on 'The View' than they are with 'Stedman & Sara& Anyone Else We Can Get to Save This Sinking Ship'. It would be nice having her back. 

I would also love it if Sara came back.  Since changes in daytime network shows usually happen in September (like the possible cancellation of her current show) we might have to wait until then.  We could especially use her calming vibes this coming fall.     

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 4

Ana said something today about the Dems, and it was bleeped. She said she wished the Dems would:  "get their shit together and.." and the rest I couldn't figure out.  It got a big laugh, Joy mentioned it is live TV and about the delay, Whoopi said there is no delay today, and then Ana said she heard in her ear that they were able to delay it.

What was significant was MeAgain's face, which was a look of  disgust, and she kept looking at her producer Brian, with her head snapping back and forth.

So I guess MeAgain doesn't remember the several times she said "motherfucker" just a few months ago?

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I was so impressed today with Dr. Ashton! I've never seen her before, but I enjoyed her very much yesterday. Very informative about the coronavirus, and spoke to the audience in easy terms to follow - didn't speak to us like we all graduated from med school (as some doctors do on television).  She was great during the HT conversations as well.

The producers should really consider giving her a seat at the table full time - she added class and intelligence to the table (and notice Meghan calmed down while she was there).

As for a second day of 'View Your Deal' - how much unsold Oprah crap is still sitting in the ABC warehouse that they needed a second day for a garage sale ?  For the past few years, this has really cheapened the show. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, bannana said:

Ana said something today about the Dems, and it was bleeped. She said she wished the Dems would:  "get their shit together and.." and the rest I couldn't figure out.  It got a big laugh, Joy mentioned it is live TV and about the delay, Whoopi said there is no delay today, and then Ana said she heard in her ear that they were able to delay it.

What was significant was MeAgain's face, which was a look of  disgust, and she kept looking at her producer Brian, with her head snapping back and forth.

So I guess MeAgain doesn't remember the several times she said "motherfucker" just a few months ago?

Classic Me-again hypocrite behavior. 

She is just tiresome....like someone else's  toddler.

I DVR the shows but haven't been able to watch for weeks now. I tried once--to see her outfit mainly --but it put me in a bad mood, so I deleted them all. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 2/27/2020 at 1:20 AM, bannana said:

Instead,  we get the regurgitation of everything they have said before about politics.  Nothing new.  Whoopi keeps telling us it is of no use to speculate or predict what might happen, because we don't know.  

Whoopi’s constant reference regarding getting “a little money back from your taxes” is such an ignorant concept and question she often poses to visiting political figures. No one takes the time to explain taxes to her because it seems like a waste of time. Lowering your tax obligation does not always mean a check in the mail from the IRS. Every time she brings this up it makes me cringe. Whoopi is living in a past century. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, bannana said:

Ana said something today about the Dems, and it was bleeped. She said she wished the Dems would:  "get their shit together and.." and the rest I couldn't figure out.

Aw, darn.  You got the same part I did.  I rewound and watched again, but I couldn't figure out the second half.  The word "loco", that Ana  often uses, might've been in there.

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 2/28/2020 at 9:56 AM, Eileen Dover said:

Hey, I knew a family who bragged about being 100% Irish.  everything they did was about being Irish.   They took a trip to Ireland and were told, that no, their ancestors came to Ireland from Scotland. so in Ireland they were considered Scottish.   

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Whoopi’s constant reference regarding getting “a little money back from your taxes” is such an ignorant concept and question she often poses to visiting political figures. No one takes the time to explain taxes to her because it seems like a waste of time. Lowering your tax obligation does not always mean a check in the mail from the IRS. Every time she brings this up it makes me cringe. Whoopi is living in a past century. 

Whoopi reminds me of a lot of people who view taxes that way - they don't consider what they PAID in taxes, they only consider whether or not they got a refund.  I've even heard people they DIDN'T pay taxes last year, they got a refund!   Whoopi's understanding of things like taxes and insurance are on a very childlike level.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9