Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

you would think Derrick was poor the way he keeps making comment's about needing the money and playing for his family looking at majority of these contestants they all seem to be privileged white people with Donny ,Devin and Amber added in to throw in some diversity. This show pisses me off because it looks like none of these fools need the money

I don't think houseguests are chosen based on their need of money.  I get pissed off when the houseguests talk about who needs the money because BB isn't a charity.  Its a game where they try to outwit, outplay and outlast everyone else.  As for most being privileged, I don't see that either.  Zach is unemployed, Christine is a coffee server, Donnie is a groundskeeper, Nicole just graduated and hasn't taken her state boards yet (probably has student debt), Cody has talked about his student loans that he wants to pay off, Hayden drives a pedicab, Caleb is a hunting guide, and I doubt Jocasta makes a killing in her small ministry, I don't remember what Devin, Amber and Brit do, and I don't think Frankie, Paola, or even Derrick are making the big bucks either. Also I doubt that Victoria's photography is making her rich.  Therefore,  I don't see where any of them are people of privilege.

Whichever of the guys said they think next Sunday will be the finale, if only!  They're going to be disappointed when they find out they still have a week and a half to go, but that's OK because I'm disappointed that we have to watch this drivel for a couple more weeks too.     

• Love 9

I don't think houseguests are chosen based on their need of money.  I get pissed off when the houseguests talk about who needs the money because BB isn't a charity.  Its a game where they try to outwit, outplay and outlast everyone else.  As for most being privileged, I don't see that either.  Zach is unemployed, Christine is a coffee server, Donnie is a groundskeeper, Nicole just graduated and hasn't taken her state boards yet (probably has student debt), Cody has talked about his student loans that he wants to pay off, Hayden drives a pedicab, Caleb is a hunting guide, and I doubt Jocasta makes a killing in her small ministry, I don't remember what Devin, Amber and Brit do, and I don't think Frankie, Paola, or even Derrick are making the big bucks either. Also I doubt that Victoria's photography is making her rich.  Therefore,  I don't see where any of them are people of privilege.

Whichever of the guys said they think next Sunday will be the finale, if only!  They're going to be disappointed when they find out they still have a week and a half to go, but that's OK because I'm disappointed that we have to watch this drivel for a couple more weeks too.     

BRAVO!   Standing ovation!  

Edited by wings707

You can use people and be manipulative and be kind to them and then stab them in the back to advance yourself in a game. Heck, Boston Rob ran a masterclass on that, including leading a similar cult of personality. But then don't turn around, all moralizing that you're doing it for noble purposes (food/daughter/mouth), which makes it OK. In that sense, Derrick is nothing but a male Dawn from Cochran's winning Survivor season -- and will receive about 1/64,000th of the backlash Dawn did, because of his sex.

I can understand why you feel this way, but I have to disagree.  I think the major difference between Dawn and Derrick is that Dawn was a major basket case.  Her emotions were incredibly labile, and someone was always having to soothe her and calm her down.  Derrick is actually the opposite of that - he's been the soother.  Also, recall Dawn losing her partial into the water and hysterically screaming for Brenda and threatening to quit the show?  Brenda dove down and found the partial for Dawn, and it was a very sweet and emotional moment.  It then looked very bad for Dawn to then vote Brenda out - I'm one of the few who feel Brenda way over milked it.  I think another difference is how each survivor/houseguest was voted out.  The survivors walked out hating Dawn, while the HGs walk out saying what a nice guy Derrick is.  I think the difference may also be in their final speeches.  I don't think Dawn properly owned her game, and let Brenda really rattle her about taking out her partial and showing how bad she looked. 

I feel that Dan and his bible thumping were way more hypocritical than anything Derrick has done.  That old guy flat out hated Dan because he thought they had bonded over God.  I also think Dan handled Danielle a little shamefully.  She was completely unbalanced and he manipulated that.

• Love 5

I also think Dan handled Danielle a little shamefully.  She was completely unbalanced and he manipulated that.

Yeah, he did kind've, didn't he? Derek's treated Victoria a leeeetle bit better....

Edited by housecat
  • Love 2
The survivors walked out hating Dawn, while the HGs walk out saying what a nice guy Derrick is.

But you're making my point. Dawn is a woman. Derrick is a man. It's OK for a man to bond with fellow contestants, be nice to everyone and then stab them all in the back because: well, he was just so nice about it and his daughter really does need to eat. What a good father he is. But a woman doing the same thing -- what a vicious liar and a backstabber to play on all their emotions, and would she just shut up about her five children already? It's not a charity. But please, let's hear those hollas again for the hardworking dad!

My point was Derrick is playing as personal a game as Dawn played, and nobody will say boo, because a man manipulating people's emotions is good gameplay, while a woman who does it is just a cold hearted bitch. Which was evident from the reactions of the two groups of contestants. "You're taking food out of my daughter's mouth" is as personal gameplay as "Please find my teeth." The main difference between the two is their sexes.

I feel that Dan and his bible thumping were way more hypocritical than anything Derrick has done.

There's a difference between bonding with contestants over shared interests and categorizing any decisions that might hurt him in the game as a personal affront. When a contestant made a move against Dan (or just didn't like him), he didn't get wildly offended on a personal level. That's where Derrick is different, to me.

• Love 9

Mon 8:08 PM BBT Derr called to DR earlier. Vic wants alcohol but too afraid to go to DR and ask for it. Wants them to go as a group.

They cast people on a television show that are too afraid to go to the DR and ask for something?  How does this happen?  No wonder this season is this way.

There's a difference between bonding with contestants over shared interests and categorizing any decisions that might hurt him in the game as a personal affront. When a contestant made a move against Dan (or just didn't like him), he didn't get wildly offended on a personal level. That's where Derrick is different, to me.

That is what makes me uncomfortable about Derrick (and Frankie for that matter).  He doesn't just vote someone out for game.  He sets them up as the enemy and says a lot of derogatory stuff about them and then pretends that he tried to save them in the goodbye clip.  The affront that someone dare interfere with his game seems real, entitled, and way blown out of proportion rather than feigned to control the others.  

He and Cody have started in on Caleb now.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 4

They cast people on a television show that are too afraid to go to the DR and ask for something?  How does this happen?  No wonder this season is this way.

That is what makes me uncomfortable about Derrick (and Frankie for that matter).  He doesn't just vote someone out for game.  He sets them up as the enemy and says a lot of derogatory stuff about them and then pretends that he tried to save them in the goodbye clip.  The affront that someone dare interfere with his game seems real, entitled, and way blown out of proportion rather than feigned to control the others.  

He and Cody have started in on Caleb now.

I heard Derrick killed some before , they had an article about dude does remind me of the typical cops I see on the news . I am sure he has bashed a few heads in before or beat some confessions out of a suspect he looks like the type of officer to try that as tactic. He is so aggressive and virtually brow beats and intimidates everyone into nominating who he wanted on the block

Edited by teezy

Do they have the dog yet???  I need to know!!!

does Frankie count ???

my bad you said dog not wanna be failed social media star who lives off his sister's fame

my mistake

Edited by teezy
  • Love 2

8:24 PM Victoria tells Derrick it doesn't make sense for Frankie to keep Cody who will get rid of him if he wins the HOH. She doesn't want to give up. Derrick tries to talk her out of campaigning to Frankie. Says she should go out classy.

Putting aside that this is a rewind week.  Has Victoria actually put together the fact that Derrick is going to be the one to send her home?  I know he said he told her about the F2 deal in the goodbye interview.  But has he actually told Victoria he is voting for Cody?  Because if Caleb/Derrick split and Frankie is worried that Cody is gunning for him then he's likely to keep Victoria who can't win a comp in this game.

Victoria has mentioned loyalty and Derrick is starting to sweat but I think she really is that dumb not to realize.  I'm sure Donny or Nicole will explain it to her when she's in the jury house.

• Love 1

In my BB world, Victoria makes it one elimination further than Derrick just to watch Derricks head explode, then Frankie is out just because he's Frankie, and Cody and Caleb are F2...because they're the only ones left? Meh, I have no one to root for here.

The BB rat?

• Love 1

omg Victoria is such a fucking dumbass I can't with this dumb ass broad

why has she survived Amber,joey,paola,jocasta etc

she has this snake derrick all in her ear, derrick literally is the devil I hate his evil lying manipulative ass

The BB rat?

lmaoooooo

a rat would be better than thse crappy house guest. I watched one episode of utopia and it was more entertaining than anything that has happened this entire season on big brother. I wish big brother let the house guests fight lol that would be epic utopia had sex,fights,racism and a would be sex offender

The HGs are getting the dog on Tuesday (tomorrow) morning. Not sure of the exact time.

After the Jeff and Jordan visit, Caleb talked a bit about how happy he was there was a dog he could pet. Said it had been a long time since he'd been able to do so. I'm sure he'll spend quite a bit of time with it.  Hope the dog is super mellow.

OMG.  Victoria is too stupid to live.

Derrick is right now convincing her to 1) tell Frankie she and Derrick had a falling out and she'll sway the votes in jury to Frankie (guaranteeing her eviction) and 2) then going on national TV saying that she lied (convincing America Derrick is as badass as Dan, in his own mind), 3) then going to the jury house to secure votes for Derrick to win, and 4) if Frankie wins F2 setting him up to give a speech that proves that he's been manipulated and didn't figure it out.  Derrick is acting like this will be as hard on him as Victoria, getting him to the F2, because he likes her so much more than Cody.

The stupid twit seems happy and excited about it. I'm embarrassed for my gender.  Derrick has got the HG who has done nothing all season more interested in being remembered in the annals of BB than the money.  I don't think any showmance is going on, but Derrick/Victoria is getting to Mike Boogie/Erika levels of gross.

Yes Derrick, you do look like a scumbag on national TV.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 13

It is so amusing to watch Derrick manipulating Victoria and himself into a position for f2.

He keeps her because if he wins final HOH, he takes her with him for a certain win. If he doesn't win final HOH, he can convince any of the remaining HGs who do win final HOH to take him to f2 so THEY win against him because they have been brainwashed to believe he is hated by all. 

Then on finale night, he exposes his plan and hopes they vote for the most brilliant mastermind in the history if BB. (his mindset)

I do not think Derrick is a "scumbag," it is how to win the game instead of just sitting bck and letting the chips fall where they may and wish and hope to go further. Derrick is playing hard and you have to be manipulative to win this game unless you are lucky and float to the end.  

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 10

I'm still not even sure how Derrick proves all of this. He almost has played it too well. I think most if the HG he has convinced to do stuff they (the other HG) think they came up with the ideas themself. Whereas, Frankie has the wins & has been on the block and was also apart of the bomb squad & denotators (I think) and, would be able to convey his game better. IMO!

• Love 3

I'm still not even sure how Derrick proves all of this. He almost has played it too well. I think most if the HG he has convinced to do stuff they (the other HG) think they came up with the ideas themself. Whereas, Frankie has the wins & has been on the block and was also apart of the bomb squad & denotators (I think) and, would be able to convey his game better. IMO!

I'm pretty sure he has a kickass speech prepared. And will nail whatever questions they ask of him.

I do not think Derrick is a "scumbag," it is how to win the game instead of just sitting bck and letting the chips fall where they may and wish and hope to go further. Derrick is playing hard and you have to be manipulative to win this game unless you are lucky and float to the end.  

I don't really ascribe to the idea that playing hard and being manipulative to win the game insulates you from looking like a "scumbag".   By virtue of being on a competitive reality show, most of the people on it are going to look like scumbags.  IMO, Derrick has looked like a scumbag several times this season.  So has Frankie and Christine and Caleb and Cody.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 6

Omygod. Just wasted 2 hrs of my life watching Bachelor In Paradise. *facepalm*  *hangs head*

There is some action tonite on the feeds! Derrick is totally manipulating Victoria.

He almost has played it too well. I think most if the HG he has convinced to do stuff they (the other HG) think they came up with the ideas themself. Whereas, Frankie has the wins & has been on the block and was also apart of the bomb squad & denotators (I think) and, would be able to convey his game better. IMO!

Yeah, ByaNose, I'm worried Derrick won't win. Anyone but Frankie, please!

• Love 1

Derrick is truly a Svengali. I can't believe what I just saw! He's throwing Victoria under the bus convincing her to give up her own game and she's helping him by saying "okay, Derrick, you throw me under the bus and I'll help you by wearing my roller skates so you won't put your back out while doing so!" OMG! She's just too willing to please. I couldn't believe how happy & smug she looked about the whole thing. Caleb may be a 12 year old boy in a man's body, but Victoria is a 4 year old in a woman's body. 

• Love 6

I heard Derrick killed some before , they had an article about dude does remind me of the typical cops I see on the news . I am sure he has bashed a few heads in before or beat some confessions out of a suspect he looks like the type of officer to try that as tactic. He is so aggressive and virtually brow beats and intimidates everyone into nominating who he wanted on the block

Not sure we're watching the same series. :)  Sounds more like you're describing Devin's game than Derrick's.

Derrick's game is the definitive demonstration of the "soft sell".  He doesn't crack heads into compliance; he plants seeds of ideas, and does it well enough so when the ideas pop into fruition, the poor sap Derrick has seeded thinks the ideas are his/her own - and acts on them, to Derrick's benefit.  May not be the most exciting course of events, TV-wise - but with this group of HGs, it has definitely proven effective thus far.

As has been laboriously commented on here, the Achilles' heel of Derrick's strategy is that he's too good at his background maneuvering.  Derrick may have an issue showing the Jury how many times he has controlled the course of this season, because everybody Derrick has "seeded" thinks Derrick's ideas were their own.  He may have trouble convincing them otherwise.  :)

In any case (not that it's germaine to the game), Derrick's demonstrated ability to sway the HGs leaves me convinced that at his day job, Derrick's most powerful tool is his vocal powers of persuasion.  I doubt a blackjack is necessary; leave Derrick in a room with a suspect for an hour, and I bet by the end of the hour the suspect is filling in his newest bestest buddy on all the juicy details.  :)

• Love 14

I think Victoria is willing to go along with whatever Derrick plans because she was never in this to win. I think she couldn't care less about winning. I think she thought it would be fun, earn her a little money, and maybe get her some other gigs. So for her, Derrick winning is fine- she's already lasted longer than she ever thought she would, and she knows she won't win. And she likes Derrick more than than the other three. And mostly? She would probably love a week or so in a luxurious jury house!

So I don't think she's an idiot. I think she has accomplished what she set out to, probably going farther than she expected. Will getting voted out hurt? Sure. But she never bothered crafting a game bc she never really cared.

• Love 3

Omygod. Just wasted 2 hrs of my life watching Bachelor In Paradise. *facepalm*  *hangs head*

But, Jeff proposed to Jordan, so there was a happy ending!!!  Oh, wait, wrong show, nevermind.

Anyway, best thing about BB extending so long....football is back!  And football soap operas and storylines are all so much more interesting than this show this year that I'm cured of the addiction!!

NFL live report:  Goodell blew it, Rice did deck his fiancee without cause, but <wink> no one saw the second video, so let's all move on, because Rice is a good guy.  It's about seven levels of serious above the BB storyline that Caleb was a creeper to Amber, but is charming now, so let's root for him, that I almost forget how hateful Caleb was on Amber's way out.

• Love 3

NFL live report:  Goodell blew it, Rice did deck his fiancee without cause, but <wink> no one saw the second video, so let's all move on, because Rice is a good guy.  It's about seven levels of serious above the BB storyline that Caleb was a creeper to Amber, but is charming now, so let's root for him, that I almost forget how hateful Caleb was on Amber's way out.

Try as I might, pennben, I just *can't* with sports. But I'll agree that there's a helluva lot more pressing issues out there than whether Derrick pulls out a win or not.

I don't think, at least I HOPE, that no one will forget about Caleb's awful behaviour. I know I'll never forget when he said he would put his girlfriend in a circle (or something) and threatened to knock her teeth out. Something like 'she'd have a stomach full of teeth...'. Nope. Not forgotten or excused.

• Love 8

Oh, good, I'm getting to watch Frankie pick his nose and play with the boogers.  Shocking for someone as camera-sensitive as he is.  But on the plus side, paranoia is running high in the house right now, and Frankie is calling soooo much attention to himself by running around talking to everyone.  Dare I dream that the next day or so, and then the rewind aftermath, might be drama-filled?  Dare I??? 

Edited by Turtle

Oh, good, I'm getting to watch Frankie pick his nose and play with the boogers.  Shocking for someone as camera-sensitive as he is.  But on the plus side, paranoia is running high in the house right now, and Frankie is calling soooo much attention to himself by running around talking to everyone.  Dare I dream that the next day or so, and then the rewind aftermath, might be drama-filled?  Dare I??? 

Dare!  Dare!

-- Bart, Blazing Saddles

• Love 3

Try as I might, pennben, I just *can't* with sports.

Count yourself lucky housecat, if you cheered for the teams I do, the best thing you have ever done is to just not do sports!  But I'm hooked, and actually have a team to root for in football, as opposed to trying to figure out who to root for in the house!  Sadly, as with the house this year, it does not appear at this point my team will win; indeed, my team will likely be gone at the Donny stage.

• Love 1

Thanks for getting me, Nashville.

Feeds are actually kind of interesting right now.  Derrick is talking to Vic about the golden button probably meaning she's coming off the block, and so telling her not to make any big moves.  Frankie is trying to molest Cody, who is deftly rebutting him without pissing him off.  Vic is thinking about campaigning, for the first time all season.  Derrick, it seems, is trying to talk her out of it.  He makes a good point, in that if she doesn't win over Caleb, Derrick can't vote to keep her without blowing up his own game, because there is no way Vic is going to get Frankie's tie-breaker vote.

ETA: It's getting even more interesting.  Derrick is telling Vic what to say to Frankie to get him to vote to keep her in a tie, even if it involves turning on Derrick.  Derrick is smooth, we know, but I'm a little surprised at how much Vic is actually in this conversation.  She's maybe thinking about playing this game a little!!

ETAA: Meanwhile, Caleb is asleep, and Cody and Frankie are having a circle jerk in the HOH room.

Even more editing bc I'm confused: I have no idea what it is that Derrick and Vic are planning now.  It somehow involves her acting mad at him, and trying to convince Frankie to keep her, but also her being in the jury house to get Derrick votes for the win.  They both were just saying "If this works...", like it's some big plan, but I can't figure out what the plan actually is. 

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 1

From Joker's: Derrick/Victoria still talking in FR; no action or fake fight yet... NT

GAH! These people....they string me along like a cheap yo yo!

Cody and Frankie are having a circle jerk in the HOH room.

Bwahahahaha!

Not sure we're watching the same series. :)  Sounds more like you're describing Devin's game than Derrick's.

Derrick's game is the definitive demonstration of the "soft sell".  He doesn't crack heads into compliance; he plants seeds of ideas, and does it well enough so when the ideas pop into fruition, the poor sap Derrick has seeded thinks the ideas are his/her own - and acts on them, to Derrick's benefit.  May not be the most exciting course of events, TV-wise - but with this group of HGs, it has definitely proven effective thus far.

As has been laboriously commented on here, the Achilles' heel of Derrick's strategy is that he's too good at his background maneuvering.  Derrick may have an issue showing the Jury how many times he has controlled the course of this season, because everybody Derrick has "seeded" thinks Derrick's ideas were their own.  He may have trouble convincing them otherwise.  :)

In any case (not that it's germaine to the game), Derrick's demonstrated ability to sway the HGs leaves me convinced that at his day job, Derrick's most powerful tool is his vocal powers of persuasion.  I doubt a blackjack is necessary; leave Derrick in a room with a suspect for an hour, and I bet by the end of the hour the suspect is filling in his newest bestest buddy on all the juicy details.  :)

Derrick could have replaced Kyra Sedgewick in "The Closer". 

I do have to thank this season of BB for one thing---Almond Milk. I tried it after seeing it on the show and love it. I haven't mixed it with slop yet, but I may try that next. 

• Love 2

The HGs are getting the dog on Tuesday (tomorrow) morning. Not sure of the exact time.

After the Jeff and Jordan visit, Caleb talked a bit about how happy he was there was a dog he could pet. Said it had been a long time since he'd been able to do so. I'm sure he'll spend quite a bit of time with it.  Hope the dog is super mellow.

Ha ha, does anyone remember Tiny Toons?  Caleb with a dog reminds me of that girl on the show who would love her pets to death.

Count yourself lucky housecat, if you cheered for the teams I do, the best thing you have ever done is to just not do sports!  But I'm hooked, and actually have a team to root for in football, as opposed to trying to figure out who to root for in the house!  Sadly, as with the house this year, it does not appear at this point my team will win; indeed, my team will likely be gone at the Donny stage.

Funny story, I was in a NCAA March Madness bracket last year, and picked all of my teams according to who had the cutest mascot.  It meant I was the only one that had Mercer winning over Duke (seriously, Duke has a fucked up looking mascot) and I picked quite a few teams that went pretty far.  Anyways, if I ever get into football, I think I'm going to choose my team the same way.  Who has the cutest mascot.  It makes a difference when you want to pick cute sports gear.

Derrick could have replaced Kyra Sedgewick in "The Closer". 

I do have to thank this season of BB for one thing---Almond Milk. I tried it after seeing it on the show and love it. I haven't mixed it with slop yet, but I may try that next. 

Oh, I am all about the Almond Milk.  Well actually right now I'm getting into cashew milk, but Almond Milk is the bomb dot com!  Cows are dead to me....except for greek yogurt and hamburgers.  But other than that, cows are dead to me, because never shall I drink the milk of their udders again!  

• Love 4

Derrick is now in the HOH with Frankie and Cody, and it's kind of interesting (surprisingly).  It's clear none of these guys trust each other, but they're all working hard to maintain to the facade.  I just wish Caleb was awake to add some Tall Tales to this kind-of tense conversation.  

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 4

I know.  But I think that is a good plan at this point.  He's pretty sure there is a reset and doesn't know who is going to be on the block next week.  His best option is to have no option and yet have every option at this point.  I'm sure he'll also convince the puppy to work with him going forward, just in case.

• Love 9

I know.  But I think that is a good plan at this point.  He's pretty sure there is a reset and doesn't know who is going to be on the block next week.  His best option is to have no option and yet have every option at this point.  I'm sure he'll also convince the puppy to work with him going forward, just in case.

Maybe the puppy will win the $500,000 and save the season.

• Love 11
His best option is to have no option and yet have every option at this point.  I'm sure he'll also convince the puppy to work with him going forward, just in case.​

Perfectly said, pennben.  On all counts. 

• Love 1

Putting aside that this is a rewind week.  Has Victoria actually put together the fact that Derrick is going to be the one to send her home?  I know he said he told her about the F2 deal in the goodbye interview.  But has he actually told Victoria he is voting for Cody?  Because if Caleb/Derrick split and Frankie is worried that Cody is gunning for him then he's likely to keep Victoria who can't win a comp in this game.

Victoria has mentioned loyalty and Derrick is starting to sweat but I think she really is that dumb not to realize.  I'm sure Donny or Nicole will explain it to her when she's in the jury house.

Victoria has the intelligence of a cucumber. She's not going to put ANYTHING together.

The end game always gets so complicated:    am I rooting for Victoria or the puppy?!  I'm leaning puppy, but, well, why not Victoria since they all think she deserves to stay....

I'm gonna have to get back to you on that:) 

I say that, but Derrick deserves this win; I'd just giggle a bit if Victoria or puppy got it:)

Edited by pennben
  • Love 3

Derrick just got up and went to the bathroom, and then took a detour to the backyard.  He stood there for a bit, looking around, and it seemed to me that he was doing some deep thinking.  He's back in bed now (as I should be!), but I'm really curious about what was going on in his head just then. 

• Love 1

I know.  But I think that is a good plan at this point.  He's pretty sure there is a reset and doesn't know who is going to be on the block next week.  His best option is to have no option and yet have every option at this point.  

Excellent deduction and one I can wrap my mind around.  Thank you!