Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

Hahahahaha! Push it, houseguests, push it! Grodner is probably thinking to herself "well, that's not what I planned".

Still, someone is going to push this button, which means I don't have to pay attention to nominations or POV, or POV ceremony so that's "fun". So...next Thursday then.

• Love 4
Hahahahaha! Push it, houseguests, push it! Grodner is probably thinking to herself "well, that's not what I planned".

Still, someone is going to push this button, which means I don't have to pay attention to nominations or POV, or POV ceremony so that's "fun". So...next Thursday then.

If Grodner was looking to drive the ratings down to 'Famous in 12' levels for the next two episodes, mission accomplished.  Now that the button has been pushed (less than 3 hours after it was introduced), why will anyone watch anything before next Wed. when none of it matters ?

It just doesn't matter !! It just doesn't matter !! It just doesn't matter !! It just doesn't matter !!

I'll be curious if Frankie turns into an even more insufferable preening prick this week, only to get the carpet yanked out from under him.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

Frankie definitely won and he is insisting they push the button which is HILARIOUS because it dethrones him.

AndreaK1041, I could kiss you!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY PUSHED THE BUTTON!!

• Love 2

Grodner has done a lot of stupid twists, but this one is literally (TM Cody) the worst. Seriously, we can all just take a break until next Thursday. I plan on watching a lot of football this weekend, and am out of town for a conference next week. I get back on Thursday! Just in time for something to actually, possibly change the game! Hahahahaha! Sucks for you, Grodner, Frankie is screwed by this twist, and I could not be happier.

• Love 3

Frankie is screwed by this twist, and I could not be happier.

A-fucking-MEN.

The preening and the acting for the camera tonite was out. of. control! He's gonna be insufferable now until Wednesday. UGH

• Love 3

So will Frankie be able to play in the next HoH now that the button's been pushed? Or does Derrick have to sit out again? Or will everyone be eligible for that HoH? Hmmmm.

I'm kind of hoping BB will let the live show continue as normal, including a vote count and reveal, and just before the evicted HG leaves, Julie tells them that F5 has been reset and they'll have a DE the following week. Maybe that'll get the booted HG into going after other detonators.

• Love 1

Julie specifically said on the show that what the button does is that it automatically invalidates the nominations and then the week starts over again (I believe DE-style, but Julie was unclear about that). So yes, Frankie can compete for HoH again. I honestly dunno about Derrick. I imagine that no, he wouldn't be able to, but maybe? 

Edited by Brian Cronin

So are we exempt from the next 6 days of this then? Since it is fully irrelevant?

Watching them now do math is kind of sad. There is a countdown clock to Wednesday's live show, but they can't figure out when the countdown ends.

Oh NO, dear.  The next week is going to be, pardon my French, fucking GREAT.

Frankie will put two people up on the block.

Then explain why he's treating them like shit.

Then the PoV comp - which, if it's used, means Frankie puts yet ANOTHER person on the block.

After which Frankie will REALLY start treating at least one of them like total shit, explaining why it was inevitable their game had to be ground under the wheels of the Frankie Train.  Frankie's whole game plan at this phase of the Game will be TOTALLY exposed.

Then the Live Vote - at which point Julie will say, "And now it's time for the LIVE VOTE!!!  But first...!"

I am happier than a puppy with two peters right now.

• Love 16

I am convinced that this all some rigged shit to try to make the week interesting.  Frankie was in the DR for a looooong time right before HOH comp, and the conspiracy theorist in me says that DR gave Frankie some help to win HOH but only if he promised to push the button.  He came in from the comp and was soooo eager to push the button - he convinced everyone else to get on board with it, and they finally all did.  It was a little too weird, and it's a little too much that Frankie won HOH and then immediately is the one really advocating for pushing the button.  

Not that I mind - if Frankie has to be HOH, I'd definitely prefer it be a week that isn't going to matter.  But still, shut up, Frankie.

ETA: Also, I don't think they know that Wednesday is a live eviction.  They seem to think they're still on the regular schedule, and so they'll have a full day between finding out and the actual eviction.  But, no.  Watching them scramble could be interesting.  COULD be, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope.  Derrick is convinced it'll be a "game-altering" thing, though.  I hope it alters Frankie's game right out the door.

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 2

I'm not so sure this makes it exciting.  I think they know of the "reset" button in past seasons, so I don't see Frankie making bold moves only to have them blow up.

I expect the big twist this week is that they will use M&Ms rather than Skittles to see which guy goes up against Victoria.

• Love 6

So will Frankie be able to play in the next HoH now that the button's been pushed? Or does Derrick have to sit out again? Or will everyone be eligible for that HoH? Hmmmm.

I didn't even consider Frankie not being allowed to play. That would be delicious! Although they did let Chima play when Jeff Cootie Taw'd her HoH. I can't remember if Jeff was also allowed to play but I think yes.

I hope they do Wednesday like a double eviction, because they won't be ready for it. It would be nice to see them surprised for once!

Derrick didn't want to push the button so he's pouting. I don't blame him - twists are scary when you're in the drivers seat.

Derrick will be sleeping wrapped around that button pedestal. Frankie can have the HOH room, not that he hasn't claimed it already.  I guess Frankie must be confused when he sees pictures in there that aren't his family. He probably thinks the true HOH's family pictures are just some of his billions of fans.  ;-)

ETA: I had a senior moment & forgot that Frankie is officially HOH. ugh. So sorry for the confusion if anyone even read this. 

Edited by burgerbitz
I am convinced that this all some rigged shit to try to make the week interesting.  Frankie was in the DR for a looooong time right before HOH comp, and the conspiracy theorist in me says that DR gave Frankie some help to win HOH but only if he promised to push the button.  He came in from the comp and was soooo eager to push the button - he convinced everyone else to get on board with it, and they finally all did.  It was a little too weird, and it's a little too much that Frankie won HOH and then immediately is the one really advocating for pushing the button. 

Not that I mind - if Frankie has to be HOH, I'd definitely prefer it be a week that isn't going to matter.  But still, shut up, Frankie.

Especially since at the end of the episode he was telling Caleb "don't you dare push that button".  Probably production shenanigans.

• Love 2

I am convinced that this all some rigged shit to try to make the week interesting.  Frankie was in the DR for a looooong time right before HOH comp, and the conspiracy theorist in me says that DR gave Frankie some help to win HOH but only if he promised to push the button.

If pushing the button is ultimately going to harm Frankie does that mean they left that part out when they were conspiring with him in the DR or has he been assured that he'll be able to compete for HOH again (and probably win again)?

Never in the history of the game have they introduced something like this that WASN'T pushed. So yes, DR manipulation, but it's par for the course.

But yes, I didn't realize that they didn't know what the button did. In that case, yes, this actually could promise to be pretty good, especially if Victoria wins POV. 

• Love 3

Yeah ByaNose, Aryan deserved the level of boo-ing Christine got tonite. What does that say about Amuricah?? Racial comments are bad but not as bad as attempted adultery?

Edited by housecat
  • Love 3

I think if nothing else, this will ramp up the paranoia level this week.  We all know Caleb tends to get a little (a lot) paranoid already, and I think Frankie will freak out as we get closer to Wednesday, worried what it means for his HOH, and I think Derrick's veneer may start to crack a little. I have no opinion as to what Victoria or Cody will do; maybe Vic cries a lot, and Cody drinks a lot?  

I didn't think about what "rewind" would mean for who can compete in the HOH.  Ideally, Derrick could compete and Frankie couldn't, which I guess could be justified by saying Derrick already sat out an HOH comp, and Frankie technically won the last one and so has to sit out this one, but it seems unlikely they'll do that.  No matter how much I want them to.

Exactly!

Consider the events of the past week.

AG had EVERY reason to believe Frankie was going up on the block if anybody other than Frankie won HoH.

This little twist was designed to benefit Frankie twofold, IF he was on the block:

1. It would take Frankie off the block and save him, because face it - if his ass is still in that orange chair come Thursday, he'd be gone quicker than a one-nighter with a case of the clap.
  2. It would expose to Frankie his greatest true friends and threats in the House - i.e., who would put him on the block, who would keep him there.

Except... FRANKIE won HoH.

And proceeded to run straight to the BGB.

And throw a toddler fit until the BGB was pushed.

Without so much as a DR opportunity to warn him.

So now all of the benefit which was intended to accrue to Frankie, will now go to his nominees.

And it's purely Frankie's fault.  Derrick tried to introduce a voice of reason, but FRANKIE WOULDN'T LISTEN.

I am just... so... happy right now.

I'm just going to sit here and continue being happy.  Yall go on ahead without me.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 10

Especially since at the end of the episode he [Frankie]was telling Caleb "don't you dare push that button".  Probably production shenanigans.

Frankie told Caleb he would kill him if pushed the button.  I kind of wanted to see Frankie try that with Caleb, lol.  

Anyway, Derrick has some unbelievably lucky instincts to win the first HOH so he couldn't play in the second one, you know the one that won't count for shit.  I'd bet he decided not to throw this one because he didn't want to play in the second one.  His was an easy eviction - two girls, up and out.  He had Christine next on his list to be evicted anyway and had gotten everyone basically on board the last I saw yesterday.  

Exactly!

Consider the events of the past week.

AG had EVERY reason to believe Frankie was going up on the block if anybody other than Frankie won HoH.

This little twist was designed to benefit Frankie twofold, IF he was on the block:

• It would take Frankie off the block and save him, because face it - if his ass is still in that orange chair come Thursday, he'd be gone quicker than a one-nighter with a case of the clap.
  • It would expose to Frankie his greatest true friends and threats in the House - i.e., who would put him on the block, who would keep him there.

Except... FRANKIE won HoH.

And proceeded to run straight to the BGB.

And throw a toddler fit until the BGB was pushed.

Without so much as a DR opportunity to warn him.

So now all of the benefit which was intended to accrue to Frankie, will now go to his nominees.

And it's purely Frankie's fault. Derrick tried to introduce a voice of reason, but FRANKIE WOULDN'T LISTEN.

I am just... so... happy right now.

I'm just going to sit here and continue being happy. Yall go on ahead without me.

Nashville I think you and me share the same brain cuz I always agree with everything you say haha.

We just have to HOPE HOPE HOPE that he didn't win the reset HOH, and then doesn't win POV.

• Love 2

From Joker's: Derr talking to Caleb about what a beast Frankie is, just won 2 in one night. Knows Caleb is pissed, almost beat him. "Gotta givecredit to a man when credit's due, you know?" - Derr

You know, us viewers are sick to fucking death of Frankie and his preening but can you imagine having to be Derrick and tongue bath the asshole everytime he wins something?? UGH. It's gotta be SOOOO much worse in person.

ETA: pennben, I'm not so sure about the DR manipulating Frankie into pressing the stupid button. I think Frankie was just on a major high after winning HoH and didn't think it would hurt him. *shrug*

ETA2: and, might I add, I'd love to rip that lizard tongue of his right out! lol It was certainly a busy little body part during the show!

Edited by housecat
  • Love 2

Do we know what Frankie's pecking order is?  Would he settle for taking out Victoria, or does he have someone else in mind?  I feel like I have an idea what Derrick, Cody, and Caleb would do (Frankie, Frankie, Victoria), but really no idea about Frankie's gameplan.  I guess this week will show us what Frankie is thinking, and then, hopefully, dash all his plans.

• Love 1
Why do folks assume that if the twist was to help Frankie, the DR isn't going to clue Frankie in on the twist ASAP so as to help him not make stupid moves this week?​

At this point, I think it doesn't really matter - he has to nominate two people (three if veto is used), and there are only 4 possibilities.  I suppose he could put up Derrick and Caleb if he didn't know the details of the twist, but I don't see him doing that.  I think he continues to go along with the house, targeting Victoria.  It's just fun to know that his whole HOH is going to not count for shit. 

Caleb and Cody discussing sodium.  Caleb says it kills him; Cody says that Caleb is only 2 years older than Cody, and "I bet I'll be the same way when I'm your age."  They're so adorably stupid sometimes.  It's especially funny because Cody is still a dinosaur, and Caleb is wearing green shorts, cowboy boots, and a cowboy hat.  They're like little preschoolers who got to dress themselves. 

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 12

Do we know what Frankie's pecking order is?  Would he settle for taking out Victoria, or does he have someone else in mind?  I feel like I have an idea what Derrick, Cody, and Caleb would do (Frankie, Frankie, Victoria), but really no idea about Frankie's gameplan.  I guess this week will show us what Frankie is thinking, and then, hopefully, dash all his plans.

I believe he's okay with evicting Victoria. But man, if he DOES decide to make a big move and it all gets wiped away? That will be pretty funny.

I imagine that the show won't actually SHOW Frankie pressing the button until Wednesday, right?

Derrick really is the luckiest houseguest (that did not have production specifically trying to intercede on his specific behalf) I think I've ever seen. This twist works PERFECTLY for him. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 5

Why do folks assume that if the twist was to help Frankie, the DR isn't going to clue Frankie in on the twist ASAP so as to help him not make stupid moves this week?

At this point - what can be done?

Frankie is HoH, and the BGB has been pushed. In front of a few thousand witnesses.

What can Frankie do? Not nominate anybody? Put up on the block (and thereby piss off) different people than he was originally going to put up (and thereby piss off)?

This die is cast, and Production screwed it up just as big as any Detonator trying to throw a comp. Might just be best to let it play out as is, lest further interference mess things up even worse.

From Joker's: Derr talking to Caleb about what a beast Frankie is, just won 2 in one night. Knows Caleb is pissed, almost beat him.

Wait a minute. Caleb almost won?

Shouldn't Caleb be wearing the HOH key, then?

After all, almost-wins count as wins in CalebLand, donchaknow.

• Love 2

The button being pushed so early helps Frankie so he doesn't self-sabotage this week. I'm just saying don't get hopes up, because we are Charlie Brown this season and good things happening are the football and Lucy never never lets Charlie get to kick the football.

• Love 7

The button being pushed so early helps Frankie so he doesn't self-sabotage this week. I'm just saying don't get hopes up, because we are Charlie Brown this season and good things happening are the football and Lucy never never lets Charlie get to kick the football.

But will they be told what the button means before next Wednesday?  I very much hope that they do not find out the effect of the button, and that Frankie lets power go to his head all week, so that everyone is fed up with him when the reset happens.

• Love 2

True, pennben. Altho, at least we're getting the true, disgusting edit of Frankie. Wish they would show his disgusting 'rape joke' to the tv watchers.

And as someone else mentioned above, how IRONIC is it that while Frankie's sister is literally surrounded by thousands of warm bodies AND cameras singing the national anthem at a MAJOR sporting event, Frankie is preening on some stupid reality show! He was truly over the top tonite.

Edited by housecat
  • Love 2

It logically cannot be told to them until right before the vote. But then again, this show and logic don't always go hand and hand together.

I wouldn't be surprised if they all figure out that the button means reset and act accordingly (you know, tell each other "don't worry, this doesn't mean anything") and then just act surprised so CBS can get their footage to make it look good for the show. 

So Derrick just got his HOH basket and there was a pic in there that made him upset. Cody looked at it and Derrick said "That wasn't a good pic for them to choose" or something along those lines. He wouldn't show the pic to the rest of the HGs and looked worried. He tried to go into the DR, but they wouldn't let him. People are speculating that it was a pic of him as a cop! Would Production really do that?

Edited by Marie80
  • Love 6

They seem to have convinced themselves that they're playing some sort of game.  They're kind of all over the place with it.  Derrick is really stressing about it.

I really have my tinfoil hat on tonight, so bear with me here:

Derrick got his HOH basket, and Cody was helping him get it out of storage.  Cody picked up the picture, and asked if it was Derrick's brother.  There was kind of a weird exchange there between Cody and Derrick, and then intermittent fish, and then Derrick came out of DR without the picture.  They are giving him a new picture.  He told the group that the first picture "wasn't a good picture" and Vic was all "oh, it was blurry or the quality was bad?"  And Derrick just did "Yeah, yeah."  Got me wondering - is it possible that they screwed up and there was something in the picture that could have given away that Derrick is a cop?  I know production is so careful with that shit, but it all seemed totally weird.  And I've never seen them replace a picture like that.  It was just weird.  Cody hasn't said anything, and I couldn't tell if Cody had been called in to the DR when the fish were happening.  Like I said, I'm totally going round the bend here, most likely, but it was just weird.  

ETA: Hm, Marie80, if other people are commenting on it, maybe I haven't completely lost my mind!  

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 4

Of course they cut to fish when he was explaining! What am I paying for these feeds for if all the juicy stuff is not shown? Anyway, it cut back in and we hear Derrick say "I love her to death, I think that would hurt her." So a pic with his ex-gf? LOL. No idea. We also got a peek at a production guy as he grabbed something in storage.

• Love 1

When Derrick came back out of DR with his new picture, they went to fish again, feeds came back for just a second, and then more fish.  When they back for that moment, it sounded like they were talking about someone else, a woman, who maybe was in the picture - Derrick said "Love her so much" and then other HGs said things like "I think that would hurt her" and "That's sweet".  Made me think maybe the problem was with someone else, like a sister's ex or a pre-plastic surgery aunt or something?  Or maybe that was just a cover story...

• Love 1