Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

I really can't believe that Grodner would want this bland game to continue. It's dull, which is even worse than last season. It's not going to get exciting unless something happens. I'm all for a Pandora's Box at this point because the playing field is so uneven but the only thing it could possibly do is unleash a second veto into the house. 

Though hey, if they want to make a coup d'etat where America chooses anyone who hasn't won PoV, had PoV used on them, or the HoH  this week to replace the two nominees and they're revealed live on Thursday's broadcast, I wouldn't complain. I just want the people I like to have a freaking chance for once.

Edited by ShutUpFlanders
  • Love 1

Rookie questions: Why is coup d'état referred to as Cootie Taw? I assume it's a reference to a past player's-lack of language skills. And two, I know that DOR means self evict, but what do the letters actually stand for?

Edited by Pixel
  • Love 1

Rookie questions: Why is coup d'état referred to as Cootie Taw? I assume it's a reference to a past player's-lack of language skills. And two, I know that DOR means self evict, but what do the letters actually stand for?

If i remember correctly that is how Jordan pronounced it.  Also, DOR=Drop on Request.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 3

DOR = Drop On Request (a la An Officer and a Gentleman).

Jokers 08/22/14 4:49-4:55 PM

Caleb says he told Donny, "You're a genius and it's making all of us look stupid." Says Donny replied, "I appreciate that." NT

Caleb re Donny: "Sometimes, when you're so genius and so smart, you have to be thinking when you're not thinking." NT

Caleb says he reads people very well, and Donny's "a genius. Or if he's not, he has a mental issue." NT

• Love 5

I have been a fan since Season 1...ahhh...bring back Chicken George ;) lol

Oh god no. 

Jokers

Caleb says the way Donny packs his drawers indicates he's military intelligence or a weapons designer rather than infantry.

I hope we see everyone's face when they are told Donny is indeed, a grounds keeper. 

• Love 11

I don't understand what gangrene has to do with anything.

08/22/14 04:52 PM

Derrick tells Caleb that Nicole's another genius. Caleb says if she was so smart, she would've won HOH. Derrick says it might've been different had she been there and not in jury house.

Caleb guarantees that Donny has an IQ of at least 150. Plus he has tics. Derrick wondering if it has something to do with Donny's military time. Caleb hypothesizes: "It's not gangrene."

Positing that Donny's a Silver Star recipient.

Edited by TexasChic
  • Love 4

Derrick tells Caleb that Nicole's another genius. Caleb says if she was so smart, she would've won HOH. Derrick says it might've been different had she been there and not in jury house.

Caleb guarantees that Donny has an IQ of at least 150. Plus he has tics. Derrick wondering if it has something to do with Donny's military time. Caleb hypothesizes: "It's not gangrene."

Gangrene has NOTHING to do with anything.  Hysterical!  He is using the wrong word but damned if I can think of what he means.  Tourettes because of his tics????

• Love 3

Oh! This is interesting!!!

Jokers 08/22/14 05:11 PM

Cody locked out of HOH.

Derrick: "Could be Pandora. Dammit, they're going to try and do a twist where Donny and Nicole are safe for the week. You watch." 

• Love 10

Is it possible Derrick will get Cody to backdoor Christine? Derrick seemed to be planting seeds with Cody earlier about being able to work with Nicole instead of Donny and I wonder if that's because Derrick thinks he can use Nicole to get some of the Bomb Squad out so that Derrick won't have to himself.

• Love 2

Derrick is so paranoid. He can't take the least thing in stride. What is he going to be like closer to the end?

Caleb: "I run one-legged when I have a cramp. And I still outrun people. I run a 4.5 40." NT

08/22/14 05:20 PM

• Love 3

I wonder if TPTB think Derrick is the golden boy and everyone in tv land loves him and we can't have two golden boys (Donny) so no manipulation.

I do hope there is a closeup of Derrick, Cody, Caleb and Frankie when Donny (hopefully) wins America's prize.

The talk Derrick and Donnie had a while ago was really interesting.  Derrick was working real hard to blow smoke up Donnie's ass.  I don't know how Donnie kept a straight face and didn't snicker when Derrick said, "I don't have a specific person to take me to the end."

The cop in Derrick came out during their talk.  It reminded me of those TV cop shows, with the cop sitting in the interrogation room with the perp, trying to make him comfortable by acting like they're equals, making small talk, and working to get the guy to spill his guts.  Unfortunately for Derrick, the person he was trying to snow is much too smart to be taken in by his bullshit.  For a smart guy, Derrick came off looking like the dumb perp.

Ahh, Caleb!  I get so much enjoyment listening to him when he has these light bulb moments where he thinks he has it all figured out.  The shit that comes out of his mouth is pure comedy.     

• Love 5

If they do Pandora's Box, I think this would be the first time the HoH wouldn't open it.  They are so irrationally worried about Donny that I don't think Cody would risk it despite this being just about the safest situation a person could be in to risk it.  The show won't do anything so extreme that it helps Donny and Nicole for more than a week.  Cody is completely comfortable that he'll go F2 with Derrick.  The alliance is showing no signs of turning on him.  His alliance is starting to point out the weak links and they aren't him which is cover for a Donny/Nicole win.  Donny and Nicole have bigger fish to fry.  But Derrick rules Cody and paranoia rules Derrick.

• Love 1

Actually, this could be promising. Caleb might be willing to work with Donny if he thinks Donny is ex-military.

It might not be Pandora's Box. Dumbass Theater today had Caleb and Derrick unable to turn on the television screen in HOH earlier. They figured it might be because they were stocking the groceries in the storage room, but it might actually be broken. I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed for a PB.

I know everyone thinks it's a march to the winner's circle for Derrick but his endgame has a lot of problems. 

I hope you're right about this. Seeing Derrick go at F3 would fill me with so much joy.

Pandora's Box never does anything that changes the game, it is just silly stuff.

Porsche's game was ruined by PB. It's been mentioned already but I had to mention it again because it will never not make me angry.

If they do Pandora's Box, I think this would be the first time the HoH wouldn't open it.

Production isn't gonna let someone not open PB. And considering it's Cody, it won't take much to get him to do it anyway.

Caleb might be willing to work with Donny if he thinks Donny is ex-military.

Caleb has thought this since week 1. I was always surprised that it didn't make him want to work with Donny.

"Hey, Cody, did you hear... is that Zac Efron's voice coming from inside? Are you suuuure you don't want to open Pandora's Box?"

ETA: "Want 7 Minutes in Heaven with a houseguest? Open me!" He opens it, expecting Christine and getting Jessie. Please make that happen!

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 6

From Joker's:

Fri 4:49 PM BBT Caleb says he told Donny, "You're a genius and it's making all of us look stupid." Says Donny replied, "I appreciate that."

Thank you, Donny. That might quite possibly be the funniest thing I've read/heard all month.

• Love 3

Can they make someone open it?  Isn't the idea that they have a choice?

They want it to look like a choice, but it's not. They basically make them open it. It's been alluded to by HGs in the past.

Most likely there's not gonna be a PB, but even if there is, watch Cody get DPOV or something because this season refuses to be good.

• Love 1

It sure seems like Victoria will have to leave and have her teeth extracted.

In BB9 two house guests had to have medical attention both of them left to go to the hospital and came back. Nathan and Alison in BB4 saw a dentist in the DR because they said PB &J was rotting their teeth.

Caleb has thought this since week 1. I was always surprised that it didn't make him want to work with Donny.

And Caleb wanted him gone since week one because he thought he was ex military. Go figure.

• Love 1

She just said that they're bringing someone in to look at them. She also said they aren't giving her painkillers, just telling her to ice it.

Victoria's is the only person besides Nicole and Donny that I actually like, but I really hope she has to be removed from the game for this. I just really want Donny/Nicole to get another chance, dammit!

• Love 1

Well, they don't seem to be talking about it, and the HGs mentioned that Frankie was locked out once and nothing ever came of it. So maybe it's nothing. In the meantime there's this:

Jokers 08/22/14 05:43 PM

Vic in FR to herself "*****. *****. Whyd I do that to Zach." Switches to Derrick cam in SR 

Heh. Who thought Victoria would be able to grasp the idea of karma? She sounds a little rough, but she's still managed to smack her food in a way that makes us headphone users run in horror. Poor girl. Ice and Advil isn't going to do shit for tooth pain. 

• Love 2

The talk Derrick and Donnie had a while ago was really interesting.  Derrick was working real hard to blow smoke up Donnie's ass.  I don't know how Donnie kept a straight face and didn't snicker when Derrick said, "I don't have a specific person to take me to the end."

The cop in Derrick came out during their talk.  It reminded me of those TV cop shows, with the cop sitting in the interrogation room with the perp, trying to make him comfortable by acting like they're equals, making small talk, and working to get the guy to spill his guts.  Unfortunately for Derrick, the person he was trying to snow is much too smart to be taken in by his bullshit.  For a smart guy, Derrick came off looking like the dumb perp.

Ahh, Caleb!  I get so much enjoyment listening to him when he has these light bulb moments where he thinks he has it all figured out.  The shit that comes out of his mouth is pure comedy.     

I read the transcript of this talk on Jokers, and I couldn't figure out what on earth Derrick was getting at. But I agree whatever it was, Donny wasn't taken in.

• Love 1

Heh. Who thought Victoria would be able to grasp the idea of karma?

She's actually talked about karma a couple times. It's cute/hilarious to me that she thinks her tooth pain is karma for cutting up her own hat.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I wonder what they'll do if she has to have her wisdom teeth removed. It's not a simple procedure and these nitwits wouldn't know how to take care of her afterwards.

Oh yeah. The two on the block could.

I hate this season.

Jokers 08/22/14 06:47-48 PM

Caleb goes upstairs to see if HOH is still locked. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd it isn't. No Pandora's Box. NT

Derrick: "Something's going on. The cameras aren't moving." Motioning to Victoria "Walk over there" and she jumps up & does it. NT

Heh. Who thought Victoria would be able to grasp the idea of karma? She sounds a little rough, but she's still managed to smack her food in a way that makes us headphone users run in horror. Poor girl. Ice and Advil isn't going to do shit for tooth pain.

Perhaps the sonic waves from her food-smacking was amplified by the mic and shattering the enamel of her teeth. Then this African witch doctor with two college degrees who was engaged to Johnny Depp's stunt double came at her wisdom teeth with a tattered pink hammer and....

Excuse me. Went all Caleb there for a sec.

Jokers 08/22/14 06:47-48 PM

Caleb goes upstairs to see if HOH is still locked. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd it isn't. No Pandora's Box. NT

Derrick: "Something's going on. The cameras aren't moving." Motioning to Victoria "Walk over there" and she jumps up & does it. NT

See? Just like a puppet, without all the mess of strings.

• Love 9

For someone with tooth pain, she sure is mowing down those potato chips. I've never had a problem with my wisdom teeth, but the last time I had a dental problem, I couldn't stand to eat anything that wasn't soft or half liquid.

• Love 1

Well, she still has her wisdom teeth! I was fine before I had mine removed, but, yea, afterwards you can't eat for awhile.

In BB9 Alison and Amanda were taken out of the house for a medical thing and brought back. But I think wisdom teeth removal is maybe a bit much for that to happen.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

Someone was talking about how in BB9 Alison and Amanda were taken out of the house for a medical thing and brought back. But I think wisdom teeth removal is maybe a bit much for that to happen.

I had mentioned that, that is true. As much as I would love Victoria to DOR I don't think she would. To give up your entire summer just to DOR seems like a waste.

Edited by choclatechip45

I wouldn't think problems with wisdom teeth would come all of a sudden like a cavity, but then I got mine removed as a kid as a preventative thing.

The not eating is less problematic than the fact that I was laid up for a couple days.  Being put under is not something I bounce back from quickly but I don't know how normal that is for that type of procedure.

Edited by ParadoxLost