Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

So if the HGs don't know Derrick is a cop, what did they tell him he did for a living?  Is that why they never counter his 'you are taking food out of my daughter's mouth'?  They think he's unemployed or something?

Parks and recreation.  I don't remember his title if he said he had one.

So if the HGs don't know Derrick is a cop, what did they tell him he did for a living?  Is that why they never counter his 'you are taking food out of my daughter's mouth'?  They think he's unemployed or something?

He used to work for parks and recreation before he became a cop so that's what he says is his current job. 

He told the HGs he was in Parks & Recreation, a job that he apparently had before becoming a cop. ETA: y'all are quick on the trigger tonight!  ;-)  You got answers in on this before me.  lol

Edited by burgerbitz

Derrick lied about being with parks and recreation because he didn't want to say he was a cop.  He never said he used to work for them.

On feed.  Derrick just announced that they couldn't take Victoria to the final 3 because the winner of the final challenge would take her for an easy win. 

Derrick lied about being with parks and recreation because he didn't want to say he was a cop.  He never said he used to work for them.

He did in pre-game interviews. That's why he actually knows enough about it to talk about it convincingly with Donny. He mentioned he worked at parks and rec when he was younger, so I guess high school or very early in his college years.

• Love 1

I hear ya!  They need more time to show feed highlights and what is really going on.  The competitions take up all the time and non feed viewers have no clue what these people are like. 

I frequent a gossip site that ran an Arianna Grande story yesterday.  I posted - I know nothing about her except her brother is disgusting, and I pity her.  Another poster immediately asked me why I called him disgusting.  Suspecting I was about to be called homophobic, I carefully spelled out, verbatim, some of his best quotes you folks post here.  It was moderated out - possibly the pulling the dildo out of Zach's ass part.  I re-posted a cleaner version, and the other poster freaked out at how disgusting Frankie was.  She said she had no idea.

This is true. He's talked about his ADHD medication a few times and how he started taking them in the ninth grade, but he recently stopped (two/three months ago) because it made him a different person and he didn't want to take them if he got onto Big Brother. I did read up on ADHD medication when I saw him talking about it and it does make a lot of sense as to why he is the way that he is, with his aggression and impulsive actions. 

It just really bugs me that Christine/Frankie/Cody are making him out to be a mental case who's unstable and a woman beater, or what not. Frankie has literally said something along the lines of Zach being a woman beater and how he hates women. Christine constantly says how she's scared of Zach, how he's a monster, how he's an animal trapped in a cage (which is seriously fucked up, Christine). Cody makes comments about wanting to punch Zach in the face too. Those three are just taking things to a personal level now. Like, Zach can be bad, he can say nasty and mean things and he does instigate for no reason. However, what they have said is much worse because they do it behind his back and convince people like Victoria like he's a violent person and will snap at any moment and get physically aggressive, which I have not seen. Zach even said himself once that he likes to instigate, he likes to use his words but he's not a violent person. So these people are making it seem like they'll be safer to get Zach out of the house, when I personally would rather be around Zach than those three,

By no means do I want to defend C/F/C, but living in close quarters to someone with severe ADHD - especially if you're not able to get away - can be very stressful.  If Zach was on meds for years, and then took himself off a couple of months ago, he just doesn't have any experience with managing his symptoms.  Remember how the HG's were freaked out by Ian in his season?  Ian would get up in the middle of the night and pace.  Zach shows classic signs of racing thoughts and almost manic behavior.  That can be unnerving.  Are they blowing it out of proportion - absolutely, and it's cruel.  Why production is allowing him to be egged on is beyond me.

Some fans were yelling these things into the backyard, where Caleb, Zach and Frankie were. 

That sounds like a security risk.  At the very least, secrets could be spilled.

Apparently there is a plan afoot for someone to shout "DERRICK IS A COP!" later tonight. Finally, something which could actually change the game. The HGs aren't THAT stupid to dismiss this, even Caleb and Cody. I think they'd take this seriously and question Derrick about it. Zach certainly would.

I absolutely hate this idea.  If these people can't figure Derrick out, I don't think the info should be spoon-fed to them.  The Grandes probably have the greatest access to money, therefore a greater ability to arrange for these shenanigans outside the house.  Do we want Frankie to have an advantage?

• Love 6

Thanks Brian, I missed that. 

Redhead, that is exactly why I want more feed highlights included in the TV shows.  The fact that a fan of Ariana had no clue her brother was less than fabulous annoys me.

• Love 5

Maybe I'm just a troublemaker, but the game has no real integrity anyways, so I would enjoy the public screaming some stuff. I even thought they should have allowed the plane banners and just did some false ones of their own to always keep the houseguests guessing.

• Love 4

Maybe they could turn one of the challenges into a version of "Three Truths and a Lie." They (meaning Production) could give three true statements and one false one about each HG and they'd have to guess which one was false. Or maybe they could reverse that for this group and they'd have to pick the true one. Depending on what facts and lies they used it could get interesting. They need to do something to liven things up in there.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 3

From Jokers:

I know this isn't the first time they've talked about Donny like this, but I still just don't understand it. Who are they trying to fool here? Is this targeting those hordes of viewers who stay away from all BB-related media and then sign up for the live feeds on day 62 to catch this conversation? Because everyone else knows that these two are full of shit.

I think they get instructions in the DR so production has options for the edit.  After the last few days, I  could see production pointing out that they have no likable footage or them figuring out themselves that they better put a positive option out there or they have no chance of good spin.

The whole exchange reminds me of something Letterman said once about Conan getting tossed from the Tonight Show and remarking on a speech Leno gave where he said "Don't blame Conan" to which Letterman pointed out "No one is blaming Conan." 

This was Frankie and Derrick saying "Don't blame Donny" as an attempt to Svengali us into not blaming them.  'Team America, don't blame Donny for playing his own game {don't blame us}"   'Look over there, Christine threw the competition and we've been going after Donny least of all {except for nominating him and planning for throwing the competition}' 

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 4

I frequent a gossip site that ran an Arianna Grande story yesterday.  I posted - I know nothing about her except her brother is disgusting, and I pity her.  Another poster immediately asked me why I called him disgusting.  Suspecting I was about to be called homophobic, I carefully spelled out, verbatim, some of his best quotes you folks post here.  It was moderated out - possibly the pulling the dildo out of Zach's ass part.  I re-posted a cleaner version, and the other poster freaked out at how disgusting Frankie was.  She said she had no idea.

Did you also mention there were additional Frankie quotes you apparently couldn't even post because of the site's moderation guidelines? :)

By no means do I want to defend C/F/C, but living in close quarters to someone with severe ADHD - especially if you're not able to get away - can be very stressful.  If Zach was on meds for years, and then took himself off a couple of months ago, he just doesn't have any experience with managing his symptoms.  Remember how the HG's were freaked out by Ian in his season?  Ian would get up in the middle of the night and pace.  Zach shows classic signs of racing thoughts and almost manic behavior.  That can be unnerving.  Are they blowing it out of proportion - absolutely, and it's cruel.  Why production is allowing him to be egged on is beyond me.

Plus - when you're locked in a House with somebody for months on end and no means of escape, I expect even the mildest of personal idiosyncrasies could, over time, become like nails on a blackboard.

I absolutely hate this idea.  If these people can't figure Derrick out, I don't think the info should be spoon-fed to them.  The Grandes probably have the greatest access to money, therefore a greater ability to arrange for these shenanigans outside the house.  Do we want Frankie to have an advantage?

I doubt the Grandes have anything to do with it, or WOULD have anything to do with it. I totally agree, however - the notion of giving Frankie an unfair advantage fills me with the horrors of Yog-Sothoth.

• Love 3

As someone who works in the vegetable industry, I can assure you peppers are very nutritious.

OK, none of you care, but it was on topic and I *never* get to start a sentence that way.  Woot, vegetables!

I am completely uninterested in house happenings now, but Thursday's episode should be fun regardless.  None of the remaining HG even remotely sort of want any of the evicted people out, so happy times for viewers.  And Zingbot tomorrow? Yay.  I think the network show is still pretty decent this year.  The last two BoBs were exciting.

• Love 10

How does Googling up one of his lame, childlike videos, or having some stranger say, "Yes, I know that you are Frankie Grande because I have seen you on the internet" prove that he is 21 or over, anyway?  So full of SHIT.  GOD!!!!!!!!  Makes me SO ANGRY!!!!!!!  I mean, I already had a bad day, so I'm kind of raw and ripe to hate on Frankie right now, but he has definitely bypassed Caleb when it comes to delusion and ego.

• Love 10

I'm liking all these conversations between Zach and Donny where Donny gives advice on how Zach should go about staying in the game and Zach giving Donny strategies to help him advance once he's gone.

I hope they show some of these on air.  Zach has really redeemed himself.  It seems like he's dropped a character he adopted to play the game and is more real now that he is sure he is done.

• Love 7

Imagine if Caleb/Victoria are the final 2? I wonder who would give a better jury speech...

Caleb's would be the most delusional and entertaining. I'd want him in the F2 just to hear it.

Honestly, I'd doubt it would change the game if Derrick was outted as a cop. These lemming couldn't function without him and it wouldn't matter.

Catching up:

I hope they're still besties by Halloween. Nicole can play Dorothy!

Amber would make a good Glinda.  And Derrick is definitely the wizard/man behind the curtain.  And Donny is kind of like the tin man (big heart, creaky joints).  And...I got nothing.  It's tempting to cast Caleb and Cody as the scarecrow and lion, respectively.  Except the scarecrow actually did have a brain and the lion actually did have courage.

I have a feeling there will be a dismissive "I was playing the villain role!  You don't honestly think that that was the real me, do you?   You must not understand the business.   I'm a social media mogul -- I knew what production wanted, so I provided it, week after week.  The goal was never to win, but to make amazing television, which was a complete success!

Nail on the head.

I really hope it's an endurance HOH/return to the house comp like last season and the evicted HGs, including this week's evictee (presumably Zach), get to yell out things to each other about what they think has been going on in the house while they endure.  So even if Zach wins the return part, he won't just automatically take the easy route and team up with Derrick/Cody to go after Frankie, just like Judd did after he won last year and then teamed up with Amanda/Macrae again.  I want Frankie gone (hell, I want all of them gone except Donny), but getting rid of Frankie now won't change the power structure in the house.  Only putting up Derrick/Cody with Caleb as back up will do that.

ETA:  Periods/commas, same diff, right?

Edited by Newbietunes
  • Love 5

I'm confused right now over these people's strategies. There's eight people left, with Zach gone on Thursday. There's an alliance of six (now with more Caleb and less Zach!), and most of these people are still dead set on getting out anyone who is not in their alliance of six (ie, Donny and Victoria). I read that Cody was muttering to himself after his talk with Donny that Donny was so wrong, and there was no need for that conversation. Why not?? Does Cody think that at final six they all win?

I still think this season comes down to Frankie vs. Derrick. Those two will never show their cards, but they have to know that the other is their biggest threat. I'm personally rooting for Derrick (see below), but mostly rooting for it to just happen already.

I find it amazing that people still trust Derrick so much at this point in the game. And to be honest, I give him props for this. Every year it seems people who own the house don't get their due because the rest of the house is deemed as being "so stupid". I'm starting to think it's the environment and not the HGs intelligence levels. Well, actually, I think the HGs are equally stupid every year, so whoever manipulates them to coast to a win is equally smart. Derrick hasn't earned that yet, because there's a lot of game to play, but I'm not looking to put any kind of asterisk on his win if it does pan out like I think it will.

• Love 2

I don't think that there is an asterisk on his win. I think it is a fine win. I just don't think he compares well to former masterminds in the show, that's all. I think he still ranks in the top 10-15% of the gameplayers the show has ever had (which is more because, as you note and I absolutely agree, they typically cast mostly morons). 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 3
I still think this season comes down to Frankie vs. Derrick. Those two will never show their cards, but they have to know that the other is their biggest threat.

I did think that until this week.  Why didn't Frankie put up Derrick against Cody now, do you think?  There will never be a better opportunity than now to get Derrick out, if Frankie does indeed see him as his biggest threat (as he should).

• Love 1

I'm am fully on board with Derrick winning. I know everyone is hoping someone turns on him, but to what end? A Caleb win? Christine? Cody?!? No, no, no. That just won't do. Donny has no shot, and I hate Frankie, so Derrick is by far my best option. They do not deserve to win, as boring as it may be to have Derrick run the table.

Someone is yelling outside again. They are locked down.

• Love 7

I'm am fully on board with Derrick winning. I know everyone is hoping someone turns on him, but to what end? A Caleb win? Christine? Cody?!? No, no, no. That just won't do. Donny has no shot, and I hate Frankie, so Derrick is by far my best option. They do not deserve to win, as boring as it may be to have Derrick run the table.

Someone is yelling outside again. They are locked down.

Really? I wasn't paying attention and wondered what happened. Maybe it's the "Derrick is a cop" thing?

Edited by TexasChic

I just realized just how dumb Cody is, in both playing his own game and relying on riding Derrick's coat tails.

What was one of the things Derrick told Cody that he had to do, to keep their game going strong and advancing AFAP?  "Play to your strengths.  Keep flirting with and schmoozing up the girls."  Who were 6 of the first 8 HGs evicted?  Yep.

How in the world has Cody not seen/realized this??   If he has woken up to that little fact, he's not shown it in any way, either in DRs or on the feeds - or at least I haven't seen it mentioned from the feeds or updates.

Between that and his antics with Christine... Kid needs to keep punching himself while he's sleeping, maybe waking up black and blue & with a big headache will have him pulling up a bit and wondering.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 3

HGs - Derrick, primarily - are finally figuring out a buy back would require at least an extra week past their original expectations of a finale around Sept. 16/17.

Jokers says Donny figured it out.

• Love 1

Frankie's "British" accent makes me want to climb through my TV and throat-punch him.  Just, seriously, Shut up, Frankie.

Seems like someone yelled something like "We love you" or "I love you"- from what I could hear before they went all fish-y, no names were mentioned by whoever yelled, but obviously I'm not sure.

They were talking about when the end date for the game is, and whether someone might be coming back.  It was a pretty interesting conversation, actually - especially for this group.  Showed that Donny and Derrick, and to a lesser degree Christine, really are fans and know how the game works.  They were discussing the length of previous seasons and when there was a "buy-back" and how many double evictions, etc.  I like hearing that kind of talk from the HGs.

Why didn't Frankie put up Derrick against Cody now, do you think?  There will never be a better opportunity than now to get Derrick out, if Frankie does indeed see him as his biggest threat (as he should).

It's a symptom of Frankie's narcissism - I think he truly believes that the viewing audience and production love him, and that he really is running the game.  That, or he doesn't care if he actually wins, but is just trying to milk this experience for as much exposure as possible.  Or maybe it's both.

ETA: something else must have happened, other than them hearing "we love you", for them to be on fish this long, I think.  It kind of pisses me off, because this sort of thing is exactly what I want to see on the feeds.  But they always fish-out the good stuff.  :)

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 2

I did think that until this week. Why didn't Frankie put up Derrick against Cody now, do you think? There will never be a better opportunity than now to get Derrick out, if Frankie does indeed see him as his biggest threat (as he should).

Frankie was too scared to pull that trigger. Especially if a buyback is in the works.

Really? I wasn't paying attention and wondered what happened. Maybe it's the "Derrick is a cop" thing?

Apparently not. Before they went to the current thrilling expose on aquatic life, the HGs were saying someone was shouting "I love you!" to nobody specific.

Jokers says Donny figured it out.

Wouldn't doubt it. What I saw was Derrick 'splaining it to Christine, but Donny may have 'splained it to Derrick earlier.

Edited by WendyCR72
No nicknames allowed here. Thank you.

I'm confused right now over these people's strategies. There's eight people left, with Zach gone on Thursday. There's an alliance of six (now with more Caleb and less Zach!), and most of these people are still dead set on getting out anyone who is not in their alliance of six (ie, Donny and Victoria). I read that Cody was muttering to himself after his talk with Donny that Donny was so wrong, and there was no need for that conversation. Why not?? Does Cody think that at final six they all win?

I still think this season comes down to Frankie vs. Derrick. Those two will never show their cards, but they have to know that the other is their biggest threat. I'm personally rooting for Derrick (see below), but mostly rooting for it to just happen already.

I find it amazing that people still trust Derrick so much at this point in the game. And to be honest, I give him props for this. Every year it seems people who own the house don't get their due because the rest of the house is deemed as being "so stupid". I'm starting to think it's the environment and not the HGs intelligence levels. Well, actually, I think the HGs are equally stupid every year, so whoever manipulates them to coast to a win is equally smart. Derrick hasn't earned that yet, because there's a lot of game to play, but I'm not looking to put any kind of asterisk on his win if it does pan out like I think it will.

I'm in the same boat as you Katesus7, though I think it is a combo of Derrick is a decent to good player and the rest of the cast isn't that great at thinking long term. Like you said, what do these people think happens once Donny goes? I don't think I've even read or seen anything regarding the game after Donny goes from anybody other than Derrick. And even then, what's his ideal boot order and what's Derrick thinking in terms of how he'll get there?

It sounds like it was a little of both.

Jokers 8/19/14 9:34-9:36
Donnie says maybe the last date wasn't set in stone. Derrick says maybe they will there for 95 days. NT

Derrick aid 4 evictions, but 4th eviction and finale are the same night. Indicates a double eviction. NT

Caleb agrees says there is a double eviction and no buy back. NT

Derrick: That 4th one is technically not an eviction night because it's finale night. NT

Derrick said maybe Donnie is right and there is an extra week. Derrick said there is 4 thursdays left. 4th Thursday is finale. NT

You'd think a "media mogul" would know enough to close his mouth when he eats instead of chomping like a cow. Almost as irritating as the Brit accent. 

Has anyone ever witnessed a miracle, as in Victoria doing dishes???

Edited by burgerbitz
  • Love 5

I am convinced that 80% of what Frankie does in the house is an attempt to get more TV time, rather than his real personality or any gameplay.  He just keeps doing accents and song & dances and cuddling or whatever else in the hope that footage of it will make the show.  It's really annoying as a viewer - I like to see people actually be a part of the house and, as much as possible, forget about the cameras and actually focus on the game.  Also, I hate Frankie, and just really wish he would shut up.

• Love 11

His singing and dancing reminded me of Martin Short as Jackie Rogers Jr., only not funny. But he was even more like that horrible child actor in The Day Of The Locust whose name was Adore, had curly blond hair and was stomped to death by Donald Sutherland. Zach would be a suitable fill-in.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 10

His singing and dancing reminded me of Martin Short as Jackie Rogers Jr., only not funny. But he was even more like that horrible child actor in The Day Of The Locust whose name was Adore, had curly blond hair and was stomped to death by Donald Sutherland. Zach would be a suitable fill-in.

Sometimes a Multiple Like button would be real f***in' handy.

• Love 3

Omg I agree with all of the above with Frankie I feel like he is so ill mannered and disgusting and such a ham and arrogant. Ugh shut the fuck up!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously. Shut the fuck up. He thinks he's Lea Michelle, Hugh Jackman, and Bill Murray combined.

Also they were talking about a short long haired black comedian and said Kevin Hart and Chris Rock...the name they were looking for is Katt Williams.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2

You'd think a "media mogul" would know enough to close his mouth when he eats instead of chomping like a cow. Almost as irritating as the Brit accent. 

Has anyone ever witnessed a miracle, as in Victoria doing dishes???

I witnessed her doing her own dishes and she didn't even use soap. I don't think she knows how it works.

• Love 2

How is it Christine the super fan and resident witch doesn't comprehend the simple math of contentions and weeks left? And recall the final week there's 3 houseguests?

Derrick patiently explained it to the shrew for minutes and she failed to get it while Donny calmly watched. Donny and Derrick are the only contestants that have brains.

Why was mop head Victoria crying in the kitchen? Over her hat?

• Love 1

I witnessed her doing her own dishes and she didn't even use soap. I don't think she knows how it works.

I recall an exchange a week or two ago, when both Christine and Vic had been eating. Vic just dumped her dirty dish in the sink, but Christine proceeded to wash hers. Victoria watched her for a second and said something to the effect of, "How can you wash that? That's so GROSS!" I guess back home, Vic just expects the magical dirty dish fairies to take care of such tawdry tasks.

• Love 3

How is it Christine the super fan and resident witch doesn't comprehend the simple math of contentions and weeks left? And recall the final week there's 3 houseguests?

Or how she does not realize this is Brigade 2.0 and she is Britney Hayes without the funny DRs.

• Love 4

Why was mop head Victoria crying in the kitchen? Over her hat?

I think it may have been over the fact that she's freaking hungry. Poor girl has been on slop nearly half the time she has been in the house. I've got to give it to her though she hardly ever complains about it, unlike that baby Caleb who literally bitched about it every five minutes.

Edited by Marie80
  • Love 2