Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: My Fair Lockdown

WendyCR72

That was intense! For the first time since the premier I wasn't sure there would be a positive outcome (in the hostage situation). 

I'm cool with the drama being in the personal relationships but I'm here for the 'do the right thing' courtroom time.

• Love 5

Emily really is acting like she's done with Luke. Walking off and leaving him standing there alone after the hostage situation was cold. At first, I thought he was being annoying when he was talking to Mark about the situation, but now I see that he's not just imagining it.

I was surprised by the revelation about Judge Benner. I don't want her to be a bad guy, but I expected she would be, after the warning from that other judge a few episodes ago.

This show is generally pretty much on the side of everyone being basically good, and there aren't really any total villains, so far. I thought there might be bloodshed during the hostage situation, but the show has always veered toward at least semi-happy endings, so I guess I should have known they wouldn't go that far with it.

Lola should have told her husband, in that voice mail, that she'd been held hostage. Just saying she had an awful day wasn't enough.

• Love 6

So, I'm guessing, a mistrial?

If the tone of her voice isn't enough to make him drop everything and call her back, whatever she said won't make any difference, in my opinion.  That was one stressed phone call.  They are definitely going somewhere with the tension between the two of them.

Worst. Bailiff. Ever.  They are trained SO deputies; he should have expected some type of violent or extreme behavior from the defendant as soon as he got up.

Did her experience in Die Hard inspired Holly McLane to write a book?

• Love 3
11 hours ago, possibilities said:

Emily really is acting like she's done with Luke. Walking off and leaving him standing there alone after the hostage situation was cold.

Lindsey really needs to learn how to read a room, too. Interrupting with an "OMG I'm so glad you're OK hug" is fine but not ending their interaction with "I'll catch up with you later" was not.

• Love 8

That moment where Lola got Sherri and Sara out, pushed them through the door and shut it firmly behind them with a steely look on her face, was bad-ass.

15 hours ago, possibilities said:

Emily really is acting like she's done with Luke. Walking off and leaving him standing there alone after the hostage situation was cold. At first, I thought he was being annoying when he was talking to Mark about the situation, but now I see that he's not just imagining it.

It's bugging me. If I'm Luke, we're at the point where I say that I can't keep putting myself out there and having it be for naught. As he says, maybe the timing is just off. He's showing all the signs of being all-in with this, and she's just not. Which isn't wrong of her, but I'd be ready to call it.

I like Mark taking Luke under his wing. I also like Sherri and her new man.

• Love 14
32 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

That moment where Lola got Sherri and Sara out, pushed them through the door and shut it firmly behind them with a steely look on her face, was bad-ass.

It's bugging me. If I'm Luke, we're at the point where I say that I can't keep putting myself out there and having it be for naught. As he says, maybe the timing is just off. He's showing all the signs of being all-in with this, and she's just not. Which isn't wrong of her, but I'd be ready to call it.

I like Mark taking Luke under his wing. I also like Sherri and her new man.

Maybe because I got NetFlix and saw their Marvel's Defenders saga before this TV season I see her as Misty Knight with a judge's robe.

If I was Luke about now I would be thinking that I did the public service of being her rebound guy as part of Ms Lopez's healing which the next guy will receive the fruits of.

Edited by Raja
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Raja said:

If I was Luke about now I would be thinking that I did the public service of being her rebound guy as part of Ms Lopez's healing which the next guy will receive the fruits of.

Yeah. I don't know how long it's been since her divorce and Luke is clearly sympathetic to the fact that she might not be ready, but ... she might not be ready. And if she isn't, there really isn't anything to do but cut your losses, mourn that the timing wasn't right, and move on.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Brenner's "go home Carmichael. We'll pick this up again tomorrow" was such a weird thing to say. Who talks like that?

Sounded like the boss, as presiding judge, when upset, giving an order with emphasis that she is the boss. Since they weren't in public the normal "Judge Carmichael" was not used and it was not friendly so not Lola.

• Love 3

Brenner's "go home Carmichael. We'll pick this up again tomorrow" was such a weird thing to say. Who talks like that?

It didn't strike me as weird. I took it to mean that they've both had a long, trying day, that she had some 'splaining to do and now just wasn't the time to do it.

I enjoyed Laski's moments. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Empress1 said:

YYYYEEEESSS!!!!! So much this. I was like, "I've never wanted someone to be my boss so bad in my life." LOL.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, mojito said:

I enjoyed Laski's moments.

I did too! I liked his comments, snark, and sense of humor (at the end when he's like "so we'll reconvene in 20? Nah, get outta here.")

I feel bad for Luke. I know Emily's gone through a lot, but I feel like she pulls him close then pushes him away. And not wanting to see him at night after being held hostage? Seems like she's not ready for a relationship. That's OK Luke, here's my number, all will be fine. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I was half watching. What did Benner tell her ex about the case, and if Lola didn’t know whatever it was, why is she angry with Benner. Clearly I missed a lot! 

Benner's firm strong-armed Cuprillon's employees to accept small settlements. It was later revealed from an anonymous Cuprillon worker that there were internal documents proving that Cuprillon knew it was poisoning its employees. Benner did her job well and some of the stench of that litigation is on her.

She's trying to find out how bad the stench will be on her by having Lola look into the scandal and see how bad Lola thinks it is (Lola is her barometer).

The rest of the story, which doesn't really matter, but puts a more positive light on Benner:  Benner admits to her ex that she (Benner) is the one who leaked the Cuprillon documents, not an employee of the company. 

If this ever got out, Benner would lose everything. I guess she really trusts her ex a lot.

Edited by mojito
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, mojito said:

Benner's firm strong-armed Cuprillon's employees to accept small settlements. It was later revealed from an anonymous Cuprillon worker that there were internal documents proving that Cuprillon knew it was poisoning its employees. Benner did her job well and some of the stench of that litigation is on her.

She's trying to find out how bad the stench will be on her by having Lola look into the scandal and see how bad Lola thinks it is (Lola is her barometer).

The rest of the story, which doesn't really matter, but puts a more positive light on Benner:  Benner admits to her ex that she (Benner) is the one who leaked the Cuprillon documents, not an employee of the company. 

If this ever got out, Benner would lose everything. I guess she really trusts her ex a lot.

A thousand thank you’s!

• Love 1

That escalated so quickly! The hostage taking was really intense, glad that they were able to end on at least something of a happy note with minimal bloodshed. Lola was a real badass throughout, especially that steely look she had when she shuffled Sherri and Sara out of the room and turned around to look at the hostage taker. I also liked that, after the crisis was over, she was clearly deeply affected by it all. Lola is tough, but this isnt exactly something she deals with on a day to day basis. 

Sad to see that Emily is already over Luke, she didnt want to be with him after being taken hostage by a man wielding a gun! Maybe its just too soon for her after her abusive marriage, but if she isnt interested in going forward with Luke, I hope she tells him soon, seems to be really all in on this relationship. At least he has Mark! Really liking them as buddies and Mark mentoring him, they're a lot of fun together. 

Sherri and her cop boyfriend are really cute, nothing like a hostage situation and a mild concussion to bring people closer together!

• Love 4

I would like to give a shout-out to Ben Browder in this episode. He managed to make the hostage taking scenes intense enough to make the whole episode vibrate. He has only done bit parts in the last ten years after Farscape and Stargate which I have been wondering about.

• Love 1

I kind of feel like the show lost interest in Luke/Emily since they introduced that other clerk who works in Marks Office.

Now they have Luke and her giving each other a few stares while they keep highlighting how incompatible he and Emily are. It’s disappointing.