Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: The Devil You Know

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Voight makes a deal with Darius Walker to help bring down a rogue group of dirty cops dealing drugs that were supposed to be destroyed. Upton clashes with Voight and enacts her own form of justice.

Airdate: 01/22/2020

Meh, Is there anyone in that Unit that isn't corrupt?   Upton is VERY good at keeping her hands clean.   She knows how to knock over dominoes to get the results she wants, while at the same time, not doing anything that could drag her in front of "The Ivory Tower."

She's methodical and calculating.  I actually like it.  And I didn't feel sorry for Darius Walker, he had been getting away with literal murder.   When motivated, Hayley is willing to sink pretty low to see a score settled.   I like her as a grey character.

• Love 5

I see Hailey is now baby Voight in training. I knew that Darius would end up dead eventually,    but damn his death was gruesome. I don’t have any sympathy for Darius he was getting away with slowly poisoning people with drugs. His only redeeming quality was that he invested his money into the community to create better schools. Darius knew he was about to die so he cleaned house.

• Love 2

Well, well, well Hypocrite Hailey finally shows her true colours. She's no better than the rest of them but at least they don't pretend to be holier than thou.

The next time she tries her sanctimonious claptrap on people I hope they tell her to stick it up her ass.

Barely two weeks after narking over Halstead getting personal, she facilitates a murder because she's pissy. Of course Halstead has to run after her, can those two actually function independently? That inevitable relationship has train wreck written all over it no to  mention they both have the personality of wet blankets. 

I was hoping, at least at the start they were going to give Rojas something to do but alas, barely two minutes in it becomes all about Upton....Again.

Voight needs to stop enabling Upton and trying to make her a replacement for Lindsay and put her back in her place. She just walks all over him, he's gone soft.

• Love 4

I see Hailey is now baby Voight in training.

For me, the difference between Hailey and the rest of the crooked one's in the unit is, she usually won't react in the heat of the moment.   She's more a conniver.  And I don't say that as a bad thing, I find it to be an interesting character beat.

When Voight is crossed, he takes it personal and when he gets even, he tends to be up close and personal.   When she's out to get even, Upton tends to weaponize the rules (and she's good at it).  Darius had managed to get over on Voight, The Police were going to let him swan out of things (after dropping how many bodies???) and Upton could not eat that with a knife and fork.  I really like what they've done with Upton's character.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Advance35 said:

For me, the difference between Hailey and the rest of the crooked one's in the unit is, she usually won't react in the heat of the moment.   She's more a conniver.  And I don't say that as a bad thing, I find it to be an interesting character beat.

When Voight is crossed, he takes it personal and when he gets even, he tends to be up close and personal.   When she's out to get even, Upton tends to weaponize the rules (and she's good at it).  Darius had managed to get over on Voight, The Police were going to let him swan out of things (after dropping how many bodies???) and Upton could not eat that with a knife and fork.  I really like what they've done with Upton's character.

She’s definitely good at throwing rocks and hiding her hands.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

So Hayley is the female Voight now, what a vile bitch! I cannot stand her ass.. Everybody is just terrible on this show.  

And as an actress she sucks. She talks so damn fast and mumbly I don't get what she's saying.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Advance35 said:

She's methodical and calculating.  I actually like it.  And I didn't feel sorry for Darius Walker, he had been getting away with literal murder.   When motivated, Hayley is willing to sink pretty low to see a score settled.   I like her as a grey character.

She comes off as a sociopath. She took a bit pleasure in what she did, she was smug superior and full of self-satisfaction. Her saying that she will suppress her conscious and moral compass to do what she feels is right was chilling.  Voight was worried in that last shot of them at that bar.  I remember her lecturing other people about their conduct with suspects, girl bye!

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

So Hayley is the female Voight now, what a vile bitch! I cannot stand her ass.. Everybody is just terrible on this show.  

I fully noticed yesterday that she gets this smug superior "I'm Untouchable" look on her face at times. She did talking to the thugs she sicced on Darius and at the end with Voight. Even told my Pops and he agreed. It turned me off 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

She comes off as a sociopath. She took a bit pleasure in what she did, she was smug superior and full of self-satisfaction. Her saying that she will suppress her conscious and moral compass to do what she feels is right was chilling.  Voight was worried in that last shot of them at that bar.  I remember her lecturing other people about their conduct with suspects, girl bye!

I swear I get more of a 'Dexter' like stalker/sociopath vibe off her than anything else. Halstead better sleep with one eye open.

• Love 4

What was the meaning of the 8 ball in Walker's mouth?  Aside from the cliche "behind the 8 ball"?  

I don't mind Hailey doing what she did.  Walker was a slime ball.  If he's burned and not going to be of any good, then what good was he?  Only question is why he didn't prepare for an attack and have his guys protecting him.

So Upton is the New Al (the person willing to be old school and take care of business) and Halstead is the New Antonio (the person who will push back at Voight about doing the right thing)? It feels like they're trying to refill those roles which, ot be fair, were kinda important to the dynamic.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

So Upton is the New Al (the person willing to be old school and take care of business) and Halstead is the New Antonio (the person who will push back at Voight about doing the right thing)? It feels like they're trying to refill those roles which, ot be fair, were kinda important to the dynamic.

Until next week when she is back being sanctimonious, judgemental and narking on anyone else for smiling at a criminal the wrong way. Halstead is like a toothless tiger tbh.

They should have just kept one or both of them(Al & Antonio). They were filling those roles just fine...these two are so bland it's not funny.

Edited by Guildford
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Guildford said:

They should have just kept one or both of them(Al & Antonio). They were filling those roles just fine...these two are so bland it's not funny.

Agreed. There was zero need to lose Antonio and Al except for the fact that they seem to prefer a Greys Anatomy bed hopping/shipping atmosphere to what the show was originally. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Agreed. There was zero need to lose Antonio and Al except for the fact that they seem to prefer a Greys Anatomy bed hopping/shipping atmosphere to what the show was originally. 

Exactly, the only positive thing about Al's death was seeing his wife blast Voight and telling him that he was responsible for his death and she did not allow him at his funeral.  He had to watch from the sidelines like a nobody. It was the first time that a person stood up to him and he could not bully silence or control Al's widow to do what he wanted to do. I took immense pleasure in that.. I do miss Al and Antonio. It is too bad Antonio was ruined, it was so unnecessary.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
On 1/22/2020 at 10:58 PM, Pearson80 said:

But if the actress is staying on the show, she'll never have to face up to any of it...unlike Erin, who did one thing and immediately got put on probation...

On 1/25/2020 at 7:49 AM, greyhorse said:

What was the meaning of the 8 ball in Walker's mouth?  Aside from the cliche "behind the 8 ball"?  

I actually Googled it just now - apparently the 8 ball in and of itself is a known drug symbol (usually for cocaine). Also got some stuff about how it can sometimes be a derogatory symbol for a black person.