Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E01: Rep Your Region

• Start Topic

Being from Colorado, I kinda felt bad for the two contestants who had to do Colorado tattoos.  How “tricked out” can you make a square look? 😂. Got a good laugh at the one who did the blue horse (Blucifer if you’re from here!). Instantly recognizable!!

• Love 8
6 hours ago, boochay8888 said:

Being from Colorado, I kinda felt bad for the two contestants who had to do Colorado tattoos.  How “tricked out” can you make a square look? 😂. Got a good laugh at the one who did the blue horse (Blucifer if you’re from here!). Instantly recognizable!!

If they knew of the infamous f'ed up Blucifer they would have realized that was a dynamite tattoo! 

I was kind of amazed that apparently none of the judges have ever been outside of DIA.  I would think that Dave, at least, has been through there multiple times as a touring musician.  I guess they also don't recognize that there are a lot of aspen leaves there, too.  They even named a town after them!

I always think of Colorado as the wild West so I was a bit puzzled that they were designated as midwest, but I guess you have to draw the line somewhere.

I was hoping beyond hope that jackass Jason would be handed his walking papers, but he's enough of a shit stirrer that of course they wouldn't let him go yet.

Is Frank the other returnee?  I think I might kind of recognize him, but nothing about him springs to mind.  But none of the other Midwests are remotely familiar.

• Love 3

Would have been great to see Jason go. I wish when they gave Angel the win, she'd said "Thanks, I just didn't want to do some mid-level tattoo" and then repeated it when the 12th pick got in too.... "Shouldn't have started off with some mid tattoo".

Also, interesting that no one has a dumb name this year. Or at least the show isn't using them any more. I'm not having to watch a Skullman or Dirty Boot Six or Demon Bill or anything. I mean, I respect his talent, but I felt like an idiot half the time I had to type out stuff like "That drawing looked really good that Sausage did."

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I  know TPTB think a-holes make good tv, but can’t we just get some good tattooing? Please? I was begging Oliver to vote Jason.

Idaho isn’t “midwest” any more than Colorado is. I loved that tattoo. Other standouts for me were Oregon and Jimmy’s MA tattoo just because I liked the historical reference with the ship. I really liked that Oklahoma one, too: glad it (and the artist) got through.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Keekski said:

Jason is giant dick. I never saw his previous season, but holy douchebag. 

And he's the worst kind... the one that KNOWS he's a douche and intentionally seeks out more and more ways to show it, like it's an admirable trait everyone should acknowledge.

When they said "there is a returning artist on each team" I said "There is??"

Oh, and there were tattoos.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 5
On 1/9/2020 at 3:12 PM, Charlesman said:

Also, interesting that no one has a dumb name this year.

Money Mike and Emac don't count as dumb names?

On 1/9/2020 at 9:58 AM, Sile said:

I was hoping beyond hope that jackass Jason would be handed his walking papers, but he's enough of a shit stirrer that of course they wouldn't let him go yet.

I massively disagreed with the bottom 2.  To me the bottom 2 should have been the guy who did the shield with the arrows that didn't line up and the girl who did the fist with the writing above it.  Solely on the point that they were too simple, they had six hours and did tattoos that would have taken 1 to 2 hours. 

• Love 4

So the "midwest" team is Oklahoma, Idaho, Illinois, and Colorado x2....

Jason is annoying. Which is odd, cuz he absolutely wasn't THIS annoying last time. I'm starting not to feel bad that he got absolutely robbed when the judges sent Roly T Rex and his atrocious shark to the finals instead of him. 

Glad Angel did well, I always remember her being pleasant. 

Hiram on West seems like he's gonna be a threat. 

Rip Oliver 

On 1/11/2020 at 1:51 AM, dstann said:

I massively disagreed with the bottom 2.  To me the bottom 2 should have been the guy who did the shield with the arrows that didn't line up and the girl who did the fist with the writing above it.  Solely on the point that they were too simple, they had six hours and did tattoos that would have taken 1 to 2 hours. 

I agree.  To me, the raided fist was more political then patriotic.

• Love 2

Finally got a chance to watch.  Will be fast forwarding through Jason's BS from now on.  I  hate that garbage, although I did enjoy the other contestants' glee at watching him get called out for his terrible tattoos.  We do not need these types of characters on the show.  While the losing tattoo had problems, I liked Nychelle so much better.  I do want them to judge on tattoos - technical application and artistry.  However, if we could skip the asshole personalities that are supposed to get us more interested, that would be a major plus.  

The problem is there is more chatter about the divisive personalities online so TPTB see it as what brings interest to shows.  They need to find a way to figure out how many viewers are lost because of this type of focus in the show. 

There were some very good tattoos this episode.  Looks like there are some very talented tattooists this season.  There also seems to be a fairly big divide between the good and the not-so-good.  May be first episode jitters.  I am interested to see how this shakes out.  

• Love 1

Finally catching up on both episodes. I remembered liking Jason in his previous season - what the hell happened? Frank I remember loving, so I'm glad he's here and hopefully doesn't do anything to change my opinion of him.

I thought for sure no one would end up going home after that one guy quit. I guess that means at some point this season, we'll have a non-elimination episode.

• Love 1

Why did you say RIP Oliver?

Oops, never mind.  I just read the article.

Honestly, we all made horrible mistakes many years ago in things we did or said when we were younger, less aware and a lot more stupid.  When has Oliver ever tried to be correct?  On this kind of show where almost everyone on the cast has been dreadful at one point or the other I think firing Oliver is overkill.

Edited by RoxiP
On 1/16/2020 at 9:37 AM, RoxiP said:

Why did you say RIP Oliver?

Oops, never mind.  I just read the article.

Honestly, we all made horrible mistakes many years ago in things we did or said when we were younger, less aware and a lot more stupid.  When has Oliver ever tried to be correct?  On this kind of show where almost everyone on the cast has been dreadful at one point or the other I think firing Oliver is overkill.

I have already made my views clear, but go read the link on the first page of the media thread. This is apparently not a one-time thing and it's not just something of the past. Multiple people who have worked on the show have backed it up as ongoing. Good riddance to bad rubbish. They have known about this for a long time, so production is complicit. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 1:10 PM, azshadowwalker said:

I have already made my views clear, but go read the link on the first page of the media thread. This is apparently not a one-time thing and it's not just something of the past. Multiple people who have worked on the show have backed it up as ongoing. Good riddance to bad rubbish. They have known about this for a long time, so production is complicit. 

I knew he had issues with women but this was the first I have heard of the racist issues...I figured if they kept him in the past they must have had a reason...oh well, I'm sure they will find another qualified judge and I too would like to see a woman.  I loved the woman with green hair who they all revered (of course I can't remember her name), and then of course Ryan is always a good choice.

• Love 1

Finally getting to start this season. My husband and I lived in Denver for 8 years and thought the DIA horse was brilliant. The judges dismissing it as "a horse" clearly have never seen it. (Also agree that the Midwest had to have some sort of cutoff, but we were joking the whole time that the Colorado folks were probably mighty confused and must have kept wandering into the West group by accident.)

Jason is so tiresome. And his "strategy" to do a middle-of-the-pack tattoo sure made him look dumb since he couldn't even manage middle of the pack.

• Love 2
On 1/11/2020 at 1:51 AM, dstann said:

Good God yes.  Both of those were atrocious and beginner-ish.

I have no idea what they saw in either one.  I smell a fix.