Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saoirse

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Recommended Posts


Let me start by saying that I am primarily a fan of the original trilogy. I saw ANH when I was 9 and my main investment is in those characters. Anything else I have had difficulty caring about, though I have given it an honest try.

The Mandalorian is the exception.  When I finished the season, I told friends I felt like I just watched my 4th favorite SW movie. And it has whetted my appetite for all things SW. I'm glad to see this new post on this subject here. Most other forums are already inhabited by super-fans that can be intimidating to the mostly occasional poster such as myself.

I'll shortly be watching the animated series'. But started with a re-watch of the prequels to see if I feel any differently about them.

So far almost through The Phantom Menace. Observations:

1) I still am confused at the entire thing, particularly how a trade embargo of one little planet is such a big deal and sets off such a huge political mess.

2) I find JarJar Binks even more irritating than I remembered. I hadn't remembered him being in so much of the film. Maybe I blocked it out of my memory in an attempt at self-care.

3) Jake Lloyd is worse than I remembered.

4) The Midichlorians thing - Why??!??! Just why??!??!

5) "Queen Amidala's" costume changes from one scene to the next - I thought after seeing the costumes up close at a museum exhibition last year, I'd be more impressed. Yes, they are works of art. But the constant change of costume in EVERY SCENE is now striking me as absurd and unnecessary costuming extravagance. 

6) For lack of much good to say, the pod race was pretty good. And I much approve of both Qui Gon Jinn's character and Ewan McGregor as a young Obi Wan.

Returning to finish this post now that I've finished watching.

I've got nothing. It was so much more boring than I remembered.

Edited by FierceCritter
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm star wars obsessed at the moment what with the mandelorian and the rise of Skywalker so I decided I'd start watching the clone wars to try and find out more about the dark saber and also to get my fix. I guess my question for those more knowledgeable is, I assume this show takes place between attack of the clones and revenge of the sith? When you watch the movies there doesn't seem like that much time between episodes 2 and 3 but a whole war happens? 

Something I noticed so far about the storm troopers in the clone wars as well as Finn in the newer movies - their aim is not bad at all. Did the Jedi put some kind of curse on them that they can't hit anything if they're bad? Lmao if I'm right. Haha

Edited by Samwise979
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I too grew up with the original trilogy and LOVED it!  Saw the prequels and didn't like them very much. I liked The Force Awakens, perhaps more than most people, and was disillusioned with The Last Jedi.  Have not seen Rise of Skywalker because I did not enjoy Last Jedi.  I saw Rogue One and found it serviceable, though my opinion seems to be in the minority. None of the characters in that movie IMO were memorable and the best scene in that whole movie was Darth Vader showing everyone who is boss, and of course, for me, seeing Princess Leia (albeit CGI Leia). Rogue One came out after Carrie Fisher died.  As a girl who grew up in the 80's and 90's, Princess Leia was my all-time favorite heroine.

I had no plans to see The Mandalorian until my brother encouraged me to do so. His thoughts on the whole Stars Wars franchise mirrors mine, and he said The Mandalorian was like "the old Star Wars." I watched it after the first 4 episodes had already streamed, and I quickly binged watch it. He was right! The Mandalorian reminded me of why I love the original Star Wars.  And since I've became a fan of Mandalorian, I started to watch Star Wars Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels and Star Wars Resistance (this one feels like a kiddie-cartoon and I'm not feeling it, but I will try to finish the first season). I have not seen Solo and I don't know if I will. I've heard it was trash and also heard it was a lot of fun, LOL!

I also went back and watched Attack of the Clones (which I consider the worst Star Wars movie ever) and Revenge of the SithSith still holds up well considering the issues I have with the script, and oddly, Attack of the Clones was a wee bit better than I remembered, though it was not a good movie. I have tried to watch Phantom Menace but I can't stomach Jar Jar.  Lord have mercy. Maybe he won't bug me anymore this time around 🙂

 

5 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

I'm star wars obsessed at the moment what with the mandelorian and the rise of Skywalker so I decided I'd start watching the clone wars to try and find out more about the dark saber and also to get my fix. I guess my question for those more knowledgeable is, I assume this show takes place between attack of the clones and revenge of the sith? When you watch the movies there doesn't seem like that much time between episodes 2 and 3 but a whole war happens? 

Star Wars Clone Wars takes place after Attack of the Clones and before Revenge of the Sith. I had to google how long the Clone Wars lasted, and internet said 3 years.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/31/2019 at 12:15 PM, FierceCritter said:

Jake Lloyd is worse than I remembered.

I watched episode one recently with my daughter and maybe it is because I am a parent now because while Jake Lloyd is really not good I feel really bad for him. He seems super awkward on screen every time he delivers a line. If anyone could have benefitted from a director who could offer some actual direction and coach about what actors are supposed to do, it is a kid with hardly any acting experience forced to deliver lines about a complicated plot in front of a green screen. For some of his lines I really wondered if that was the best take, how much worse were the other attempts.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/3/2020 at 9:29 PM, Darlin said:

IStar Wars Clone Wars takes place after Attack of the Clones and before Revenge of the Sith. I had to google how long the Clone Wars lasted, and internet said 3 years.

image.png.7b9a16302eba010f473cdd87e77786c1.png

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, paigow said:

image.png.7b9a16302eba010f473cdd87e77786c1.png

Interesting. I never watched the CG clone wars series, but I did watch the Genndy Tartakovsky, which I thought was awesome. Can anyone explain to me how that show went from pretty much a direct prequel to episode 3 to something that is kind of forgotten and no longer part of the SW official universe?

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Interesting. I never watched the CG clone wars series, but I did watch the Genndy Tartakovsky, which I thought was awesome. Can anyone explain to me how that show went from pretty much a direct prequel to episode 3 to something that is kind of forgotten and no longer part of the SW official universe?

I dunno. Having watched both, I much prefer the Tartakovsky version. Oh, and I read somewhere that Filoni was going to redo the last arc, the Battle of Coruscant and kidnap of Palpatine. The way he turned the Kit Fisto eps into the story arc with the shark people.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Anduin said:

I dunno. Having watched both, I much prefer the Tartakovsky version. Oh, and I read somewhere that Filoni was going to redo the last arc, the Battle of Coruscant and kidnap of Palpatine. The way he turned the Kit Fisto eps into the story arc with the shark people.

I remember watching it back in the day on dvd back when Canada had its own mail order dvd service like what Netflix started as. It was a lot of fun especially compared to the prequel movies. It helps that Tartakovsky is an awesome animator (those Hotel Transylvania movies are way better than they have any right to be). Plus I remember from watching the behind the scenes stuff how Lucas was really involved with the show. Weird how it doesn't really count anymore. Especially since it would be cool to see Tartakovsky do other SW stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

...while Jake Lloyd is really not good I feel really bad for him. He seems super awkward on screen every time he delivers a line. If anyone could have benefitted from a director who could offer some actual direction and coach about what actors are supposed to do, it is a kid with hardly any acting experience forced to deliver lines about a complicated plot in front of a green screen. For some of his lines I really wondered if that was the best take, how much worse were the other attempts.

Very good observations. And I agree - i felt pity toward him. He had so much heaped on him playing that character, more than I think he even realized.

The scene where the Jedi Council are all basically saying no go toward Anakin going through Jedi training - I could just hear the director telling him, "Ok, now, after so-and-so says the line about you not being allowed to train, you need to put on a really grumpy face. Aaaaand - Action." I wonder if they even gave him coaching like, "Think about a time when someone said something mean about your mom, or beat up on your friend."

Edited by FierceCritter
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/3/2020 at 9:29 PM, Darlin said:

I saw Rogue One and found it serviceable, though my opinion seems to be in the minority. None of the characters in that movie IMO were memorable and the best scene in that whole movie was Darth Vader showing everyone who is boss, and of course, for me, seeing Princess Leia (albeit CGI Leia).

I have not seen Solo and I don't know if I will. I've heard it was trash and also heard it was a lot of fun, LOL!

 

Rogue One is my second favorite of the series, surprisingly, but I think the re-write / re-shoot portions of the movie hurt it pretty badly. It got a lot of flak from the studio for being 'too dark,' so several things were changed. In typical Uncle Juice fashion, I don't come with only complaints, I come with solutions!

  • Eliminate the meeting between Krennic and Vader. There is literally no reason for this meeting, Vader makes a bad joke, Krennic looks like an idiot (he does this PLENTY without this scene), and most importantly, no one needs a reminder of Vader at all. Imagine that scene at the end if that's the first time you see Vader since Revenge of the Sith when he was acting like a bitch: the lights out, panicking rebels pointing blasters into the darkness, and then you hear the breath. Then the red lightsaber, his form bathed in the red glow, then carnage. To me, better use of the character.
  • Make Saw less of a goof, and get rid of his brain monster. Instead you have him come off as reasonable and interested in Bodi's information, but clearly he's a zealot of course. You could have him sit with Bodi and a cadre of his freedom fighters and have a very reasonable conversation: "You're going to tell me you're telling the truth. I want so badly to believe you, there's so much at stake. I want to, I do. But have can I KNOW? Listen, this isn't something I WANT to do. But you understand, right? If you were me, you would have to KNOW, otherwise, you might be setting us up on behalf of your old handlers. Right?" (Bodi, nervous): "I promise you, I'm telling you the truth, I have a message from Galen Erso, the superweapon, it's got a weakness! And it's almost ready!" (Saw) "That's why we have to be sure." Saw's guys pick up Bodi by the arms and torture him (unseen). When we see them next, Saw's apologizing to Bodi, who is exhausted and hurt, but they know he's not lying.
  • Jyn should have been a rebel prisoner, captured by the rebels, then identified as the daughter of an Imperial officer. They offer her a deal at redemption, and since she hates that her dad abandoned her (she thinks, you'd have to rework the first ten minutes of the movie only slightly), she takes it. This would have avoided the whole break her out of that transport thing, and reduced the real problem with the movie, that it bounces from world to world to world way too quickly. 
  • Krennic is definitely a big topic in my unwritten Star Wars / Working for the Empire comedy. He's basically Michael Scott. Not related to Rogue one, just wanted to say that :).

And give SOlo a chance. It got a lot of bad press it didn't rightly deserve, but it's not terrible. It's got some moments that are a little headscratching, but it's fun. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

On 12/31/2019 at 11:15 AM, FierceCritter said:

3) Jake Lloyd is worse than I remembered.
 

Every time I watch The Phantom Menace I think that he can't be as bad as I remembered but every time it truly is. Out of all child actors available they chose him. Poor kid.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Every time I watch The Phantom Menace I think that he can't be as bad as I remembered but every time it truly is. Out of all child actors available they chose him. Poor kid.

I feel the same way, like I hate to bag on a nine year old, because it's not his fault they chose a kid who was entirely out of his depth (didn't Haley Joel Osment try out for this role?). 

"I see your laser sword."

"Are you an angel?"

or my favorite:

"Mom, you always say the problem in this galaxy is no one helps each other!" Good grief, you can't really lay that one on the kid, I mean not only did someone write that line, but it made it through MULTIPLE drafts in that form! Terrible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I feel the same way, like I hate to bag on a nine year old, because it's not his fault they chose a kid who was entirely out of his depth (didn't Haley Joel Osment try out for this role?). 

"I see your laser sword."

"Are you an angel?"

or my favorite:

"Mom, you always say the problem in this galaxy is no one helps each other!" Good grief, you can't really lay that one on the kid, I mean not only did someone write that line, but it made it through MULTIPLE drafts in that form! Terrible.

When you consider the number of accomplished and award winning actors who had difficulty with those movies, between the bad dialog, the amount of green screen and the fact that Lucas seems to be pretty hands off with providing actual direction it is no surprise a kid had so much trouble. Especially when you consider how much emotional shit that his character had to deal with (being a slave, being taken from his mother, being told by a puppet he can't be a Jedi and then taken to a warzone where his guardian is killed) it is kind of not surprising that the kid can't actually show the emotions he should if he wasn't getting any direction. Because each time he is on screen he just seems uncomfortable and awkward.

Share this post


Link to post

I'll have to watch phantom menace again to see what you all are taking about. I don't think I've seen the movie since it was released in theatre. 

Thank you @paigow for the timeline chart!

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/3/2020 at 9:29 PM, Darlin said:

I have not seen Solo and I don't know if I will. I've heard it was trash and also heard it was a lot of fun, LOL!

The fun parts are less Solo and more Woody......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Regarding Jake Lloyd, I thought he was a better actor in The Phantom Menace than Hayden Christianson was in The Clone Wars.

Share this post


Link to post

22 hours ago, paigow said:

The fun parts are less Solo and more Woody......

Do you find Solo as a movie so far from being a really GOOD entry? It's one of those movies I feel like tried to please too many people. I hated the origin of him on Corellia working for a giant worm basically as one of a group of street hustlers like space Oliver Twist. I hated how he ended up in the Imperial Navy and had his name (even though later he mentions his dad??) given to him. Also hated the change of the Chewie backstory (why did he not just get executed?). But once you're past that first half hour, I liked the heisty elements with the train, I liked the idea of him getting on the wrong side of organized crime, I wished there was more Lando, and I liked the Kessel stuff all the way up until there was a giant monster in space. I loved the Woody stuff too, I thought he was a worthy addition to the SW universe. 

Maybe I'm soft on it because like almost every kid born between 1973 and 1980, I so badly wished I was as cool as Han and I really wanted to like his movie. I just feel like it's a couple of minor tweaks away from being super solid. More tweaks required than Rogue 1 (which to me is really close to being a GREAT movie), less tweaks required than Last Jedi or Rise of Skywalker. TO me the prequel trilogy cannot be fixed by tweaks, they require total overhaul. I ask you because we've had similar Thrones discussions. 

12 hours ago, DesiJF said:

Regarding Jake Lloyd, I thought he was a better actor in The Phantom Menace than Hayden Christianson was in The Clone Wars.

Talk about damning with faint praise!

 

Share this post


Link to post

I never watched any animated series, so Darth Maul alive enraged me as total BS. However, learning that his survival was legitimate canon, Solo 2 would be interesting. Just need to recast the lead character......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Well I LOVED the Solo movie.  I think it needed a subtitle: A Boy and His Wookie.  To me the meet-cute (not literally) of Han/Chewie was awesome.  And I thought the actor did exceptionally well.  I went in prepared to dislike ANYONE who dared to play a young Harrison Ford.  But I was sold.  The attitude, the genuine feelings underneath, the fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants decision making.  I could see the direct line between Solo and A New Hope in terms of Han's character.  

Spoiler-free (mostly) highlights:
- Chewie shower scene
- Everything Woody
- Lando
- Lando's cape collection
- The heist
- L3-37 -- I'm in LOVE WITH THAT DROID. Fight me.
- Kessel Run

Not so much (spoiler free):
- The people in masks

I want to see more Solo.  And I want that actor (Alden Ehrenreich) in the lead role again and Donald Glover back as Lando.

I honestly don't get why it was internet-trashed except that people were pissed at The Last Jedi. Which is honestly a bad reason to not see a movie IMO.  

Note: if you see it, see it in High Def if you can.  The graphics are gorgeous. 

The trailer for those who never saw it:

 

Edited by SueB
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SueB said:

I want to see more Solo.  And I want that actor (Alden Ehrenreich) in the lead role again and Donald Glover back as Lando.

 

 

When we first see Han, is he supposed to be a teenager? Or is this Corellia 90210? Not here to argue about acting talent,,,dude is just not right for the role.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, paigow said:

When we first see Han, is he supposed to be a teenager? Or is this Corellia 90210? Not here to argue about acting talent,,,dude is just not right for the role.

YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary)

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/8/2020 at 8:56 AM, Samwise979 said:

I'll have to watch phantom menace again to see what you all are taking about. I don't think I've seen the movie since it was released in theatre. 

Thank you @paigow for the timeline chart!

Ok so I watched phantom menace again. I gotta say Jake Lloyd is the least of that movie's problems!

Jar Jar Binks and his whole species is worse than I remembered. Natalie Portman is especially wooden. Ewan and Liam not much better. All three are great actors so I blame the director. 

Share this post


Link to post

So after today’s episode and it being confirmed that Din was most likely raised 

Spoiler

in an offshoot of Death Watch or even Death Watch itself

I figured here would be a better spot to speculate who The Armorer is. Do you think she’s someone we’ve already seen before in Clone Wars or even Rebels? Do you think that the other Mandos we saw in season one were from Clans we know about?

*spoiler is for today’s season two episode three just in case you haven’t watched yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/5/2020 at 1:27 PM, paigow said:

image.png.7b9a16302eba010f473cdd87e77786c1.png

Thank you for this - it’s what I came here looking for.  I’ve only watched five of the existing movies, and none of the animated series, but after today’s episode I’m interested in catching up on the backstory/history here.  But I wasn’t sure of where everything fit in sequence.  This was very helpful.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/5/2020 at 12:27 PM, paigow said:

image.png.7b9a16302eba010f473cdd87e77786c1.png

I was just wondering when the Obi Wan series was going to be set. Perfect timing for this to be bumped up. 

 

2 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Thank you for this - it’s what I came here looking for.  I’ve only watched five of the existing movies, and none of the animated series, but after today’s episode I’m interested in catching up on the backstory/history here.  But I wasn’t sure of where everything fit in sequence.  This was very helpful.

Just so you know Clone Wars did not air in chronological order. I was completely confused when a dead character suddenly reappeared for a few episodes. You can watch as it aired or in chronological order.

Edited by Dani
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Dani said:

Just so you know Clone Wars did not air in chronological order. I was completely confused when in a dead character suddenly reappeared for a few episodes. You can watch as it aired or in chronological order.

Oh that is good to know - thank you!  I would much prefer watching in chronological order.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Not according to Rebels. Rex says that the clones were retired by the Emperor and talks about working for the Empire after the clone wars. All three who appeared in Rebels were part of the Imperial Army.

I don't remember the others but Feloni showed us Rex at the end of the Clone Wars, he wasn't in the Empire. Now, it may be a retcon (of Rebels) but, S7 of Clone Wars showed us Rex and Ahsoka faking their deaths. Feloni did Retcon the whole removing their chips aspect. In Rebels they say they removed them and didn't turn on the Jedi. In Clone Wars Finale we see that Rex tried to fight it but, ended up following Order 66. In the end Ahsoka stops him and removes the chip.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't remember the others but Feloni showed us Rex at the end of the Clone Wars, he wasn't in the Empire. Now, it may be a retcon (of Rebels) but, S7 of Clone Wars showed us Rex and Ahsoka faking their deaths. Feloni did Retcon the whole removing their chips aspect. In Rebels they say they removed them and didn't turn on the Jedi. In Clone Wars Finale we see that Rex tried to fight it but, ended up following Order 66. In the end Ahsoka stops him and removes the chip.

I’ve seen Clone Wars I don’t think it is a retcon. Rebels happens 14 years after the CW finale. It just means that at some point Rex worked for the Empire. That could just mean that he went back to try and help his brothers. Regardless, Star Wars canon clearly shows that the clones were decommissioned within a few years of Order 66.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

16 minutes ago, Dani said:

I’ve seen Clone Wars I don’t think it is a retcon. Rebels happens 14 years after the CW finale. It just means that at some point Rex worked for the Empire. That could just mean that he went back to try and help his brothers. Regardless, Star Wars canon clearly shows that the clones were decommissioned within a few years of Order 66.

Do you remember what episode Rex talks about it? I've been watching Rex clips on YouTube and, I can't find it. 

In other news, I forgot how good Rebels was, especially after S1. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Do you remember what episode Rex talks about it? I've been watching Rex clips on YouTube and, I can't find it. 

In other news, I forgot how good Rebels was, especially after S1. 

The scenes I am thinking of were in The Lost Commanders and Stealth Strike. Here’s the scene when Rex says they were retired.

 

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks. I've been watching a ton of Rex clips and didn't see this one. I totally didn't remember that whole retirement thing. It now has me questioning the S7 finale of Clone Wars. Darn it, Feloni is usually really good at continuity.

Share this post


Link to post

Rex and his desert buddies were nominally part of the Empire when the Rebels crew finds them. They still had valid communication codes, but were regarded as crazy burnout cases calling for no reason.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/12/2020 at 6:37 PM, Dani said:

I’ve seen Clone Wars I don’t think it is a retcon. Rebels happens 14 years after the CW finale. It just means that at some point Rex worked for the Empire. That could just mean that he went back to try and help his brothers. Regardless, Star Wars canon clearly shows that the clones were decommissioned within a few years of Order 66.

We don’t know how Wolfe or Gregor had their chips removed, so maybe Rex succeeded in saving two of his brothers.

In another episode, Rex said he kept some information from the Empire, so aside from Operation: Brother Rescue, he may have returned to try to minimize Empire damage. Let a prisoner escape here. Misplace some equipment there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/12/2020 at 6:25 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

Now, it may be a retcon (of Rebels) but, S7 of Clone Wars showed us Rex and Ahsoka faking their deaths.

I just finished a re-watch of Clone Wars and am confused that it is seen as Rex and Ashoka faking their deaths. It’s the most common interpretation of the ending but I don’t understand how that works. They buried the clones with helmet grave markers. If they were trying to fake their own deaths why would they leave obvious evidence someone survived? Did someone involved say they faked their deaths?

Share this post


Link to post

I kind of thought they made it look like Rex killed Ahsoka, then buried his brothers. They showed Vader finding her light saber and he figured she was dead because he probably assumed she wouldn't willingly leave her weapon behind. 

In Rebels he thought she was dead until he sensed her presence when he attacked the Ghost crew. And the Empire was aware of Rex, Greggor and Wolfe. So they knew Rex lived. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I kind of thought they made it look like Rex killed Ahsoka, then buried his brothers. They showed Vader finding her light saber and he figured she was dead because he probably assumed she wouldn't willingly leave her weapon behind. 

In Rebels he thought she was dead until he sensed her presence when he attacked the Ghost crew. And the Empire was aware of Rex, Greggor and Wolfe. So they knew Rex lived. 

That’s the same way I interpreted it. The other interpretation is so prevalent I was wondering if I missed something. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Dani said:

That’s the same way I interpreted it. The other interpretation is so prevalent I was wondering if I missed something. 

I only watched it once and to be honest I was on an emotional roller coaster...especially with the Vader ending. The way I remember it (doesn't mean I remember it right) Ahsoka left her lightsabers (the ones Anakin kept, waitjng for her return 😭) and Rex's helmet was left behind. Thinking back now, it doesn't make sense for them both to have faked their deaths since someone had to create the clone graveyard. However, if I had to pick one, I would say it actually makes more sense that Rex's death was faked and Ahsoka just left it all behind. Sounds like it was the other way round?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I only watched it once and to be honest I was on an emotional roller coaster...especially with the Vader ending. The way I remember it (doesn't mean I remember it right) Ahsoka left her lightsabers (the ones Anakin kept, waitjng for her return 😭) and Rex's helmet was left behind. Thinking back now, it doesn't make sense for them both to have faked their deaths since someone had to create the clone graveyard. However, if I had to pick one, I would say it actually makes more sense that Rex's death was faked and Ahsoka just left it all behind. Sounds like it was the other way round?

After rewatching I’m really not sure what was intended. Vader shows up when their is snow covering most to the graveyard and he finds one lightsaber and one helmet. But it’s not the blue helmet Rex was wearing throughout. It was one of the orange Ahsoka helmets. Now I’m wondering if no one intentionally faked their death and they were both shown as reminders of Ahsoka for Vader. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Vader thought she was dead in Rebels though and the Empire knew Rex was alive. That's what made me go with Rex fake killed Ahsoka. 

Yeah, I agree. Rex returning and explaining what happened makes the most sense. I meant that the final scene was more about Vader standing alone with two symbols of Ahsoka than being an indicator of her and Rex’s fate. 

Share this post


Link to post

You're going to make me watch Rebels again, aren't you? 😂

I remember the fight in the Sith Temple and Vader saying "it was foretold you would be here" (such a great line).  I also remember Ahsoka having Force visions of Anakin at some point but, I don't remember what happened in them.  What am I missing/forgetting about Vader thinking she was dead?

Edited by Morrigan2575

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

You're going to make me watch Rebels again, aren't you? 😂

I remember the fight in the Sith Temple and Vader saying "it was foretold you would be here" (such a great line).  I also remember Ahsoka having Force visions of Anakin at some point but, I don't remember what happened in them.  What am I missing/forgetting about Vader thinking she was dead?

Torture, isn’t it. 🤣 Rebels is next on list after I finish Solo. This is the scene is was thinking of. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, paigow said:

If Patty Jenkins directs her Star Wars project like WW84, it will suck.

If they have a good writer it should be fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/13/2020 at 4:11 PM, Starfish35 said:

Thank you for this - it’s what I came here looking for.  I’ve only watched five of the existing movies, and none of the animated series, but after today’s episode I’m interested in catching up on the backstory/history here.  But I wasn’t sure of where everything fit in sequence.  This was very helpful.

So since we’ve apparently got at least a year before any new Mandalorian content, I’m beginning the catch-up on my Star Wars viewing, starting with the prequels, which I have never watched before.  I’ve only seen the original trilogy, The Force Awakens, and Rogue One, so this will be an adventure. 😄 I’m primarily interested in getting to Clone Wars/Rebels, but I understand that I need to watch the first two prequels before Clone Wars.  Soooooo.....here we go! 😳😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size