Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: What Are Friends For?

Door County Cherry
  • Start Topic

I want to feel sorry for Love but you were warned by Joe himself that this relationship was not a good idea.  Red flag.   Red Flag.    And Now not only are you in a relationship with him but your brother is as well.  

But at least the sex is hot.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 7

Love's flaring nostrils.  Ahhhhhhhh.  I'm sorry but I dislike the actor as much as I disliked Beck.  They're both so ahhhhhhhhhhh aggravatingly unlikeable to me.  

The show is still as addictive as ever.  I can't stop watching.

I hate that there's a 15 year old girl being sexualized on this show - full face of makeup, skimpy clothing, etc.  I get that's how 15 year old girls ARE it's just not the show I want to watch, I guess.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Love's flaring nostrils.  Ahhhhhhhh.  I'm sorry but I dislike the actor as much as I disliked Beck.  They're both so ahhhhhhhhhhh aggravatingly unlikeable to m

I thought it was just me! Scooch over. 

• LOL 4

28 minutes ago, Jade Foxx said:

Love's flaring nostrils.  Ahhhhhhhh.  I'm sorry but I dislike the actor as much as I disliked Beck.  They're both so ahhhhhhhhhhh aggravatingly unlikeable to m

27 minutes ago, Jade Foxx said:

I thought it was just me! Scooch over. 

Me too. It's so distracting. I find myself just looking at her nose when she is on screen.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I'm calling it right now: Love is as crazy as Joe. The sex scene was a red flag.

This episode has me convinced that the show is actually going to pull a switch and make Love even worse and more psycho then Joe is.   There is a reason the show has so far gone out of its way to red flag Joe.   Even Beck wasn’t  THAT blind but my guess is we will find Love with her own crazy little voice that has her stalking Joe as he is stalking her.   

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

This episode has me convinced that the show is actually going to pull a switch and make Love even worse and more psycho then Joe is.   There is a reason the show has so far gone out of its way to ref flag Joe.   Even Beck was THAT blind but my guess is we will find Love with her own crazy little voice that has her stalking Joe as he is stalking her.   

↑ THIS ↑

Also, I was thinking there could be something with her and her brother (incest?). That relationship seems OFF. Perhaps the brother had something to do with her husband's demise, if there even was a husband. As they say, "the plot thickens."

ETA: An afterthought, isn't it weird that their names are Forty and Love. "40-love" is a tennis term to indicate the score in a game. We did see them playing tennis. 🎾

Edited by preeya
  • Useful 10
  • Love 4

You know I am thinking Love might be a stand in for all the girls who posted they wished Joe would kidnap and stalk them. It might actually be the shows way of saying how weird that kind of thinking is.   On one hand you have a guy assaulting people who is icky.  On the other you have Joe who is literally murdering people.....but he is cuuuuuttteeeeee!!!!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, preeya said:

ETA: An afterthought, isn't it weird that their names are Forty and Love. "40-love" is a tennis term to indicate the score in a game. We did see them playing tennis. 🎾

It is just so over the top pretentious and hilarious that I can't even believe the showrunners (author?) had the balls to do it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

You know I am thinking Love might be a stand in for all the girls who posted they wished Joe would kidnap and stalk them. It might actually be the shows way of saying how weird that kind of thinking is.   On one hand you have a guy assaulting people who is icky.  On the other you have Joe who is literally murdering people.....but he is cuuuuuttteeeeee!!!!!!

Maybe she's a Ted Bundy fangurl and Joe just reminds her of him? But yeah, I think Love is whackadoodle.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, preeya said:

Penn Badgley was named after a tennis ball

• Useful 3
  • LOL 7
On 12/26/2019 at 10:29 PM, Megan said:

I always pictured Forty as a young Phillip Seymour Hoffman type. This Forty looks so much like Joe.

I don't think he looks like Joe, but yes to the PSH thing (who I always pictured as Ignatius in A Confederacy of Dunces).

• Love 3
On 12/27/2019 at 12:04 PM, Chaos Theory said:

My first thought is that Love is connected to Candace and this is her plan for destroying Joe somehow. 

But, at this point, they could go any way with Love, because they've certainly opened the door to any possibility; either she's Joe's stalker, she's playing Joe, or she's blinded by Joe's psychopathy because she's into some weird shit. Plus, Joe seems to find the weirdest girls to be obsessed with. 

But I don't see how Love could be worse than Joe, unless she has dozens of bodies under her belt and she also likes torturing people. Plus, I'd hate that idea because it feels like it would wash away some of Joe's bad; I like that he's the biggest villain in this show and there are already fans who handwave Joe's actions because the actor's hot. 

Will's an interesting addition to the season, just because it's so odd to see Joe have someone locked up AND have them both be amicable with each other. I'm not sure exactly what they're doing with Will in general and if he's completely doomed by the end of the season. It could go either way for him. But what Will is doing is keeping himself alive, so there's that. I can't tell if Will's just playing along until he can escape, or is starting to enjoy Joe's company.  

Joe trying to protect Ellie...actually makes some sense, but it's still a bit of a mystery, as it seems like Joe actually likes Ellie. 

So far, I do think this is a solid season. I like this cast of characters more than last season (besides Peach). Plus, this season, there are more stakes for Joe because he's around very intuitive people who could easily figure him out....especially when he's attending Hollywood parties, where people are taking photos and videos and Joe's face will be everywhere in seconds.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

A young PSH ….. would that be Jesse Plemons?  😉

He might be too old already. I need to see him with longer messy hair.

I also just happened upon a comment I made about the Gold Finch and that I had pictured Hobie as PSH also, so I guess my mind is really unimaginative and can only picture PSH in roles.

"If only the universe would send me some sign, some platonic way to stay in your good graces." - "William fucking Bettelheim." - "Can I get a different sign?"

"I'd rather watch a cat massacre." All right, but a massacre by cats sounds like it could be really interesting.

I hate how much I love some of his lines. Like I'm not supposed to relate to the sociopath, but, man, sometimes he just says these things that perfectly encapsulate thoughts I have about everyday annoyances in life.

I enjoy Young Jane Villaneuva as Ellie. Chris D'Elia's also really well-cast because he just looks sleazy. 

• Love 11

Joe looked so miserable at that improve club, I like to imagine that, when he dies, that is exactly what his version of hell will be like. Murder people and be a creep? Get trapped in the improve show of the damned for eternity. 

Fun seeing Lindsay from Your The Worst pop up as Chris D'Elias agent, who actually managed to make me feel for for Forty. I mean, damn, that was freaking brutal, especially for what was basically party small talk. 

I am pretty sure we are heading towards Love being some kind of psycho as well, and that Joe will have met his match with her. Maybe she and her brother are having some kind of Twin-cest Lannister style relationship? Or maybe her deceased husband was actually her last Beck, and she is on the look out for a new victim, just like Joe? Would an episode with her as a narrator be her being as crazy and obsessive as Joe is? 

Not surprising that Joe is trying to protect Ellie, his favorite book IS Don Quixote after all! 

• Love 3

I just realized that actors playing 40 and Love do look very much like siblings. I know a lot of male/female siblings that are super close (especially if they are twins) but they aren’t playing that like “siblings who love and support each other even when they are fucked up”. Yes I could buy his sister is the more stable one but yeah it was odd. 

Love also still seems way too aggressive about Joe y’all haven’t even been on a date yet! I’m not trying to kink shame anyone here, but wouldn’t you get consent before you stuffed that tie in his mouth? Like maybe he’s not into that. Seems so uncomfortable. 

Now that I’ve seen ads for Wednesday everywhere seeing Jenna Ortega as a typical teen is funny.