Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E06: Where There’s a Wig, There’s a Way

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Not to mention, Carnival in the Caribbean really starts in January.  There are festivities all around the country leading to the big events of Fat Sunday, Fat Monday and Fat Tuesday.  It really is an event where everybody for a few weeks put their differences aside and just enjoy being alive and having fun.. 

For Trinidadians we party from Christmas until Ash Wednesday. It’s amazing how we can have the same celebration of unity and love and have different names for it. We refer to those days as Carnival Monday and Tuesday.  I can’t speak for other Caribbean islands though. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Who was Kenya talking to in her car, as she drove off? I thought she was alone.  She was saying again that she is a business woman.  

Her cousin, she left the party with her and was chryoned because she thought someone was messing with Kenya’s car.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Did she realize that she just lost me as a customer because of the way she acted and I don’t even like Marlow.

Kenya's most unforgivable act: making me side with Marlo.

Tanya can be so extra, but I like her. I think she's genuinely kind

Yeah, I'm liking her too.

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Kenya's most unforgivable act: making me side with Marlo.

Here is the thing that tipped to me siding with Marlo,  is she tried to actually be nice and welcoming when Kenya first came in so both could have looked good but Kenya had to double down and be obnoxious. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Here is the thing that tipped to me siding with Marlo,  is she tried to actually be nice and welcoming when Kenya first came in so both could have looked good but Kenya had to double down and be obnoxious. 

Oh my God, Marlo was totally so gracious and classy. She even said tried to incorporate Kenya's stuff into her launch by talking about how she worries about her edges. I feel like I am in bizarro world right now talking about gracious Marlo.

I hope Marlo's wig line does well, particularly now that she has kids to support. I just wish that launch did not look so cheap but more power to her.

• Love 10
On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:02 PM, Sheenieb said:

Along with Cynthia, Todd has also been disappointing me this season. I don't think he's a golddigger, but there is an immaturity that I'm noticing. I will never understand withholding affection from your child because "the world is hard." It's a parenting tactic that's common, sadly. When has the world ever been easy? That's when you comfort your child and hopefully prepare them for eventual setbacks and disappointments. But only showing emotion when you're angry? Do better, Todd.

I tell you, just when I start to have a little bit of sympathy for Kenya, she does some shit to snatch it back. She was trash at Marlo's event. And then to giggle and go on about being a "businesswoman" was ridiculous. But you attract what you put out. Marc is mean and petty to Kenya because she's mean and petty. I've never been a Marlo fan, but to embarrass her at her event was beyond. She also just confided in the group that she's insecure about her edges and here comes Kenya with her edge control or whatever the fuck it was product.

I shared Porsha's incredulous look towards Cynthia when Cynthia completely glossed over what Kenya did and said how happy she was to see her. This is why Cynthia gets labeled as a follower.

That being said, Marlo's event did look low budget.

Whatever you put out , you get back,  Marlo has been horrible to a lot of people on this show as well. Marlo has also clowned at other ladies events.  What Kenya did was childish and in very poor taste, but Marlo had it coming.  You reap what you sow.

• Love 8
On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:25 PM, Pearson80 said:

Kenya is so nasty, I am not a big Marlo fan but that was just wrong.  She wonders why Marc does not want her.

Cynthia is so damn unlikable this season.

I agreed with everything Nene said about Cynthia and Kenya.

Marc called Kenya an attention whore, he was right. She can't help herself, she never got any from her mother.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

So I think a huge part of the whole Todd parenting thing is directly related to this. First, if you look at his relationship with Ace, he is clearly bonded and close with that little boy, so its not like he is lacking in his ability to love. I just think that like many men, Todd hasn't been around young girls, and having missed out on bonding with her as a small child, he just doesn't understand what she wants or what makes her tick. And yes, he's probably parenting the way he was parented, which is very different than how he would have been parented if he had been a girl. I don't think he sees or recognizes that. 

Finally, I wonder if part of the reason that he doesn't allow Kandi to do equally for Riley and Kayla is that deep down he doesn't want Kayla to rely on Kandi's money but to be comfortable only with what he can provide for her. He certainly doesn't have the ability to fund a $5k a month apartment in NYC for her, and perhaps he wants her to understand while he will do for her and care for her, it will be based only upon what he's able to provide, not what her stepmom can give her. 

I was hoping that Kandi would explain to him that as a young girl, she needs both the dad who will help her be strong and self-sufficient and the dad that will give her a hug and tell her that she is his princess. Todd pursuing his version of parenting will have a kid that is capable, but may not have one that is loving towards him. Hopefully he'll see that before she moves out of his orbit for good.

Your articulation is brilliant.  You summed this up beautifully. Thank you so much. It's so refreshing to read comments that can see beyond the BS. 

• Love 1
On 12/9/2019 at 1:53 AM, link417 said:

Then tonight, I hear “Toronto” and I’m like, “Ugh, Canada?!” Not that I dislike Canada, but I was immediately suspicious of how authentic it would feel (even though I’m sure there is a sizable Caribbean population in some Canadian metro areas, much like the US and England). However, it seems like it is a pretty big event and won’t be some busted carnival-lite, so now I’m only mildly disappointed.

Isn't that the Canadian National Anthem?  "Uugh, Canada"

On 12/9/2019 at 11:47 AM, Boofish said:

On a different superficial note I personally think Porsha and Shamea's babys are ugly. Yeah I said it; not all babies are cute. Kenya baby is passable but barely.

I agree - they both are really ugly.  Porsha's baby looks like Dennis, oof, and Shamea's baby has some kind of a bottom lip problem.  I wonder if they see it... probably not? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 12/9/2019 at 12:06 PM, ZaldamoWilder said:

Cynthia:  nene blah blah first blah blah Iowncare blah blah

Nobody: 

source.gif

Oh nah, bish!  Not Chad!  LMAO....i'm dead!  But so true.

Toronto Carnival is huge.  I'm Caribbean (USVI, BVI, and Anguilla) and so are a good number of my friends (mostly Jamaican and Trini).  Most of them, including some of my family, have gone to the Toronto carnival and loved it.  It definitely would have been cool for them to go to carnival in one of the islands, but I'm looking forward to seeing their trip because Toronto on it's own is an awesome city (I was just there in September for a conference...and I too was looking for Drake. 😁).  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 12/9/2019 at 10:41 PM, spunky said:

For Trinidadians we party from Christmas until Ash Wednesday. It’s amazing how we can have the same celebration of unity and love and have different names for it. We refer to those days as Carnival Monday and Tuesday.  I can’t speak for other Caribbean islands though. 

Yup, Ash Wednesday is the end and you go to church to confess your sins for partaking in the debauchery, lol..I am from the French Caribbean so that is how we call it.. Dimanche gras, Lundi Gras and Mardi Gras..  I believe New Orleans only celebrates Fat Tuesday(Mardi Gras). 

Speaking of Carnival, Colombia's carnival in Baranquilla and Uruguay's carnival in Montevideo are awesome as well.. Everybody always talks about Brazil and Trinidad, however,it is celebrated all over Latin America as well..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Yup, Ash Wednesday is the end and you go to church to confess your sins for partaking in the debauchery, lol..I am from the French Caribbean so that is how we call it.. Dimanche gras, Lundi Gras and Mardi Gras..  I believe New Orleans only celebrates Fat Tuesday(Mardi Gras). 

Speaking of Carnival, Colombia's carnival in Baranquilla and Uruguay's carnival in Montevideo are awesome as well.. Everybody always talks about Brazil and Trinidad, however,it is celebrated all over Latin America as well..

We have Dimanche gras as well, but we refer to it as our Calypso competition. I’m not surprised as Carnival began with the slaves celebrating their freedom. In the words of lord Nelson “All ah we is one family”.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Kenya and Nene are making me like Marlo this season and that is unacceptable.

Man the jealousy of Tanya is palpable. To me, she represents actual money. She doesn’t have to discuss it or show it off 24/7 and she has a class that most of these women (NENE) lack. Plus, honestly she’s just fun.

Cynthia acting like the ish Kenya did was ok, wow. I mean the friend contract and her being a lapdog for Nene were one thing but this is beyond.

And Nene, my how the mighty have fallen. You can tell she’s now out of favor with the powers that be, since her “good edit” is gone. BLOOP.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
On 12/10/2019 at 12:43 PM, byrd said:

Your articulation is brilliant.  You summed this up beautifully. Thank you so much. It's so refreshing to read comments that can see beyond the BS. 

It was good. I could not imagine being in a home watching Riley be doted on. Even if it is Kandi’s money. The resentment could be real. I’m not that strong. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7