Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: A Modest Proposal

A dutiful DJ springs into action when Fernando asks for help proposing to Kimmy -- again. But the results are even bigger and better than she expected.

That proposal was 100% cheese, but still appropriate and very Fuller House.

I thought it was a clever approach to something we knew was coming at some point during these nine episodes, but I also kept wondering: Who the hell was watching the baby?

Edited by jmonique
  • Love 10

I figured from the episode title that Steve would be proposing to DJ.  I kept wondering where the heck he was and when he was going to show up, but the fake out was nicely done.  Except for the fact that Kimmy “injured” one leg and came home with a cast on the other. 

• Love 7

Well... that was very Fuller House.

I am old enough to remember the Brady Girls get married tv movie.  So I expect the same high jinks and arguments about the different styles of weddings each one wants and then ending up having a backyard wedding for all 3 of them.  I am laying bets that Joey, Danny and Jessie all are officiating the weddings.   

The flash mob was super cute, I have to admit that.  Matt is starting to grate on my nerves but Jimmy is getting to be more endearing.  

I cannot believe how much the actors that play Max and Jackson have grown up.  Max looks like he double in height!

So when is the continuation? 

• Love 4

I’m glad Kimmy re-proposed to Fernando this time. As much as I know it fits into the Full House world, I was frustrated listening to D.J. talk about being disappointed that Steve didn’t propose but could be happy without it... as if she had no say in when she and Steve discussed marriage. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Panopticon said:

I’m glad Kimmy re-proposed to Fernando this time. As much as I know it fits into the Full House world, I was frustrated listening to D.J. talk about being disappointed that Steve didn’t propose but could be happy without it... as if she had no say in when she and Steve discussed marriage. 

Totally agree, and it would be in Steve's character to be DELIGHTED if DJ proposed to him.

• Love 7

I thought the way they did that was adorable and very Fuller House. I can understand how DJ didn’t see that coming. 

That dig at Michelle was harsh. I know it’s not happening but I still half-hope Mary-Kate will come for the finale. I would enjoy more mentions of her communicating with the family - texts, phone calls, sending a gift for the baby.

• Love 3
On 12/20/2019 at 5:43 PM, bettername2come said:

I thought the way they did that was adorable and very Fuller House. I can understand how DJ didn’t see that coming. 

That dig at Michelle was harsh. I know it’s not happening but I still half-hope Mary-Kate will come for the finale. I would enjoy more mentions of her communicating with the family - texts, phone calls, sending a gift for the baby.

I know, I wish they would mention Michelle more too. Just because the actresses don't want to come back doesn't mean they have to pretend her character never existed.

I thought the proposal was cute. Super cheesy, but that's Fuller House for you. 

• Love 3

I had suspicions that something like this would go, especially when they mentioned that Steve was oh so conveniently out of town, but I thought the way they played the proposal was clever and actually quite adorable. It was cheesy and ridiculous, and very Full House. We all knew it was coming, so I am glad they still had a bit of a surprise. Have fun in that Alcove Danny! 

Thought that Kimmie proposing to Fernado was very cute too, and very very them. The carnival sure would have been very them too though, and Cosmo and Tommy were so flipping cute! 

"Its nice to have three daughters again." Oh god, that was a whole willow-tree of shade!

• Love 5
On 12/9/2019 at 12:46 AM, Spencer Hastings said:

I figured from the episode title that Steve would be proposing to DJ.  I kept wondering where the heck he was and when he was going to show up, but the fake out was nicely done.  Except for the fact that Kimmy “injured” one leg and came home with a cast on the other. 

That's when I actually got suspicious something was going on. It seemed like something that on one hand could be a continuity error and on the other could be a sign that the whole thing was fake.

Though, I was actually expecting DJ to notice and say something.

• Love 2