Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Hispes

• Start Topic

Mayor Feratti ups the ante in his negotiations with the Sullivans, and Ray must step in to finish the deal. Bridget and Smitty are called in to fix Jonathan Walker Hanson’s unsavory publicity scandal. Claudette offers Daryll an opportunity to leave the Donovans once and for all, while Bunchy grapples with the consequences of his drugstore violence, and Terry struggles with the realities of his illness.

Original airdate: 12/8/19

They towed Ray's car and he couldn't get a taxi or a Lyft? Was the whole point of making him take the subway just so he could see Mickey on the front page? They couldn't have had him walk past a newsstand? Because he managed to get a taxi when he left Feratti's office. And then he went to a newsstand near the end of the episode!

Ha, I loved that Ray's reaction to learning Jonathan had herpes was to tell Adam to take him to a doctor.

Adam totally annoyed me when Bridget called and he told her to google Jonathan. Dude, it would have taken you two seconds to just tell her yourself that your client has an STD. My favorite protest sign outside of the studio was JW Herpes. I HATED the way the PR spin they put on painted Jonathan in a slightly less douchey light. That idiot was having unprotected sex with tons of women.

Oh, Bunchy. First you go to see the guy you shot and get yourself invited to a white supremacist group and then you sign a legal document without having Ray or a lawyer look at it? COME ON.

My favorite thing about Claudette is how staunchly anti-Donovan she is. She might love Mickey but she is not stupid. She sees what a shit show Mickey and his family are. I mean, what other possible conclusion can you come to when your felonious ex comes back from the dead with another stupid scheme?

The only surprising thing about Ray sleeping with Molly is that it took this long for it to happen.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Hispes!?? Cause Herpes is sexist!!!!!!!! LOL! Jonathan say that's good and a PSA is produced instantly! Nice try but you still have to appear in court.

Correction to Jonathan: You looked like a fucking idiot way before this!

Liberty had to know Terry couldn't perform. Why put the poor guy through that humiliation??!! 

Ray couldn't put Smitty to use to get his car out of impound?

So Bridget is the new "Lena". Seriously! She kicking doors down? 

Why doesn't Bunchy have a lawyer? Why is he still working there? 

I hope Bunchy stood up proudly and told the group his daughter is half Mexican.

Molly forgets at times her father was a criminal?!!? Jimmy looks like a guy that reminds the family every day he is/was one.

Ray saying Mickey wasn't good at being a criminal was funny.

As mayor of NYC, does Ferrati need to sit in a closed, dark bowling alley with guards around him as if he some mob boss?

Of course, the FBI will not bother review video and see Ray and Sandy made a switch. Why wasn't Sandy checked when she left the room?

Good Grief! Mickey is back in the US and driving through Stop signs! That water looked so damn nice, enjoy retirement Mickey forget running a scam!

Claudette should be wise at her age to not fall for Mickey's BS! I would be surprised if she called the detective to say Mickey is alive. It has to be for something else.

Claudette's look when Mickey said "we're not that old" was funny!

Sandy quickly flew to the Maldives and she/Mickey flew back to the US in a day?

4 episodes in and Ray is getting it on with Molly. Surprised it wasn't done in the second episode.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I don't understand the deal.  Ferrati says he wanted a new children's hospital built, probably named after him.  Kevin Sullivan was somehow blocking it so Ray gets Lena to get incriminating pictures of him.

Meanwhile, nobody ever made copies, the memory card in the actual camera is still the only copy.

Ray refuses to take a bribe from Kevin but Molly sweet talks him and he gives up the card.

So Ferratti the mob boss mayor sends the cops to toss his place and impound his car.  He will keep hassling Ray, who apparently has no client paying the bills, if Ray comes up with $9 million.

Molly, whose house was also tossed, gets her father to give her $9 million to pay off Feratti but the feds have been watching the safe deposit box to see who'd come and try to take its contents -- why wouldn't they have just impounded the contents, civil asset forfeiture anyone?

So why is Sullivan paying Feratti that money?  No more talk about the hospital.

Terry is chanting at the cult compound, gets spooked by an old woman and runs inside and sees Liberty who's nude and inviting him to bed but he can't get it up.  So he's takes a few rocks from a rock garden and puts them in his pocket because he's going to drown himself.  These were small rocks!

But the old woman talks him out of suicide and they leave together at the end.  Hope this story line gets good because it's another head scratcher.

Meanwhile Bunchy falls in with white supremacists.

Yeah Daryl needs to get the fuck away from the Donovans for awhile but Mickey pops up -- either he's back or never left -- with his face plastered all over NY tabloids.  Of course he's only offering an opportunity to Daryl because Ray would probably chase him out if he found out Mickey's back in NY.  Hell of all the places, Mickey just has to come back to NY, not LA or Boston or any of another dozen places.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The only surprising thing about Ray sleeping with Molly is that it took this long for it to happen.

Ray and Molly just do not fit. He would never go for her. He goes for "babes" or smart mouthed women like Abby. She seems way too normal a choice for him. That connection is too contrived. 

2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

That made no sense at all. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
1 hour ago, scrb said:

But the old woman talks him out of suicide and they leave together at the end.  Hope this story line gets good because it's another head scratcher.

That "old woman" is Lois Smith. She was James Dean's girlfriend for a short while and did a wardrobe test with him decades and decades ago. 

James Dean and Lois Smith in 1954

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Aw geez, Bunchy. White supremacists? Ray might not have been able to save  him from that.

Wonder who put that woman on Daryll?

Sturdy.

Poor Terry. He really didn't want to get sucked into that cult mindfcukery. He was lucky he couldn't get it up.

Heh, Ray was lowkey impressed with how Bridget was fixing fake Justin Bieber's herpes scandal. Apple something something tree.

And like a bad penny--or Krugerrand--Mickey returns to eff up Daryll's life again. Was he even in the Maldives a week? Good on Claudette for dropping a dime on him.

Well, at least Terry and Bunchy came to their senses before it was too late. Looks like Ray might be heading into some Montagues versus Capulets ish though.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I doubt it...

My guess is Mickey never left the country.  According to Mr. kicotan it looks like he went out to Fire Island to lay low and consider his options.  Homosexuality, in the Maldives, is punishable by death.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Can someone explain the significance of the coin Sandy took from the box?  I assume it’s not of great value or she would have gotten in trouble for taking it when she was stopped leaving the bank.  I know she said something to Mickey about it but I missed most of it from a distraction and didn’t really care enough to watch again.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Can someone explain the significance of the coin Sandy took from the box?  I assume it’s not of great value or she would have gotten in trouble for taking it when she was stopped leaving the bank.  I know she said something to Mickey about it but I missed most of it from a distraction and didn’t really care enough to watch again.

I believe there was a heist Jimmy Sullivan, Mickey, and Sandy were involved. Jimmy lied there were no coins (kept it all), became rich and Mickey and Sandy missed out. Now they know Jimmy lied and this will come back to screw up Ray in some way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, mxc90 said:

12 hours ago, kicotan said:

I doubt it...

My guess is Mickey never left the country.  According to Mr. kicotan it looks like he went out to Fire Island to lay low and consider his options.  Homosexuality, in the Maldives, is punishable by death.

When Mickey called Sandy, she asked him how the Maldives were and he said, "I wouldn't know, honey. I'm out here in Rose Beach - nice little gay community."

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, NoReally said:

I want to know where Sandy hid the coin so they wouldn't find it when they searched her.

I, OTOH, would not mind if this remained one of life's great mysteries.

On 12/8/2019 at 11:47 AM, scrb said:

Molly, whose house was also tossed, gets her father to give her $9 million to pay off Feratti but the feds have been watching the safe deposit box to see who'd come and try to take its contents -- why wouldn't they have just impounded the contents, civil asset forfeiture anyone?

They don't just want the bearer bonds. They want the person who removes them. By arresting that person, the feds can try to get that person to flip on Sullivan.

2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

When Mickey called Sandy, she asked him how the Maldives were and he said, "I wouldn't know, honey. I'm out here in Rose Beach - nice little gay community."

Ray, this is why you wait until the flight has taken off and nobody is left in the terminal before leaving the airport.

I can see a corrupt mayor wanting to use a bowling alley to conduct his illicit plots instead of his official office (although we do see him conduct business w/ Ray there as well). What I find difficult to believe is that nobody from the NY press (multiple newspapers and local tv stations) follows the mayor on any of these numerous jaunts. Especially since he often is doing this during working hours.

Local reporter: Hey boss, the mayor's at that bowling alley again. Seventh time in two weeks.

Editor/News Manager: The mayor's job is highly stressful. I'm sure he's just there b/c he really likes to bowl. Not a story. Go cover the naming of the baby polar bear at The Bronx Zoo.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 12/8/2019 at 9:15 AM, mxc90 said:

Hispes!?? Cause Herpes is sexist!!!!!!!! LOL! Jonathan say that's good and a PSA is produced instantly! Nice try but you still have to appear in court.

Correction to Jonathan: You looked like a fucking idiot way before this!

Liberty had to know Terry couldn't perform. Why put the poor guy through that humiliation??!! 

Ray couldn't put Smitty to use to get his car out of impound?

So Bridget is the new "Lena". Seriously! She kicking doors down? 

Why doesn't Bunchy have a lawyer? Why is he still working there? 

I hope Bunchy stood up proudly and told the group his daughter is half Mexican.

Molly forgets at times her father was a criminal?!!? Jimmy looks like a guy that reminds the family every day he is/was one.

Ray saying Mickey wasn't good at being a criminal was funny.

As mayor of NYC, does Ferrati need to sit in a closed, dark bowling alley with guards around him as if he some mob boss?

Of course, the FBI will not bother review video and see Ray and Sandy made a switch. Why wasn't Sandy checked when she left the room?

Good Grief! Mickey is back in the US and driving through Stop signs! That water looked so damn nice, enjoy retirement Mickey forget running a scam!

Claudette should be wise at her age to not fall for Mickey's BS! I would be surprised if she called the detective to say Mickey is alive. It has to be for something else.

Claudette's look when Mickey said "we're not that old" was funny!

4 episodes in and Ray is getting it on with Molly. Surprised it wasn't done in the second episode.

Bunchy threw the papers out at his second visit to the hospital.  

Not sure if its the law or just my own bank, but when I go to the safe deposit box.  1)  have to to show ID, and 2)  the attendant can open the box BUT they can not take it out of the slot for you.  Then would could attest to the weight of it.  I have to take it out all by self, and I wait for them to leave the room, so they can't see the struggle.  

53 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Bunchy threw the papers out at his second visit to the hospital.  

Not sure if its the law or just my own bank, but when I go to the safe deposit box.  1)  have to to show ID, and 2)  the attendant can open the box BUT they can not take it out of the slot for you.  Then would could attest to the weight of it.  I have to take it out all by self, and I wait for them to leave the room, so they can't see the struggle.  

Not so much the law, but the internal procedures each bank has in effect for Safe Deposit Operations.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

Ray, this is why you wait until the flight has taken off and nobody is left in the terminal before leaving the airport.

Even Janice knew this when Chandler said he was moving to Yemen on Friends!

12 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

My mom has safety deposit boxes at two different banks. She had to put me on the list of authorized list of users so that I could access them. One of the banks required me to give them my SSN so they could run a credit check on me before they added me as an authorized user. Once I was on the list, I still had to show ID and sign in to access the box every time. Instead of leaving me in the room with all of the other boxes, they take me to a private room where I open the box.

• Love 1
On 12/8/2019 at 12:49 PM, DakotaLavender said:

Ray and Molly just do not fit. He would never go for her. He goes for "babes" or smart mouthed women like Abby. She seems way too normal a choice for him. That connection is too contrived. 

That made no sense at all. 

He seems to be changing though.  Pulling away from “the life”.  Molly is connected to his beloved sister.  From the neighborhood. They both know what it’s like to grow up with the criminal element of Southie.  I think it’s a perfect choice. 

• Love 2
On 12/10/2019 at 1:51 PM, Lemons said:

He seems to be changing though.  Pulling away from “the life”.  Molly is connected to his beloved sister.  From the neighborhood. They both know what it’s like to grow up with the criminal element of Southie.  I think it’s a perfect choice. 

Well if she is a perfect choice, the role is miscast. 

I don't understand why there are so many people "shocked" at things not being realistic. HELLO....

Ray spent several dozen episodes driving ALL OVER L.A., then ALL OVER N.Y.C., through hours of traffic, and always finding a parking spot. In just one episode he would drive his home, to his apt., to the gym, to Ezra, meet with FBI, then drink a bottle of whiskey. Absolutely IMPOSSIBLE! 

• Love 1

I’ve never known that many people to drink straight whisky all the time. What’s up with that. They must have  a lot raw throats from all that straight alcohol. 

Some of these stories are so contrived.....I struggle. Does Ray ever consider that he might be tailed anymore?  It’s like he’s too drunk to think things through anymore. He’s always in such deep though...you’d think he has better ideas. 

Someone should be appointed as Bunchy’s Guardian.  He’s not competent to make adult decisions. He’s beyond frustrating.

Edited by SunnyBeBe