Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: No Pressure

• Start Topic

I like that the Widow's group is back. I thought it would be just a one-off.

When Delia invited her doctor friend to the party, I was surprised she didn't have more  questions. Before she agrees to go on a blind date, shouldn't she find out a bit about what the guy is like?

It was really sweet how Ben tried to help out Michelle, too bad it didn't work out in the end. I am not sure Michelle's "stress and just forget about it" process is that helpful.

• Love 6

It was sweet. The show is mostly just sweet, even when it annoys me how much this group meddles in Wade's life.

I liked Ann--was that the doctors name?--just fine, but I thought he had more chemistry with Caroline, I kinda wish they'd go there. I was laughing when the widows group found it so hilarious that Wade could ever be a bad boy. He was Boyd Crowder, pretty much the poster boy for bad boys, dammit. 

Edited by luna1122
  • Love 8
52 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

It was sweet. The show is mostly just sweet, even when it annoys me how much this group meddles in Wade's life.

I liked Ann--was that the doctors name?--just fine, but I thought he had more chemistry with Caroline, I kinda wish they'd go there. I was laughing when the widows group found it so hilarious that Wade could ever be a bad boy. He was Boyd Crowder, pretty much the poster boy for bad boys, dammit. 

I know- me too. I do like him with Caroline, but I don't think it's time for that just yet. I like that he finally felt a moment. 

I felt bad that Ben's attempts at helping backfired. But at least he tried to not let Michelle know he blew it. 

Delia's girl crush on the doctor didn't do it for me. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, luna1122 said:

I was laughing when the widows group found it so hilarious that Wade could ever be a bad boy. He was Boyd Crowder, pretty much the poster boy for bad boys, dammit. 

I assumed that was meant to be a meta joke because the show runners expect the audience to be familiar with the actor's previous work.

• Love 5

Sarayu Blue back on Thursday Night Network TV where she belongs! My apologies, I was one of the few people who liked "I Feel Bad" and especially her as the star, despite the show's other faults.

It looks like she's in for a couple more episodes, which is probably right for the end of the initial 13-episode order. It's finally time to explore what a real relationship will look like for Wade, and the impacts on the family and social circle.

Ben! Ben Ben Ben Ben Ben, not enough food show's up to your Kegger? Quickly see if there's a way they can send more (it's a mass catering BBQ joint in Raleigh, they likely have more) or just eat some humble pie and order pizza.

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, Traveller519 said:

Ben! Ben Ben Ben Ben Ben, not enough food show's up to your Kegger? Quickly see if there's a way they can send more (it's a mass catering BBQ joint in Raleigh, they likely have more) or just eat some humble pie and order pizza.

Seriously. I kept thinking why doesn't he just order some sort of takeout, there are so many options nowadays.

Edited by Harvey
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Traveller519 said:

Sarayu Blue back on Thursday Night Network TV where she belongs! My apologies, I was one of the few people who liked "I Feel Bad" and especially her as the star, despite the show's other faults.

You weren’t the only one.  I actually really enjoyed that show.

• Love 2

She also had a role on that show... I forget the name, but it was the one on The CW a few  years ago where someone predicted the end of the world and was considered a crock but then he was right about it. And then it got cancelled. Anyway, she played the co-worker of the main character. She was great in that one.

• Love 1

It was nice that Forrest was so concerned about Michelle. And I agree with @Harvey that Michelle's process probably isn't the best approach, especially if someone sees you have a meltdown. It was also nice that Ben tried to help, but yeah, my sister said the same thing about just ordering some pizza. It's a kegger, it's not like people were expecting Filet Mignon and lobster.

I loved all the stuff with Wade, Caroline, and Anna. Should be interesting to see how it shakes out.

I've never seen Walton Goggins in this type of role before and I have to say, he is really nailing it. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Traveller519 said:

Ben! Ben Ben Ben Ben Ben, not enough food show's up to your Kegger? Quickly see if there's a way they can send more (it's a mass catering BBQ joint in Raleigh, they likely have more)

And they're in Raleigh so it's not like there's only one BBQ place. Just pick another one that delivers and get on DoorDash/Postmates/whatever other app and get some more ribs in less than an hour!

• Love 4
16 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Ben is either a complete moron who has never paid for a meal in his life or Mama is running quite the scam because I have ordered that much food for 2-3 people! 

I could actually buy that.  Other than deep frying a turkey once, I don't think Ben has ever had any responsibility for feeding anyone.  It's possible he didn't even understand the "language" of food.  For example, he could have ordered individual ribs instead of racks of ribs or he had no way of understand how many people a pint of mac and cheese could feed.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I could actually buy that.  Other than deep frying a turkey once, I don't think Ben has ever had any responsibility for feeding anyone.  It's possible he didn't even understand the "language" of food.  For example, he could have ordered individual ribs instead of racks of ribs or he had no way of understand how many people a pint of mac and cheese could feed.

My point was that he paid for the food before it arrived so he should have been able to tell by how much money he paid for the food that it wouldn’t be enough unless he is an idiot or if she charged him enough money that he thought he had for fifty people for than she is vastly overcharging. He doesn’t need to know how much a serving is but what was brought couldn’t have cost more than $50 and that’s including delivery. We have seen him out at a variety of restaurants so he knows the cost of food. And the brief exchange with him and the delivery guy was just that he had ordered for 50 not that he had ordered specific dishes. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

We have seen him out at a variety of restaurants so he knows the cost of food

Too much time playing Captain Cristal must have permanently wiped his math co-processor....

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

The only theory that I can come up with is that Ben ordered online and accidentally entered 5 guests, instead of 50 guests. But the bill total should have clued him in that it was not enough food.

Michelle prides herself on her four-cheese mac & cheese. Therefore, she most likely didn’t already have dozens of boxes of Kraft mac & cheese in her kitchen. So she went to the grocery store and bought it? They did that instead of just ordering a bunch of pizza?

Also, most people would still buy the mac & cheese ingredients, and everything else, even if she/he couldn’t buy the ribs that day. I see Michelle making mac & cheese from scratch at the last minute vs. making mac & cheese from a box. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Michelle prides herself on her four-cheese mac & cheese. Therefore, she most likely didn’t already have dozens of boxes of Kraft mac & cheese in her kitchen. So she went to the grocery store and bought it? They did that instead of just ordering a bunch of pizza?

Michelle also has 4 kids.  So, while she might make great homemade mac and cheese, sometimes she may need to feed her kids something quick...hence the boxed mac and cheese.  If I'm making mac and cheese for a sit down dinner, I make it from scratch.  If my kids are eating mac and cheese for a quick dinner before we run out to one of their activities, it is the boxed crap.

That being said, I also wondered why they didn't just order pizza!

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Michelle also has 4 kids.  So, while she might make great homemade mac and cheese, sometimes she may need to feed her kids something quick...hence the boxed mac and cheese.  If I'm making mac and cheese for a sit down dinner, I make it from scratch.  If my kids are eating mac and cheese for a quick dinner before we run out to one of their activities, it is the boxed crap.

That was what I assumed too. There's "I spent time making you this awesome gourmet meal from scratch" and there's "OMG these kids have 15 minutes between homework and soccer practice and they need to eat something" (which is where the Cost Co pack of boxed mac and cheese comes in).

• Love 4
10 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Very good point. (Although by now I would think she’d know to open the powder packet with scissors, instead of trying to pull it open and risk getting orange powder all over her white dress. 😉)

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Can you imagine Delia allowing people to eat anything as unhealthy as pizza without being such a pain that everyone at the party wanted to kill her? I can't.

• LOL 1
46 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Although by now I would think she’d know to open the powder packet with scissors, instead of trying to pull it open.

You do stupid things when you are stressed and trying to cook a meal that should have been completed hours ago.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Bali said:

Can you imagine Delia allowing people to eat anything as unhealthy as pizza without being such a pain that everyone at the party wanted to kill her? I can't.

She had no problem with the mac and cheese and ribs so I doubt she would have an issue.

• Love 4
On 12/7/2019 at 3:35 PM, HazelEyes4325 said:

One is the correct answer. A pint of mac & cheese feeds one person.  😄

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I am glad that the widows group is still around, and I like Caroline a lot. I could enjoy her and Wade getting together for real, but I also like Anne so far. Good times had by all, especially with all that booze flowing! 

Oh Ben, you well meaning doofus. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

I am glad that the widows group is still around, and I like Caroline a lot. I could enjoy her and Wade getting together for real, but I also like Anne so far. Good times had by all, especially with all that booze flowing! 

I'm glad the widows group is around as well, and I like Caroline (and I adore the actress playing her).  Until this episode, I wouldn't have minded Wade and Caroline getting together, but not now--not because I don't think they are good together.  In fact, I think they are great together--as "widow friends."  I think pairing them romantically would kill that.  I would much rather see more of Caroline and her relating to and cheering on Wade in a way that his other friends really can't.

• Love 3
On 12/7/2019 at 12:30 AM, possibilities said:

She also had a role on that show... I forget the name, but it was the one on The CW a few  years ago where someone predicted the end of the world and was considered a crock but then he was right about it. And then it got cancelled. Anyway, she played the co-worker of the main character. She was great in that one.

The show was No Tomorrow.

• Love 1
On 12/8/2019 at 11:22 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

The only theory that I can come up with is that Ben ordered online and accidentally entered 5 guests, instead of 50 guests. But the bill total should have clued him in that it was not enough food.

Also, most people would still buy the mac & cheese ingredients, and everything else, even if she/he couldn’t buy the ribs that day. I see Michelle making mac & cheese from scratch at the last minute vs. making mac & cheese from a box. 

She sure was bitchy in the grocery store. And order all those ribs and then just say no change my mind, completely wrong. 

• Love 1
On 1/10/2020 at 12:37 PM, msrachelj said:

She sure was bitchy in the grocery store. And order all those ribs and then just say no change my mind, completely wrong. 

I think Michelle borderline nasty a lot of the time. The actress also plays adult DJ's wife in The Conners and she has a similar personality on that show - just nastier.