Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SlovakPrincess said:

“surprise! I, an extremely Australian man, am actually a U.S. citizen!”

I never thought Robert wasn't a citizen.  He was the police commissioner after all.  Obviously a naturalized citizen, but a citizen nonetheless.

8 minutes ago, lala2 said:

She’s hidden dead bodies before so what was the big deal with this situation?

There's a difference between hiding an already dead body and keeping a pregnant woman prisoner, which indirectly probably led to more deaths.

• Like 5

I couldn't understand why Curtis would show up to her room and the first thing out of his mouth is not "How are you doing?" Or "How are you dealing with this?" But trauma dumping about his addiction and what HE is going through. He didn't once ask her what she wanted or how she felt. By comparison Taggert immediately consoled her despite his own pain and reassured her. 

And what was that "I don't want that to change" line from Curtis about Taggert and Trina loving each other like father and daughter? It won't change, you self-centred Milk Dud! Whether bio or adoptive a father's love is a father's love. Yeeesh!

• Like 6
  • Applause 7
3 hours ago, slayer2 said:

This exactly! Thank you! They are working overtime to desexualize and infantalize Trina and they were doing it with SM's Trina as well. The fact that she was on the show for 3 years and only had one kiss?

Meanwhile Joss is on to her second sexual partner (even when she was still with her first) it's very disturbing and alarming. while she is simultaneously screwing the life out of Dex raises a LOT of alarm bells.

I was thinking along these lines as well. SM's Trina had a brief kiss with the teenager Dev (Joss had kissed him as well) and two brief, chaste kisses with Cam.

The first time Joss had a bedroom kissing/intend to have sex scene was in 2019, with Oscar when she was 16/17 years old. Between 2020 and and 2022, she's been sexually active with Cam and now Dex whereas Trina's first bedroom kissing/potential sex scene was with police officer Rory in fall 2022 at age 20. 

Also, there's the problem that both Portia and Curtis talk to her and treat her like she is a freshman in high school. I keep thinking Portia is going to tell Trina that the time has come to have a conversation about what can happen when two people love each other. 

Unrelated - does Liesl Obrecht still not know that her daughter died saving Josslyn from Heather the Hook?

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
5 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

does Liesl Obrecht still not know that her daughter died saving Josslyn from Heather the Hook?

She knows it was Heather.  She was telling Nina today that she wants to pay Heather a visit.  But I'm pretty sure she has no idea it was JOss on the docks.  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

She knows it was Heather.  She was telling Nina today that she wants to pay Heather a visit.  But I'm pretty sure she has no idea it was JOss on the docks.  

Maybe Heather will be the one who tells her. 

• Like 3

I think Heather would have killed Britt even if Esme was in jail. I think it would have made her even more likely to do it considering she was trying to throw suspicion off Esme and doing it while she was locked up would have been the perfect time. It’s not like the PCPD would have found out the truth any quicker given how inept they all were and they weren’t bothering to tell the public that they no longer suspected Esme even when she turned up. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 6
16 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Unrelated - does Liesl Obrecht still not know that her daughter died saving Josslyn from Heather the Hook?

I don't think Obrecht knows that Britt died for Joss. Heather told the police that she was going after Joss when she hooked Britt but no one has told Obrecht yet. Her hate for Carly and his children is pure. I am so hoping that Obrecht is a match and Carly's lie almost killed Willow. Not as good as Willow actually dead but I'll take it.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Nina so deserves better than Willow.

So, so much better.

18 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

But Trina says she doesn't want to.  So unless Curtis pulls a Carly and does it without Trina's knowledge, there's nothing he can do. 

i must have glazed over at that point. If that's the case, then Curtis needs to start acting like a father rather than someone wanting to regain a possession, put her needs ahead of his own, and leave her alone.

Portia should have done the DNA test on her own when she got engaged to Curtis.

16 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Also, there's the problem that both Portia and Curtis talk to her and treat her like she is a freshman in high school. I keep thinking Portia is going to tell Trina that the time has come to have a conversation about what can happen when two people love each other. 

🤣🤣🤣

That really is the level at which they treat her.

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
13 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I was thinking along these lines as well. SM's Trina had a brief kiss with the teenager Dev (Joss had kissed him as well) and two brief, chaste kisses with Cam.

The first time Joss had a bedroom kissing/intend to have sex scene was in 2019, with Oscar when she was 16/17 years old. Between 2020 and and 2022, she's been sexually active with Cam and now Dex whereas Trina's first bedroom kissing/potential sex scene was with police officer Rory in fall 2022 at age 20. 

but the thing is - not everyone has sex when they are a teenager. just because Joss is sexually active etc and Trina isn't  shouldn't really matter. same with the lipstick etc etc. I personally don't really see it as a race issue either. and I say this as a person of colour.  i personally see Joss saying whatever she was saying (i fell asleep) - so i caught up on ytclips - was her trying to be all "smart and wise" (which she isnt) but i also take it as she doesn't like Spencer unless it's time for he to do so. If this was someone else. I don't think that conversation even takes place. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Take over a DNA kit, ask her to swab

But Trina says she doesn't want to.  So unless Curtis pulls a Carly and does it without Trina's knowledge, there's nothing he can do.  

He can STFU and back off, but that's not going to happen.

That orange top looked great on TA.

The dolts still haven't talked to Wiley about Willow's leukemia? Ugh, they're worse than Portia in that regard.

I sort of get Elizabeth's waffling. She feels damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. I think that's pretty normal. But she's confessed. Time to let the chips fall where they may.

LOL at Scott shouting "SCOTT BALDWIN" when he answered to phone.

• Like 6

If Nik isn’t in the tack room closet (we all know he isn’t) and the padlock is still on, he had help getting out no matter what state he was in. Austin is again my no 1 suspect, as I still don’t get why he would just help Ava, who he barely knows, cover a murder.

Loved Liesl’s talking about at the stem cell revenge scenario over Carly. 🤣 Because she came out and said it though, she won’t be a match. Sigh.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
Just now, Desperado said:

Loved Liesl’s talking about at the stem cell revenge scenario over Carly. 🤣 Because she came out and said it though, she won’t be a match. Sigh.

Good. this means Willows dead. Ill take it. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think Heather would have killed Britt even if Esme was in jail. I think it would have made her even more likely to do it considering she was trying to throw suspicion off Esme and doing it while she was locked up would have been the perfect time. It’s not like the PCPD would have found out the truth any quicker given how inept they all were and they weren’t bothering to tell the public that they no longer suspected Esme even when she turned up. 

Yeah, I don't really understand this reasoning that ImposterNik and Liz hiding Esme is why Heather was killing people. Heather is crazy, she was killing people out of revenge it had nothing to do with whether Esme was lost or found. And frankly I find it bizarre people are even upset that they "kidnapped" Esme. She was getting good care and 3 square meals a day which is more than what she would have gotten in prison which is where she would have been if she wasn't locked up at Wyndemere.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
3 minutes ago, Desperado said:

We all know that won’t happen either. Double sigh.

life has killed the dream.... i've dreamed...

if she has to live, then i hope that Nina comes to visit her,Willow basically acts like a heartless cow, then she live and then Nina goes I want nothing to do with you, i deserve better than you,  and then Willow, Joss and carly rot with jealous because the kids all want to be with Nina, and NIna gets a Trina-like character that super looks up to her, and they never think of willow again

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Desperado said:

If not her, then Nina's donor drive comes up with it. Come on show, give me something because we all know that Willow ain't going anywhere.

• Like 6
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

put her needs ahead of his own, and leave her alone.

I'm kinda sorta on Curtis' side here, but feel dirty about it!!  I would want to know either way and Trina was being kinda bratty about it.  If Taggert will truly continue to be her father, than it doesn't matter if the truth is different.  And it would give Curtis peace of mind.  Plus they both mentioned possible medical issues in the future (and the whole Marshall with the schizophrenia thing).  why leave it open ended.  

10 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Good. this means Willows dead. Ill take it. 

Rumours are, James will be a match.  Which will be stupid since I thought there is an age limit to donors and he would be way too young to be tested, much lest transplanted.  

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Daisy said:

but the thing is - not everyone has sex when they are a teenager. just because Joss is sexually active etc and Trina isn't  shouldn't really matter. same with the lipstick etc etc. I personally don't really see it as a race issue either. and I say this as a person of colour.  i personally see Joss saying whatever she was saying (i fell asleep) - so i caught up on ytclips - was her trying to be all "smart and wise" (which she isnt) but i also take it as she doesn't like Spencer unless it's time for he to do so. If this was someone else. I don't think that conversation even takes place. 

You can be a POC however it's an entirely different kettle of fish to be a Black Woman consuming media. 

Racism, specifically anti-blackness is systemic and as such it's in everything, everywhere, all the time, it was quite literally designed that way. Media in particular plays a very insidious role and soap operas, in the beginning were positive examples of cultural shifts however things really haven't progressed since the 90s.

One only has to look at GH now compared to 10 years ago, this is the first time since the Wards that there have been prominent Black families on the show and they are literally the only example of alleged "diversity."

Sonny being a Latino character is a happenstance of them acknowledging the actor's heritage with respect to how much space he takes up on the show but there are no prominent Latino, Asian, or South-East Asian families in 2023 and the character's father is Greek. None of his children openly embrace or speak of their Latino heritage either.

There are no LGBTQ characters save for one Transgender Woman who unfortunately, is treated more like a dayplayer and Brad Cooper who has been little more than Britt's bestie of late. They showed some progress with Night Shift but that show dissipated and there hasn't been much since. 

There is no excuse for a young character on a soap to be on a show for 4 years with no definitive love interest. Spencer and her have been dancing around each other for a year and a half and she was still told to "go slow" the character is not treated the same way romantically as other characters her age on the show. It's certainly easy to dismiss it when you aren't Black and aren't paying attention however when you grow up watching TV and often see Black Women poorly represented and when you you frequently see tropes like this left, right and centre (and can cite many other soaps and examples but won't do that here) you simply don't have that luxury.

Edited by slayer2
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Desperado said:

If Nik isn’t in the tack room closet (we all know he isn’t) and the padlock is still on, he had help getting out no matter what state he was in. Austin is again my no 1 suspect, as I still don’t get why he would just help Ava, who he barely knows, cover a murder.

I like *someone's theory that Austin's "cousin" stole the body and will blackmail Austin and Ava.

(*sorry I forget who said it), it's upthread, somewhere.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
35 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm pretty sure when she said she wanted to pay Heather a visit it was to shut her up for good, and not there for a chit chat!!

LOL oh I'm sure!  I actually am looking forward to those scenes. 

31 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Trina isn't a teen anymore though.  I know not all young people have sex, but most college students do.  I just think that with no religious conservative upbringing, which Trina did not have, there is no reason for a young woman who is in love to not have sex.  I actually don't think there's a reason for her to not have sex without being in love, but the fact that her and Spencer are just mad about each other....hormones being what they are.  I don't buy it. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, slayer2 said:

There is no excuse for a young character on a soap to be on a show for 4 years with no definitive love interest. Spencer and her have been dancing around each other for a year and a half and she was still told to "go slow" the character is not treated the same way romantically as other characters her age on the show. It's certainly easy to dismiss it when you aren't Black and aren't paying attention however when you grow up watching TV and rarely see Black Women poorly represented and when you you frequently see tropes like this left, right and centre (and can site many other soaps and examples but won't do that here) you simply don't have that luxury.

well i am black - and as i said for me personally - it doesn't bother me. but for me personally I dont watch television to be represented (for any aspect of my being) - i simply want really good stories. I never have. if others do - then i understand how it could be frustrating, but there are many people on both sides of the spectrum who simply just want to have proper storytelling first last and always. that's all.  I was just bringing another side of the conversation that not everyone who is a person of colour (in this specific example a black woman has a problem with another black girl not wearing lipstick, not being super sexually active, and taking her time. because not everyone regardless of the age or race - wears make up, have multiple partners, etc). 

Trina not rushing (or being told not to rush) to me is not an issue because you shouldn't rush (in my personal opinion). i think personally  its nice to have someone not zoom to having love interests and partners because she has other things on her horizon. and I say this who is all about love story. 

I honestly didn't mean any insult. i am not taking away what others would like to see, I am simply just saying thatit is always a [racial] negative. I do apologize if what i said previously was dismissive to your feelings though. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, slayer2 said:

Yeah, I don't really understand this reasoning that ImposterNik and Liz hiding Esme is why Heather was killing people. Heather is crazy, she was killing people out of revenge it had nothing to do with whether Esme was lost or found. 

Liz said (I forget when) that they - she and Nikolas - knew Esme wasn't the Hook because she was at Wyndemere when Rory was murdered, meanwhile the PCPD weren't investigating other suspects since Esme was the presumed killer. So, she reasoned that Rory and Britt might still be alive if she and/or Nikolas came forward and said hey, you need to keep investigating because we know for sure Esme had an alibi at the time these two people were murdered. (But of course Nikolas is way too selfish to implicate himself in a crime for 'the greater good.')

I think she recently flat out said to Finn privately that she feels responsible for Britt's death. 

• Useful 4
5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Plus they both mentioned possible medical issues in the future (and the whole Marshall with the schizophrenia thing).  why leave it open ended.  

Maybe they will want to know in future. But at this point in time, if Trina is not emotionally ready to deal with the fact that Curtis might be her bio-dad, then he need to back away because the number one rule of parenting is to put your kids' needs above your own. Right now, all he is showing is that Taggart, whose only thoughts were for Trina, is a much better father than he is.

18 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Rumours are, James will be a match.  Which will be stupid since I thought there is an age limit to donors and he would be way too young to be tested, much lest transplanted.  

You have to be 18 to donate so that you can give consent. People over 60 are not allowed on the registry because of increased medical complications although presumably Obrecht would be allowed to since she would know the risks.

Since Willow's mother (Nina) is not a match, and Willow's great-aunt presumably is not a match, it would be strange to have Willow's cousin's child be the match. They would be better off testing Sainted Child Wylie who at least is the son of her twin.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

well i am black - and as i said for me personally - it doesn't bother me. but for me personally I dont watch television to be represented (for any aspect of my being) - i simply want really good stories. I never have. if others do - then i understand how it could be frustrating, but there are many people on both sides of the spectrum who simply just want to have proper storytelling first last and always. that's all.  I was just bringing another side of the conversation that not everyone who is a person of colour (in this specific example a black woman has a problem with another black girl not wearing lipstick, not being super sexually active, and taking her time. because not everyone regardless of the age or race - wears make up, have multiple partners, etc). 

Trina not rushing (or being told not to rush) to me is not an issue because you shouldn't rush (in my personal opinion). i think personally  its nice to have someone not zoom to having love interests and partners because she has other things on her horizon. and I say this who is all about love story. 

I honestly didn't mean any insult. i am not taking away what others would like to see, I am simply just saying thatit is always a [racial] negative. I do apologize if what i said previously was dismissive to your feelings though. 

I personally view Sprina as true love.  It's something deeper than whatever Joss has been doing with Cam and now Dex.  I just feel they do run the risk of making it sacred.  There's a fine line there.  You can have HOT sex and have a beautiful, pure love.  I don't want them to get this confused.  I was alarmed by the Willow characterization, for reasons that have been discussed here, so I won't go into it again.   

I also agree with other observations that they are flirting with infantizing Trina, and I don't care for that myself.  

• Like 10
5 minutes ago, CeChase said:

LOL oh I'm sure!  I actually am looking forward to those scenes. 

Trina isn't a teen anymore though.  I know not all young people have sex, but most college students do.  I just think that with no religious conservative upbringing, which Trina did not have, there is no reason for a young woman who is in love to not have sex.  I actually don't think there's a reason for her to not have sex without being in love, but the fact that her and Spencer are just mad about each other....hormones being what they are.  I don't buy it. 

but i guess the thing is. i dont think it has anything to do with religion either.  i am just going by when i was in college. a lot of my dorm mates were having sex. but there was also a lot of peoplein my circle and not all of them were religious) weren't.  i mean. sure  I will firmly wave my "I was a nun growing up." card  -but where i can see why people want to rush into bed (with or without deploying I love Yours). I can equally see why a lot of people don't - and I do appreciate (again this coming from someone who equally loves the smut) - that they also show people wanting to be wooed, taking it slowly, and not rushing  the intimacy either, no matter how much it make sense or simply because of age. 

3 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I personally view Sprina as true love. 

oh same. don't get me wrong. i was on the boat from day one.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I feel like you may be missing my point. It's certainly nice for you personally if you are unconcerned about representation however the fact remains that it makes a fundamental difference to how Black people and Black Women are received and perceived and it always had. I assumed you weren't Black because being a POC and being Black are not the same, hence BIPOC. There are certainly people who don't wear makeup and aren't sexually active however the point being in soap operas that's not the case. Historically a female character's sexual viability is denoted on soap opera's by her wardrobe, make-up, hair etc. And I have noticed Trina's beauty and femininity downplayed which does not bode well for her romantically.

By contrast Gia (who was played by a bi-racial actress) was a supermodel who was frequently seen in beautiful clothing, dolled up and very much comfortable displaying her sexual interest in Nikolas, she was not infantalized by her parents (brother really) and when he attempted so she pushed back. She had a career and a deep romance that didn't take a year and a half to build, she was treated like an adult and allowed to behave like one in romantic situations. 

It's fairly certain that the brakes are constantly being pumped on Trina's romantic life and as Sean Kanan pointed out (before he was unceremoniously axed) that's the kiss of death on a soap opera. You are only as good as your romantic viability which is why you will frequently see soap actors testing with scene partners for possible chemistry. There is no good reason for Trina to be 4 years on a soap in a YA storyline longing for a guy who has also been in love with her for over a year and a half. No good reason.

I see what @CeChase is saying regarding it potentially being an attempt at sacredness however I also agree it's a fine line and they are very much straddling it, about to fall off. I certainly don't think the show is purposefully making these choices however when you haven't much experience with BIPOC characters unless they have specific input and/or support from BIPOC writers in the writers' room (I think Michele Val Jean was writing when Keesha and the Wards were around) you will inevitably be ill-equipped to manage it and sooner or later you're going to hit some tropes.

Edited by slayer2
  • Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
48 minutes ago, Daisy said:

NIna gets a Trina-like character that super looks up to her, and they never think of willow again

Nina already has a surrogate daughter in Sasha and she managed to forgive her trying to pull a con on her. I could not wish more that she just let Willow go and focus on Sasha instead. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The dolts still haven't talked to Wiley about Willow's leukemia? 

Why would they have a serious conversation with their child when we know Willow's life will be saved at the 11th hour. 

She'll still be sick and need recovery time, so maybe tell him that? God, they're such cowards.

News flash, Willow: You are basically making people choose sides in the Nina situation. You're only letting Sasha stay because she said she can see your side and isn't pushing you to try to reach some sort of detente with Nina.

Jordan was way too gracious with Portia, but at least those two cleared the air a bit. Maybe now they'll butt out of each other's lives.

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Right now, all he is showing is that Taggart, whose only thoughts were for Trina, is a much better father than he is.

I'm not a fan of Curtis' but I see where he's coming from here.  Yes, he should totally let Trina lead here, and if he was showing up everyday pushing her, than that would annoy me.  But so far, it's been one conversation and an ask about the DNA test which she turned down.  

Taggert is going to be the better father hands down, partly because, well he's Taggert!!  But also because his relationship with Trina is different so those emotions and protectiveness that he's had for twenty years will kick in automatically. Plus he knows Trina's not going anywhere, that he'll be her father no matter what the DNA says.  

I just felt Trina was being selfish not getting the test done since she's not the only one involved here.  

edited:  anyone else notice the tight fitting jeans Willow was wearing today.  I've had two C sections and I guarantee you, I wasn't wearing jeans two days later.  It was sweats for days.  At least they had her wince when she got up to talk to Sasha.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Like 2
Just now, perkie1968 said:

I'm not a fan of Curtis' but I see where he's coming from here.  Yes, he should totally let Trina lead here, and if he was showing up everyday pushing her, than that would annoy me.  But so far, it's been one conversation and an ask about the DNA test which she turned down.  

Taggert is going to be the better father hands down, partly because, well he's Taggert!!  But also because his relationship with Trina is different so those emotions and protectiveness that he's had for twenty years will kick in automatically. Plus he knows Trina's not going anywhere, that he'll be her father no matter what the DNA says.  

I just felt Trina was being selfish not getting the test done since she's not the only one involved here.  

I could see that point a few months down the line perhaps however as someone who has (unfortunately) had my life retconned and still isn't particularly close with the "new family" I think it was out of line for Curtis to expect this right away. Time to process should be the minimum IMO.

• Like 6
8 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Nina already has a surrogate daughter in Sasha and she managed to forgive her trying to pull a con on her. I could not wish more that she just let Willow go and focus on Sasha instead. 

yeah but Sasha likes willow. 
I want Nina's new person to hate willow LOL

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
24 minutes ago, slayer2 said:

There is no good reason for Trina to be 4 years on a soap in a YA storyline longing for a guy who has also been in love with her for over a year and a half. No good reason.

Especially considering that I don’t see NAC staying on the show for very long and a recast is always hit or miss. Spencer has been back for 18 months I think and they have been teased since his first scene, which is an insanely long time to build a pairing 

ETA even worse, I actually think he’s been on the show longer than that but I can’t remember his debut date

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
Just now, ffwbe said:

Especially considering that I don’t see NAC staying on the show for very long and a recast is always hit or miss. Spencer has been back for 18 months I think and they have been teased since his first scene, which is an insanely long time to build a pairing 

I'm saying!! His contract has one more year on it and if their plan is to have him doing (however brilliantly) soliloquies at the Wyndemere wall and cooing over a baby for the next year I don't see him sticking around. He's already won an Emmy and although it's his first job a 3 year contract feels like a long time to a 23year old. That was a year and a half wasted for nothing.

• Like 1

From GH Wiki.

In 2018, Trina was dating a junior and hid some condoms in Josslyn's backpack so Trina's mother wouldn't find them. They fell out of Josslyn's backpack in front of Carly and Josslyn was forced to tell her mom the truth.

Yes, another lifetime ago, recasts ago, but still it happened.  Maybe Spencer makes her feel "Like a Virgin"?

• LOL 2
8 minutes ago, ciarra said:

From GH Wiki.

Yes, another lifetime ago, recasts ago, but still it happened.  Maybe Spencer makes her feel "Like a Virgin"?

I think they brought that scene up back when Sydney was in the role and she said she was putting on an act for her peers and wasn’t actually promiscuous. The first Trina was supposed to be the bad girl/party girl in the group in comparison to goody goody Joss, Cam and Oscar. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I don't think Obrecht knows that Britt died for Joss.

I am pretty sure in the elevator scene last week with Obrecht and Carly, Obrecht told Carly that Britt died so Joss could live.  Obrecht then asked Carly for a favor - for Carly to let Nina and Willow get close.  Of course, tears and pleas mean nothing to Carly.  To be fair, Carly did say that she might help Obrecht have a relationship with Willow.

Oh, if i wrote that elevator scene... .

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, slayer2 said:

Can someone explain the breakdown of the Cassadine lineage from Greek to Russian. It would seem Spencer has Greek on both sides since I think Mike was supposed to be Greek but how is Nikolas Greek and Russian? Is he a Greek Prince or A Russian one?

Please take this discussion to the History thread so as not to derail this one. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

I am pretty sure in the elevator scene last week with Obrecht and Carly, Obrecht told Carly that Britt died so Joss could live. 

I don't think so.  I think Carly was remembering that Joss told her that's what happened, but of course Carly didn't say it out loud.

• Like 6

Yes, Obrecht told Carly that she wouldn't not wish the loss of a daughter on amyone, not even Carly, and then there was a flashback to Calry remembering that Joss told her that Britt died saving her.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

News flash, Willow: You are basically making people choose sides in the Nina situation. You're only letting Sasha stay because she said she can see your side and isn't pushing you to try to reach some sort of detente with Nina.

So gracious of Willow to allow Sasha to keep her relationship with Nina instead of completely crossing to Willow's side. Joss would not be so kind. (see Cameron re Jason).

I can see Trina and Spencer as a True Love story, Spencer far more experienced but being careful with Trina because of his feelings for her (I hear Harlequin calling) but the problem is that Trina is the only Black woman under 40 on the show and so she is representing an entire generation of her race.  There are not enough Black characters on to show that Trina's story is in contrast to someone with a freer relationship life. (And with Portia and Curtis currently at odds, TJ is the only Black character currently with any sex life at all.) And as for Asian or Middle East characters, who are they? Not good, GH, not good.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Yes, Obrecht told Carly that she wouldn't not wish the loss of a daughter on amyone, not even Carly, and then there was a flashback to Calry remembering that Joss told her that Britt died saving her.

So gracious of Willow to allow Sasha to keep her relationship with Nina instead of completely crossing to Willow's side. Joss would not be so kind. (see Cameron re Jason).

I can see Trina and Spencer as a True Love story, Spencer far more experienced but being careful with Trina because of his feelings for her (I hear Harlequin calling) but the problem is that Trina is the only Black woman under 40 on the show and so she is representing an entire generation of her race.  There are not enough Black characters on to show that Trina's story is in contrast to someone with a freer relationship life. (And with Portia and Curtis currently at odds, TJ is the only Black character currently with any sex life at all.) And as for Asian or Middle East characters, who are they? Not good, GH, not good.

That's a good point too.  Mrs. Wu should be rocking a fabulous and varied sex life that's for sure!  

• Love 5

For some reason I got fixated on the scene in the interrogation room yesterday.  Scott is Elizabeth's FIL and Dante and Molly are cousins, but there are so many more connections between them.  Dante and Molly share a half sister.  He lives with her other half sister.  Elizabeth was married to Molly's father.  Scott was married to the grandmothers of 2 of Elizabeth's children.  Dante was married to Elizabeth's former SIL, who is the daughter to one of scotty's aforementioned wives.

Edited by Katy M
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Katy M said:

For some reason I got fixated on the scene in the interrogation room yesterday.  Scott is Elizabeth's FIL and Dante and Molly are cousins, but there are so many more connections between them.  Dante and Molly share a half sister.  He lives with her other half sister.  Elizabeth was married to Molly's father.  Scott was married to the mothers of 2 of Elizabeth's children.  Dante was married to Elizabeth's former SIL, who is the daughter to one of scotty's aforementioned wives.

It seems to to me that Dante is nearly related to just about everybody somehow and yet he still seems to behave like a judgemental ass and treat the entire town like utter trash from all I've ever witnessed. Quite a feat!

• LOL 5
53 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I don't think so.  I think Carly was remembering that Joss told her that's what happened, but of course Carly didn't say it out loud.

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I don't think Obrecht knows that Britt died for Joss. Heather told the police that she was going after Joss when she hooked Britt but no one has told Obrecht yet.

My bad. I watch with closed-captioning so i might have missed that line.  That elevator scene was pretty intense and well executed.  There is some serious talent on this show (from the more older and established portion of the cast).  That elevator scene was my favorite scene this year but MW wailing at Nik recently was a close second.   

• Like 2
3 hours ago, slayer2 said:

Yeah, I don't really understand this reasoning that ImposterNik and Liz hiding Esme is why Heather was killing people. Heather is crazy, she was killing people out of revenge it had nothing to do with whether Esme was lost or found. And frankly I find it bizarre people are even upset that they "kidnapped" Esme. She was getting good care and 3 square meals a day which is more than what she would have gotten in prison which is where she would have been if she wasn't locked up at Wyndemere.

The PCPD are inept so surely they would have uncovered nothing. But if this were real life, I think having the suspect in jail and available for questioning they might have found out more about her and deduced who her parents were. But I also don’t believe Heather was the Hook the whole time so who knows. 

I would still like for  Dr O to find out Joss was on the pier and Britt saved her and she still didn’t come forward. If Liz gets a slap, Joss should get something even worse. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Scott was married to the mothers of 2 of Elizabeth's children

You meant grandmothers right?!!  Cuz the mother of Liz' children would be Liz!!

But isn't it just one grandma--Laura (aiden)?  Because Jake's grandma is Susan Moore and we don't know Cam's grandma.  

Edited by perkie1968
(edited)
1 hour ago, racked said:

The PCPD are inept so surely they would have uncovered nothing. But if this were real life, I think having the suspect in jail and available for questioning they might have found out more about her and deduced who her parents were. But I also don’t believe Heather was the Hook the whole time so who knows. 

I would still like for  Dr O to find out Joss was on the pier and Britt saved her and she still didn’t come forward. If Liz gets a slap, Joss should get something even worse. 

Yeah I have to wonder if Heather was the hook the whole time myself. The minute it was revealed Esme was her daughter I knew they would make her the Hook but this reminds me of that Arrow storyline where they teased it for a season then randomly killed off the Black freaking Canary! I think the writers dug a hole and waited until the last minute to shove someone in it. Tbh it kind of feels like they forgot about the plot entirely for a little while.

I agree that there are some phenomenal older actors on the show. I'm particularly thrilled by Jeff Kober, it was exciting to see him pop up here having witnessed his work in the Buffyverse. I really enjoyed his prison scenes with NAC and Charles S.

Edited by slayer2
  • Useful 1