Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E08: Musical Chairs

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Did Kasie call McGee Bishop?  I could swear she did when they saw Nugget Dude on the screen.

Jack, TMI.  Ducky gave her some good advice. But, I can't care.

Gibbs, why does Jack need to "get McGee to lead?"  He's been in charge before.  He knows what he's doing.

• Love 1

I really don't care about Emily and her drug problems.  She's been on the show how many times and the "precocious" (obnoxious) kid we're supposed to adore.  Nope.  I'm just glad we didn't have sit thru her angst on the show.

Torres is getting more and more obnoxious each week.  He doesn't have the charm that Tony did so they need to just stop trying to make us think so.  

And Jack, lay off.  I don't care about your kid you put up for adoption but she's already told you once that she didn't want anything to do with you.  Push too hard and you'll be there again.  And if I were that older lady she forced to leave that table, grrrr.  I hate it when people interrupt me when I'm reading.  Wait your turn woman.

• Love 9

Jack was super annoying bothering that poor woman who was reading and blabbing on about her daughter. I also hate her pining after Gibbs.

Speaking of annoying daughters, I’m glad we didn’t see that insufferable Emily onscreen. I don’t care if her mom died- she sucks! 

I don’t mind Torres- gotten used to him and I love Wilmer so he can do no wrong. The case was interesting and I didn’t figure out the killer.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, twoods said:

he case was interesting and I didn’t figure out the killer.

I just wish they would focus more on the case and less on their personal lives. The stuff where McGee wants to go home because he's going to have the apartment to himself is fine because it's not really taking focus away from anything and it gives the characters a bit of character.  Same with Torres wanting to play the piccolo (which I actually might not mind seeing a couple of scenes of).  But, Jack's whole daughter thing is annoying.  I'm sure part of the reason I feel that way is that I can't stand Jack and don't understand what her character brings to the team. Which is probably why they have to give her this personal problem arc, otherwise she's just kind of there.  Just make her go away.

• Love 8

As soon as I saw the equipment manager, I knew he was guilty.

Other than that, I did really enjoy this case of the week.  It was quirky and different, and allowed for a lot of banter.  I lost track towards the end, my dog was demanding attention.  Did we ever figure out why Gibbs was AWOL without his phone, badge, and wallet?  Whatever happened to Rule #3: Never be unreachable?

Again, I missed the last part, but my assumption is that Jack's bio daughter needs the full medical history because she's pregnant, and Jack's gonna be a grandma, which is going to lead to more Jack angst.  I like Maria Bello, and I want to like Jack, but she's getting on my nerves with her dithering and tentativeness.  This is not the strong army officer we first saw.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, HurricaneVal said:

Again, I missed the last part, but my assumption is that Jack's bio daughter needs the full medical history because she's pregnant, and Jack's gonna be a grandma, which is going to lead to more Jack angst.  I like Maria Bello, and I want to like Jack, but she's getting on my nerves with her dithering and tentativeness.  This is not the strong army officer we first saw.

Agreed on all counts!  I think Jack's daughter is pregnant and I agree that Jack started out as a strong character and they've reduced her to this.  Maria Bello is a very good actress and deserves better than this part, but I guess it pays the bills... 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

my assumption is that Jack's bio daughter needs the full medical history because she's pregnant, and Jack's gonna be a grandma, which is going to lead to more Jack angst. 

I thought she was signing up to be an egg donor.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, eel21788 said:

I thought she was signing up to be an egg donor.

Would someone who is holding a grudge against her birth mother for giving her up for adoption really want to donate an egg to strangers?  That's like giving up a child for adoption before conception.

11 hours ago, Katy M said:

The stuff where McGee wants to go home because he's going to have the apartment to himself is fine because it's not really taking focus away from anything and it gives the characters a bit of character. 

Same with Torres wanting to play the piccolo (which I actually might not mind seeing a couple of scenes of). 

The thing about McGee's family being away only served to remind me how absolutely irrelevant Delilah and the twins are to anything plotwise ever, and I think that's a shame.

Torres wanting to play the piccolo makes no sense, and having learned that the band members were bad-ass still doesn't make it make sense for his character.

McGee not realizing that watching a history of tap dancing is nerdy, is beyond inconceivable.

I will say whatever they've done to Mark Harmon (hair cut, facial, plastic surgery?) over the past few weeks has worked...he has looked H-O-T, and for quite awhile he hasn't looked that way.  He started looking good before that kid neighbor, so they can't go with that angle.

I do like the way they have fairly naturally brought Ducky back in.

• Love 3

The writing seems so shallow, they just jump to conclusions all the time, and it's not even great logic. If it weren't for Kasie, they wouldn't have solved the crime.

I was super annoyed when Vance played the heavy and insisted they solve the crime quickly so Sec Nav wouldn't get mad. What is the purpose of saying that kind of stuff? Solving crimes takes time, unless you don't care if you've got the right guy.

I didn't like it when Torres and Bishop broke into the woman's apartment and accused her of being a murderer, and then when she figured out she might be the target, Torres still looked at her like it was all her fault and Bishop failed to say something professional like that is one of the possibilities, since they hadn't progressed very far in their detecting.

I keep waiting for the show to tick upwards, but it just hasn't been good. Sometimes it doesn't suck, and that's about the most I can say. And I have always loved this show -- still love the past seasons.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, twoods said:

Jack was super annoying bothering that poor woman who was reading and blabbing on about her daughter.

I thought that was the point - annoy her so she would leave and Jack could have the table for herself and her daughter.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Katy M said:

Would someone who is holding a grudge against her birth mother for giving her up for adoption really want to donate an egg to strangers?  That's like giving up a child for adoption before conception.

That's the irony of it. She's in dire financial straights, and the solution she comes up with is one she should abhor.

Edited by eel21788
29 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

That's the irony of it. She's in dire financial straights, and the solution she comes up with is one she should abhor.

How would donating an egg help her financial straits?  I have serious ethic issues with selling eggs when you aren't allowed to sell children or even organs or that matter, but that's another discussion for another time.

I know that mentioning that Delilah and the kids were going away was simply a plot device to set up the McGee-has-the-place-to-himself scenario, but I'm wondering how a wheelchair-bound Deliliah would manage to travel on (presumably) an airplane with two toddlers in tow.  Maybe someone was traveling with her (or maybe she wasn't going by plane), but still...

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, transitfan said:

I know that mentioning that Delilah and the kids were going away was simply a plot device to set up the McGee-has-the-place-to-himself scenario, but I'm wondering how a wheelchair-bound Deliliah would manage to travel on (presumably) an airplane with two toddlers in tow.  Maybe someone was traveling with her (or maybe she wasn't going by plane), but still...

I imagine Delilah is pretty self sufficient, most airlines have pre boarding for people with handicaps and kids. She may have been meeting  family at the other end.

• Love 1
On 11/20/2019 at 10:36 AM, HurricaneVal said:

I like Maria Bello, and I want to like Jack, but she's getting on my nerves with her dithering and tentativeness.  This is not the strong army officer we first saw.

I'm not a fan of the character, but I can see this.  She could be strong in areas where there is structure, rules and she knows what she is doing.  This is new, uncharted territory for her.

On 11/20/2019 at 1:56 PM, eel21788 said:

So slight season's spoilers

or speculations:

in a closed adoption, how are developments in the biological family history communicated to the adult child? Jack gave a medical history 28 years ago but what about conditions that are onset suddenly later. Maybe the adoption agency is out of business and can't transmit the updated history.

I assumed Faith wants to start a family and that Jack is too close to the situation to think of this. We fans are often a step ahead of NCIS.

Have Faith, 

On 11/20/2019 at 10:36 AM, HurricaneVal said:

spoilers: Was any one else cringing a bit while  two of the petty officers were  having  petty conversation on the welcome mat of the musician's flat. The delay, on tv, of critical moments could have meant the difference between an apprehension and an escape, a rescue and a bleed out. The gossip also apparently 

distracted the agents from realizing that the musician inside said apartment was the intended victim.The agents have worked as many cases as episodes that I have seen; they have the same evidence and retrospective that led me to deduce this logic . 

Edited by Welcome5431