Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: When Sparks Fly

• Start Topic

SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS - Macy (Madeleine Mantock) must fight a dangerous enemy to survive; Maggie’s (Sarah Jeffery) impromptu karaoke duet with Jordan (Jordan Donica) may lead to answers about her powers. Meanwhile, Mel (Melonie Diaz) and Harry (Rupert Evans) take a gamble on a demon who may know the Assassin’s whereabouts. Timothy Murphy guest stars. Brandi Bradburn directed the episode written by Jessica O’Toole and Amy Rardin (#206). Original airdate 11/15/2019.

This episode was weaker and a bit roundabout.  It started with the Darklighter as a threat and ended with... well, the Darklighter still a threat.  Except it's reset so they need to figure out he's a threat... again.  I'm tired of him.  

The poker game wasn't very interesting, nor Macy in captivity.  The whole episode felt like being trapped in an elevator.  

Pro tip: When you are about to run for your life from a deranged maniac, right before you bust out the window, don't change into a slinky dress and 4 inch stiletto heels.

That 400 pound demon that used one arm to hold Mel over his head by the throat, what did Mel do exactly to make him let her go. It looked like she brushed her foot across something of his?

• Love 1

Again, storyline not making sense. Why uncloak Macy's location? the only reason I can see is so Whitelighter Harry could orb into it.  And they had the location, but not the appartment number so how did they know which one it was?

And how exactly was Harry's favorite little red number available in the swanky place in NYC? (Although admittedly she looked amazing in it!)

How did Mel get out of the locked room to help with the poker game? 

I vaguely remember her using the invisibility potion,(Was that with the demon/overlord meeting? )  but how come she had some left in her little potion pack?

9 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Pro tip: When you are about to run for your life from a deranged maniac, right before you bust out the window, don't change into a slinky dress and 4 inch stiletto heels.

Yes!!!!. Not exactly  a useful escape outfit.

And can someone explain the power blocking stone? Darklighter Harry had it in his pocket, but as soon as Macy pickpocketed it she got her powers back?

So many questions. First of all, if Maggie thought she might get a premonition about Macy, why on earth did she think she would get it from touching Jordan? How the hell would he know where Macy is? Or, does she think her power only works if she touches Jordan? That's going to be a pretty useless power whenever Jordan's not around. And now it seems like it's not even her power, it's just his magic ring that gives her visions.

OK, so Mel uses a magic potion to shut down the power to the elevator by going to the circuit breaker where there is a clearly labeled switch for "elevator 1" and "elevator 2." Why not just shut off the switch?? God that was dumb.

Finally, I'm not following this whole Whitelighter/Darklighter thing at all. First, the elders pull all of the darkness out of Harry/James and trap it in a bottle, leaving Harry/James his own body, right? So, when the darkness escapes from the bottle, where does the second body come from? How can they both have a body? And how did he regenerate, or wake up, or whatever, in a grave for James? There's third body? Whose body was buried in that grave? Harry/James kept his own body when the Elders removed the darkness from him. 

I don't get it.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

So many questions. First of all, if Maggie thought she might get a premonition about Macy, why on earth did she think she would get it from touching Jordan? How the hell would he know where Macy is? Or, does she think her power only works if she touches Jordan? That's going to be a pretty useless power whenever Jordan's not around. And now it seems like it's not even her power, it's just his magic ring that gives her visions.

That is who Maggie was touching when she had her previous premonition. It turns out she was correct.

36 minutes ago, dini said:

I vaguely remember her using the invisibility potion,(Was that with the demon/overlord meeting? )  but how come she had some left in her little potion pack?

Mel has a "bag of magic tricks" that she keeps stocked with potions.

il_570xN_1012297824_hh5z.jpg.8e68d3e8d974650e48ee72c56c6106c9.jpg

40 minutes ago, dini said:

Again, storyline not making sense. Why uncloak Macy's location? the only reason I can see is so Whitelighter Harry could orb into it.  And they had the location, but not the appartment number so how did they know which one it was?

Darklighter James was hoping that Maggie and Mel would show up so he could capture them and hand them over to his "Master". I think there is some plot where Darklighter James has to capture all those magical creatures seen in the previous episode plus Maggie, Mel, Macy and Abigail (which is why he shot her previously) and hand them over to his "Master". The big mystery being who is the "Master".

• Love 4

Maggie's love interest is so boring, like of course he can also sing and has some magic family heirloom and also probably cooks for blind orphans on the weekends for free. It makes me actually miss Parker, or at least the later parts of the season when he got a bit more interesting. 

Last season was often rather dull, but it certainly had more life than this season does. I miss dealing with the college and the different fantasy creatures, this is mostly dull. While I do like some aspects of this season, like Abigail, the backstory of the white/darkliters, and the Macy/Harry ship stuff, its mostly just been boring. 

The life of a darklighter does sound pretty shit, even if they are pure evil, I guess I cant blame Dark Harry for being pissed. 

I'm more intrigued by this season than season one. Season one was boring at parts when they focused too much on their day to day lives and love interests. I like them this season when they are more focused on the task at hand. Even with Macy and Harry, they acknowledged that they have feelings for each other but didn't dwell on it too much. The only thing I'd change right now is to give Mel her powers back. As with the original recipe Charmed, I found Piper's time stopping power to be the most effective and fun. So it was great to see the same with Mel during season one. That power is missed this season.

• Love 3

In some ways, I like this season more and am more motivated to watch each week than with the first season, which felt like a lesser version of the original series.  I was sort of impressed they broke free from that formula in this second season and injected some freshness.  Nevertheless, this episode was tedious and the plot is now stagnating.  The ending of this one suggested it will be more of the same for the forseeable future, so that is making me lose interest.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

That is who Maggie was touching when she had her previous premonition. It turns out she was correct.

Yeah I get that but she had a premonition about him. I would assume if she touches somebody she has a premonition about that person. Why did she think she'd have a premonition about Macy by touching Jordan? Jordan doesn't have anything to do with Macy. 

Now, I get that this was all a contrivance to throw Maggie and Jordan together (again), and that it's really his ring that's giving her premonitions, but from Maggie's point of view it seemed like a really dumb assumption that she'd only get premonitions if she touched one particular person. If that were true her power would only work whenever that person was around. What kind of a dumb power would that be? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Yeah I get that but she had a premonition about him. I would assume if she touches somebody she has a premonition about that person. Why did she think she'd have a premonition about Macy by touching Jordan? Jordan doesn't have anything to do with Macy. 

It's also a new power for her. The only time she has had it was touching Jordan. She decides to start there and figure out how it actually works. It was a long shot, but it is the only shot they have.

• Love 1

This show consistently puts me to sleep. The pacing, the music, the plot. As much as I thought season one paled in comparison to the original and Chilling of Adventures of Sabrina which also debuted last year, it was miles better than the dreck the new showrunners are serving up. 

If any execs from the CW are reading this, please fire the current team and get someone else to sheer this ship in an entirely new direction! 

On 11/19/2019 at 8:14 PM, Rahul said:

If any execs from the CW are reading this, please fire the current team and get someone else to sheer this ship in an entirely new direction! 

Please no - this season is so much better to me than last season.  Sorry!

So Maggies plot is once again inserting herself into the middle of a couple until they inevitably break up so she can start dating the guy. 

what’s worse is that the writers seem to think this plot is cutesie.