Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: With Enemies Like These

Will discovers a way to finally get back at Jack for years of mocking his hairline. Grace is determined to prove to Mrs. Timmer she’s strong enough to handle being a single mother. Karen squares off against Stan’s brother in a poker game.

Original airdate: November 7, 2019

Will/Eric McCormack is neither fat nor balding. In fact, in regards to the former, I don't believe the actor has an ounce of body fat. It has always annoyed me that Jack constantly calls him fat and bald. I suppose if I were to justify it, I'd say Will understands that Jack is just projecting his own insecurities, but it still bugs me.

I think my favorite bit was Karen entering the office humming "dee da da, dee da da . . . wait . . . those aren't the lyrics." Also, the bit with the pizza delivery boy was pretty funny too.

This show may be pretty lowbrow and the writing can be lazy at times, but dammit I always get a few good laughs out of it and the cast sells the material like nobody else could.

Will/Eric McCormack is neither fat nor balding. In fact, in regards to the former, I don't believe the actor has an ounce of body fat. It has always annoyed me that Jack constantly calls him fat and bald. I suppose if I were to justify it, I'd say Will understands that Jack is just projecting his own insecurities, but it still bugs me.

I think my favorite bit was Karen entering the office humming "dee da da, dee da da . . . wait . . . those aren't the lyrics." Also, the bit with the pizza delivery boy was pretty funny too.

This show may be pretty lowbrow and the writing can be lazy at times, but dammit I always get a few good laughs out of it and the cast sells the material like nobody else could.

• Love 4

I've been watching a lot of the original run lately, and Eric McCormack was obviously not fat then, and he's even thinner now than he was then. I've never understood (or liked) the fat jokes at Will's expense.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

I never understood the fat jokes either. I kept wondering what I was missing. They weren't even "of course he's not fat and Jack's just crazy" jokes. They acted like it was serious.

17 hours ago, Eliza422 said:

I've been watching a lot of the original run lately, and Eric McCormack was obviously not fat then, and he's even thinner now than he was then. I've never understood (or liked) the fat jokes at Will's expense.

It's gay humor. Like calling Mariah Carey a skinny legend when she is not skinny at all.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2

I hope that Karen's storylines for the rest of the season aren't her separated from the group for the most part. I feel like she occasionally had an "alone" story in the old series (especially with Stan stories) but it already seems she is being segregated this season. I don't know what happened back stage but I hope they can suck it up for the last few episodes and work together. I don't want any fake terrible split screen Kalinda/Alicia Good Wife scenes.

The Will is fat stuff always was odd to me. Jack has more meat on his bones than Will does at this point (although he isn't "fat" either) so maybe he's just projecting. But even the most vain gay man would not think he was fat if he looked like Will. Good work on the bald caps though. I assume Jack's luscious locks will be back next episode.

• Love 2

I always found the fat jokes to be totally in character for Jack. It mirrors how he always exaggerates his own talents and looks. Will is far more successful and most would say more attracive than Jack (which Jack has admitted a couple times), so it is Jack's nature to try to tear Will down in some way that he can feel he has something up on Will. They do it with a unspoken wink between them, like it's a running joke at this point. 

It reminds me of when my super fit and thin friend says she is doing a 7-peak challenge on Saturday and, instead of being supportive, I am like, really only 7, I would not get out of bed to climb less than 10 peaks. It's just some snarky fun.  

• Love 4
On 11/9/2019 at 7:27 PM, andidante said:

I keep hoping Grace's pregnancy will be a bad dream, but I guess it won't go that way! LOL

In the next revival, when Will & Grace are pushing 60 but having the same shenanigans, they will have retconned the pregnancy as a dream and there will be no child.