Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E05: Tailgate N Go, NerdiT Now, MyoStorm, Golfkicks

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

A portable product designed to bring all the convenience of a kitchen to the outdoors; a mobile solution to help with gadget repair; a sports design that transforms sneakers into golf shoes; a product that helps relieve body pain.

21 minutes ago, rhys said:

The camping box was cool but kinda spendy. 

I don't see how the computer/gadget repair thing is going to work.

I don’t either. Is there a place to type in what the problem is with your device when you put it in the “refrigerator,” as Kevin called it? I’m glad there is a phone/computer repair shop that I trust where I live. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I don’t either. Is there a place to type in what the problem is with your device when you put it in the “refrigerator,” as Kevin called it? I’m glad there is a phone/computer repair shop that I trust where I live. 

Yeah, I don't get the appeal of this at all.  There are SO many places that fix screens.  My daughter had also cracked more than her fair share of screens and we've NEVER had to leave the phone there for more than a couple of hours.  We usually just wait around while they fix it.  We also have insurance on our phones so it only costs $29.99 to get them fixed if we take it to someplace that accepts the insurance- and there's lots of little shops that take the insurance, not just the Apple stores.

I don't golf, but I also didn't get the appeal of those things you literally have to screw into the soles or your shoes.  Doesn't that ruin the shoe?  They sell lots of "stylish" golf shoes now.  My husband (back when he golfed YEARS ago) bought several pairs that looked just like sneakers.  You can't tell me in the interim time that the market hasn't expanded on that.  When they first showed the bottom of the sneaker, I thought it was going to be something that just attached to the bottom of the shoe that just popped on and off.  

The tailgating thing is kind of cool, but very pricey.  Plus, it still doesn't solve the problem of forgetting the salt lol. Yeah, you have a sink, but you still have to stock the food, plates, silverwear, condiments, etc.  

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

The tailgating thing is kind of cool, but very pricey.  Plus, it still doesn't solve the problem of forgetting the salt lol. Yeah, you have a sink, but you still have to stock the food, plates, silverwear, condiments, etc.  

I think you leave everything in the box (except the food). That's the whole point I took away .

My brother golfs & I think his golf shoes pretty much resemble high dollar Nikes.

• Love 2

Here, a Walmart commercial featuring an outdoor tailgating grill for $197 followed the segment for the Sharktank tailgating grill. And yes, you still have to pack everything to cook outside. Maybe the spatula comes with the expensive grill, but if you leave it on the picnic table when you pack up for home, you still don't have a spatula to use next time.

I thought the golf shoe cleats would be some kind of step on item like crampons for ice hikers. Screwing those things on the bottom of your sneakers pretty much ruins the sneakers, and if the soles aren't thick (didn't they say 3/4 inch?), you have screws poking into your feet. 

I didn't like any of the offers this week, but I did LOL when the grill people thanked everyone for the opportunity to be there and got ready to leave when one of the sharks said they could make a counter offer. Then they got a deal. And after almost goofing up the script!

• Love 2

Maybe I'm not understanding the camp box. I figured it came with the hot pad, spatula, whisk, towels, soap, flatware, dishes, cookware, matches, etc etc whatever one needs to go camping or tailgating minus food. All you add is food.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, PBnJay said:

I didn't like any of the offers this week, but I did LOL when the grill people thanked everyone for the opportunity to be there and got ready to leave when one of the sharks said they could make a counter offer. Then they got a deal. And after almost goofing up the script!

You forgot the pre-requisite sob story with the deaf (sorry, hearing impaired) person.  When you have to have a sob story to get a deal, I have no respect for your product.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

A bunch of duds this week. Camper stuff was too expensive. I must be the only one that has never broken their phone or tablet. $10 case and my phones have remained like new even after dropping. Not gonna ruin my shoes for golf. The only item that looked ok was the massage ball but it is way over priced. Was glad that she emphasized that they need to get the price down below $100, especially with those margins. Looked like something you would find at Sharper Image.

The way they do offers is so inconsistent. Sometimes they let everyone who is in make an offer. Other times you have guys like Cuban that will give them 10 seconds to take it or he is out. Last week we had sharks running to the hallway to make a deal. Seeing that these are real offers and real businesses that they should at least let everyone get their offer out and then you can hardball them if you want. It is just fake drama forcing a decision without hearing all offers and honestly if they took it I wouldn't trust their decision making.

• Love 8

I liked the tailgating product; that would be a great item for serious tailgators/campers/weekend hikers.  I'm surprised none of the Sharks mentioned the idea of making some kind of co-branding deal with various college sports teams.  You'd better believe a lot of even modest-income people would shell out the big bucks for that!

The do-it-yourself golf shoes seemed like something Rodney Dangerfield would have bought in "Caddyshack" (along with the box of orange balls and the naked lady tees). LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, Gregg247 said:

I liked the tailgating product; that would be a great item for serious tailgators/campers/weekend hikers.  I'm surprised none of the Sharks mentioned the idea of making some kind of co-branding deal with various college sports teams.  You'd better believe a lot of even modest-income people would shell out the big bucks for that!

The do-it-yourself golf shoes seemed like something Rodney Dangerfield would have bought in "Caddyshack" (along with the box of orange balls and the naked lady tees). LOL

I thought the dad mentioned that or did I misremember?

• Love 1

I think I can see the appeal of the golf spikes idea as a golfer. A portion of the appeal of golf is the gear. It's always fun to try out a new club, a new bag, different kinds of golf balls. It's interesting that a shark who doesn't like Golf went ahead and made the offer. I guess money is money.

Not gonna lie, at one point I had my eyes on a pair of Ecco golf shoes. They were nice looking, but more importantly, they were made from Tibetan Yak Leather. I really wanted to be standing on the tee as one of my friends was about to hit and saying, "Did I tell you my new shoes are made from Tibetan Yak?"

Sadly, they were too narrow for my feet so I got a decent pair of FootJoys and called it a day.

On 10/28/2019 at 2:37 PM, PBnJay said:

I thought the golf shoe cleats would be some kind of step on item like crampons for ice hikers. Screwing those things on the bottom of your sneakers pretty much ruins the sneakers, and if the soles aren't thick (didn't they say 3/4 inch?), you have screws poking into your feet.

1/3 of an inch and I also didn't understand why people would want to screw holes in their shoes.

On 10/28/2019 at 8:02 PM, lynxfx said:

The way they do offers is so inconsistent. Sometimes they let everyone who is in make an offer. Other times you have guys like Cuban that will give them 10 seconds to take it or he is out. Last week we had sharks running to the hallway to make a deal. Seeing that these are real offers and real businesses that they should at least let everyone get their offer out and then you can hardball them if you want. It is just fake drama forcing a decision without hearing all offers and honestly if they took it I wouldn't trust their decision making.

This drives me absolutely nuts and that's why I like Dragon's Den in Canada.  Everybody who is interested in making an offer does so, and then the pitchers accept/negotiate/whatever.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, aemom said:

1/3 of an inch and I also didn't understand why people would want to screw holes in their shoes.

The idea is that you get to make your own golf shoes and not have to pick from whatever is available to you at the sporting goods store. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

The idea is that you get to make your own golf shoes and not have to pick from whatever is available to you at the sporting goods store. 

Especially if you are only going once or twice and not sure if you want to invest the $$.

4 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Especially if you are only going once or twice and not sure if you want to invest the $$.

Well, true. Plus you can make some funky special golf shoes with the cleats and if you love the shoes, buy a second pair to wear regular. I can see the benefit but now I can't remember if the person got a deal.

The golf cleats weren’t about saving money on golf shoes if you don’t play much, it was about being a golfer who wants cool golf shoes. They’re meant for golfers who play a lot and think that normal golf shoes are ugly and uncool. So the idea was that you shouldn’t buy the ugly golf shoes when you can just buy cool sneakers and turn them into golf shoes. The buyers aren’t ruining cool sneakers by adding cleats— they’re making cool golf shoes that they plan to get use out of. 

• Love 1

In my admittedly limited experience, they do the repairs and then when you pick it up they have you log in and try 2-3 very specific things, which are intended as the standard "test" beyond what they do after just powering it up. I imagine this company does the same thing.