Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Scorched Earth

spinxella
  • Start Topic

As Ghost and Tommy move forward with their plan to kill Jason Micic, Tommy enacts a plan of his own. Dre uses a cleverly devised ruse to force Tommy’s organization to rebel against him. Tommy gets his comeuppance when he is faced with battling for his life against the kin of one of his past victims.

This was the nonsense Power hour! They made sure all participants need to have an anger towards Ghost!

Epiphany was the only smart one this episode leaving Tasha.

WTF! In two seconds Tariq knows Tasha killed Keisha but Tommy, Blanca and Saxe can't! No anger from Tariq towards Tasha for the killing her but he rationalizes Ghost is not his father (Unreal!!!!). I was waiting for Ghost to knock him out!

Tasha showed no sign of real remorse/guilt for killing her best friend (back to the daycare to make that money)?

Everyone saw the bruise and immediately blamed Ghost. 

The police just roll upon the daycare after one anonymous tip?

See ya Benny! You proved you have an army in a previous episode, but you decide to go at Tommy alone! Why?

I thought Saxe was fired. Why is Blanca and Dre running to him?

Seriously! How long has Terry's car been parked in that spot? It should have been towed long ago and no one walked by and caught a smell? Tasha tells them the location and she is not a fucking suspect?

Ghost was so full of himself with Rashard!!! I ask again, why would Lorette Walsh pick Ghost and not do her homework on him? Now Jason is killed in the building she met him in! Put two and two together woman!

Rashard is wasting time telling Ghost he will expose him. Just call the police with an anonymous tip (they proved they will listen and take it seriously).

Why would Ghost ask Tommy to place the gun in the elevator box and not the security guard (he didn't want to pay extra)? Ghost thought the "Godfather" trick was going to work but it didn't. 

See ya Jason! You were prepared for Ghost with the wire in the watch and still blew it. Did Jason really need a text from Tommy? He didn't see Ghosts open the elevator box and try to reach for something. Did he think he was looking for candy or instructions on how to tie his laces?

What was that guard with the flashlight doing at the top of the roof when Dre arrived? Did he miss the body lying right in front of the door and go straight to the top? Wasn't the plan to have Dre arrested there? How was he able to leave the building? Maybe the front lobby guard didn't recognize him. Ghost should have given a better description and said he looks like Tony the Tiger!

Q still haven't learned to stay away from Tasha!

Could Dre wait until everything is done before he pops champagne with his crew and calls Jason?

Two Bit and Spanky can see Tommy but the 20+ police and FBI can't?

Jason doesn't have connections in the police to know if Tommy is going to be arrested?

Those old footage of Tasha, she looked different.

Are there any other employees at Truth? It seems Ghost is always the only one there!

Ghost's has no security in his apartment? They just let Dre go up? And Saxe doesn't know who owns the phone or what's on it but needs to plant it in Ghost's apartment.

Kadeem, I'll answer for Tommy: hell no he will not see Cash again!

Can the teacher look a little professional, iron his shirt and not appear drunk or on drugs.

I saw Angela's sister in the preview. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a "Who shot Ghost?" mid season finale with all the threats tossed at him!

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Why is Dre still alive?!?! I know why Tariq is (and they can keep it cuz I'm not even going to waste my time with that). 

Jesse Williams, not the greatest actor but he's fine as hell. 

This is a disappointing final season, to say the least. But the opening credits still bump! 

• Love 5

How is it that Ramona still has no clue about James' background? Lt. governor? That's hysterical.

James knows better than to trust Tommy. Jason should've known better than to trust James. And no one should trust Dre ever.

Tariq's teacher is shady. Why would he rat Tariq out to James like that? Something is off with that guy.

Tasha is nuts for confessing to killing Keisha to Tariq. Push comes to shove that brat will sell her out to save himself.

Geez, Benny should've just shot Tommy. Close combat is always an iffy proposition. Proctor's daughter will probably have to go into foster care now. Maybe she'll strap up and try to kill Tommy too. 😑

It was snitching and backstabbing galore in this episode! Whee!

Jesse Williams, not the greatest actor but he's fine as hell. 

He is but I actually recoiled at the face and neck tattoos. Which of course were faked for the role but ugh.

• Love 3

Why would Tommy's crew assume he would set them up? He isn't exactly a loose ends type of guy. They know all about his organization.

Benny certainly went out without a bang. I guess he wanted to use a knife to make Tommy suffer longer but apparently he needed to get some more upper arm strength first. 

I love how Tasha and Tariq both know each other so well. He could just look at her and tell she killed Keisha. 

And why would Tash let the detectives in her apartment after all that just happened? I would have told them I want to help and I want her case solved, but I won't talk to either of you. 

And on Dre planting the phone that just screams unlikely and planted.  So James kills Silva gets away with it for how long now? But yet, he just refuses to get rid of the victim's phone. In fact, he wants to keep it so badly that he moves it with him everytime he moves. So even after his place got shot up and he had swarms of cops there he still decided yes, I still want to keep this phone in my new place. 

I also hate how Ghost kept arguing with Tariq. He just always has to get the last word and try to one up everyone. He is such a petty little hypocrite. He wants to be so respected and unquestioned but he is such a piece of crap himself and never takes any responsibility. It's always someone else's fault. Tariq doesn't respect him because he acted so ridiculous for so long. Then he bails him out of every problem all while just fussing and making idle threats. He is such a joke. 

Edited by andreamf15
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, andreamf15 said:

I love how Tasha and Tariq both know each other so well. He could just look at her and tell she killed Keisha. 

If anyone knows the look of a bullshit liar lying, it's Tariq.

The 2nd Ghost/Tasha scene was crazy.

All these people dying and yet Tariq is still alive?  I really, REALLY hate this freakin' kid now.

Benny tried to get cute and it didn't work out for him.  Elisa Marie is really fucked now.  Although a Power spin-off of her growing up to become a hitwoman who kills Tariq could pique my interest.  Nah... I want him dead now.  

Oh Saxe... when given a chance of doing the right thing and the stupid thing, he's always chooses stupid.

Dre is just a damn cockroach now, huh?

• Love 4

Seriously! How long has Terry's car been parked in that spot? It should have been towed long ago and no one walked by and caught a smell? Tasha tells them the location and she is not a fucking suspect?

I'm saying! Terry's been dead for months and no one smelled his decomposing body? Not a soul noticed the car that's been parked there for a long-ass time? Tasha gives the most specific location ever and the cops don't question how she knows that?

And Dre apparently teleported off the roof. How the fuck did he get down when there was a security guard(?) that spotted him? Even if he did manage to take the elevator back down and escape, cops were on their way, how'd he sneak past them? This is why I'm OK with Power ending. The ridiculousness is too damn much this season.

That being said, I liked all the double-crossing that went on. I'm looking forward to the mid-season finale since the stage has been set.

I'm surprised Benny went out so quickly. Poor Elisa Marie has no one now.

Why do people do this on TV? If you know dirt on someone, drop a dime through the appropriate channels, don't confront them! Tate's over here overplaying his hand.

I can't even with this nonsensical lieutenant governor shit with Ghost. Ramona's a supposed high-level political operative and she did no research on Ghost? She wants the D that bad?

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

He is but I actually recoiled at the face and neck tattoos. Which of course were faked for the role but ugh.

He also muttered. I had to put the caption on.

I laughed at Tasha's employee with the blue wig. There was a moment during the raid when she looked like "I don't know about all this" and flipped her hair.

10 hours ago, nasir jones said:

Elisa Marie is really fucked now. 

I kept thinking that. I assume it's the foster system for her, and given how much death she's seen in such a short period of time, I assume she's going to be REALLY messed up for a very long time. She needs years of therapy that odds are good she won't get.

10 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

I can't even with this nonsensical lieutenant governor shit with Ghost. Ramona's a supposed high-level political operative and she did no research on Ghost? She wants the D that bad?

She practically salivates when he's near her. She's thirsty as hell.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Ramona's a supposed high-level political operative and she did no research on Ghost? She wants the D that bad?

Apparently so.

I rolled my eyes during most of the episode.

Edited by GodsBeloved
20 hours ago, funnygirl said:

I know why Tariq is (and they can keep it cuz I'm not even going to waste my time with that). 

What?  Is he supposed to be in the Power sequel?

That nukka should have been beaten Rodney King style for how he was talking to his father.  Shit, since he so wants to be a wankster Ghost should have called all his drug contacts and told them that he has nothing to do with Tariq....let the little fucker see how far he'd get without all those contacts and help then.

That's a shame that Tommy won't see Cash anymore.

I was scared when Ghost put hands on Tasha....damn, he's one of those people that has the type of temper that you don't want to see.

Ramona, you want Ghost's dick like a fish needs water, don't you?  I hope Tate gets something on her and humiliates her ass.

• Love 2

I thought Benny was supposed to be a bad ass.  He comes to kill Tommy with the world's tiniest knife.  Proctor did a better job of defending himself than Benny did.   Who is gonna raise Elisa Marie now?  So Ghost manhandles Tasha but Tariq gets nothing not even a smack across the face.  Even though Tommy is a pyscho, I want him to win.  My theory is Ghost and Tommy end up in jail.  I want Tasha, Tariq, Sax, Dre dead!!!!

• Love 4

My favorite comment from reddit was that Benny literally bought a knife to a gun fight. So not smart for a supposed mafia heavyweight.

Back to Elisa Marie, what ever happened to that SD chip Proctor put in a necklace for her to keep? Presumably it has all the dirt on Ghost, Tommy, Saxe, Angela, etc. Wonder if that will come into play or if the writers have forgotten about it? Maybe the spin off show can fast forward enough years to let an older version of her use that to come back for revenge.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 10/27/2019 at 8:05 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Proctor's daughter will probably have to go into foster care now. Maybe she'll strap up and try to kill Tommy too. 😑

The Saga of Proctor's Daughter is the only sequel I have any interest in whatsoever.  Her parents were both shady fuckers, but she's Girl Bruce Wayne.

Edited by areca
  • Love 7
On 10/29/2019 at 11:54 AM, MZ. ATTITUDE said:

Did everybody just forget bout BG!?

Nobody has found his body yet!?!?

That was my big question from the episode.  Also, who the hell was that other dude all up in the warehouse.  

And everybody was snitching left and right.  I hope they all end up in a shoot out and everyone dies except Elisa Marie and Cash (and Cash's sexy ass dad too.  I can put up with that mumbling all night long!).

• Love 2

Ramona is so fucking dumb I’m so mad. 

FUCK GHOST. How dare he put his hands on Tasha- his WIFE after everything she’s done for him! And threaten to take Yaz away??? Omg he should be lucky Tasha didn’t stab him right there. For once I’m on Tariq’s side on that one. 

But fuck Tariq how is he still alive omg?? This is too much.