Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Billboard Justice

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

An over-the-top beginning (pouring on the greed despite their routinely fighting for the underdog against impossible odds), but an inspired ending. Did I miss an offer to settle at the end when the threat of reprisal got a pin stuck in it (and offer refused)? One more time, guys:  "No" means no!

• Love 1

Every time I'm done watching an episode I'm left with the feeling that the writers think Bull is far more likable than he actually is. It started off shaky but I've got to admit that "she really loved that horse" got a smirk out of me. An interesting thing I noticed. What exactly is Marissa's job title? It irked me that, in her absence, things that seem like assistant duties fell to Dani (investigator; former FBI) and then Taylor (cyber expert; former Homeland Security) while the menfolk weren't expected to pick up any slack. I felt insulted for Taylor that the former HSec. analyst got stuck with personal calendar duty while Chunk got to work on his coursework, presumably on the clock, when he used to just be the image consultant.

• Love 6

I thought the beginning was a little ridiculous.  I mean how was hearing an allegation a breach such that they couldn't even meet with the guy? is that really a thing? It's not like Benny interviewed her or anything, he walked out

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I really did like what the janitor said to Chunk, but did the writers actually think that they had created a scene where the audience would be surprised to find out that he was the janitor and not a pastor?

Writer's room, about 11 PM. Much alcohol consumed.

Writer #1: I've GOT it! We'll have Chunk go to a church and ask to talk to someone and the guy there will give him the sage advice we have written out and Chunk will say "Thank you, pastor" and leave and THEN .... we'll reveal that it's really the janitor giving him advice!

Writer #2: YES! This is literally the most brilliant scene ever written, never done before approximately 12304987234 times!

Writer #3: (holds up beer for a toast) We really are blazing new trails, settling new territory, writing unprecedented TV.

---

Otherwise, I thought this episode was generally forgettable and full of the traditional plotholes we've come to know and love. The whole first scene was weird, with not-Cable (I still can't remember her name but it took me the entire first season to remember Cable, so I've still got time) being all emotional and Bull being all I don't care. I don't understand why pastry shop lady's testimony would mean squat as far as asshole mogul being tried for THIS incident. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I am thinking the pastor that turned out to be the janitor talking to Chunk will turn out to be a pastor that does janitorial work at his church in future episodes and will continue to talk to Chunk.  

Like the thought that Chunk’s daughter’s baby might be Bull’s daughter’s boyfriend/husband that was shown earlier.  Do you think anyone thought that far ahead?

• Love 2
On 10/24/2019 at 5:19 PM, JessDVD said:

I don't understand why pastry shop lady's testimony would mean squat as far as asshole mogul being tried for THIS incident. 

I think it was a pet supply shop - I believe those were dog treats on the counter and it tied in with the fact that she was a dog walker for the rich guy.  Regarding her testimony, this was a civil trial - not a criminal trial.  He wasn't going to jail as a result of this case and civil cases have lower threshold for burden of proof.  They just needed to convince half the jury that he assaulted her.  When you have another person testify that he also raped her, it makes the people more open to believing her raped the dancer.

• Love 2
On 10/23/2019 at 5:58 PM, jabRI said:

I thought the beginning was a little ridiculous.  I mean how was hearing an allegation a breach such that they couldn't even meet with the guy? is that really a thing? It's not like Benny interviewed her or anything, he walked out

Exactly, and they already had a meeting scheduled with the guy.  That seems like it would take precedence.

Hubby and I are both getting tired of the "they always take the right side, and pretty much always win".  

• Love 1
On 10/24/2019 at 5:19 PM, JessDVD said:

I don't understand why pastry shop lady's testimony would mean squat as far as asshole mogul being tried for THIS incident. 

Presuming the jury believed her, it would make the Plaintiff looked as though he lied when he said he never raped anyone, which would dent his credibility about the incident concerning the Plaintiff. 

On 10/22/2019 at 11:14 PM, Netfoot said:

How Taylor wasn't fired, I don't know.

A thousand times this.  Even if Taylor was entirely right, she's shown that she is not to be trusted.