Type keyword(s) to search

Tori and Bobby: Whine Time!

• Start Topic

On 6/15/2020 at 8:12 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Tori and Carlin definitely strike me as the most immature of the girls. At least Tori doesn't hold Kolter (I think that's the baby's name) like a sack of potatoes ala Carlin. 

Tori has some actual skill in being a caregiver/mother. Granted some of the poses in the Smith family photoshoot they posted the other day are a little awkward. There is one where she is holding Kolter and Bobby is holding Kade. But from the angle it looks like Kade climbed up there and is about to put Kolter in a chokehold. 

We haven't seen yet, but I have a feeling that Tori may be a little like Michelle Duggar in that she loves the whole baby time but loses interest as the child(ren) age. Kelly Jo has this issue to, but less than Michelle. Kelly Jo loved being pregnant and having the baby (attention) and then it was pass the baby off to work on the next. She doesn't show interest again until they are older and she can harangue people into marrying them.

Tori doesn't seem to have the most patience. That little bit of teaching we saw from her showed a woman who is annoyed at interruptions. How is she going to be with 6 or 7 kids under 7?

• Love 4

The sister pregnancy race continues. Tori is expecting her third. IDK exactly how old her kids are now but I think they're prob only 9-12 months apart. Isn't she too lazy for 3 kids in roughly 3 years?? This one is a girl who'll be ~14-15 months younger than the last kid due June 2021.

Kind of blows me away that these people will have given birth not just ONCE but TWICE during the same pandemic?? Their 2nd kid was born at the start of the pandemic so prob March-Apr 2020 bc they made a big deal about how her 37 sisters couldn't be there and Bobby went on about how nice the anesthesiologist was because he held up the phone during the pushing phase so she could talk to her sisters!? IDK how one does that but in this family maybe you don't push, the baby just crawls out. If this one is due in June 2021, fingers crossed things are better as more and more people are vaccinated and we'll be into hotter temperatures by then, but things may not be so normal yet in hospitals that they'll allow you to bring your 37 relatives to your birth. Maybe this is Bobby's planning -- have as many kids as possible while the world is closed and win win, you don't have to deal with your inlaws at the hospital/in the days immediately after; you know Kelton is telling him this given that he hates his inlaws. I'm guessing they're hoping Kelton/Josie also have a girl bc being born in the same month -- built in cousin besties, which gives Bobby and Kelton MORE reason to hang out together even outside of work.

Edited by cereality
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Do you have a link to Tori's announcement? She didn't post anything on IG. Thanks!

Never mind... found it! Charlotte Raine? Okay...

😊span widget

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Can't get rid of that smiley or post the article
  • Love 3

Wow. 14 months apart?  That's nuts.  

I think Tori is one of the biggest Kool Aid drinkers of the girls.  I can see her being Kelly 2.0, but how can they afford it?  I can't imagine Kelton is paying Bobby a ton of money.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

I think Tori is one of the biggest Kool Aid drinkers of the girls, IMO.  I can see her being Kelly 2.0, but how can they afford it?  I can't imagine Kelton is paying Bobby a ton of money.

And IIRC correctly Bobby is only one of 3 kids himself -- I believe he has 2 sisters. From what we saw of his home/parents when he was courting, he grew up upper middle class -- large size single family home in Fla with a pool, huge yard that backs up onto a lake etc. Even his college apartment (which I imagine his parents paid for though he had Kelton as a roommate so it wasn't a private apt) was a nice relatively new-ish apartment on/walkable to the beach. This isn't a guy who grew up in a shack with his 37 siblings nor in a family which was stretching one pot of soup 50 ways or vying for leftovers if mom and dad got to go out to dinner and bring home the remaining bite of steak. Yet if he ends up having a kid yearly for the next 5-10 years, his life will be closer to how the Bates grew up rather than how he grew up. Though I guess he cemented that when he moved into a trailer to be close to his sweetie post-college; his parents never looked thrilled at his choice of girlfriend/wife/inlaws. I wonder what they're thinking now. With 3 grandkids, they may be ok -- they got a Robert Smith IV, that child got a brother, and now a granddaughter. But given that their son is 25 and will have this many kids within 3.5 years of marriage AND is married to a woman whose family thinks 10 or 15 kids is normal, they may be hoping the baby train slows/stops.

• Love 16
10 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I think Tori is one of the biggest Kool Aid drinkers of the girls.  I can see her being Kelly 2.0, but how can they afford it?  I can't imagine Kelton is paying Bobby a ton of money.

If the baby is born when due, that's 15 months apart. Kolter (#2) was born early so maybe closer to 14 months. 

• Useful 2
17 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Does Tori have the clotting condition? I can't remember.

Yes. She didn't know she did when she was pregnant with Kade. She had a normal pregnancy with Kade. Then for some reason, she found out she had the condition during her pregnancy with Kolter. 

• Useful 1
On 1/19/2021 at 9:32 PM, Spazamanaz said:

I don't know much about the bates family, so I am genuinely asking... how do you know that Kelton hates his in-laws? 

Kelton is 4 years older than Josie. He met her/saw her someplace (I want to say it was something like a piano recital) when he was about to head off to college -- he would have been 18 and Josie would have been 14. He was interested in dating her then, which I think in their world just means being friends/texting her or getting together with their siblings in tow, nothing physical. Gil said no they couldn't communicate at all. He was hurt by that -- probably bc he was like I'm a Godly man, not trying to have sex with your daughter, I'd just like to text with her from college, maybe visit your family when I could home for the holidays etc. So apparently he was so offended by it that it STILL comes up -- or at least we heard it when he was 23-ish and getting married to her. When setting up her courtship ask, he was talking to his dad about how tough that time was and Dad told him, go to college, get a degree/live your life, become the type of man Josie wants to be with; though I suspect the problem wasn't that JOSIE wasn't interested, it was that mommy/daddy were so controlling that they wouldn't even allow her to text a boy and see if they grew interested or not. And then even at his freaking wedding rehearsal toast, best friend Bobby talked about how Kelton had such a hard time knowing he couldn't be with Josie but at the same time was such a good friend that he was encouraging Bobby to get with Tori even though it'd mean Bobby would get to come up to the Bates' and hang with Tori but Kelton wouldn't hang with Josie!?

The Bates don't see it as an issue -- when he finally started dating her and asked to marry her, they thanked him for waiting until they were comfortable. So I think they see it as water under the bridge but it's unclear whether he does.

And then more generally, it's just his demeanor when he's with the Bates. I think he just got off on the wrong foot with them and sees them as annoying, controlling rubes. Like he doesn't even try to engage in the BS of Law, Nathan, and Trace. He seems to like Zach but I think it's also bc he sees that Zach is over his parents. When he was talking about asking the Bates' permission to get engaged, he and Josie went to dinner with Z&W and Z basically rolled his eyes and was like -- just tell my dad you've been praying about it and God laid it on your heart that Josie is your wife, how's he gonna argue with that?? Lol. I also think he wants a life like Zach's -- he's willing to work hard for a nice home, vacations, a life without 37 kids etc.  Thank goodness best friend Bobby married into the family bc at least he has someone to hang with when he's forced to go to I Love You day etc. The general lack of interest in the Bates probably also stems from the fact that he's close with his own family -- having been raised by his widower father, having siblings who are still teens/early 20s and being interested in how they turn out etc. -- and his family is in the same area. So I think he realizes if he lets the Bates in too much, they're the loud obnoxious types that are given an inch and take a mile and he'll be spending every holiday and birthday with them (like best friend Bobby) and they'll make sure his family is left out, his kids don't know his dad etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 1/21/2021 at 11:35 AM, cereality said:

Kelton is 4 years older than Josie. He met her/saw her someplace (I want to say it was something like a piano recital) when he was about to head off to college -- he would have been 18 and Josie would have been 14. He was interested in dating her then, which I think in their world just means being friends/texting her or getting together with their siblings in tow, nothing physical. Gil said no they couldn't communicate at all. He was hurt by that -- probably bc he was like I'm a Godly man, not trying to have sex with your daughter, I'd just like to text with her from college, maybe visit your family when I could home for the holidays etc. So apparently he was so offended by it that it STILL comes up -- or at least we heard it when he was 23-ish and getting married to her. When setting up her courtship ask, he was talking to his dad about how tough that time was and Dad told him, go to college, get a degree/live your life, become the type of man Josie wants to be with; though I suspect the problem wasn't that JOSIE wasn't interested, it was that mommy/daddy were so controlling that they wouldn't even allow her to text a boy and see if they grew interested or not. And then even at his freaking wedding rehearsal toast, best friend Bobby talked about how Kelton had such a hard time knowing he couldn't be with Josie but at the same time was such a good friend that he was encouraging Bobby to get with Tori even though it'd mean Bobby would get to come up to the Bates' and hang with Tori but Kelton wouldn't hang with Josie!?

The Bates don't see it as an issue -- when he finally started dating her and asked to marry her, they thanked him for waiting until they were comfortable. So I think they see it as water under the bridge but it's unclear whether he does.

And then more generally, it's just his demeanor when he's with the Bates. I think he just got off on the wrong foot with them and sees them as annoying, controlling rubes. Like he doesn't even try to engage in the BS of Law, Nathan, and Trace. He seems to like Zach but I think it's also bc he sees that Zach is over his parents. When he was talking about asking the Bates' permission to get engaged, he and Josie went to dinner with Z&W and Z basically rolled his eyes and was like -- just tell my dad you've been praying about it and God laid it on your heart that Josie is your wife, how's he gonna argue with that?? Lol. I also think he wants a life like Zach's -- he's willing to work hard for a nice home, vacations, a life without 37 kids etc.  Thank goodness best friend Bobby married into the family bc at least he has someone to hang with when he's forced to go to I Love You day etc. The general lack of interest in the Bates probably also stems from the fact that he's close with his own family -- having been raised by his widower father, having siblings who are still teens/early 20s and being interested in how they turn out etc. -- and his family is in the same area. So I think he realizes if he lets the Bates in too much, they're the loud obnoxious types that are given an inch and take a mile and he'll be spending every holiday and birthday with them (like best friend Bobby) and they'll make sure his family is left out, his kids don't know his dad etc.

I don't think it's overly controlling to not let your underage daughter get to know a man. If they were mainstream, she would have been in high school and he would have been in college.  According to fundiewiki, the Bates did let her begin to talk with him when she was still 17.  In general I think adults should make their own decisions, but underage teens are a different story. 

• Love 13
On 1/23/2021 at 11:11 PM, Temperance said:

I don't think it's overly controlling to not let your underage daughter get to know a man. If they were mainstream, she would have been in high school and he would have been in college.  According to fundiewiki, the Bates did let her begin to talk with him when she was still 17.  In general I think adults should make their own decisions, but underage teens are a different story. 

I don't necessarily think it was so wrong either. I mean when I was in 9th grade, no way my parents would have let me hang out with a senior/headed off to college guy. IDK to many parents of 14 year old daughters who would given the things that happen in the real world. In their cult, I think it's different though. They're soooo conservative yet if a boy comes calling for your daughter at any age, you should be 1000% flattered and be thanking God that her husband that you've prayed for since her birth has arrived and she won't be an old maid with no children. And I think from Kelton's perspective he saw it as a huge slap in the face of his Godly-ness -- like they don't trust me, they think I'm like those worldly heathen 17 year old boys who'll try to get physical with their daughter? In all likelihood he knew that he'd be "dating" per cult rules -- i.e. he hangs out at their house, 62 siblings in tow; if on the rare occasion she gets to go to his house, his siblings and dad must be in tow; if they get to go out, ALL the parents will come and sit at another table . . . So he was insulted the Bates didn't even allow that. But yeah I think it's a bit much to still be salty about that 6+ years later when you've married the girl and are sleeping with her and making babies with her!?

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Maybe he has found other reasons to dislike his in-laws over the past couple of years, but he can't really come out and say so.

I’m sure. I assume the Bates said no thing comes up bc he got off on the wrong foot. And now as the years go buy he sees that G&K are the lazy grifting types. G pushing off tree work to the older boys since they’ve created no full time careers and rather work for Chad here or constable shifts there. Meanwhile Kelly pushes off as much of the raising of the remaining kids to the older girls as she can get away with; Michael is expected to jump in anytime there’s any need etc.

His own family seems different. Like they don’t seem averse to hard work. Dad owns an IT business and doesn’t push the work off to his sons given that none of them are in IT; he is also raising his remaining kids at home alone and is shown cooking etc. Kelton and one of his brothers both could plumbers licenses and did the necessary apprentice work to become tradesmen before they went off to college. So clearly Kelton’s dad taught his sons to be industrious.

To say nothing of the fact that the Bates are loud, obnoxious and take over everything whether it’s wedding planning or a kids birthday. Doesn’t seem like he likes that behavior. Nor does he want his inlaws to push his quieter dad out of the way and out of his grandkids’ lives. He probably realizes if he gives his inlaws an inch, they’ll take 100 miles so he steers clear.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 1/26/2021 at 8:14 PM, cereality said:

I’m sure. I assume the Bates said no thing comes up bc he got off on the wrong foot. And now as the years go buy he sees that G&K are the lazy grifting types. G pushing off tree work to the older boys since they’ve created no full time careers and rather work for Chad here or constable shifts there. Meanwhile Kelly pushes off as much of the raising of the remaining kids to the older girls as she can get away with; Michael is expected to jump in anytime there’s any need etc.

His own family seems different. Like they don’t seem averse to hard work. Dad owns an IT business and doesn’t push the work off to his sons given that none of them are in IT; he is also raising his remaining kids at home alone and is shown cooking etc. Kelton and one of his brothers both could plumbers licenses and did the necessary apprentice work to become tradesmen before they went off to college. So clearly Kelton’s dad taught his sons to be industrious.

To say nothing of the fact that the Bates are loud, obnoxious and take over everything whether it’s wedding planning or a kids birthday. Doesn’t seem like he likes that behavior. Nor does he want his inlaws to push his quieter dad out of the way and out of his grandkids’ lives. He probably realizes if he gives his inlaws an inch, they’ll take 100 miles so he steers clear.

I think that Bobby and Kelton both probably assumed that if they played along with the interference from Kelly Jo on the wedding planning, etc. that they would be free to live their lives with Tori and Josie afterward - just coming by for the occasional visit. Kelton probably wound up better off than Bobby in that case, as Josie isn't particularly shown as being all that fond of all the parental and sibling togetherness. She always looks like Alyssa - showing up out of obligation and probably quick to leave after the cameras. Tori might be different off screen, but on screen she is still reliant on her siblings, mom, dad, etc. and looks miserable most of the time. In other words, Kelton's got an ally in Josie where Bobby's attention is split between trying to make Tori happy and keeping her family happy. 

Look to the planning of the weddings. Bobby showed up and Tori was as absent as she could be from all that. Even when they were decorating the sanctuary, neither of them knew what it was going to be until after Kelly Jo and her crew finished (more crew than Kelly Jo). On the other hand, Josie dragged her mom along on the dress hunt and venue discussions, but she was the one calling the shots. She caved in to some of Kelly Jo's wishes, but it appeared that was just to distract her mother from things that were already in the works. 

Same with their engagements, etc. Kelly Jo was hitting up Bobby even before Tori about when was he proposing, where was the ring, etc. Kelton and Josie pushed the Bates' limits a bit. They approached Gil and Kelly Jo before Kelly Jo had a chance to start questioning and pressuring. They got permission but there was no discussion from Kelly Jo about it finally happening or it taking too long. Josie turned 18 and Kelton was ready to go. I think Kelton is creepy in the way he stuck in there with an underage girl, but I'll give him credit that he plays Gil and Kelly like a violin. Poor Bobby and Brandon (even Evan to a certain degree) probably dreaded seeing Kelly Jo coming toward them. 

• Love 4
On 4/19/2021 at 5:34 AM, floridamom said:

Where have these two been? No sign of them on the show or on this website.

wrong couple. They don't like the spotlight.

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1

With all the couples, the wives manage the Insta and use it to create an image of themselves, their family, and to seek out free stuff etc; in certain families that husbands are fame whorish so they split the social media responsibilities (i.e. Evan) and in others the husbands have been convinced that a social media presence will help their business so they join in (i.e. Kelton -- not sure anyone with clogged pipes cares if he feeds his baby ice cream every night but hey he seems to think it matters). Tori seems on the lazier side and I don't think wants to do anything besides manage the 2 kids she has and be pregnant. So we don't see much of them. Trace posted an IG video lately of Paine Construction putting a deck onto Bobby and Tori's house and also showed Gil up in some tree in their yard cutting it down. So it appears they've bought a house -- because why would you put a deck onto a rental (unless it's a Chad/Erin situation where they keep making improvements to a rental - so if they rent maybe it's from some sweet family in town that's "friends" with G&K who says sure we'll pay to add a deck to our property or you can add a deck to our property and we'll forgive the rent for x months). My takeaway from that video wasn't at all about Bobby and Tori so much as about Chad as I thought AGAIN -- damn does he EVER do work for non family members!? Like how much income is he losing by tying himself to family jobs because you know that even if they pay, he kind of does those jobs at cost and/or with a very modest profit -- whereas with unrelated clients you could charge market rates w/o feeling bad, getting a guilt trip from your wife or Gil etc.

• Love 5

I just really hope that the jobs for family members do not take precedence over paying customers.  And that if they do work for siblings he doesn't have to pay the brothers-in-law.  If there is some down time with nothing scheduled that is one thing, but the real customers should come first every time.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, cereality said:

With all the couples, the wives manage the Insta and use it to create an image of themselves, their family, and to seek out free stuff etc; in certain families that husbands are fame whorish so they split the social media responsibilities (i.e. Evan) and in others the husbands have been convinced that a social media presence will help their business so they join in (i.e. Kelton -- not sure anyone with clogged pipes cares if he feeds his baby ice cream every night but hey he seems to think it matters). Tori seems on the lazier side and I don't think wants to do anything besides manage the 2 kids she has and be pregnant. So we don't see much of them. Trace posted an IG video lately of Paine Construction putting a deck onto Bobby and Tori's house and also showed Gil up in some tree in their yard cutting it down. So it appears they've bought a house -- because why would you put a deck onto a rental (unless it's a Chad/Erin situation where they keep making improvements to a rental - so if they rent maybe it's from some sweet family in town that's "friends" with G&K who says sure we'll pay to add a deck to our property or you can add a deck to our property and we'll forgive the rent for x months). My takeaway from that video wasn't at all about Bobby and Tori so much as about Chad as I thought AGAIN -- damn does he EVER do work for non family members!? Like how much income is he losing by tying himself to family jobs because you know that even if they pay, he kind of does those jobs at cost and/or with a very modest profit -- whereas with unrelated clients you could charge market rates w/o feeling bad, getting a guilt trip from your wife or Gil etc.

Whitney had a post or story where she said that Tori and Bobby got a house near them. She was walking over with the kids to let them play with the K boys. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

So Tori's on deck, huh? Hope hers is a regular drive by delivery, not the 7-9 day NICU stays her sisters' kids just got.

Why does Tori keep saying -- Bobby will be a good girl dad but IDK if I'll be a good girl mom; IDK if I'm ready to be a girl mom. She's said it in multiple episodes. What's that about? Is it one of those -- there's only once princess in this castle and now oh $hit I have to share the spotlight (i.e. Bobby's attention) with my own daughter? She even joked when they went to paint home decor stuff with Chad & Erin that when Bobby comes home the daughter will be all over him and he'll totally forget about her. Insecurity??

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Tori is now a girl mom. Lord help that girl. Born at 5 am today and pretty tiny - under 6 lbs.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/pictures/bringing-up-bates-tori-bobby-smith-welcome-their-3rd-child/

Their latest kids have had rough births - per US Weekly - They went on to tell Us that the infant’s heart rate dropped ahead of her arrival, explaining, “In what seemed like a critical situation, the whole team of nurses and our incredible doctor worked together with us to deliver Charlotte safely and quickly. As is fairly common, the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck, but in this case, it was so tight that her oxygen levels were being affected. We are truly grateful that God showed His mercy and protected baby Charlotte. We are reminded of how fragile and priceless life really is, and we never want to take it for granted.”

I will say Bobby makes better looking babies than bestie Kelton - prob bc he is a better looking guy with a better looking woman (IMO).

Edited by cereality
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Cute little girl.  Glad she is ok.

So in the past year there has been:

Layla: hole in her heart

Erin: most probably not able to have more children

Josie: miscarriage followed by high risk pregnancy and NICU stay

Whitney:  baby with collapsed lung and NICU stay

Tori: umbilical cord wrapped around the baby’s neck

I am just a Catholic heathen, so what do I know, but it really seems to me that God is sending a message to all of them to quit while they are ahead.  Guess they are all too dim to see it though.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Cute little girl.  Glad she is ok.

So in the past year there has been:

Layla: hole in her heart

Erin: most probably not able to have more children

Josie: miscarriage followed by high risk pregnancy and NICU stay

Whitney:  baby with collapsed lung and NICU stay

Tori: umbilical cord wrapped around the baby’s neck

I am just a Catholic heathen, so what do I know, but it really seems to me that God is sending a message to all of them to quit while they are ahead.  Guess they are all too dim to see it though.

These girls just aren't built to have 19 kids like Kelly or even 8-10 kids much to G&K's disappointment I'm sure. Seems like most of them start having problems after kid 1 or 2 -- either them or the baby -- so then they can eke out a 3rd or 4th, and if we see a next round of pregnancies in another year or two to start trying for kids numbers 4-6, I think they'll be taking substantial risks. But I assume they are all planning to get pregnant again together in another 1-2 years from now because that's what God wants right -- more kids, risk or not. And for some the issues didn't even start after kid 1, the issues were with kid 1 or before -- Layla's heart; Michaela unable to get pregnant.

Hope the incoming daughters in law have birthing hips and hearty bodies to be able to push out 8-10 kids each bc it'll up the grandkid numbers. Esther probably does. Tiffany likely does not -- petite Asian women (being from that culture myself) are just not that hearty; we can usually manage 1-3 pregnancies and that's it.

• Love 6

I can't watch Bringing up Bates because it's not available where I live. I have watched up to season 7 on Youtube before they were all taken down. I have a few questions... is it true that Bobby's parents don't really like Tori? And if so, why do you think? To me, she has always seemed to be standoffish and not very friendly. Did I just answer my own question?  Lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I serioisly doubt that any posters here know whether Bobby's parents like or don't like Tori.  People speculate about these things but unless you are a relative or a close friend of these people no one here would know this. 

• Love 3

I mean no one can know for sure -- only his parents know for sure whether they like her or not. As to why people speculate that there's tension -- just the various reactions we've seen on the show.

His parents just never seemed happy for him/with his life decisions. Like when he graduated college and moved to Tenn to be near Tori and was convinced by G&K that he didn't need an apartment bc some sweet friend has a trailer, his mom looked legit upset when they came to drop him off at the trailer. Speculation is she wasn't happy because they raised Bobby in a more well to do life; from what we've seen of Bobby's home and family, it is more upper middle class. He grew up in a nice home in a gated community in Fla. with a pool, their house backs up onto a lake etc. Even his college apartment which he shared with Kelton was pretty nice - a condo on the beach near school - so I imagine his parents may have subsidized that. 

Then both parents seemed annoyed regarding him proposing -- annoyed at him that he was moving to Tenn 10 minutes after graduation ready to propose and REALLY annoyed at the engagement day when Tori acted like a child. She legit every 2 seconds on the drive from Knox to Asheville (or some other mountain town in NC where he proposed) was like -- are you gonna propose now; how about now; now; where's the ring; is that the ring etc. To the point where his dad kind of snapped -- "uh do you understand the concept of 'need to know'" and she being an idiot was like no, how about proposing now now. So his mom goes with Kelly to decorate the mountain overlook where he'll propose, she seems kind of half hearted, and then after in the talking head all his dad says is -- "well it's not every family he could marry into that he'd get 19 siblings in law" just kind of unimpressed, almost mocking.

Then at the wedding, during the vows Tori breaks out in fits of laughter and while G&K are all laughing along and aww, his parents were NOT amused AT ALL. They were just glaring like WTF is wrong with this girl. And after he wedding again in the talking head his dad goes "well he got hitched" -- like what you'd say about your coworker, not your oldest son getting married.

Overall I just had the impression that they thought Tori (and possibly the family) was immature and dumb and not ready to be married. And likely were annoyed at their son too as he was being led around by his di-k by Tori and let's be honest Kelly's wishes too. Though I have a feeling they didn't say anything at all to their son OR gently said "are you sure you're ready, what's the rush," he didn't take the hint, and they didn't want to be more direct as in look she's dumb and immature why don't you date her for a bit until she is ready to marry OR date others who may be more a match -- bc they probably feared he'd move off to Tenn become Bobby Bates and they'd be out of the picture, which is kind of what has happened anyway.

We've only seen them once recently at Kade's birthday. Tori didn't speak to them, nor did they make conversation with her and they barely interacted with Bobby. They doted on their grandsons but otherwise were just hanging back from B&T. So I feel like it's a -- play it cool so we have access to our grandkids but don't interact more than needed with Tori.

FWIW I don't think he is IN LOVE with Tori and I think he IS annoyed by her, but he has found a way to make his life happy for him. He is IN LOVE with his kids and being a dad. He has set up a day to day life where he is with bestie Kelton 24-7. And I think he genuinely likes members of the Bates family unlike Kelton. Like I think he is THRILLED to have a house next to BIL Zach because that means they pal around daily or every few days in the evening. I think his perfect day is probably - get up, see/play with his kids, head to work with Kelton, get home around 5 and play with his kids for an hr, then dinner with Zach & Whit or just seeing Z&W after dinner -- nothing formal but just the kids running the yard and him getting to pal around with BIL Zach for a few hrs while Tori whines to Whit. By then it's 8 pm -- come home, get kids ready for bed, bible time, and lights out. Not a whole lot of interaction with Tori.

I'm sure his life confuses his parents and they do wonder/worry about his happiness, but he's carved out a life that he'll tolerate. I think they're one of the couples that'll have 6-ish kids assuming Tori is able to manage with the clotting disorder and doesn't develop some of her sisters' problems. That means having babies until he's 30-32, raising the last kid until he's 50ish, and by then Kade and Kolter are 25-27 so the grandkids likely start rolling. Anything that keeps him occupied with family (his own or the Bates) and not TORI will keep him going.

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I get the sense Tori is quiverfull and it's more like a dozen kids or more for these two. I hope Charlotte is at least a year old before the next one arrives.

Yeah I could see them having 10-12 kids too. Whether that happens is dependent on her doing ok with pregnancy after pregnancy. So far her sisters have not been built to do that which is why I assumed she’d be lucky to have 6 kids; but I assume 1-2 daughters can probably pull it off. Tori may be that 1. And it helps in her case that her husband isn’t opposed/likely won’t start trying to slow things down after kid 6 as I could see Kelton, Zach, John etc doing. If anything I think he thinks, more babies in the house longer - gives me something to do every evening/weekend taking care of them or playing with them, keep them coming.

• Love 5
(edited)

So happened to stumble upon Bobby's sister's IG because she had posted something about having a first niece so I figured it had to be on Bobby's side. His sister's recent posts besides her own wedding -- how her father is such a successful business man but you wouldn't know it bc he's so humble (a fathers day post); and posts/IG lives about financial independence. Seems like she's a stock market investor bc she had posts about how a 20-30k car means payments of $400-600/mo and if you instead put that money in the market in 10 yrs you'd have X; 20 yrs Y etc. This is pretty standard stock market talk among upper middle class types of people who have the means and are always looking to grow their wealth beyond the six figures they may make from a job and are planners - prepping for retirement etc; she's pretty young - maybe 1-2 yrs out of college so I assume she was raised this way. Maybe Bobby really WAS slumming it marrying into the Bates family with it's - aw shucks you can live in a trailer when you move to Rocky Top; you don't need insurance, just barter with a dr; or why do you need a job with them fancy benefits (Zach) when you could be home "investing in your kids' lives all day every day . . . ."

Super different vibe than the social media for say Evan's brother who is just as herp derp as the Bates - shooting his guns, pretending to be a cowboy or the keeper of law and order in society, making fun of people taking covid vax etc.

Edited by cereality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, cereality said:

So happened to stumble upon Bobby's sister's IG because she had posted something about having a first niece so I figured it had to be on Bobby's side. His sister's recent posts besides her own wedding -- how her father is such a successful business man but you wouldn't know it bc he's so humble (a fathers day post); and posts/IG lives about financial independence. Seems like she's a stock market investor bc she had posts about how a 20-30k car means payments of $400-600/mo and if you instead put that money in the market in 10 yrs you'd have X; 20 yrs Y etc. This is pretty standard stock market talk among upper middle class types of people who have the means and are always looking to grow their wealth beyond the six figures they may make from a job and are planners - prepping for retirement etc; she's pretty young - maybe 1-2 yrs out of college so I assume she was raised this way. Maybe Bobby really WAS slumming it marrying into the Bates family with it's - aw shucks you can live in a trailer when you move to Rocky Top; you don't need insurance, just barter with a dr; or why do you need a job with them fancy benefits (Zach) when you could be home "investing in your kids' lives all day every day . . . ."

Super different vibe than the social media for say Evan's brother who is just as herp derp as the Bates - shooting his guns, pretending to be a cowboy or the keeper of law and order in society, making fun of people taking covid vax etc.

I was curious and I went looking for her IG and I can't find it. I found her husbands, but it's private.

• Useful 1

Looking at the newborn pics they posted of their daughter, fatherhood seems to really suit Bobby. He looks genuinely happy when he's with his kids. Happy to see it because he seemed kind of miserable with his annoying wife when he first came onto the scene and working a plumbing job he didn't want. I imagine things are overall better now as he doesn't do any plumbing and just manages Kelton's business - which is probably more what he wanted anyway. And plus now with 3 kids he may not be dealing with the wife as much - it's possible that he's a hands on kind of dad always changing diapers, getting a child to stop crying, feeding a kid, playing with a kid etc. - so there's no time to sit and listen to Tori complain about anything. Or with 3 kids it could be divide and conquer anyway so he's with whichever kid he's responsible for for that evening, not as much with Tori.

I can see them having 6+ kids or even 10 bc he does not seem averse to it at all, it seems like he kids are keeping him going; I guess it's a matter of if they can - as I think Tori has the clotting issue too. Plus does Bobby have any concerns about how to support 10 kids, as Kelton can only pay him so much and Bobby grew up upper middle class, so he may start to have a problem with having so many kids that they sleeping on stackable shelves like Chad and Erin's kids. Though Bobby and Tori I think have a 3 bedroom home - could be 4 as it's about the size of Z&W's old home since it's next door. So it's not nearly as bad as C&E but 3 bedrooms means 2 kid bedrooms - so 3-4 kids/room which is NOT how Bobby grew up.

• Love 6

Tori posted a pic of her and 2 of her kids for Kolter's birthday.  I have to say I love the picture.  She's naturally pretty.  And all without having to have overdone makeup and 2 inch long eyelashes.  No fake, gross nails.  That's all.  Guess I was just impressed and had to comment.  

• Love 9

Hardly a surprise.  There have been quite a few photos with a noticeable bump.  I will never understand having babies so close in age- this new girl will only be 14 months younger than her sister.

Poor Michaela- two announcements in one day, though I am sure she knew about Tori for quite a while.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Where have you seen pics of Tori? They never post to SM, and I haven't seen her in any other family pics. 

Josie also posted a story when they went out to dinner last week with the Tennessee Standard folks.  She barely showed Tori, but could tell she was pregnant.

• Love 3
(edited)
57 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Reddit.  One of her holding Zade.  The bump was quite obvious.

Yeah, I figured that was the case. I can't navigate that mess! 😕

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 3