Type keyword(s) to search

Tori and Bobby: Whine Time!

• Start Topic

Bobby has a degree in Bible and Youth Ministry. I don't know of too many busineses looking to hire a kid with this type of degree and no business experience except selling spare parts in a slavage yard. He is lucky that his best friend Kelton gave him a job as officer manager for his plumbing company.  

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Bobby has a degree in Bible and Youth Ministry. I don't know of too many busineses looking to hire a kid with this type of degree and no business experience except selling spare parts in a slavage yard. He is lucky that his best friend Kelton gave him a job as officer manager for his plumbing company.  

Bobby and Brandon (now Travis too) were a bit of an oddity for Gil's daughters. They tended to pick tradesmen (Kelton, Evan, and John) or men who were at least hobbyist in such areas (Chad). Gil could relate to that, using them for projects instead of being threatened by them. You could see on the show that Gil struggled to relate to Bobby and Brandon in the same way. 

There was an episode where Gil said Bobby could work for his church. You could tell Bobby is thinking youth pastor. He had him cleaning the church with Tori. Gil finally (a few years ago now) got his church and is clearly not going to give any power over to his more educated in that area sons-in-law.

• Like 6
17 hours ago, cereality said:

Yeah I mean fundies are low self esteem weirdos - to them chatting with another woman = cheating. I mean Katie just said recently that she gets soooo jealous when other women DARE chat with HER man and she views it as "cheating" by Trav if he engages. You'd think she meant some woman at church is having a 20 min convo with Trav after services and Katie is getting huffy. Nope she meant if the drive thru girl at McDonalds or Sbux DARES to go beyond hi and gets into - what are you doing this weekend or nice weather huh, Katie will pull her hand up and be like UH I'm his WIFE🤣. You're in NJ babe, act like a bitch too often while showing up at the same Sbux daily and guess what someone will "accidentally" sneeze or spit in your coffee.

But in any event ever since he arrived on the scene I have NEVER understood why a guy like Bobby marries a girl he clearly does not like who clearly also did not like him/wasn't a good match and just saw him as a ticket out of G&K's house.

Only explanations I can come up with - either he was a massive dick at PCC [and there are Reddit ppl who say he was an entitled asshole in college] so he was having no luck with the ladies and needed Kelton to introduce him. OR he had zero self esteem and was hanging with Kelton 24-7 who has had his life planned out since prob 9th grade. So when Kelton was getting engaged etc, Bobby panicked and was like OMG what if I can't find anyone, introduce me to any of Josie's sisters, I don't care, I can learn to love her . . . .

Bc it isn't uncommon for conservative southern guys to be in Bobby's position. They don't want sex before marriage so they marry as quick as possible after college. If they aren't graduating with a gf/fiance but are religiously minded, they go on a 2 yr mission trip or take up a ministry job like Bobby did and while at said job, they focus hard on finding a wife. It isn't typically that hard bc everyone at church is dying to introduce their daughter/cousin/sister to the cute young single pastor.

After the gf/fiance is locked up, they then use their connections to lock up a business job - under the guise of look this job is great but I won't be able to support my wife and kids on this. Bobby's dad is in a business job, so he likely had connections there, plus would've made connections with church guys. Not saying they end up being Fortune 500 CEOs but the southern good ole boy network always lands these guys in respectable middle/upper middle class careers like insurance, sales for a regional company, commercial real estate etc. And then they move on - have a wedding, have 2 kids, volunteer at church, coach their son's football, watch football on the weekends with a beer in hand.

Like Bobby could've had a life he actually wanted with a wife he liked who liked him back!?

You just described my 2 brother in laws..though they were advised to study law and become lawyers.

Once they passed the bar and secured the first job...all of a sudden Baptist church goers were introducing them to their daughter, sister, etc...and married both became within a year.

However I found this only seems to work on southern men..not gay men from the north like myself lol.  

Just from watching the shows, Gil and co would respect someone that works in the trades vs someone with non trade background (i.e. Bobby, Brandon, Travis).  I say that because Gil probably would have less in common with Bobby, etc then he would with the guys in trade.

Katie hopefully will learn to temper her jealousy..and I have a feeling the longer she's in NJ..the more she will change... look at Alyssa as a perfect example.

I also think maybe Bobby leaving suddenly could be something as simple as it wasn't a fit.  Sometimes people will obtain a degree in something and once out in the world...flounder.

• Like 4
19 hours ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

Yes. He had plans to start his own plumbing business or take over his uncle's business. He learned how to be a plumber from family and then went to school to study business.

my brother is a plumber and learned it in the navy as a pipe fitter...he makes high six figures and works for the federal gov...he did really well....so if Kelton is smart he could do really well....

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

my brother is a plumber and learned it in the navy as a pipe fitter...he makes high six figures and works for the federal gov...he did really well....so if Kelton is smart he could do really well....

He's set himself up for success with a career like that and an education to actually run the business (even if it is from a Bible college. While I think his beliefs are crap, I applaud his determination to work for himself. 

• Like 7
4 hours ago, AstridM said:

Didn’t Gil go to college and have some kind of corporate job before he quit? Not really a trade/blue collar background. 

He went to Carson Newman and went to work for Nabisco. Zach made a comment once that Papa Bill valued people learning a skill. I think Gil did later in life. But it made me think this might have been a sore spot between Gil and his dad for a while. 

• Like 1

I'm surprised by the cheating rumors. Watching the show I don't know why Bobby married Tori in the first place. He never acted like he liked her or was into her. He mostly acted annoyed by her. His parents' didn't like her or the Bates either. So I'm not sure why. Surely there were other girls at home or college. His parents' had money. He moved to Tennessee and lived in a trailer for awhile. He makes no sense.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I'm surprised by the cheating rumors. Watching the show I don't know why Bobby married Tori in the first place. He never acted like he liked her or was into her. He mostly acted annoyed by her. His parents' didn't like her or the Bates either. So I'm not sure why. Surely there were other girls at home or college. His parents' had money. He moved to Tennessee and lived in a trailer for awhile. He makes no sense.

Maybe he got swept up into the whole “being married to my best friends fiancée and now Kelton and I are gonna be best friends for the rest of our lives,” thing and got himself into something too big to get out of. Other than that, I have no idea why he’d marry that obnoxious rube.

• Like 4

Well pregnancy number 5 . . . announced in Fla while the family is altogether. Damn 5 pregnancies in under 6 years. That's one way to keep the marriage together . . . .

Bobby has aged and lost weight . . . he def looks older than 28. 

Tori has lost a ton of weight too. I wonder how happy she really is. Or even how happy he is. Weird thing is he always seems happy with her family - including at the airport yesterday. No idea where Tori and the 4 kids were but he seemed like he was chilling with C&E, Law & Tiff, Isiah, and Addie.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 3
Just now, cereality said:

Well pregnancy number 5 . . . announced in Fla while the family is altogether. Damn 5 pregnancies in under 6 years. That's one way to keep the marriage together . . . .

Bobby has aged and lost weight . . . he def looks older than 28. 

Tori has lost a ton of weight too. I wonder how happy she really is. Or even how happy he is. Weird thing is he always seems happy with her family - including at the airport yesterday. No idea where Tori and the 4 kids were but he seemed like he was chilling with C&E, Law & Tiff, Isiah, and Addie.

That's definitely what that marriage needs, another kid.  That'll fix everything.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 4

Hardly a surprise. I wonder how far along she is? In the photos there was not much evidence of a bump but they could be older photos. 
She tends to wait until she is further along to announce- but last year’s baby is only 14 months old. 😬

I have two brothers who are 11 months apart but they were born in the early 60’s and the result of NFP. My devoutly Catholic mother did eventually go on the pill despite the Church’s stance.

i just don’t understand why anyone would willingly put themselves through back to back pregnancies in this day and age. At least Whitney and even Erin space them out a bit.

• Sad 3
  • Useful 2
16 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Hardly a surprise. I wonder how far along she is? In the photos there was not much evidence of a bump but they could be older photos. 
She tends to wait until she is further along to announce- but last year’s baby is only 14 months old. 😬

I have two brothers who are 11 months apart but they were born in the early 60’s and the result of NFP. My devoutly Catholic mother did eventually go on the pill despite the Church’s stance.

i just don’t understand why anyone would willingly put themselves through back to back pregnancies in this day and age. At least Whitney and even Erin space them out a bit.

In particular, considering the strain her marriage has been under of late, it would make a lot of sense to avoid pregnancy for the moment.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Notabug said:

In particular, considering the strain her marriage has been under of late, it would make a lot of sense to avoid pregnancy for the moment.

But don’t you know the best cure for marriage woes is lots of prayer and another precious baby? 🙄🤪

• Sad 4
  • LOL 2

From what I've read, having so many pregnancies back to back can actually increase risks of miscarriage, pre-mature labor, and even issues with the mom to be's body.

Erin did say once she predicted Tori would be the one to have 10+ kids out of all of them.

• Sad 3