Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Didn't Carlin say she talked Evan into booking Katie airline tickets? Well today Katie is hanging with Josie and tomorrow is Hazel's first birthday. 

I thought it was funny to see her with Josie.  She did a short story saying how much they've done at Carlin's.  She probably left to see Josie when they all went to the new house and she said, fuck it, I'm not staying her to pack up all your shit.  Or at least, that's what I'd say.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Carlin is going to be wearing some version of this👇🏽. I wonder if she'll share pictures. I do kind of feel bad because both kids are definitely going to have feelings seeing their mom like this.

image.png.ffca1025d5aa1a1425e8c3c9d969da9b.png

• LOL 1

Evidently they did not go to Josie’s.  Which is fine- the focus should be on Hazel.

They still have packing to do so she can be sort of active but in the privacy of her own home.  I hope the EEG can give them some answers.

• Like 4

Lawson posted a story on IG yesterday that only stayed up a few hours before he  removed it. The description is in his thread. 😁

7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Not to be an alarmist but... its been almost a day since any Bates have posted. I hope nothing bad is up.

• Useful 1

Alyssa is doing a Q&A in her stories. I really hope they find what’s wrong with Carlin, that year I waited for a diagnosis was pure hell. I empathize with her dispair and I was 30 at the time. 

• Love 3

When C&E did the first walk through of their new home Carlin said it was where they were going to raise their children. One month later during demo she said it wouldn’t be their forever home. I was surprised at the quick change of heart. 

What changed in that month or so? Carlin’s health and the uncertainty of not having a diagnosis. Coupled with the realization that they don’t have the support they perhaps thought they would have in case of an emergency. Carlin has a story up, obviously happy to be done with the four day EEG. They are moving tomorrow. Carlin said some of Evan’s family have arrived and more will follow, to help them move.

Carlin has a bazillion siblings, and between Evan. Trace, Warden, and Isiah, they should get the moving done easily. Instead, it’s Evan’s family helping. Maybe they will be moving closer to Evan’s family in the future. I can’t blame them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Evan is an electrician, right? Once he’s established and more experienced he should be able to get a job or start his own business just about anywhere so maybe they will move closer to his family in the future.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

So it looks like Carlin didn't have any episodes while she was on the monitor; she must be disappointed as they were hoping that if she was having episodes anyway, she'd at least catch one. They're still hoping that something about her brain waves/sleep allows drs. to draw some conclusions.

100% what has changed is their closeness to HIS family and how much his family has stepped up for them in the last month. They always relied on his family more - even before Carlin's health issues, they were driving to Nashville like every other weekend usually as they clearly trust his parents watching Layla as they go out on weekends; the times they went out of town [like to Joy Annas] without Layla, they left her with HIS parents, not hers or her 37 siblings. And now with this they basically lived with his family for nearly a month and clearly feel comfortable there; clearly Carlin doesn't feel like - this is my ILs house, I need to not be lying down or whatever. I mean his family is coming to help them move?? She has a million siblings/relatives in town and moving is hardly specialized help like taking care of someone in a medical issue?? Clearly E&C prefer the Stewarts' organized/thoughtful help more than the Bates' haphazard/attention seeking/I won't help myself but send you a 12 yr old - help.

I think they're looking at the long term, realizing that maybe Carlin has some continuing health needs that flair up from time to time, or say they have kid #3 and then some other health thing goes wrong, they probably feel like they want to be near his parents + siblings/sibs in law as a few of them are in nursing with real health system experience.

Job wise if they decide being a social media star won't be FT income forever [and they won't decide that until viewers absolutely fall off and income falls], at least they're in a good position. Evan is a union electrician - the union can easily place him in a job in Nashville instead of Knoxville. Though as they're running about assuming social media income is it, clearly they're not thinking big picture; I think we're about to see a BIG construction slowdown - as commercial and residential building will fall off a lot as interest rates keep going up, meaning way fewer jobs for electricians with no post-apprentice experience; now would be the time to stack some cash to get ahead on the mortgage + pay off the hospital bills and social media will always be around say 12 wks from now when the union has no consistent electrician jobs to send you out on.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Carlin has a story up, they are running errands getting ready for their move tomorrow. They were with Evan’s family. I’m sure Gil and Kelly will show up once the move is completed to do nothing. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, SMama said:

Carlin has a story up, they are running errands getting ready for their love tomorrow. They were with Evan’s family. I’m sure Gil and Kelly will show up once the move is completed to do nothing. 

I don't expect to see G&K at the new house until the housewarming party. 🙄

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

I've also got the feeling that Evan's folks really love Carlin--if they hadn't bought that house they could have moved to Nashville sooner.

When she passed out at her in laws home it was apparent how much they care. When she came to and started crying they were assuring her that it was going to be OK, she was going to go to the hospital, and they would take good care of the babies. I can imagine KJ sitting on her ass looking at her phone. 

• Sad 6
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, SMama said:

When she passed out at her in laws home it was apparent how much they care. When she came to and started crying they were assuring her that it was going to be OK, she was going to go to the hospital, and they would take good care of the babies. I can imagine KJ sitting on her ass looking at her phone. 

She passed out cold on video?

• Useful 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

She passed out cold on video?

She passed out and one of Evan’s relatives who works in health care started filming so they could provide it to the doctors. It’s not the first time I have seen that done. I’ll be too upset to think about it, so was Evan, he was by her side. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 2

While I do believe Carlin had some type of medical incidents in the beginning, I still can't help but think things were exaggerated somewhat. Especially when Carlin has been filmed walking around with the baby and going up and down stairs with no worries. 

Then when she went off the meds she said, "I'm still passing out", making it sound as if she fainted more than once in the two or three days off meds. But... once she was hooked up and had a medical camera hooked up for filming - nothing. I mean I get it, it for sure can be legit and the EEG timing sucked, but it leaves me feeling a little suspicious. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

While I do believe Carlin had some type of medical incidents in the beginning, I still can't help but think things were exaggerated somewhat. Especially when Carlin has been filmed walking around with the baby and going up and down stairs with no worries. 

Then when she went off the meds she said, "I'm still passing out", making it sound as if she fainted more than once in the two or three days off meds. But... once she was hooked up and had a medical camera hooked up for filming - nothing. I mean I get it, it for sure can be legit and the EEG timing sucked, but it leaves me feeling a little suspicious. 

Exactly. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

She hasn’t had a spell in a while now. Maybe it was post partum, dehydrated, not eating, flying across country. 

That little baby sure is a cutie!

I’ll say it again. Evan surely loves her. 

Evan does a time lapse of him, Katie, and Carlin packing. And if you look carefully Kelly is sitting on her ass on the sofa messing with her phone. Then Carlin says she is there to take care of the kids. Kelly does a cameo walking by holding Zade. I think most of her time was spent on the sofa, Callie was the one taking care of the kids. 

• Sad 9

Whoa, I'm even more suspicious now. Evan and Carlin talking about her health on a walk and basically setting up followers for her not having an episode when she does the EEG. And, voila, no episode while doing the EEG. Also, Carlin has not mentioned restarting the medication.

It seems odd to me that they went from repeated medical emergencies to basically a clean bill of health in a matter of weeks. I really kind of hope they exaggerated everything and they have a diagnosis that whatever was going on was temporary. On the other hand, what an asshole move to string their followers along.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Well, I imagine the doctors had reason to try the EEG, so there had to be something going on. I saw the seizure footage, and it was pretty terrifying and not faked. Maybe it was tied to Zade's birth in some way? Covid? 

They're now left with more questions than answers. But I wouldn't give her a clean bill of health just yet. What happens when the FMLA leave is up? Will Evan go back to work (he better), or will they try to make a living off SM (bad decision)? I guess we'll see...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Well, I imagine the doctors had reason to try the EEG, so there had to be something going on. I saw the seizure footage, and it was pretty terrifying and not faked. Maybe it was tied to Zade's birth in some way? Covid? 

They're now left with more questions than answers. But I wouldn't give her a clean bill of health just yet. What happens when the FMLA leave is up? Will Evan go back to work (he better), or will they try to make a living off SM (bad decision)? I guess we'll see...

But are they left with more questions? Or perhaps they know more than they're telling their followers? The section in the video while they're discussing Carlin's health perked up my Spidey senses. It felt rehearsed and was also heavily edited. Maybe other test results had come back, but they followed through on the EEG for more conclusive answers.

I mean this is pure speculation on my part, but IMO, something feels off.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Whoa, I'm even more suspicious now. Evan and Carlin talking about her health on a walk and basically setting up followers for her not having an episode when she does the EEG. And, voila, no episode while doing the EEG. Also, Carlin has not mentioned restarting the medication.

It seems odd to me that they went from repeated medical emergencies to basically a clean bill of health in a matter of weeks. I really kind of hope they exaggerated everything and they have a diagnosis that whatever was going on was temporary. On the other hand, what an asshole move to string their followers along.

If you're suspicious that Carlin's episodes are being exaggerated or not real, I would encourage you to watch their video where they showed her in a seizure at Evan's parents' house. It was very, very scary and definitely not faked. I think it's fair to question whether it's appropriate for them to put the seizure on their youtube channel, but what they showed looked like a full blown epileptic seizure to me. It can sometimes take doctors a long time to pin down what exactly is causing seizures like Carlin is having.

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, absolutelyido said:

If you're suspicious that Carlin's episodes are being exaggerated or not real, I would encourage you to watch their video where they showed her in a seizure at Evan's parents' house. It was very, very scary and definitely not faked. I think it's fair to question whether it's appropriate for them to put the seizure on their youtube channel, but what they showed looked like a full blown epileptic seizure to me. It can sometimes take doctors a long time to pin down what exactly is causing seizures like Carlin is having.

I watched that. Like I've said in every post, I believe something was going in the beginning. I never thought her initial medical incidents were made up or pulled out of thin air. What I mean by exaggerated is they might have been keeping their followers hyped up and concerned long after things calmed down a bit already. I also feel they may know more already than they are sharing with their followers.

I fully understand many medical conditions can take months, and unfortunately, sometimes even years to figure out and that may be the case with Carlin. But it also may not be the case with Carlin.

If Carlin is truly still having episodes why would she still be carrying her baby around? Why would she be going for walks, walking in the middle of the hard road? Why has it never happened during the hours and hours of Carlin walking around filming with her phone in her hand?

The Bates and Duggars have fudged enough stuff over the years to make me always look, listen and watch with a suspicious mind when, to me, things don't totally add up.

I have no problem being wrong about this, but like I said in a previous post, I kind of hope I'm right and whatever was going on with Carlin does not end up as a diagnosis of a lifetime of seizures.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

Those new floors are so ugly.  From her comments, I'm sure they will change them within a couple years.  She didn't think they were going to be so busy.  What?  I researched the hell out of the flooring i chose a few months ago.  Looked at tons of pictures and so on.  They even brought a whole case home when they were deciding which one to choose.  It can't be said enough how much of an idiot she/they are. 

Agree, she sure is walking around, A LOT, without any assistance or anyone seeming to give a shit.  

She better have helped some when she wasn't filming.  I understand she is "sick", but to not help at all would piss me off if I was helping and saw her doing nothing but walking around with her phone.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

That moving video shows the vast difference between Evan’s and Carlin’s family. Evan’s mom (sorry, don’t know her name) surely wishes she could spend more time with Layla and Zade. She could have pulled a Kelly, sit on her ass, playing with her phone, and glancing at the babies every so often. Instead, she was dragging a huge box into the kitchen, ready to get things to their proper places. The same with all the other adults there. 

There has been speculation about Evan remaining home to become a full time SM influencer. The man really loves the sound of his voice and being on camera, just like Carlin. He also seems to have a close relationship with his family. I hope that if such foolishness crosses his mind, that his parents can guide him in the right direction. So far everyone in Evan’s family (the men) are gainfully employed, so Evan potentially leaving a good job he trained five years for, has benefits, and union pay will raise concern. They can point out to Evan the reality of living in the real world, and are an example that it is possible to hold a job while “investing” in the children’s future. 

In contrast, Carlin was raised by grifters who bragged about using the ER for routine issues like fevers and such, and skipped on the bill. And until recently, only Zach had a good job, but the grifters convinced him to quit. I really hope Evan’s family prevails influencing Evan and Carlin.

• Like 5
  • Love 5
(edited)

I hope Evan doens't qut his job to say home with Carlin full time. But it has only been what a couple of months that this has been going on. Probably he is constantly thinking what happens if Carlin has a seizure when she is alone with the children? God forbid she has Zade in the tub when she has a seizure. Or if she is cooking something on the stove when this happens.  I guess there could be ground rules like don't ever put the kids in a bath or turn on the stove top unless someone is with you. It will be hard to live this way. I hope that she gets some answers and the right meds soon to help control the seizures.

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 3
(edited)

So it turns out that Gil and Kelly weren't there to help Carlin yesterday because they jetted off to Arkansas to find out that Nathan and Esther are having a girl in the already-revealed-gender reveal. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

Not surprised at all, why bother helping with the move when there are so many more frivolous things to do. Those two are as horrible as JB & M. 

Where is the post about the gender reveal? What did they do?

Edited by SMama
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yep. It infuriates me that they continue to grift like this. I will never click on any of their videos. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

But are they left with more questions? Or perhaps they know more than they're telling their followers? The section in the video while they're discussing Carlin's health perked up my Spidey senses. It felt rehearsed and was also heavily edited. Maybe other test results had come back, but they followed through on the EEG for more conclusive answers.

I mean this is pure speculation on my part, but IMO, something feels off.

They don’t want to tell the whole truth. They want well meaning people to feel concerned and continue to click and pay for their gas money.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I watched that. Like I've said in every post, I believe something was going in the beginning. I never thought her initial medical incidents were made up or pulled out of thin air. What I mean by exaggerated is they might have been keeping their followers hyped up and concerned long after things calmed down a bit already. I also feel they may know more already than they are sharing with their followers.

I fully understand many medical conditions can take months, and unfortunately, sometimes even years to figure out and that may be the case with Carlin. But it also may not be the case with Carlin.

If Carlin is truly still having episodes why would she still be carrying her baby around? Why would she be going for walks, walking in the middle of the hard road? Why has it never happened during the hours and hours of Carlin walking around filming with her phone in her hand?

The Bates and Duggars have fudged enough stuff over the years to make me always look, listen and watch with a suspicious mind when, to me, things don't totally add up.

I have no problem being wrong about this, but like I said in a previous post, I kind of hope I'm right and whatever was going on with Carlin does not end up as a diagnosis of a lifetime of seizures.

Conveniently, she had no “episodes” when traveling across the country to California. All those hours in transit, in lines, on crowded planes. Did she rest when she arrived? No, she ran around sightseeing and changing clothes and applying full makeup. Then no “episodes” when hooked up to the EEG. This looks scammy to me. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

A new IG story with Carlin carrying Layla across the church parking lot and also one where she's standing up holding Zade. Are they so dumb they'll continue taking risks having Carlin carry the kids? Or do they know something we don't know? I can't think of any other options.

image.png.e530018662245d04d3a975c4701347b0.png

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Putting all of this on social media is a great way of losing his FMLA on fraud, in my opinion. If so, he won’t get his job back.

FMLA is pretty loose when it comes to parameters, but if Evan is saying that he's needs to be there because Carlin is a fall risk, then yes, I whole hardily agree with you.

He is doing nothing to reduce her risk of falling (& neither is she). He's not carrying their kids so they'll be safe. He's not walking next to or behind Carlin. He's not dropping her off at a bench or curb by the door, etc.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Putting all of this on social media is a great way of losing his FMLA on fraud, in my opinion. If so, he won’t get his job back.

They need to learn some lessons.

• Love 3

I doubt that this is considered  fraud. He is right next to her in case something happens. At the most it might be considered a little risky but I doubt that his FMl dictates that she cannot hold the baby ever while she is walking. 

• Love 1

I would think that she’s back on the meds. If they were helping her have less episodes and milder ones, I’m sure the doctor would’ve had her resume them after her test, even as they try to find answers.

25 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

I would think that she’s back on the meds. If they were helping her have less episodes and milder ones, I’m sure the doctor would’ve had her resume them after her test, even as they try to find answers.

Did she say she was having fewer “episodes?”