Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

A hot tub? Sure, why not? What's one more drowning and safety hazard added to the mix?

For the record, I'm not saying you can't have fun stuff just because you have kids, I'm applying it to stupid, negligent people who don't properly supervise (aka, Evan and Carlin). 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

I know a lot of y'all don't watch the stew crew's YouTube vids anymore.  I skim through some of them.  The one that covers Evan's Lasek surgery starts out with Carlin giving an update on the pool.  As she is walking out to it, the camera catches for a few second a hot tub.  I mean a nice 4–5-person real hot tub just sitting there on that concrete area they just had poured not too long ago.  She never mentions it.  Never says, "we wanted a hot tub too but couldn't get it in with the pool so we bought one and its sitting over here".   I just found that very interesting since there has been no mention of a spa.  I'm sure she did that so she would get a lot of messages about it and then they can add it to their next YouTube.  I didn't watch much of the surgery story line.  

So two unemployed spendthrifts are getting a hot tub too. Must be nice. 

• Like 8
  • Angry 1
2 hours ago, AstridM said:

Ugliest jeans ever? 😂

Maybe not THE ugliest, but giving the ugliest a run for their money. 

I'll never understand taking a nice, peaceful, verdant back yard and turning it into a construction site. For no reason. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Their backyard will be nice with the pool and then the grass area for the swing set.  I do hope they put a pool safety fence up since the pool is so close to the patio.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

Their backyard will be nice with the pool and then the grass area for the swing set.  I do hope they put a pool safety fence up since the pool is so close to the patio.  

That requires more common sense than Dumb and Dumber have, combined. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
12 minutes ago, Heathen said:

That requires more common sense than Dumb and Dumber have, combined. 

Even if they do put up a fence, I expect the gate will be unlocked and standing wide open regularly.  They are not responsible enough to do it right.

• Like 5
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m seriously surprised that tragedy hasn’t befallen any of the Bates due to their stupidity. Same with the Duggars. 

Well, the Duggars did have the M girl toddler wandering unsupervised along the road under Jana's watch. Jana had to pay a fine for that one. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m seriously surprised that tragedy hasn’t befallen any of the Bates due to their stupidity. Same with the Duggars. 

The Duggars came awfully close. Josie. 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video:

IMG_7507.jpeg

FFS Carlin, stop posing. Also, you’re a grown woman, not a child. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4

Couples trip with their 40+ yr old pastor and his wife to . . . Disney, a place that caters to kids. Carlin has been to Disney at least 3-4 times with this same woman for girls trips. Now Evan is there also. Funny how the only times they've taken their kids to Disney - a place a 4 yr old would enjoy - was during Jackson's wedding. And it was a rushed as hell trip for like a half day bc they had a rehearsal, wedding etc to attend too. So rushed that Z&W declined to take their 4-5 kids. So of course the kids were exhausted and falling asleep in places. But it doesn't matter, it was just for YT anyway to put Layla in a princess dress and capture her face when she saw the princesses. It wasn't a trip actually for the kids.

And yeah pool gates/fences don't work if you don't ever close them which these people won't.

And btw what happened to the Blackstone grill and griddle that Evan HAD TO have bc Kelton and Zach had one? I know he was beside himself bc the gas tank ran out and then he went to the store to pick up another tank and picked up an empty one which ran out in the middle of making burgers. So I guess that traumatized him enough to throw it out? I was reminded of it bc they keep showing us their yard and we don't see it pushed up on the patio someplace to keep it away from the construction.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3

Don't get me wrong, I know Influencers make money, but are these people really balling like that? A 100k pool and three trips to Disney in one year?! I have an aunt and uncle who are M.D.'s at one of the most prestigious hospitals in the country and they don't vacation this much. I think the Stews are maxing out credit cards and spending every dime that comes in, and I'll die on this hill.

It'll be really interesting to see where these people end up in 10-15 years. Not so much the Bates who live modestly or have spouses with real jobs, but more so the Stews and Zach/Whit. What happens when their fan base gets bored and moves on? Or their fans realize they can buy the same dresses off Temu for a 1/4 of the price? I've read comments saying "Well, Evan can go back to being an electrician," but it's not that easy to just slide back into the workforce when you've been out of it for years. Ditto for Zach. Going back on patrol when you're pushing 40 and out of shape would be tough. 

• Like 13
  • Useful 1
18 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It'll be really interesting to see where these people end up in 10-15 years. Not so much the Bates who live modestly or have spouses with real jobs, but more so the Stews and Zach/Whit. What happens when their fan base gets bored and moves on? Or their fans realize they can buy the same dresses off Temu for a 1/4 of the price? I've read comments saying "Well, Evan can go back to being an electrician," but it's not that easy to just slide back into the workforce when you've been out of it for years. Ditto for Zach. Going back on patrol when you're pushing 40 and out of shape would be tough. 

In Evan's case, I am not sure he even finished his apprenticeship.  If he did work as a full-on electrician, it was for just a short time, less than a year.  That being the case, I think he'd have a pretty tough time finding work as an electrician.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
6 minutes ago, Notabug said:

In Evan's case, I am not sure he even finished his apprenticeship.  If he did work as a full-on electrician, it was for just a short time, less than a year.  That being the case, I think he'd have a pretty tough time finding work as an electrician.

I think he did finish it, barely. What a waste. 

• Like 8
30 minutes ago, AstridM said:

I think he did finish it, barely. What a waste. 

It is a waste, and there’s plenty of money to be made as a WORKING electrician. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

If Evan was more motivated he could have a lucrative side hustle installing EV chargers for people. He did it for Travis while they were still in NJ. But we all know that’s not going to happen. 

Meanwhile Carlin is shilling Dime Beauty while on vacation. Saying that her face is 10 shades lighter than her body because she is religious about using their SPF moisturizer. The skin on your body also ages with sun exposure Carlin. She’s not going to be happy when her chest starts looking like leather.🙄

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
32 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

If Evan was more motivated he could have a lucrative side hustle installing EV chargers for people. He did it for Travis while they were still in NJ. But we all know that’s not going to happen. 

Meanwhile Carlin is shilling Dime Beauty while on vacation. Saying that her face is 10 shades lighter than her body because she is religious about using their SPF moisturizer. The skin on your body also ages with sun exposure Carlin. She’s not going to be happy when her chest starts looking like leather.🙄

Yeah, you have to use SPF on ALL exposed body parts, lol. I didn’t do so religiously until my early 30s (after a friend who was only 24 died from skin cancer 🥲), and while I’ve been lucky so far in not getting cancer, I now have lots of ugly sunspots, etc on my arms. I guess Carlin will have to fuck around and find out, too. Hopefully ugly sunspots are the worst thing that happens. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

And crepey arms

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Notabug said:

He finished. They had a graduation cake for him at his parents. Her episodes started right then - I believe at his parents. He was supposed to start a real job that Monday. He called them up and used FMLA (I guess bc he had been a union "employee" for yrs as an apprentice) pushed it back bc he couldn't leave her. But eventually FMLA ran out and they made a dramatic oh no Evan got fired, look at how good MY man is, sacrificing HIS DREAMS for me. This was what like 2.5 yrs ago?

And in that 2.5 yrs he's clear as day said he never intends to be an electrician, never wanted to be an electrician, he just needed to do something to marry Carlin. Lol. So yeah this isn't a guy who has enough ambition or pride to work even half days or have an EV installing side hustle. I mean why - when he can talk about 4 yr old Layla's potty training on camera and have her dance on camera?

Right now there is such a shortage of electricians in the US (bc the average electrician is something like 55 yrs old and as the older ones retire, there aren't enough new ones coming on board), that you could definitely find SOME electrician job that works for you. He has already said he's a preppy boy who hated construction sites. So yeah residential electrician, installing light fixtures and EV chargers in driveways. But even that would require you to get off your ass, which Evan doesn't do unless it's woohoo party party with the 40 yr old pastor at Disney.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
42 minutes ago, cereality said:

He finished. They had a graduation cake for him at his parents. Her episodes started right then - I believe at his parents. He was supposed to start a real job that Monday. He called them up and used FMLA (I guess bc he had been a union "employee" for yrs as an apprentice) pushed it back bc he couldn't leave her. But eventually FMLA ran out and they made a dramatic oh no Evan got fired, look at how good MY man is, sacrificing HIS DREAMS for me. This was what like 2.5 yrs ago?

And in that 2.5 yrs he's clear as day said he never intends to be an electrician, never wanted to be an electrician, he just needed to do something to marry Carlin. Lol. So yeah this isn't a guy who has enough ambition or pride to work even half days or have an EV installing side hustle. I mean why - when he can talk about 4 yr old Layla's potty training on camera and have her dance on camera?

Right now there is such a shortage of electricians in the US (bc the average electrician is something like 55 yrs old and as the older ones retire, there aren't enough new ones coming on board), that you could definitely find SOME electrician job that works for you. He has already said he's a preppy boy who hated construction sites. So yeah residential electrician, installing light fixtures and EV chargers in driveways. But even that would require you to get off your ass, which Evan doesn't do unless it's woohoo party party with the 40 yr old pastor at Disney.

Preppy? OMG did he really say that? 😆😆😆🤡🤡🤡🤣🤣🤣

• Sad 1
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Not to mention it's clearly a lie that her face is lighter than her body! 

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Preppy? OMG did he really say that? 😆😆😆🤡🤡🤡🤣🤣🤣

Yes. It was likely in the YT where they hung out at the hospital for DAYS after Whit had one of the kids. Like total losers they'd show up at 10 am every day and not leave until 10-11 pm at night and even joking they should just sleep over at the hospital. At one point Evan announces, I LOVE hanging out at the hospital - hanging out, eating snacks!? So yeah clearly these people have lives of their own. Lol. But at some point Whit must've kicked him out to breastfeed bc he then took viewers on a tour of the hospital bc he did his apprenticeship there. Walked around the garages pointing out all the electrical that he installed during his apprenticeship and then at one point announced - I'm preppy, I didn't really like being on a construction site. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1

Carlin just posted in her stories. Evan is living his best life, riding the log flume at Disney on a Thursday morning while most grown men are at work, so yeah, he's never getting a real job. They also made sure to FaceTime Layla so the kid could see what she was missing out on.  🙄

• Sad 6
On 8/7/2024 at 12:01 PM, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video:

IMG_7507.jpeg

Where the heck are they getting the money to do all the things that they’re doing???

• Like 7
12 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Where the heck are they getting the money to do all the things that they’re doing???

Their online fans say they make a lot from selling their kids online and BBS.  I don't believe they can make that much money, but maybe they are.  If they are, they need to start putting money back, because I don't see people still following them in ten years. 

But I've been wrong before.  

• Like 5

Influencers make money in a number of ways and it adds up to some real money. However the Stewarts being immature in so many ways seem to spend their money as quickly as they earn it.

They need someone to tell them to invest and save some money. If they don't, middle aged preppy boy will end up getting dirty and zapped at job sites for years to come.

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
16 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I guess their influencing pays.  They have a lifestyle like no other.  How many vacations have they been on this year?  Getting a pool.  Driving nice cars.  Laseks. And they are young too.  My nephew and his wife are a few years older than them but they go and do and own toys a lot like the Stews, but they both work M-F at very nice jobs.  

• Like 5
  • Angry 1
22 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

More like, what an ass. 

I’m afraid of what would happen if I used other words to describe him! 😂

7 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

Their online fans say they make a lot from selling their kids online and BBS.  I don't believe they can make that much money, but maybe they are.  If they are, they need to start putting money back, because I don't see people still following them in ten years. 

But I've been wrong before.  

Straight up child exploitation, and it should be illegal, imo. I do my part in never watching their videos, but clearly that’s not enough 😢

3 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

I guess their influencing pays.  They have a lifestyle like no other.  How many vacations have they been on this year?  Getting a pool.  Driving nice cars.  Laseks. And they are young too.  My nephew and his wife are a few years older than them but they go and do and own toys a lot like the Stews, but they both work M-F at very nice jobs.  

Not “influencing,” but child exploitation.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
On 8/5/2024 at 2:02 PM, BitterApple said:

A hot tub? Sure, why not? What's one more drowning and safety hazard added to the mix?

For the record, I'm not saying you can't have fun stuff just because you have kids, I'm applying it to stupid, negligent people who don't properly supervise (aka, Evan and Carlin). 

Not to mention the risk of cellulitis. That would really give Carlin something to whine about. 

• LOL 3

Oh, their neighbors are so going to hate them. No way did this "friend" do everything to fix drainage issues. But now they are going to have to deal with random golf balls flying in their yard and coming through the windows. 

I doubt Carlin or Evan think far ahead or are concerned with their investment. Yet how can they think concreting the majority of their back yard and turning the rest into a putting green with a single corner for the playset is going to increase the sales value on a cookie cutter house in a neighborhood like that? 

• Like 13
(edited)

Maybe Izzy will think of the putting green as her own personal bathroom since she doesn't have much of a yard now (that is if Izzy is still with the family).

If I were looking for a house and saw a house with a pool, a hot tub, a putting green, but not much room for an actual yard with a place for kids to play, or a place to put out some plants, I would keep on going to the next house.  

They may be making bookoos (not a real word, but appropriate)  of money, but if they ever decide to sell, I don't see them getting their money back in a family/regular neighborhood.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

What’s funny about this to me is, Carlin said in a video that the putting green and play set would be in the shade, and the pool in the sun. And I thought, yes, at certain times of the day. Then she posted these pictures. She’s a deep thinker.

• LOL 10

Maybe it'll look nicer when it's finished, but that's a hideous setup. Their backyard is nicely sized but they don't have sprawling acreage where the putting green and pool fit into the landscape organically. I also hope they're prepared for the fact that turf gets extremely hot when baking in the summer sun.

This backyard has to be costing them 150k. They better plan on staying in that house forever because they're going to lose their shirts if they sell. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

Maybe Izzy will think of the putting green as her own personal bathroom since she doesn't have much of a yard now (that is if Izzy is still with the family).

If I were looking for a house and saw a house with a pool, a hot tub, a putting green, but not much room for an actual yard with a place for kids to play, or a place to put out some plants, I would keep on going to the next house.  

They may be making bookoos (not a real word, but appropriate)  of money, but if they ever decide to sell, I don't see them getting their money back in a family/regular neighborhood.  

I have any sort of savings. My anxiety wouldn't let me live like that. What happens when one of them gets sick again or there is a recession where people aren't buying overpriced but badly produced clothing? That 10% code for $150 serum won't matter when people can't find a job and are struggling to pay the rent and food bills. 

I know that Carlin grew up with a family where she had share everything, including beds and clothes. They were food insecure for sure. The concept of being able to buy everything you want at any time is appealing. I would love to be that free. But eventually, it catches up with you. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

Carlin has already been sick, and it just added to their income.  

Is that far right area of their backyard on a slope?  I can't tell, but it looks to

slope down to the pool and "greens".  I don't know where the swing set will go.  And Carlin didn't mention the hot tub at all in her update, but every time she scanned that porch area, there it was.  

In my last post in this thread, I said that their backyard was going to be nice.  Then they unveiled the putting green with bunker which takes away all the green space.  They took a nice yard that kids could enjoy being a kid in and made it to where they have to enjoy it how the adults want it.  

• Like 7
  • Sad 3
(edited)

Wow they have really made a mess of that backyard. I know they think they are people of leisure but that yard is not big enough for a pool + hot tub + putting green + playset + patio. And if they aren't going to level out that right side (I refuse to watch the YT to figure out if they are or are not planning that), they're begging for a water run off issue, the next time a tropical storm makes its way up from Florida and goes through the rest of the country - which is not an infrequent occurrence these days. All the water from the right side is going to flow into the putting green and/or the pool.

And they say this ISN'T their forever home? Do they realize no one is going to buy a house that has a yard that looks like a fun house?? And to remind everyone a house they HAD TO HAVE as Carlin was boo-hooing that she'd never get a house so in the 2021 bidding wars, they over paid for it? Sure they have a 2% mortgage but they best start thinking of this as their forever home, even as Josie moves onto a McMansion or a home with land (they've said they are looking - IDK which they will get) bc there is NO WAY they are selling their house at what they over paid for it, let alone the overpaid amount + the amount they are paying for this pool/hot tub/putting green monstrosity. They certainly are acting like this is their forever home and it doesn't matter that any would be buyer has zero room to play catch with his kid or plant some flowers!?

And at this point I'm 100% convinced that C&E live off of YT exploitation and IG income. I know Carlin has made some suggestions that Evan gets soooo many video editing jobs but uh when - dude is always traveling or at the golf course. She's also said they have an investment that's doing really well but I take that with a grain of salt bc they clearly are the - spend every $ that comes in - types; and uh I'd trust a 4th grader to have better investment sense than them.

I think the boutique now is basically a tax loss/haven for C&E and Z&W. Having been a bankruptcy lawyer for 20 yrs - they definitely strike me as the young business owner types who use the business to deduct out every little thing falsely claiming their 100k vehicles, trips etc are "for the business." And having been a bankruptcy lawyer, I know what a business looks like that ain't doing well. I mean inventory stacked to the ceiling at all times? Warehouse sales like 4-6 times in 3 months to move merchandise? These aren't markers of a healthy business. And frankly there have been Wall Street earnings calls lately where retailers like Target are saying they are having a hard time moving merchandise - and they truly buy their merchandise cheap due to negotiating power. But we're supposed to think as grown women are constantly complaining about grocery prices being too high, they are skipping off to BSB to buy a $75 frock that your 2 year old niece would wear? Please. They must think they are GENIUSES and the rest of us were born yesterday and have nooo idea how business, investments, or the economy work.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, ranchgirl said:

Carlin has already been sick, and it just added to their income.  

Her illness was tailor made for social media. It was a mystery, dramatic, etc. But I am referring to something more severe and less camera-ready. Fainting and dramatic moments that resemble seizures can look great on camera. But what if one of them had digestive issues? I don't see an audience wanting to latch onto weekly discussions of poop and vomit. Carlin was still able to film and look appropriately concerned and fashionable (her style anyway). However, if one of them got to the point they couldn't continue, does the vlog continue with just Evan or does Carlin have the skills to manage life and her social media? 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
41 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It is, they have grass seed there at the moment.

I don't even have kids and I love the idea of a backyard pool; but I wouldn't buy that house on a bet if I were looking.  I have a small backyard, probably smaller than theirs; but it is an oasis, a retreat for me.  It's fenced with a nice patio and lots of greenery including several small flower beds.  But mostly, it is just wide open green space.  I cannot imagine enjoying time in their backyard; the pool and hot tub take up so much of it that there really is no room for a nice patio/seating area with a table and a grill; let alone places to plant flowers and shrubs.  I want to relax in my yard and I see nothing relaxing about staring out at a pool that fills the yard or a putting green with astroturf.  I am no artist, but it looks ugly and cluttered to me.  And, as someone who has had to pay a pretty penny to correct drainage issues far less obvious than the ones inherent in the their backyard; I sure wouldn't want to live there.  What little backyard they have is going to be a swamp comlete with mosquitoes the size of small kittens much of the year.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2