Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

Don't they ever get tired of their family? Bah humbug I know this is a family holiday, but my God they had inlaws/sister in law/nieces in town from Thursday-Sunday; then "worked" with Whit/Zach on Monday; and then they're off to spend Thanksgiving "with some family in Nashville" on Tuesday. And you know they aren't heading back Friday morning - you know they're there for the weekend if not into next week. Don't they ever want time with "their own little family" that they coo about on IG all day??

I get it the inlaws seem nice blah blah but who wants THAT much time with their inlaws? Though my sense is they put up with time with the inlaws bc - OMG there are grown ups here, hand off the kids to grandpa and aunts, mom puts 3 meals/day on the table so we're not running from Sonic to CFA to Sbux all day, nor do we have to do grown up tasks like laundry or taking out the garbage, who cares if that means we're like children bunking in your childhood bedroom. I can't imagine Evan's mom doesn't get annoyed with Carlin esp on the big holidays. She seems like the prim and proper, bless your heart, southern housewife type. With a loud ass daughter in law who is exactly zero help in the kitchen and probably pretty proud of it. As MIL was hustling today to prep - looked like she was getting bread baked - Carlin was recording it, rather than lifting a finger to help. You know if in her passive aggressive southern way, MIL implies she should help - Carlin very loudly and proudly will be like - OMG there's egg in bread, I had no idea; OMG you have to slice the ends off of carrots, I didn't know that . . . . I imagine Carlin [and Kelly by extension] gets a decent amount of judgment from MIL but she's too loud and unaware to notice.

• Like 7
  • Love 6

Carlin sure does snuggle with her kids a lot more when she's at her inlaws. Does she really think they don't know Zade is usually laying in random places while Carlin stands around being Carlin?

Oh, I wish I could help, but, you know - Zade.

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Carlin sure does snuggle with her kids a lot more when she's at her inlaws. Does she really think they don't know Zade is usually laying in random places while Carlin stands around being Carlin?

Oh, I wish I could help, but, you know - Zade.

HAHAHA - so true. I mean anyone who knows those kids + these parents knows exactly how they're being raised. Cuddle them and dress them up for pics and IG videos to show how cute they are and by extension how great YOU are bc reminder - it was our sperm and egg that made these kids. And then once the camera is off, I am positive that Layla is set down on the couch to zone out to whatever kid show and they throw her bags of chips or whatever other junk to shut her up. And now little man is along for the same ride. I don't see a ton of quality interaction with parents and kids, the way people play with kids to teach them etc. 

Even if MIL gets tired of having 4 extra people at the house to feed and take care of multiple times a month, I have a feeling MIL/FIL would never let on and effusively welcome the visits bc they at least know their grandkids will get 3 good meals per day and generally not be left on the floor of a store at 11 pm to sleep; hell maybe someone even reads to them daily when they're there.

But for people who record every single second of their lives, interesting how we NEVER see either E or C helping at MIL/FIL's house. Sure if there's a "family project" along with other siblings, then Evan is seen helping clean the garage or plant spring flowers; sometimes he'll go run an "errand" like picking up a stack of pizzas for everyone - which MIL/FIL likely buy once they're exhausted with cooking and are like can one of you grown ass adults at least go get them. But you come and stay at least 2x/month and your weekends are at least 5 days. People who are spending 10 out of 30 days/mo somewhere really shouldn't be averse to helping, Ok so you can't cook - does that mean you can't chop vegetables or do the dishes after meals or unload the dishwasher or take out the trash?

Edited by cereality
  • Like 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, cereality said:

Don't they ever get tired of their family? Bah humbug I know this is a family holiday, but my God they had inlaws/sister in law/nieces in town from Thursday-Sunday; then "worked" with Whit/Zach on Monday; and then they're off to spend Thanksgiving "with some family in Nashville" on Tuesday. And you know they aren't heading back Friday morning - you know they're there for the weekend if not into next week. Don't they ever want time with "their own little family" that they coo about on IG all day??

I get it the inlaws seem nice blah blah but who wants THAT much time with their inlaws? Though my sense is they put up with time with the inlaws bc - OMG there are grown ups here, hand off the kids to grandpa and aunts, mom puts 3 meals/day on the table so we're not running from Sonic to CFA to Sbux all day, nor do we have to do grown up tasks like laundry or taking out the garbage, who cares if that means we're like children bunking in your childhood bedroom. I can't imagine Evan's mom doesn't get annoyed with Carlin esp on the big holidays. She seems like the prim and proper, bless your heart, southern housewife type. With a loud ass daughter in law who is exactly zero help in the kitchen and probably pretty proud of it. As MIL was hustling today to prep - looked like she was getting bread baked - Carlin was recording it, rather than lifting a finger to help. You know if in her passive aggressive southern way, MIL implies she should help - Carlin very loudly and proudly will be like - OMG there's egg in bread, I had no idea; OMG you have to slice the ends off of carrots, I didn't know that . . . . I imagine Carlin [and Kelly by extension] gets a decent amount of judgment from MIL but she's too loud and unaware to notice.

We just spent about 30 minutes with a niece who is very much like Carlin in the loud and can't read a room way.  I would hate to be with Carlin and Evan for a long amount of time.  Maybe they will let the children spend quality time with their grandparents.  I know we did and it was a great respite from poor parenting

• Like 3
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Don’t they make shopping carts have seatbelts so young children don’t fall out and get a concussion?

They never fail to amaze me with their big smiles, thumbs up and camera ready!

Of course, they also make shopping cart liners for parents that can be placed into the cart and secured and that include restraints for the kids.  However, Carlin and Evan are idiots, so letting their little girl stand up in the shopping cart and dance ao they can film for the 'gram supercedes any thought of child safety.

I notice Carlin and Evan are all big smiles and thumbs up while both kids look miserable.  Layla looks exhausted in both photos.

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Love 4

I would seriously, seriously angry if I found out some idiot "reality" TV morons posted a photo or video of their kid with me in the background. Not cool, Stew idiots. 

But what else should I expect from those two. 

I wonder when the infamous "5 day EEG" will take place? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Nice to see the kids as college roommates theme continues. This is how they're raising the kids they were so #grateful for yesterday.

They went shopping around 10-11 am and both kids look miserable and exhausted and Layla is screaming in that way kids scream/tantrum when they wake up and are unhappy. This is what happens when your kids have no bedtimes and aren't getting their needed 12 or whatever hours of sleep. You know they kept the kids up with them until midnight or whenever [Carlin herself said she fell asleep in the car on the way to shopping so she couldn't chat on IG - WTF] and these kids are used to sleeping until 9-10 am and then were woken up early bc BLACK FRIDAY.

Their minds would be blown with a day in a normal household. Like 10-11 am is the time that most families with young kids go out/run errands bc everyone is pretty happy. Kids have been awake for a few hours, have had breakfast and even a morning snack and are ready to go out. 

But fear not Layla was happily dancing in the cart that her brother was sitting in - bc carts are so safe and stable that such activity should be encouraged - and that probably had something to do with her noon pick me up - a cake pop. WTF?? Noon is lunch time, not cake pop time. And BTW have C&E noticed that parents with young kids BRING their own snacks and no it isn't bc they can't afford a $3 cake pop. Apparently it's never occurred to them that people try to hand their kid a snack with some nutritional value - like string cheese, a handful of apple slices, whole grain crackers etc. But alas until Sbux starts selling those things, no way the kid is getting them. I mean they're already rushing out the door, who is gonna chop up an apple? Honestly if Layla being underweight/of her growth chart continues to be an issue, I wouldn't be at all shocked if in the next few yrs when they leave the house she gets fries or a McDs happy meal or something.

UPDATE - fear not, the kids took the BEST nap in the car and now the parents are filling the kids' bellies at some restaurant - with lunch at nearly 3 pm. 

Edited by cereality
  • Like 2
  • Sad 8
  • Love 1

What did they feed that child?  

I remember talking about proper schedules when my daughter had her first child.  I still remind her that growing children need plenty of sleep.  Yesterday being Thanksgiving and my hints it was time to go home were ignored for an hour, this morning I put one of the kids back to bed after he woke up early.  Four hours later he actually got up.  At least we had no plans until after 12:30 so the kids could all recover.  But it was planned that way.  No kids dragging around until midnight and then pulled out of bed for parental convenience.  Carlin shouldn't responsible for a parakeet yet much less two children.  

There are so many good things about the cart seat covers.  They protect the kid from all the germs on the cart handle and seat, they have child restraints, they prevent dropping of things through the holes in the cart seat, small toys can be clipped to them, and it the child happens to make a mess you can roll it up and wash it at home.  I wonder how many people have strained eye muscles after seeing parents video a kid dancing in a shopping cart.  Most of the ones here are labeled to say children are NOT to ride in them except when restrained in the seat.  Perhaps Carlin can't read and comprehend the notice.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

What did they feed that child?  

I remember talking about proper schedules when my daughter had her first child.  I still remind her that growing children need plenty of sleep.  Yesterday being Thanksgiving and my hints it was time to go home were ignored for an hour, this morning I put one of the kids back to bed after he woke up early.  Four hours later he actually got up.  At least we had no plans until after 12:30 so the kids could all recover.  But it was planned that way.  No kids dragging around until midnight and then pulled out of bed for parental convenience.  Carlin shouldn't responsible for a parakeet yet much less two children.  

There are so many good things about the cart seat covers.  They protect the kid from all the germs on the cart handle and seat, they have child restraints, they prevent dropping of things through the holes in the cart seat, small toys can be clipped to them, and it the child happens to make a mess you can roll it up and wash it at home.  I wonder how many people have strained eye muscles after seeing parents video a kid dancing in a shopping cart.  Most of the ones here are labeled to say children are NOT to ride in them except when restrained in the seat.  Perhaps Carlin can't read and comprehend the notice.

Not disputing anything about their lame parenting choices but I live in metro Atlanta and am out and about and I have never seen one of those cart thingies in any store around here. Are they common everywhere else?  Do y'all find them easy to use?  And I'm guessing wash them after every use?  Is this a useful baby gift? New baby in family. 

1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Not disputing anything about their lame parenting choices but I live in metro Atlanta and am out and about and I have never seen one of those cart thingies in any store around here. Are they common everywhere else?  Do y'all find them easy to use?  And I'm guessing wash them after every use?  Is this a useful baby gift? New baby in family. 

I don't have kids, but know several good parents who used them regularly with small children.

Take a look:

Baby shopping cart cover

• Like 2
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

I live in metro Detroit, and I haven't seen one for years. I occasionally see people wiping down the kid part of the cart, but that's about it. I'd think it would be just something else to tote around.

Is it just me, or does Layla always look tired? 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

In the northeast I only recall the cart cover being used for very small babies - like 2-3 months or less - or at the ages where kids are teething and bound to put their mouth on the cart handle.

Reality now is that the kind of parents that are protective enough to want to use covers like that simply aren’t taking their 3 mo old to the store given RSV, flu, Covid if they have any other option - like a spouse or grandparent who can watch the child at home for an hr or curbside or online groceries.

Foreign concept in this family as they’re dragged small children all over creation during a pandemic. They really kept their kids out shopping ALL day today from 10ish am to darkness so that was at least 5 pm if not later bc E&C needed “Black Friday memories.” IDK about ya’ll but some of my fondest life memories are at Best Buy 🙄.

And yes Layla looks perpetually tired bc what 3 yr old wouldn’t be when they were woken up early + fed a cake pop at noon + napped in the car + had lunch at 3 + were still out at stores 7 freaking hours later?!

• Like 1
  • Sad 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, cereality said:

In the northeast I only recall the cart cover being used for very small babies - like 2-3 months or less - or at the ages where kids are teething and bound to put their mouth on the cart handle.

Use the two level cart and put the baby in the bottom. Simples. 😉

• Useful 1

I think the baby shopping cart sling thingies are used during that period when babies can't quite sit up on their own, but carrying them inside in their car seat is super heavy - usually around 4 - 6 months. But really by the second kid most parents just toss their kids into the cart and hope for the best. JK - sorta.

The thing with C&E is, they just don't ever think of their kids. They just drag them around.

• Like 8
21 hours ago, cereality said:

Reality now is that the kind of parents that are protective enough to want to use covers like that simply aren’t taking their 3 mo old to the store given RSV, flu, Covid if they have any other option - like a spouse or grandparent who can watch the child at home for an hr or curbside or online groceries.

Exactly.  I rarely see young children in the store and in fact even less often see them in the cart these days.  If they're able to walk the parents have them walking holding a parent's hand and smaller ones are usually in a baby carrier.  I see a child in a grocery store maybe once a month.  Since those don't seem to be options Carlin endorses, she could do a little to protect her children. 

The Amazon seat covers are far bulkier than the one my daughter had from Etsy a few years back.  The one she had was unpadded and rolled up to fit in a purse and took seconds to snap over the seat.  

The Bateses aren't quite like the people I normally see.  Does Carlin even acknowledge RSV exists?  She who was brought up to live life in a way where she caught COVID at least twice that we know would probably call almost any respiratory illness a cold unless she absolutely couldn't.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 4
  • Sad 4
32 minutes ago, Eureka said:

Some sort of junky fast food.  I can count on one hand the number of times we've seen Carlin feed her children an actual healthy meal as opposed to the dozens of times we've seen the kids eating cr**..  This is undoubtedly part of the reason Layla looks so tired and out of it all the time.  Empty calories are the main course at virtually every meal they eat.

BTW, the Starbucks near me have stuff like yogurt with fruit and/or granola, little packages of trail mix and even fresh fruit like bananas and apples.  Carlin and Evan don't really care what their kids eat any more than they worry about taking them all over he**'s half acre in a pandemic.  The kids only exist as props for their own lives.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 4
  • Sad 9
  • Applause 3

What time is their church service? Evan's watch reads 9:20. And they had time to make a Starbucks run. 

1 minute ago, Absolom said:

I don't like Layla's dress for church in late November.  Except for the color it's a summer party dress.

It's in the 60s in Knoxville.

• Sad 1

At their age Layla and Zade outgrow clothes quickly. I don’t blame the parents for wanting to get more use out of the outfits. I do blame C&E for being so willfully ignorant about their children’s needs. It doesn’t take long to make oatmeal and fresh fruit for breakfast. They could easily whip up an egg burrito and add a banana, with whole milk too. Another cake pop is just unacceptable. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SMama said:

At their age Layla and Zade outgrow clothes quickly. I don’t blame the parents for wanting to get more use out of the outfits. I do blame C&E for being so willfully ignorant about their children’s needs. It doesn’t take long to make oatmeal and fresh fruit for breakfast. They could easily whip up an egg burrito and add a banana, with whole milk too. Another cake pop is just unacceptable. 

Or even a banana, a bag of dry Cheerios and some water to go. Anything is better than a cake-pop, but I'm guessing at this point Layla would put up a huge stink if she didn't get the pop when mom and dad get their coffee.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Why do these people think posting pictures of their kids falling asleep holding a snack is endearing (IG story)? Look at me, my child is almost three years old and I have no idea how to meet her basic needs! YAY! Thank goodness my breast milk is grade A+++ or my son would also be failing to thrive! Our youth is not the issue, it’s our commitment to remain stupid that drives this wild and crazy train. I feel bad for L&as, their parents are never going to get it. 

Carlin and Evan would hate my life. I make breakfast, lunch, and dinner for SGirl and SBaba. Egg muffin for husband (creature of habit), SGirl has an egg dish, or avocado toast, or oatmeal with fresh fruit, or homemade pancakes. They take leftovers for lunch, and I cook a full dinner Sunday through Thursday (because lunch the next day). I also pack their snacks and fresh fruit. SGirl takes milk, water, and juice as well (So Cal gets brutally hot). I look forward to Fridays because we can have something simple for dinner. These two can’t be bothered with the simplest of tasks. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Or even a banana, a bag of dry Cheerios and some water to go. Anything is better than a cake-pop, but I'm guessing at this point Layla would put up a huge stink if she didn't get the pop when mom and dad get their coffee.

Quoting myself. Hi Carlin 👋🏽 (not Cheerios, but a bag of dry cereal)

image.png.dd438395255b0c40d9fc217acf3a8696.png

• LOL 5
25 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Whoa, puffed cereal and Carlin's actually working?! She totally reads here. Hi Carlin! Feed your kid a vegetable once in a while! 

I have to say, "Tiger Paws Jumbo Snax" isn't much better than a freaking cake pop from Starbucks. They might as well give Layla the sugar dispenser and let her have at it. Do better, Carlin. Try some grapes or orange sections. 

Is that the lowly hired staff working in the warehouse? What were "busy" owners Whitney and Carlin doing -- posing for photos? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4