Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I agree the Stew crew left it dirty. But I’ve always thought that place looked like it was slapped together w/a piece of wood and some glue (by the owner, not C&E.) Not sure why, only they every time I see the many closets or cubby holes, it just looks weird to me. Like maybe they had a small house & divided it as cheaply as they could? 
I can’t wait to see how the bathroom turns out though. It was so tiny. 

Yes, they did leave it dirty. That stove!  But I watched the renovation videos on YouTube and the place is a dump.  They are redoing the bathroom and when they removed the vanity there was a hole in the floor.  I also noticed that some of the wiring is sketchy looking- it's run outside of the drywall and covered with a conduit tube- something you would see in an industrial location.  I'm guessing the rent was cheap. Trace and Lydia are probably getting a discount for doing all that work.  I think they are also removing the kitchen counters and putting in butcher block.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, 65mickey said:

When.did she have a hissy fit? 

As @cereality said, not so much a full on hissy fit.  Wrong wording on my part, kind of.

There was a story of them leaving the ER and she was acting so annoyed and put out by it.  It was almost like Evan had told her to thank the ER staff, so she was very flippant about it when she finally did thank everyone.  Shit attitude and she rolled her eyes. 

Edited by So unbelievable
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, SheTV said:

The worst was pointing out the mouse nest under the kitchen sink

It always bothered me when she would put the clean laundry on the floor to fold.  The laundry was in the kitchen.  Why she didn't use the shelf over the washer/dryer is beyond me.  Now,  knowing that mice were running all over the kitchen, makes it worse.  So gross.  

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3

Two months into this whole saga Carlin is now changing her presentation on IG. While she's basically doing the same stuff as usual, everything is now couched with self-care. Not the brightest crayons in the box, but it shows they can be 'trained' by the snark feedback they read.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Another faux-pas this morning.  Stories showed a photo of a suitcase with the caption "little weekend trip". I am pretty sure the caption was edited and originally said vacation instead of trip.  Anyhow, as it turns out they are just going to Evan's parents' place for the weekend. The post was just misleading. Given how dependent they are on income from their SM accounts I would think they would be more vigilant about the wording and content of the posts, but I guess not.  

• Sad 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Another faux-pas this morning.  Stories showed a photo of a suitcase with the caption "little weekend trip". I am pretty sure the caption was edited and originally said vacation instead of trip.  Anyhow, as it turns out they are just going to Evan's parents' place for the weekend. The post was just misleading. Given how dependent they are on income from their SM accounts I would think they would be more vigilant about the wording and content of the posts, but I guess not.  

Nice to know their new house will be vacant this weekend. Dumbasses.

Regarding the wording - they only know so many words.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Two months into this whole saga Carlin is now changing her presentation on IG. While she's basically doing the same stuff as usual, everything is now couched with self-care. Not the brightest crayons in the box, but it shows they can be 'trained' by the snark feedback they read.

Self care and a video along with a link to a product she bought on Amazon Prime Day. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
41 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Self care and a video along with a link to a product she bought on Amazon Prime Day. 

Oh, FFS. She should really be thanking all the people who continue to watch her $$$videos for buying her these gifts. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 4
(edited)

Her story today briefly showed her packing for her “little weekend trip” before she started shilling crap and she put shoes ON HER BED while preparing to pack them.  Yes, I’m a bit of a germaphobe, but I don’t even bring my suitcase into my bedroom while packing, as I don’t want a suitcase that’s been dragged around everywhere and thrown around airport luggage carousels on my carpet.  It stays on tile flooring outside the bedroom that gets cleaned regularly.  Shoes on the bed?  Shudders! 

BE609FC1-C4ED-4B73-A108-AC424668C6A1.jpeg

Edited by SheTV
  • Love 5

This is what happens when two people try to bring up too many kids.  There is no time or oversight to teach them the small details of life most of take for granted.  

• Sad 2
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She's been pimping that skincare for a while. She said it was her second tube/bottle/whatever it was.

I was referring to this, which she referred to as “making my life so convenient “. She also called it a “doohickey”.

EA0C3189-96B6-4E5A-9F10-0037A1129C59.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 5
9 minutes ago, Absolom said:

This is what happens when two people try to bring up too many kids.  There is no time or oversight to teach them the small details of life most of take for granted.  

Including teaching them their parents’ full names 🤣.

• LOL 8

Shoes on the bed, mouse shit in the cupboards. What's a little grime amongst family?

They're going to the inlaws for two days, how many shoes do they need? Wear a pair and pack church shoes.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Shoes on the bed, mouse shit in the cupboards. What's a little grime amongst family?

They're going to the inlaws for two days, how many shoes do they need? Wear a pair and pack church shoes.

Isn't it like 100 everywhere east of the Mississippi this weekend? A pair of flip flops and nice sandals for church should cover it. 

• Like 1
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

Isn't it like 100 everywhere east of the Mississippi this weekend? A pair of flip flops and nice sandals for church should cover it. 

Please - no flip flops for men, under any circumstances.😆

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I was curious why they hadn't gone to the inlaws yet, given Carlin's episodes with Alyssa and at the BSB sale. But then I guess they wanted to get the neuro appt out of the way in Knoxville. I wouldn't be surprised if they're going there to stay for a while now, as she seemed to indicate she sees the neuro in a month and if they're seeing the same cardiologist as last time, he's in Nashville. The packing seems to indicate more than a Sat afternoon to Sunday evening trip. I hope so - they do better there. I assume in no small part because they have 2 adults watching them and telling them - no you don't need to be running off to the outlet mall to nails to Sbux to Sonic, go sit down; plus they get regular meals; and I assume there's no one to "party with" [lol they think they party with Whit and G&K] there so I assume by 10-11 pm there's nothing to do but sleep.

Kind of wonder if the dr. had a lifestyle talk with Carlin and/or it just occurred to her. Bc this week she made a show of NOT going to VBS and saying Layla went with Evan and then showing a plate with a turkey sandwich to show she was eating a real dinner; and one night she also showed hers and Evan's slippers by the bed by 10 pm - with an off to bed message on IG. The turkey sandwich is what reminded me bc during the pregnancy when she'd go on about low iron, I have a feeling an OBGYN said no you can't just run on chips and Sbux, so she's feature herself with a turkey sandwich [as if it's a HUGE accomplishment to make one] and apple slices. Added benefit Layla was eating those things for a hot second too before mother and daughter went back to their Cheetos and Cheez Its diet.

And sorry but a lot of these girls live pretty dirty, so I'm not at all shocked by shoes ON her bed. And I'm positive she then proceeded to throw them in her suitcase w/o putting them in any kind of shoe bag or plastic baggie - just right in there with clean underwear and toothbrush. 

I mean we've seen this woman fold CLEAN laundry on the freaking kitchen floor - in a home where they don't take off shoes - so whatever anyone tracked into the kitchen floor, was right there on her clean clothing. We've seen them leave dirty dishes for an entire week. We've seen Josie allow Willow to give her sister a donut on the porch by placing the donut directly on the doormat for the to pick up. You know the doormat the Amazon guy stands on 300 times/wk, where Kelton wipes off his shoes after lord knows what plumbing job etc; and to make it better as Willow gnawed on her own donut sitting on the ground of the porch while touching the ground every 2 seconds, it was super clear that she was sitting amid either bird or paint droppings.

So yeah G&K raised their kids in a sty and Kelly gave the girls ZERO wife or mother training and the girls being so insta obsessed think as long hair and makeup look good, there is no such thing is dirty. I feel like Alyssa and Michaela are the only ones not like that - A bc she craved order and was horrified by how her family lived and M bc I think she desires to be the old school fundie wife so I see her sitting there starching Brandon's shirts and packing his suitcases perfectly, not just throwing shoes in with his toothbrush.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, cereality said:

I was curious why they hadn't gone to the inlaws yet, given Carlin's episodes with Alyssa and at the BSB sale. But then I guess they wanted to get the neuro appt out of the way in Knoxville. I wouldn't be surprised if they're going there to stay for a while now, as she seemed to indicate she sees the neuro in a month and if they're seeing the same cardiologist as last time, he's in Nashville. The packing seems to indicate more than a Sat afternoon to Sunday evening trip. I hope so - they do better there. I assume in no small part because they have 2 adults watching them and telling them - no you don't need to be running off to the outlet mall to nails to Sbux to Sonic, go sit down; plus they get regular meals; and I assume there's no one to "party with" [lol they think they party with Whit and G&K] there so I assume by 10-11 pm there's nothing to do but sleep.

Kind of wonder if the dr. had a lifestyle talk with Carlin and/or it just occurred to her. Bc this week she made a show of NOT going to VBS and saying Layla went with Evan and then showing a plate with a turkey sandwich to show she was eating a real dinner; and one night she also showed hers and Evan's slippers by the bed by 10 pm - with an off to bed message on IG. The turkey sandwich is what reminded me bc during the pregnancy when she'd go on about low iron, I have a feeling an OBGYN said no you can't just run on chips and Sbux, so she's feature herself with a turkey sandwich [as if it's a HUGE accomplishment to make one] and apple slices. Added benefit Layla was eating those things for a hot second too before mother and daughter went back to their Cheetos and Cheez Its diet.

And sorry but a lot of these girls live pretty dirty, so I'm not at all shocked by shoes ON her bed. And I'm positive she then proceeded to throw them in her suitcase w/o putting them in any kind of shoe bag or plastic baggie - just right in there with clean underwear and toothbrush. 

I mean we've seen this woman fold CLEAN laundry on the freaking kitchen floor - in a home where they don't take off shoes - so whatever anyone tracked into the kitchen floor, was right there on her clean clothing. We've seen them leave dirty dishes for an entire week. We've seen Josie allow Willow to give her sister a donut on the porch by placing the donut directly on the doormat for the to pick up. You know the doormat the Amazon guy stands on 300 times/wk, where Kelton wipes off his shoes after lord knows what plumbing job etc; and to make it better as Willow gnawed on her own donut sitting on the ground of the porch while touching the ground every 2 seconds, it was super clear that she was sitting amid either bird or paint droppings.

So yeah G&K raised their kids in a sty and Kelly gave the girls ZERO wife or mother training and the girls being so insta obsessed think as long hair and makeup look good, there is no such thing is dirty. I feel like Alyssa and Michaela are the only ones not like that - A bc she craved order and was horrified by how her family lived and M bc I think she desires to be the old school fundie wife so I see her sitting there starching Brandon's shirts and packing his suitcases perfectly, not just throwing shoes in with his toothbrush.

That's fucking disgusting. Their house must stink. I kind of want to bleach my entire house now, and it's just the cats and me here. It never gets that bad even when I work 60+ hours a week, and I have (legit) medical issues too. There's no excuse for Carlin and Evan to be such pigs. 

I agree about Alyssa. 

• Like 4
  • Love 6

Hopped through the video. Its mostly Evan. I think the reason Carlin was sleeping downstairs is because their upstairs air conditioning went out. They also have plumbing issues in their en suite bathroom.

Funny, Evan said on day 4 of Carlin's meds she was feeling good, yet last week on day 4 he filmed Carlin sleeping. 🤷🏽‍♀️🤥

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Jeanne222 said:

There are also sponsored videos. I'm thinking Carlin is advertising those products.

Are they paid in cash or just products?

Carlin's sponsored posts are on Instagram. I was talking about the weekly YouTube videos being monetized. 

I suspect Carlin is paid based on the sales generated by using her "code "

• Useful 1

Did they buy the house without an inspection? They keep finding things that need repair. Evan should be able to get some plumbing tips from his dad, a retired plumber.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, SMama said:

Did they buy the house without an inspection? They keep finding things that need repair. Evan should be able to get some plumbing tips from his dad, a retired plumber.

They bought the house from sweet church friends so maybe they figured God would take care of it.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 2
27 minutes ago, SMama said:

They absolutely bought without an inspection. They bought at the absolute peak of the market where properties were going like hot cakes so a buyer asking for an inspection was skipped over in favor of another offer for the property as is. Plus buying from sweet church friends they prob didn’t want to give the impression they didn’t trust them - though likely it never even occurred to them that anything could be wrong, they looked at the house with an eye towards how it’d look on YT and nothing else. Had they cooled their jets for a few months, they would’ve been in a different real estate market but Carlin was too busy then having anxiety about not having a house ASAP.

As for hiring Kelton - they’d have to actually hire him and pay his rates and likely aren’t willing to do that. Yet no way is Kelton going to work for them for free given how the cliques in this family are. I mean Trace pushed them off on some stuff with prices so high that they went with another contractor — not shocking given that Trace and his gf are Josie’s besties.

Resting at the in-laws didn’t last long as they were at some niece’s dance recital this afternoon. Though at least she’s sat still much of the weekend as we got no IGs at Sbux or nails. Looks like they’re staying past the weekend - Sunday night and still there. Week 10 of FMLA starts this week - not much time left to decide whether Evan goes back or not.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, cereality said:

Week 10 of FMLA starts this week - not much time left to decide whether Evan goes back or not.

Oh, I think they decided weeks ago that he isn't going back.  They'll go to see the cardiologist at some point, maybe tell us more about what the neurologist said in a post in which they tearfully announce that Carlin's health is far too fragile, that he is needed by her side, that he cannot possibly work outside their home because he has to be there for his family 24/7.  So click those links, folks!  Of course, being a couple of idiots, their next post will be Evan goofing around with a bunch of his friends while we see Carlin carrying the baby all over town as she goes out for a coffee and a mani-pedi with no adults accompanying her.

• Like 7
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1

I wonder if Evan hired a plumber since filming the video? I mean, their master shower is useless. Kelly pimped both Kelton and Bobby in her IG stories today. Looked like a big septic issue. Kelton was wearing his TN Standard uniform, so I am sure he was happy to participate in the free publicity. I guess that quid pro quo wouldn't work with the Stew Crew despite them having scads more followers who might have plumbing issues.

• Sad 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, SMama said:

Did they buy the house without an inspection? They keep finding things that need repair.

But hey, they got the floors and fireplace and all unnecessary things replaced. 🙄  You know, priorities of these dummies.

edit for spelling error

Edited by So unbelievable
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I wonder where C&E fall with their link clicking followers in the middle of this saga? Surely they have lost a few already. While I think any discount is a good discount, Carlin's discounts are usually less than the average sale price, so its not like faithful brand buyers need her codes to get a deal.

I remember an IG story Carlin did, maybe a month ago. She was rambling on about how well she was doing influencing, caught herself and switched it up when she realized she was basically bragging about shilling products to the folks buying her shills. It made me feel that behind the scenes Carlin and Evan are laughing all the way to the bank.

IMO, if C&E don't start coming clean about her health, they're going to lose their bragging rights.

As far as their house goes, I'm guessing their sweet church friends aren't looking so sweet right now.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I don't understand how Evan cannot go to work. He just graduated to become an electrician; 5 years of apprenticeship wasted? How can a young couple with two children pay their bills otherwise. YouTube/instagram just won't pay the bills in years to come. Interest in them will fade, IMO as it does with most things like this. It's just a shame for Evan. These two really need to find out just what is going on with Carlin's situation.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I get why Evan wants to quit his job and do influencing full-time, but he really should work at least work part-time as an electrician. First, that's a job where losing his knowledge and skills can actually kill him, and second, he'll have an easier time finding full-time employment when their shilling days come to an end.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I get why Evan wants to quit his job and do influencing full-time, but he really should work at least work part-time as an electrician. First, that's a job where losing his knowledge and skills can actually kill him, and second, he'll have an easier time finding full-time employment when their shilling days come to an end.

I doubt Dumb and Dumber have the intellect to realize their shilling days are numbered. They probably expect to be the lifelong equivalent of fundie Real Housewives (Househusbands?) and spend their days being paid for being fabulous. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
21 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

On the one hand I want to say Erin keeps her house clean, but then I remembered so many photos of the kids bringing baby pigs in the house so I'm not so sure.  

I know what you mean. I don't think Erin is an unclean person, but there doesn't seem to be a clear line between home and barnyard. The animals wander wherever and so do the kids in bare feet. It grosses me out. 

8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Both Carlin and Evan pimped it out. I'm sure they got it cut rate. Whitney, OTOH, said her post was NOT sponsored.

Did Whit say it wasn't sponsored at all, or that she just didn't have an affiliate link? The reason I ask is because not getting commission doesn't necessarily mean she didn't get the couch free or heavily discounted. The Bates girls are known for being morally questionable when it comes to disclosing ads.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I could be wrong but I seem to remember Evan mentioning having the house inspected and that there were "a few minor issues". This was around the time they closed on it.  I can't remember if it was a story or on their vlog.  

So the question is what does he consider a "minor issue"?  For me anything relating to plumbing, electrical, structural, or HVAC would be a red flag.  And how thorough was the inspector?  

The A/C going out?  It happens.  Often during a heat wave when it is maxed out.  So I give them a pass on that one.  The plumbing?  Maybe they flush baby wipes down the toilet and now there is a clog.  It seems like something they would do without thinking of the consequences. They already had a leak from the tub which was addressed IIRC.  

Most people would get the plumbing fixed ASAP and delay the non essential decorating purchases.  But these two are different. 🙄

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 8
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I know what you mean. I don't think Erin is an unclean person, but there doesn't seem to be a clear line between home and barnyard. The animals wander wherever and so do the kids in bare feet. It grosses me out. 

Did Whit say it wasn't sponsored at all, or that she just didn't have an affiliate link? The reason I ask is because not getting commission doesn't necessarily mean she didn't get the couch free or heavily discounted. The Bates girls are known for being morally questionable when it comes to disclosing ads.

Whitney clearly said it wasn't sponsored, but she wanted to basically gush about all the features.

Their new plumbing problem is with the shower. I think it's a separate issue than what was originally patched up.

• Useful 3

Count me in among those who does not fathom how Evan could afford to quit his job. They have a mortage (probably a pretty decent sized one based off the market they purchased in as first-time homebuyers), taxes, medical bills, home & car insurance, 2 kids and probably counting, etc. And while they might get clothes, furniture, decor, and beauty products free or at deep discounts from pimping on social media, they'd still have the higher costs of food today (even the junk food they scarf down) and everything else inflation has affected. I'm not saying I don't think these idiots aren't considering it, but I have serious doubts about how feasible it would be for very long without a TV show for income.  Especially if there's repairs around the house and they can't con one of their family members or friends into doing the work for free.   

And if they do make the callosal mistake of Evan not returning to his electrician job, I suspect the shilling, pimping, and propping will get even more obnoxious if it's their main source of income.  Imagine Carlin standing at the gas pump gushing about how much Exxon makes her motor rev in an attempt to get free gasoline. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1