Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings & Scheduling: As the Hamster Wheel Turns

• Start Topic

Because of rain at the PGA golf tournament, the last two players are teeing off at 4:24, as opposed to yesterday's 3:00.  So unless they move the golf game to another channel, everything should be pushed back tonight in accordance with the section in the US Constitution that provides that "No event, nay not even an Act of God, shall prevent CBS from airing a full hour of 60 Minutes every Sunday night." 

Yes, I watch golf.  Why are you looking at me like that?  

I mean it.  Please stop. 

Edited by Thalia
  • Love 1

The golf game just ended.  [And may I say it was AWE-some.]  They will probably show the presentation of the trophy, and then 60 minutes.  I'm guessing BB will air around 10 EST, give or take a few minutes. 

Edited by Thalia
  • Love 1

Yes, they just showed a schedule on-air, and I got a CBS Eye-lert. The line-up is 60 Minutes at 9 Eastern, and then Big Brother at 10 Eastern, so no Unforgettable or Reckless. West Coasties, your scheduling remains unchanged, but you came within about fifteen minutes of having your own delay. 

I thought I was smart catching that Big Brother isn't airing at 8 in Canada, due to a two-hour airing of the Teen Choice Awards (! :( !) so I switched it to CBS and found: golf! Followed by 60 Minutes. So for any Canadians out there, there's no way around it, you're watching it at 10. And probably better to watch it at Global, since I don't trust CBS to air it afterwards either. 

Edited by PreBabylonia

And now, I am unable to access the TVGuide channel through Time Warner Cable in NY. Does TWC shut off channel 175 from midnight until the morning because this is the third time this has happened in a week? 

Edited by DakotaLavender

Thursday Night Football is really messing with the last few weeks, schedule wise. Here's the schedule:

Thursday 9/4 9-10PM (last Thursday airing)
Tuesday 9/9 8-9PM
Wednesday 9/10 8-9PM (Eviction on a special night)
Sunday 9/14 8-9PM (last Sunday airing)
Tuesday 9/16 8-9PM
Wednesday 9/17 8-9PM
Friday 9/19 8-9PM
Wednesday 9/24/14 9:30-11PM (Finale)

• Love 1

Thank you for this!  IIRC, that Friday show will be the horrible last supper recap show as well, so they probably don't care about putting it on a Friday to die.

Curious to see stats on if the ratings dwindle given the lameness of the remaining HGs, and how that compares to previous seasons.  I know the ratings have been solidly average so far.

• Love 1

Curious to see stats on if the ratings dwindle given the lameness of the remaining HGs, and how that compares to previous seasons.  I know the ratings have been solidly average so far.

I just saw that Thursday's ep was the highest rated so far. It's telling that the ep where someone would be returning was the hugest rated. We were all full of such hope of this boring, predictable season changing

I think they actually do still need a DE. I was thinking they wouldn't since they only brought 1 juror back.

9/4 - 7 HGs left

9/10 - 6 HGs left

9/17 - 5 HGs left

And then the next week is the finale. So, actually I think they need 1 DE and an eviction on one of the Sunday, Tuesday, or Friday eps. Or am I just completely wrong with my math lol?

Edited by peachmangosteen

I think so.  I hope it's soon.  Maybe on the 4th since it's the last Thursday episode? If Donny or Nicole make it to then (assuming the remainder will have to win HoH or veto next week, otherwise they are finishing 8th and 7th), maybe during DE someone finally swings at Derrick and then maybe that person could pick a side in the split house.  Probably not because obviously we cannot have nice things.

• Love 1

I think so.  I hope it's soon.  Maybe on the 4th since it's the last Thursday episode? If Donny or Nicole make it to then (assuming the remainder will have to win HoH or veto next week, otherwise they are finishing 8th and 7th), maybe during DE someone finally swings at Derrick and then maybe that person could pick a side in the split house.  Probably not because obviously we cannot have nice things.

This is the season of disappointment.

• Love 1

Thursday Night Football is really messing with the last few weeks, schedule wise. Here's the schedule:

Thursday 9/4 9-10PM (last Thursday airing)

Tuesday 9/9 8-9PM

Wednesday 9/10 8-9PM (Eviction on a special night)

Sunday 9/14 8-9PM (last Sunday airing)

Tuesday 9/16 8-9PM

Wednesday 9/17 8-9PM

Friday 9/19 8-9PM

Wednesday 9/24/14 9:30-11PM (Finale)

I feel like, given this schedule, the reset button may not have to mean a DE type episode Weds 9/10 to ensure someone goes. There is some debate at Jokers whether or not reset means immediate all in one hour, or if it is just HoH and that's it. I suppose they could do some sort of FF/DE combo where someone goes home both the 16th and 17th. Maybe this makes sense, because then they can show veto on the 14th which is otherwise a dead episode.

Clearly Julie's explanation was insufficient!

Edited by AndreaK1041

Yea, I've been trying to look at the schedule to determine if someone will or won't go home on Wednesday. I'm somehow still confused though!

The F4 veto comp is shown on a live ep and then the veto holder/non-nominated person evicts live, so I assume that'll be on the 9/17 ep. So if someone is evicted this week, it would mean there's way too many eps in between this Wednesday and the next.

But if there is no eviction this Wednesday, there aren't really enough eps unless they have an eviction Tuesday and Wednesday, don't do the F4 eviction live, or have an actual ep as opposed to recap ep on the Friday 9/19 ep. If they do an eviction on both Tuesday and Weds though I feel like there's not enough time for them to do everything. 

In conclusion, who fucking knows!

Now I'm thinking maybe there won't be an eviction on Wednesday and they'll go back to the old way of doing DEs and prerecord the eviction on Friday/Saturday and then show it on Sunday. Then we'll be down to 4, Tuesday 9/17 they'll show the HOH comp and noms and then Weds 9/18 will be live and they'll show the veto comp and live ceremony. 9/19 is the recap show and then the finale on 9/24. 

This seems plausible.

I'm leaning that direction as well.  Julie said that the reset would happen during voting, which coincides with the countdown clock ending around 5:35 pm. This does not give enough time for a Wednesday eviction.

Do they just shut the feeds down for many days when they do it that way or do we get to know ahead of time who was evicted?

Just saw this posted elsewhere:

Sunday's episode will see the jurors return to the house. On Tuesday, we'll get a live eviction. Then on Wednesday, it's the Final 4 eviction. Next Friday is a special clip show and the finale is on the 24th.

This makes me happy tbh. This season is actually good. Much better than the last at least 3. And they seem to actually be listening to fans, what with ending BOB, letting go of the lame Takeover twist because it wasn't needed, less overt rigging, etc. I'm glad to see it reflect well in the ratings.

• Love 5

I'm envious of anyone who is watching Big Brother at this very minute. I love football but I don't love having to watch BB sometime tomorrow. It's killing me that I can't even look at Twitter for fear of accidental spoilage.

• Love 1

So we'll have 4 left in the penultimate episode? The finale will have to show F4 HOH/veto/eviction plus all the final HOH parts, final eviction, jury questioning/voting, and winner announcements? That is too damn much for an hour and a half geez! I don't remember it being this way last season, but I guess it must have been.

If it's like last season:

F5 eviction/F4 HoH will be taped this Monday and aired on Tuesday. Feeds will be down until Tuesday's episode airs on the West coast.

Next Wednesday's episode will be the F4 PoV, live F4 eviction, and F3 Part 1 HoH.

The Friday before the finale should be the clip show.

Edited by Chrissytd

Here's the final schedule: 

9/10 – Thursday (9:00 EST)
9/13 – Sunday (8:30 EST)
9/15 – Tuesday (8:00 EST)
9/16 – Wednesday (9:00 EST)
9/20 – Sunday (8:00 EST)
9/23 – Wednesday (9:30 EST)

Do they show the results of Part 1 of HOH during Sunday's clip show, too? I feel like that's how they do it now, but I can't decide if I'm just imagining that or not.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's how they've done it in the past. IIRC, they start part 1 of the comp at the very end of the episode and it carries over into the finale.

My DVR shows this coming Sunday show to be 8:30 to 9:30 on the east coast.  I'm assuming that's due to football, so just in case, I'm setting my DVR to go an extra 30 minutes.

Yep. CBS has the doubleheader this week, meaning every market will get a late game. 

Edited by Cutty

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's how they've done it in the past. IIRC, they start part 1 of the comp at the very end of the episode and it carries over into the finale.

I think they actually start showing it at the end of the eviction ep and then show it throughout the Sunday ep. I'm pretty sure they did it that way one of the past two seasons at least lol.

ETA: Well, I'm wrong lol. I went and checked and it's like you said, they begin showing the HOH very briefly at the very end of the Sunday ep. I could have sworn there was a time they showed part 1 interspersed throughout that Sunday clip show ep.

Speaking of the final week's scheduling, can I just say I hate how they do it now.

For the third out of four possible weeks the stupid Bills are playing on CBS tonight so I can't watch the eviction until lunchtime tomorrow.  I love football.  I hate preseason football when it interferes with my BB.

• Love 1