(I've never created a new topic on these forums, so if I did something wrong, please correct me, mods!)
Anyway, season 2 is over, and while I, personally, consider this a terrific year of TV, probably my favorite so far of the shows I watch, there are quite a few things I'd change next year. So state your wishes, guys!
As for me:
- Slow down the crisis of the moment stuff. This is a common problem on many, many shows, but after s2, I hold The 100 to a higher standard. Give the characters time to breathe from time to time.
- Connected to that, please, more attention to the society of the survivors and how it's developing and changing. This is an essential part of any post-apocalyptic story, and something that didn't get much attention in s2 (although it's understandable why). I want to see how they function, how the teens interact with the adults, how they settle into a more peaceful existence, how they deal with everyday stuff and the ever-present threat of the Grounders.
- Stop victimizing Raven and give her a meaty storyline. Lindsey Morgan is one of the best actors in the cast, use her. I don't mind her romance with Wick - it's a convincing beta couple with nice banter - but she clearly can and should handle more.
- More development for the adults, Kane especially. I've started to like him more and more in s2, but he and Abbie both took a backseat to the central events. I think it's time for them to come back in force. I don't really care about romance, but there has been enough groundwork for them to hook-up, if the writers choose to. Realistically, there should be more sex going on, now that population control is no longer an issue.
- Don't waste too much time with Clarke on her own, or with new characters. I'd pair her with either Murphy or Lincoln by the end of season premiere, personally, but that's me.