Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

20 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Rhonda the Baby Mama.

Wishes are just miracles for sinners.

Hol' up. Cupcake-flavored vodka? Uh, yeah, no. Not unless it's extremely cheap vodka.😝

Junior reads Stroller Illustrated.

Godfather Junior. Oops, busted trying to take credit for purloined stroller. (But having your own name engraved on a gift seems a bit much. Do people actually do that?)

Thank goodness someone else here understands that this is a SITCOM and absurdity is expected and realism is not always on the menu. 

All this hand-ringing over Dre being selfish (*gasp*) and Junior not living up to others' expectations (the shame!) is tiresome.

• Love 5

Episode 23:

"Love, Boat"

Dre can’t come to terms with his new reality when he discovers something shocking about Pops and Ruby. Junior feels the pressure to find love and tries to rekindle a past romance with a grand gesture.

Airs May 5, 2020.

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I kept thinking that Ruby was conning Pops just so she could blow up another boat.

I loved that Charlie's method of solving Junior's problem was a rigged cootie catcher.

I know, this episode was a pleasant surprise and Junior actually had a story that made sense and that was a great bait and switch with Sky's twin sister and meeting the girl at the dock. Even Dre's revelation how he always chose Ruby over Earl, which makes sense. Earl after getting screwed in the 70s and doing underhand dealings to get money and barely pay the bills really put himself at odds with his kids. Something the last few years have been trying to do was not only getting Dre and Earl's relationship on a great note, but also the fact that Ruby and him both realized they went over board over the years and still loved each other. 

• Love 5

Stevens: "...I might have a problem." 

I love that Charlie uses a cootie catcher to answers lifes questions, that sounds about right. And Junior actually got a pretty good story, some closure with Sky (and hi Jazz!) and a new love interest that seems really right for him! 

I kept expecting to find out that Ruby was playing Pops, but even for her that might be too cruel after that horrible Christmas break up. I am glad that they are back together, thats a fun story, and that it tied into Dre and Pops getting closer, and the whole slightly co-dependent thing that Ruby and Dre have going on. 

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I thought Dre had to buy Ruby a car a few seasons ago, now she has enough money to be buying other people boats?

He didn't have to buy her a car, Ruby just conned/convinced him to get her one.

Ruby and Pops have been getting free room and board for years, so whatever income they had hidden away can be used for whatever they want to get.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, nilyank said:

He didn't have to buy her a car, Ruby just conned/convinced him to get her one.

Ruby and Pops have been getting free room and board for years, so whatever income they had hidden away can be used for whatever they want to get.

It's when Ruby has done that you have to question Dre's perspective on things, even when his sister brought it up too. Then again, I know what it is like for an in-law to do something similar. Not buy something for them, but buying FROM them and then find out there is a catch or hidden problems or agenda. Insert other media

• Love 1

Is this end of the Ruby and Pops characters?  Also, I was shocked when Ruby said she could afford the boat because her Jersey MIke's franchise has been good to her. What?

Also it looks like Dre is putting on weight.  That big beard is not hiding anything.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Is this end of the Ruby and Pops characters?  Also, I was shocked when Ruby said she could afford the boat because her Jersey MIke's franchise has been good to her. What?

Yeah, somehow Ruby has these investments that no one knew about and starts making money out of nowhere. At this point, Ruby has no reason to still be living 'free' of charge at the house. It make more sense if both Junior and Zoey were gone and the twins were gone too leaving Devonte. However, Ruby AND Pops have just mooched off Dre and Bow all these years. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Eh, I'm thinking Black Jesus actually told Earl, "Leave my name out of this Ruby mess. You're on your own with that one."

Kind of an unfortunate time for Tracee to be releasing a movie. I would've paid matinee prices to see it in a theater but for the pandemic. Guess I'll have wait until it's released on DVD.

Junior was killing those leather pants.

I still have a hard time hearing that Bobby Caldwell song and believing he's White.

Hope Ruby and Earl don't end up on Gilligan's Island.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1

I don't mind Ruby having continued to live there if she has money. Sometimes families choose to live together, plus she's been taking care of Devonte. It's not like the Johnson's were struggling financially and needed her to pitch in for rent. And what they'd have paid for childcare would have been a fortune anyway.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, possibilities said:

I don't mind Ruby having continued to live there if she has money. Sometimes families choose to live together, plus she's been taking care of Devonte. It's not like the Johnson's were struggling financially and needed her to pitch in for rent. And what they'd have paid for childcare would have been a fortune anyway.

Ruby taking care of Devnote? I thought Junior was the only one doing that, oh right plot over continuity. 

On 5/8/2020 at 8:31 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I still have a hard time hearing that Bobby Caldwell song and believing he's White.

I was today years old when I learned the singer of that song is white (just watched this epi on DVR). 

I don't mind Ruby & Pops hooking up occasionally, but I don't think I will like this romance. Maybe if this were the last season it would work for me, but I liked their  relationship as it was. 

• Love 1