Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

Yeah, that Outlander fandom is something else. Although, having seen the show it doesn't surprise me. When the couple you ship is allowed to have sex scenes like that, your fanbase is going to become absolutely rabid.

Nevermind if you count the books, the fanbase has been growing for decades. Claire has been an amazing character for decades first in books/minds & now on the screen. I was at first skeptical of CB casting & I still think she is a little too skinny. But she does capture the essence of Claire more than I thought she would & her chemistry with Jamie is HOT (sex scenes or no sex scenes, but hawt damn those sex scenes...)

A win for EBR would be an honor, but a close loss would also be an achievement.  I'm just hoping it all stays civil :)

• Love 1

There is no place on this site to discuss the fans of the show. If you find yourself typing the word "fans" stop and rethink your post. Unless you are saying "My cat, Diggle, and I are big fans of the show" then it's probably not going to be appropriate. Also reconsider the phrase Everyone Thinks and People Think. Talk about what you think and why you voted or feel about an award etc.

• Love 1

That's actually an improvement - at one point yesterday she was down to 40%.

The fans rallied to 48% from 38% which is actually really impressive :p That being said, it's all going to hell after tonight when everyone's going to be distracted. 

• Love 1

The fans ralied to 49.9 vs 50.1, that was the score right before 6 eastern.

However she's dropping hard now, I can only assume it's because everyone is obsessing over the trailer. Hopefully they get back to voting before it's too late.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Haha, Shatner is awesome. I'm looking forward to his live tweets when the show starts again.

Also wow! EBR is tied?! Fantastic. 

It's been dropping for the past two hours, though.  Highest was 50.2.  It's now at 50.005733, so barely 50%.  Same thing happened yesterday.  Aren't we done yet?  Not sure I'll last three more days.  On the upside, the CAPTCHA folks added a bunch new pictures.  I've seen grass, school bus, baby carriage, RVs, pie, all kinds of very random things.

Oh, and that tweet from William Shatner is adorable!

They went up a little bit, but then dropped back down when the panel was going on (same as yesterday). Outlander has a panel tomorrow, curious to see if that affects them.

Still impressed its a dead heat right now. I wasn't expecting that at all.

• Love 1

^ I never really vote in any of these polls, but I've been voting for EBR this time.

I'm curious--and this could be completely unfounded--but has E! ever exhibited bias against Felicity or Arrow? I ask because the pictures they chose of the two ladies are so different. The woman from Outlander is directly facing the camera and is rather regal, whereas Felicity is half-turned with her mouth open. Obviously Felicity isn't going to look regal, but they could have used a better shot of her--even one in which she's working.

Maybe they were limited because Felicity doesn't have a posed portrait, but they could have easily found a better candid shot.

If anything, E! has been accused of bias FOR Felicity, Olicity and Arrow because Tierney Bricker, one of the website's editors, is a good friend of Emily's. The photo might just be a case of the site not having any fresh ones of EBR/Felicity. I mean, the photo I see on Tumblr that links to the page is from "Dodger" in season 1 (another reason why Arrow needs newer cast photos; so sites don't have to resort to using fan manips or old ones). But I don't think this particular Felicity photo is bad (you should see the ones I reject for Hillary Clinton; I hate it when the media uses "angry woman" shots. Not that I support her, but if you're trying to make Jeb Bush and Ted Cruz look distinguished, you better make sure the other candidates, especially the women, look good as well).

ETA: I added the photo for easier comparison.

rs_560x415-150903080800-560.Outlander-Ar

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

Thanks, @SmallScreenDiva!

I'm not privy to which sites endorse which shows/characters, so I was just curious. When I was a tiny tot during the Carter vs. Reagan election, my dad would show me newspaper pictures and have me guess which candidate the publication favored. I was barely 5 years old, but the lesson took!

• Love 2

Kristin Santos isn't shy about the Olicity promotion either (even though SA name dropped MTV awards on her awards she seemed to forgive him). E! Is a very friendly website for Felicity and Olicity fans.

I've been voting more this round too. I'm hoping they can get a lead well the Outlander fandom is distracted by their panel because they keep dropping.

• Love 1

^ I never really vote in any of these polls, but I've been voting for EBR this time.

I'm curious--and this could be completely unfounded--but has E! ever exhibited bias against Felicity or Arrow? I ask because the pictures they chose of the two ladies are so different. The woman from Outlander is directly facing the camera and is rather regal, whereas Felicity is half-turned with her mouth open. Obviously Felicity isn't going to look regal, but they could have used a better shot of her--even one in which she's working.

Maybe they were limited because Felicity doesn't have a posed portrait, but they could have easily found a better candid shot.

Usually I would say that EOnline has an Outlander bias, but Arrow & Olicity are one of the exceptions (a few other shows are on that list too) to that rule. As mentioned above both Kristin & Tierney have a soft spot for both ARROW & Olicity. I think this is just a symptom of the larger CW promotion dept problem which hasn't given the media new stock photos of the main cast in a long time. Its also complicated by the fact that EBR was not part of the main cast in the first batch of promo shots, so there is probably even less for them to work with. Whereas Outlander is new, CB is the main female lead, so promotional photos of her are abundant.

That being said, I don't think the photos being used are having any sway in the voting at this stage in the game. The only people clicking away at the sight with repetition are Outlander & Arrow diehards or haters. But I think its more just the people who love CB or EBR at this point. The numbers are staying relatively consistent which makes me think that its more lovers & not haters that are participating. You have to really have an axe to grind if your willing to sit through that many recaptchas just to sway a vote out of hatred.

My Twitter & tumblr are an interesting place at this point since I am a fan of both shows. I'm getting desperate pleas on each side to keep voting. I'm throwing my support to EBR. But it will be nice when I can stop identifying foods/objects and boxes that have street signs in them.

• Love 1