Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

If it's "just the way it is" that haters vote against things in polls and there's nothing specific to point to and say there's definitely a concerted effort to get EBR out of the running then the haters thing would apply to all of the actresses, wouldn't it? I certainly know there are a number of Flash viewers who hate Iris/CP and will take any opportunity to knock both character and actress down and they're probably voting against her, too, but since that does happen to everyone it all just kind of cancels each other out and so there's no reason to bring it up in regards to just one person, IMO.

If it's "just the way it is" that haters vote against things in polls and there's nothing specific to point to and say there's definitely a concerted effort to get EBR out of the running then the haters thing would apply to all of the actresses, wouldn't it? I certainly know there are a number of Flash viewers who hate Iris/CP and will take any opportunity to knock both character and actress down and they're probably voting against her, too, but since that does happen to everyone it all just kind of cancels each other out and so there's no reason to bring it up in regards to just one person, IMO.

Yes, it would apply to both. The difference is I haven't actually seen anyone say bad things about CP and how the poll is 'obviously fixed' in her favor because her roommate works for e online and all this other bullshit about EBR. But sure, if you're seeing the same hate for CP, then it applies to all.

Edited by Guest

I don't know, I would think anyone who truly believes that the poll is fixed would be the least likely to vote at all because they would think their votes don't even matter. I see accusations that every poll like this is fixed in one way or the other, though, so no, I don't think this one is any different or that EBR's getting a particularly high number of hate votes made against her that it's worth pointing out.

People on this forum have voiced their surprise about CP's showing since the very first round, way before she was put up against EBR. I think it's time to accept that her fans just showed up to this one in a way that maybe they haven't on previous polls.

Well, this is the Arrow forum so why would anyone bring up CP and the voting in previous rounds until now? We're only talking about it now because she's up against a character from Arrow. 

And really this is getting blown out of proportion now. All that was said is that EBR might have haters voting against her. Yes, everyone else might have haters voting against them too. But again, this is an Arrow forum so focus is going to be on her. 

Okay let's just clear the muddy waters. 

1. This poll has been relatively civil which is surprising but that doesn't stop petty people from being petty and voting against certain characters. I don't know the Flash fandom enough to know the nature of the Iris haters as I do know the nature of Felicity haters (who can tend to be petty because they did vote against her and olicity in previous polls) which is why I never mentioned it because it's not my right. 
  2. It's great if CP wins. It's also great if EBR wins. We know CP has been dealt a relatively crap hand on the show which is why it's pleasantly surprising to see people rooting for her like they are because we know Iris has a lot of potential because CP elevates the material she has. 
  3. None of us have anything against CP fans or the flash fans, at least that's not how I read the posts. 

I apologize for being rude before.

This was the only round I voted in and #(&(*@(*^!!! those captchas! I want to preemptively apologize to the next person who happens to utter any of the following words in front of me: cabbage, peanuts, swimming pool, commercial trucks, street signs. To everyone who's been voting in all the rounds, y'all the true MVPs.

• Love 5

I was totally LOLing over the tweets about the capchas. There was something about cabbages, oranges, peanuts (though cashews were also involved), popcorn that asked you to click on tortellini, etc. I voted a number of times yesterday and they were driving me nuts (I HATE STREET SIGNS), so hats off to the folks who really put in the work.

I agree. I honestly hadn't realized she'd developed that much of a fanbase. I did think she was more popular than some people gave her credit for, but not enough that she could have beat Jennifer Morrison and Taraji Henson (I forget who she was against the other two rounds). So....that's really good. ;). I've felt like there's a tendency to write her off as The Flash's Laurel, but I've never agreed with that. I think she's a lot more popular and has a lot more support than Laurel ever did.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 5

This was the only round I voted in and #(&(*@(*^!!! those captchas! I want to preemptively apologize to the next person who happens to utter any of the following words in front of me: cabbage, peanuts, swimming pool, commercial trucks, street signs. To everyone who's been voting in all the rounds, y'all the true MVPs.

Add to that list, French Fries, kayaks, and burritos.  Although in my case all it did was make me really want a burrito. 

Oh the words... I forgot the words! When I was voting in one of the Eonline a few years back. I literally started to keep a tally or try to connect them back to my people I was voting for. I decided to make it a game. It was the only way to keep my sanity.

This round I got a lot of "I'm not a ROBOT". Not as fun.

Is there going to be a result at all ?

Since I participated in the GATV awards, I participated in this one in a purpose of accuracy (and I was very magnanimous, sparing the guy (?) of "Felicity saving Oliver in the ATOM suit" as my personal best stunt). The link just shows the poll and I'm scared of adventuring on Reddit considering its reputation, since I'm severely allergic to misogyny and assholes. 

Just curious, if there's a fearless and well-informed source who knows if I spent a minute of my time for the greater good or for nothing :)

So I was also curious about the results and after a couple of drinks to fortify myself, I found them here. The way the votes were "tallied" was pretty half-assed.  And the poll creator pretty much admits he got rid of most of the votes he didn't like. (I'm guessing "brigade" is code for "anyone that voted for positively for Felicity")

Google Docs file of the results for anyone that doesn't want to go to the page: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dKeJtFSFA0myzklSFYroaRwQd73UijsQ-V0p2NKtwhI/edit?usp=sharing

Summary of the poll by the creator:

Edit: I'm sorry to say that the vote was ruined by a literal vote brigade. But using a bunch of voodoo I was able to clip out probably 90% of the brigade responses. A few of you might have lost your votes, but what I ended with was moderately accurate. Unfortunately, it's a colossal pain in the ass to display pruned results in a graph of any form (you have to manually create formulas to count X amounts of each response), so I don't have a pretty graph for you guys.

The fact that these people are so damn insane that they had to brigade a survey is really a testament to how weird TV show fanbases can be, but here we are. I promise I'll do another one in the future and do a better job of dealing with these shit-fuckers.

I have to admit, I have more respect for Craig at GATV after looking at this mess.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

So I was also curious about the results and after a couple of drinks to fortify myself, I went looking for the results, here. The way the creator of the poll "tallied" was pretty half-assed, if I do say so myself. And he pretty much admits he got rid of most of the votes he didn't like. (I'm guessing "brigade" is code for "anyone that voted for positively for Felicity")

Google Docs file of the results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dKeJtFSFA0myzklSFYroaRwQd73UijsQ-V0p2NKtwhI/edit?usp=sharing

Summary of the poll by the creator:

I have to admit, I have more respect for Craig at GATV after looking at this mess.

Thank you, !

I would have said I lost a minute of my time, then...except that in the end, I find the whole thing hilarious and quite instructive. From what I read here, I have the feeling that fandoms of characters/pairings and whatnot always mobilize for polls, and all the more for polls like this one since IIRC it was created in answer to one that didn't please/looked suspicious to some of those fandoms...but maybe they aren't big enough to be called a "brigade"?

Morality: You can get rid of the votes you disagree with, but you can't invent what isn't there. In my very humble and yet at the moment very amused opinion.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 6

The answers for "Best Action Sequence" are great though. Most people went for Oliver vs. Ra's on the mountain, but others had stuff like this:

"no"

"when Diggle did stuff"

"I don't know Sara's death"

"the ones with thea"

"When Oliver killed the guy threatening to kill felicity"

"the one from the place with the thing"

"I can't choose just one!" (great answer)

"Oliver and Felicity *wink*"

"S1 ep 01 the parkour still sticks in my mind and I loved the hands on approach of Stephen.It hooked me for good."

"black driver"

"Hallway fight scene Daredevil"

"any one with Diggle"

"diggle wiggling"

"The desert takeover of Nanda Parbat was pretty legit"

"Diggle diggin it"

"Marc Guggenheim's Tumblr Hate"

"something something John Diggle."

"Sad Laurel dropping the milkshake french fry"

"Laurel fighting on the island" (wasn't that Thea?)

"I "dig" them all"

"NOT the bike fight"  (you slay me, anonymous person, you slay me)

"When Batman fought Ollie"

"I was really DIGing Oliver's death fight with the demons head"

"When Diggle did the thing"

"the one with the arrows and the fighting between characters"

"You know the song by Phil Collins, "In the Air Tonight" about that guy who coulda saved that other guy from drowning but didn't, then Phil saw it all, then at a show he found him?"

"Red Arrow doing them flips"

"The one where you caoul actually tell what was happening."

Definitive proof, once again, that Arrow needs more Diggle.

• Love 8

Wait, so that person didn't like the GATV poll results, made their own and didn't like the results again so basically cheated? How is that accurate and/or sane? I will never understand some people.

Yup, I only voted once on that poll but apparently I was part of the "brigade" and it was deleted.     I was able to cross reference my answers and determine it was definitely not counted.  Wasn't everyone only able to vote once?  Even with his heavy editing he BARELY achieved his agenda.   I think DJ Douchebag almost took the top spot for least favorite character away from Felicity. 

The answers for "Best Action Sequence" are great though. Most people went for Oliver vs. Ra's on the mountain, but others had stuff like this:

"no"

"when Diggle did stuff"

"I don't know Sara's death"

"the ones with thea"

"When Oliver killed the guy threatening to kill felicity"

"the one from the place with the thing"

"I can't choose just one!" (great answer)

"Oliver and Felicity *wink*"

"S1 ep 01 the parkour still sticks in my mind and I loved the hands on approach of Stephen.It hooked me for good."

"black driver"

"Hallway fight scene Daredevil"

"any one with Diggle"

"diggle wiggling"

"The desert takeover of Nanda Parbat was pretty legit"

"Diggle diggin it"

"Marc Guggenheim's Tumblr Hate"

"something something John Diggle."

"Sad Laurel dropping the milkshake french fry"

"Laurel fighting on the island" (wasn't that Thea?)

"I "dig" them all"

"NOT the bike fight" (you slay me, anonymous person, you slay me)

"I was really DIGing Oliver's death fight with the demons head"

"When Diggle did the thing"

"the one with the arrows and the fighting between characters"

"You know the song by Phil Collins, "In the Air Tonight" about that guy who coulda saved that other guy from drowning but didn't, then Phil saw it all, then at a show he found him?"

"Red Arrow doing them flips"

Definitive proof, once again, that Arrow needs more Diggle.

Those are some of the best action sequences ever!! (Jk) Especially the Eminem quote for a song that I don't think has ever been played or mentioned on Arrow. That one might be my fav. Seriously the free text responses are hysterical.

That poll was problematic from beginning to end. But can't say some of it wasn't good for a laugh.

Here's to keeping things civil (Outlander Ambassador is an Outlander fan-based group)...

Outlander Ambassador ‏@OutlanderAmbass
.@EmilyBett #Arrow #Olicity Fandom Congrats on making the #GirlonTop Finals. #Outlander LOVE
5:54 PM - 2 Sep 2015

https://twitter.com/OutlanderAmbass/status/639240038635732992

Response from Smoak & Arrow...

Smoak & Arrow ‏@SmoaknArrow
Congrats to the #Outlander fandom, too!  It's gonna be a great finale vote.  :)  #Olicity #GirlOnTop2015 #ClassActs
6:49 PM - 2 Sep 2015

https://twitter.com/SmoaknArrow/status/639253918275399680

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I know I'm a terrible person but I want the trailer more than EBR to win this poll.

I honestly thought (hoped) the trailer would come out yesterday.

I now worry it may end up like the S3 poster. Lots of waiting then mass annoyance...I hope not.

I honestly thought (hoped) the trailer would come out yesterday.

I now worry it may end up like the S3 poster. Lots of waiting then mass annoyance...I hope not.

Which is why I kind of don't want the stupid trailer.

As far as I know, something Diggle related is getting released today and then something Tomorrow or Saturday (which is probably the trailer).  Although I'm not sure why they'd release it this weekend instead of waiting until after the Holiday.

As far as the E-Online Poll goes, I'd really like to see EBR win but, I'm just really happy she's holding her own and it's a close race.

• Love 1

I agree. I honestly hadn't realized she'd developed that much of a fanbase. I did think she was more popular than some people gave her credit for, but not enough that she could have beat Jennifer Morrison and Taraji Henson (I forget who she was against the other two rounds). So....that's really good. ;). I've felt like there's a tendency to write her off as The Flash's Laurel, but I've never agreed with that. I think she's a lot more popular and has a lot more support than Laurel ever did.

She's gorgeous, an excellent actress, and comes across on film as very warm.  I feel like she's who Laurel would have been S1 with a different actress...the writing would stink no matter what, but the character would have potential because of the actress.

• Love 2

We have to vote until Tuesday?! There's no way I can vote everyday and also the E website is driving me insane. I keep accidentally clicking on one of their stories at the top and nope. No way I'm doing this for the next four days.

Regardless of what happens though (pretty sure Outlander will be win it anyway) I'm pleased EBR got through to the final two, especially after a season of split opinion on Felicity. She did good!

Edited by Guest

"no"

"NOT the bike fight"  (you slay me, anonymous person, you slay me)

These are my faves, but this whole list had me dying laughing.

• Love 1

We have to vote until Tuesday?! There's no way I can vote everyday and also the E website is driving me insane. I keep accidentally clicking on one of their stories at the top and nope. No way I'm doing this for the next four days.

Regardless of what happens though (pretty sure Outlander will be win it anyway) I'm pleased EBR got through to the final two, especially after a season of split opinion on Felicity. She did good!

I'm personally just sick of pointing out candy and swimming pools. Both of which I want desperately right now.

• Love 1

I'm just gonna say this before I hide away in my own little corner... But part of me doesn't want EBR to win. Not because I don't think she deserves it or isn't kickass amazing enough - because she is both. But part of me is afraid a win will only garner her more hatred from her haters. I just don't want to see another view of the ugliness that fandoms can breed. It's naive to think it, but part of me hopes that she & FS will eventually be accepted & not used as target practice for people's bitterness. A win in this category will only draw a bigger target on her back. Ok nervous rant done.

Let them hate her, then. It's just a silly online poll that means nothing in the grand scheme of things, other than the fact that (if she wins) she had more obsessive voters than CB did. Besides, the truly bitter faction hate Olicity fans more than they dislike EBR, so they'd probably just write off everyone who voted as being an obsessed shipper.

• Love 3

I keep hearing about this Flash podcast. So this guy twitters negatively about EBR/Felicity and a girl from the cast posts an article including LL in Vixen, saying it was confirmed when it clearly wasn't.

Why do they even talk Arrow?

I know I'm a terrible person but I want the trailer more than EBR to win this poll.

The poll really doesn't seem that important to win.  I really mean it when I say it's enough of an honor just to be nominated.

Also EBR is losing 41.4% to 58.6%

;p

Yeah, that Outlander fandom is something else. Although, having seen the show it doesn't surprise me. When the couple you ship is allowed to have sex scenes like that, your fanbase is going to become absolutely rabid.

• Love 4