Type keyword(s) to search

The Kelly Clarkson Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

And she's 40 - she's not 20.   If she was 20, I could kind of understand it.

Every time ANYTHING happens or anyone says ANYTHING it's always the same reaction

1) Guffaws

2)  throws head back, eyes tight

3)  claps like a seal

4)  "OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU.  YOU'RE SO FUNNY.  (REPEATS JOKE).  OH MY GOD THAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD."

5)  wipes away tears

and when she's being extra dramatic?  Falls to her knees on the ground.

Rachael Ray has become the same way. Totally over reacts and obnoxious. Claps like a hyper seal with her guest , no matter who. Really weird.

She had Dolly Parton on the other day and was so hyper sucking up to her Dolly nicely said something to the effect of giving Rachael time to calm down during the commercial break. But even Dolly seemed put off by her over the top reaction. It is embarrassing to most guests I suspect and it must make being interviewed that much harder when the host is like that. Kelly and Rachael need to dial it back a whole lot imo.

2 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

UO, I guess. I like her. I like Drew too. I couldn’t stand mean girl Ellen. 

I hear ya. I like them both too, actually ! They just need to take some talk show host lessons imo.

Edited by seasons
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, seasons said:

Rachael Ray has become the same way. Totally over reacts and obnoxious. Claps like a hyper seal with her guest , no matter who. Really weird.She had Dolly Parton on the other day and was so hyper sucking up to her Dolly n.

Is Rachael Ray still on?  How could this be?  She’s always been awful. Where Drew and Kelly C have actual performance talent, RR just became famous by accident being on local TV. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Is Rachael Ray still on?  How could this be?  She’s always been awful. Where Drew and Kelly C have actual performance talent, RR just became famous by accident being on local TV. 

Is RR still on? Yes. She just built a custom made villa in Italy and is filming there for some new show (forgot the name) on the Food Network.

Her home that burned down in New York has finally been rebuilt. Looks beautiful. Although I would like to dislike her, I can't. Just because of all the money she donates to animal rescue/welfare. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Kelly's show has moved to 4 PM on the local affiliate, and so far I've had limited success at remembering to at least flip over to watch the Kellyoke segment.  It didn't help that on the day of the season premiere (when I would remember because of all the ads), the show was preempted for an infomercial and the national news before the Emmys.  They figured they didn't need to air the show later because it's on a different channel the next morning (plus 4 AM on Bravo).  After just seeing the singing online the first two days, I did watch Kelly singing "Just Fine" by Mary J. Blige yesterday.  She did a great job and had me walking around humming the song for a while.

• Sad 1
10 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

Kelly's show has moved to 4 PM on the local affiliate, and so far I've had limited success at remembering to at least flip over to watch the Kellyoke segment.  It didn't help that on the day of the season premiere (when I would remember because of all the ads), the show was preempted for an infomercial and the national news before the Emmys.  They figured they didn't need to air the show later because it's on a different channel the next morning (plus 4 AM on Bravo).  After just seeing the singing online the first two days, I did watch Kelly singing "Just Fine" by Mary J. Blige yesterday.  She did a great job and had me walking around humming the song for a while.

Kelly is now on at 2pm PST. Used to be on at 3pm.

Today's show: "Road Trip New York". I missed the first half hour so if anyone can enlighten me on the opening song "Mas O Menos Antes".  I guess I could google it but I'm too lazy right now! Lol. Thanks.

I watched Kelly more at 3 PM than at 4, where she is in my area now.  I still watch her sing every day, but then miss the first guest for the most part while cleaning the litter boxes.  Sometimes I will watch the rest of the show if nothing else is on.  It's also annoying that the NBC affiliate now advertises their upcoming news broadcast every commercial break, sometimes two or three times (at 3 PM they only advertised once in the middle of the show and then after the closing credits).  It makes them look very desperate! 

Stumbled on this show late night on Bravo, Sunday night at 4am. The December 2nd show.

Question for anyone:

Cher is the guest. Wow ! That's quite a "get", Kelly.

But why is the glamourous Cher in the studio, being interviewed while seated on the couch, while Kelly is on a TV screen, at home (?), obviously without makeup on. Yikes, she looked bad.

Is Kelly sick ?

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Applause 1

Yes, she announced at the very beginning that she has COVID.  They have had a few guest hosts recently who only said Kelly "didn't feel well."  She did this interview because she didn't want to miss Cher.  There have also been a few recent episodes apparently taped earlier where Kelly has been in studio, so it gets confusing.

• Useful 2

Kelly seems to get covid often. Or maybe covid is codewords for " I'm staying home today." It really was bizarre to see Cher on Kelly's couch in the studio and Kelly on Facetime or whatever it's called.

Cher's face is getting more and more frozen every time I see her on a live broadcast. She can barely laugh.

• Like 2

Kelly is okay now, as she just accepted the Best Daytime Talk Show award at the People's Choice Awards.  I kind of guessed she won something, as I'd earlier seen her dancing with her daughter to Shania Twain.  She mentioned that her son is still sick.  Who knows when her show will be back to normal with the way they tape.  She thanked presenter Niecy Nash for filling in as a host, and I'm not sure if that one has aired yet.

• Like 2

I don’t know her, only something to do with American Idol?  I watched her show for the first time today, and really liked it.  It had a nice flow.  Her show was interesting, and she was very pleasant and not over the top.  She interviewed Emma Roberts and so far didn’t scream.  She’s a little on the heavy side, but shouldn’t dress like an old lady.  No need.  There’s plenty of outfits that would look great on her.  A stylist maybe?  I’ll watch again, and the time is good.

• Like 1
On 12/5/2022 at 9:08 PM, chenoa333 said:

Kelly seems to get covid often. Or maybe covid is codewords for " I'm staying home today." It really was bizarre to see Cher on Kelly's couch in the studio and Kelly on Facetime or whatever it's called.

Cher's face is getting more and more frozen every time I see her on a live broadcast. She can barely laugh.

She had to amp it up since she has the new young boyfriend. Lol.

• LOL 2
On 7/15/2022 at 2:32 AM, EtheltoTillie said:

I tried to watch her in the beginning.  She opens up lots of cans, and uses a zillion red onions in almost everything.  Too much heartburn stuff.  Sure her cooking is easy.  Everything is opened and at her disposal.

4 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I don’t know her, only something to do with American Idol?  I watched her show for the first time today, and really liked it.  It had a nice flow.  Her show was interesting, and she was very pleasant and not over the top.  She interviewed Emma Roberts and so far didn’t scream.  She’s a little on the heavy side, but shouldn’t dress like an old lady.  No need.  There’s plenty of outfits that would look great on her.  A stylist maybe?  I’ll watch again, and the time is good.

I think Kelly does have a stylist. A bad one. 

On 1/20/2023 at 4:13 AM, chenoa333 said:

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
9 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Kelly Clarkson was the very 1st Winner of American Idol(back in the days of Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul & Randy Jackson), she was so cute back then.  I voted for her :)  Its unfortunate that her stylist dresses her in terrible, unflattering clothes(she seemed to wear better outfits when judging on "The Voice")

• Like 5
46 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Kelly Clarkson was the very 1st Winner of American Idol(back in the days of Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul & Randy Jackson), she was so cute back then.  I voted for her :)  Its unfortunate that her stylist dresses her in terrible, unflattering clothes(she seemed to wear better outfits when judging on "The Voice")

Yes. Kelly is a very pretty woman but apparently there is some "type" of image celebrities are supposed to follow. Fuck that. I think Kelly looks gorgeous even when she is doing a Facetime from her home and she has no make up and wearing a baseball cap!

• Like 2

I think Kelly would look awesome if they would just let her wear casual clothing.  Like a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and a blazer.  Boots, cowboy boots.  That type of thing.  She would look great and it would suit her personality so much better.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
On 6/25/2020 at 1:22 PM, VCRTracking said:

She says when she was at her skinniest, around 2005, she was also at her least healthy. It's doubtful she'd want to go back to that, or could after two kids. Before she started dating Brandon in 2012, I thought she looked great. When she sang the national anthem at the Super Bowl. Not skinny but not fat either.

Kelly-Clarkson.thumb.jpg.5794f0b774caf9cbdad09bcd3e0c8c74.jpg

That’s her?????  WOW.  The hair is gorgeous ..  she looks great.  I’ve never seen her bare arms before.

• Like 1

Today's episode with Benjamin Bratt. Kelly must have a new stylist because her entire look from make up to hair to clothes was so natural and pretty. And I think she wasn't wearing a big thick belt either! She looked beautiful.

• Like 1

I don’t know where to post this but Kelly hosted the NFL awards last night and I caught a glimpse of the end and per usual her styling was awful. Really bad red carpet dress and whatever that monstrosity was at the end. I don’t know if she’s in on the joke or what but why does she always wear awful clothes. It has nothing to do with her weight, even if she were a size two the clothes she wears would still be ugly.

• Like 4
On 2/10/2023 at 8:58 AM, mostlylurking said:

I don’t know where to post this but Kelly hosted the NFL awards last night and I caught a glimpse of the end and per usual her styling was awful. Really bad red carpet dress and whatever that monstrosity was at the end. I don’t know if she’s in on the joke or what but why does she always wear awful clothes. It has nothing to do with her weight, even if she were a size two the clothes she wears would still be ugly.

Imo, some people lack good taste in fashion.  They just don’t have it.  Kelly is talented in many ways, but she has no taste in clothing.  And, she hires people who put her in clothes she likes, which is a mistake because she has no taste.  Since Kelly is the executive producer, I guess she gets away with it.  Diane Keaton used to be known for her poor fashion decisions too.  I think she finally started listening to others.  

• Like 4
On 1/25/2023 at 4:54 PM, chenoa333 said:

I think Kelly does have a stylist. A bad one. 

Hahaha, you’re right.  Her dresses are from “ House on the Prairie” or something like that.  Like she just came out of the corn field.  Fire her stylist!.  Another one to add to the list of divorced women is Reese Witherspoon.  Her third marriage.  Yikes!  Wtf?  One husband to the next.  I just watched Moonstruck again.  Cher was beautiful with beautiful lips.  Why do they think looking like a flounder is pretty?  I don’t get it.

On the last show when Kelly performed "abcdefu," I thought that she had changed the lyrics when she said something about "and the fact that you got half."  The original singer is pretty young and hasn't been married as far as I know, so she wouldn't be referring to a divorce.  Sure enough, Entertainment Tonight had a story about Kelly changing the lyrics and they pointed out how much she has to pay her ex-husband and the fact that he and his dad are still suing her.  ET always jumps right on it when Kelly makes any type of reference to her divorce, including when she changed some of the lyrics to a Billie Eilish song in an earlier Kellyoke.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

How did Kelly lose weight? Exercise and cutting out fattening foods? Ozempic? Adderall?

She looks great whatever method she used. And so glad she's not wearing the bright lipstick colors and the big thick belts. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Quof said:

If it was our business, she would have told us?

Apparently she did tell us. I didn't have time to Google search it when I posted my previous question. So she did tell us. My apologies. 

I have been watching this a lot more this season as it is like the old Kelly is back.  Not about her weight being down specifically but it has impacted how she feels, how she relates to guests, etc.  You can tell the move to NYC suits her.  And I can’t lie, it is refreshing to see her in normal outfits…she looks great.

• Like 3