Type keyword(s) to search

Guardians of the Galaxy Mafia

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

I'm not trying to implicate anyone, just demostrating that resignation can apply to more than just me and therefore probably not a clue at all. @Drogo likes to get me killed often, maybe as i tried to kill him in the last game lol

That was what I was doing with my first few thrown out thoughts, the anxiety thing and the impatience thing... and I even thought the Churchill thing was stronger than the West Wing thing until Deaja came in and said no one resigned. I wasn’t going to comment at all but my brain went “HOYNES!” because, well because I remembered he did resign and it seemed hinkey to me that someone who lists the show as their favorite wouldn’t when he was kind of the “bad guy” for a while and I was personally very happy when he resigned. 

I agree that it’s probably nothing... but... hinkey. That’s all I’m saying. 

2 hours ago, CuriousParker said:

The profile is not your Primetimer profile but your PT Mafia Profile.

Game wise?  I got nothin'.

Ah. I was thinking of my profile from Friendly Mafia Fun.

1 hour ago, Hanged Man said:

OK got and read my PM and I am up to speed. Except I noticed no nothings in my prior perusement (wait, that's not a word? hmm whats the noun of peruse? Huh, there isn't one. Fine) perusing peerage (wait, that's the wrong peer? wtf English? there are a lot of words that desperately require nounifying. WHAT‽‽ nounifying isn't a word either‽ Ugh what's the gerunding of noun? there isn't one... Sigh, what's the gerund of gerund? I really should be in charge of English)

T'ain't seen nuttin on first readin'

The word you are looking for is "perusal."

In other news, I got bupkus but you know I'll come up with something before long.

2 minutes ago, meet trouble said:

The word you are looking for is "perusal."

Perusal is the word I was looking for, what is wrong with Google that it gave me verb, 3rd person present, past tense, past participle, and gerund or present participle but not the frikkin noun? Google is not to be trusted

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, deaja said:

Good point.  I did forget about that arc because I was thinking of the main characters/President. Either way. I think it is a strained clue, much like your anxiety clue.  So maybe @Lisin and @Deadpool are trying to implicate me together as villains.

Maybe.. how can we find out?  

5 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Maybe.. how can we find out?  

Well, if this were Scooby Doo, we could 

unmask GIF by Scooby-Doo

But it isn't.  So I think we would need to do a DL.  But I don't see support for that yet.

Yeah historically the safest way to find out who the baddies are is to DL peeps and check voting records over time and hope we (the heroes) don't kill so many of our own that we still have a majority in voting time. Though more than than 2 teams can really compromise that strategy. Are we thinking Ravagers + Guardians + Nova Corp vs Ronin, Thanos, Nebula, Korath & ?

What about the Collector? Could Gamorra be recruitable?

Could the power stone be a character? Recruitable? I doubt it but it is an interesting thought.

17 minutes ago, Hanged Man said:

Ravagers + Guardians + Nova Corp vs Ronin, Thanos, Nebula, Korath & ?

It's been years since I saw the movie - I have seen some of the characters in Infinity War obviously, but maybe a basic rundown will help us.  

I'll start with what I know and maybe others can fill in the blanks:

Guardians:

1) Star Lord/ Peter

2) Gamora

3) Groot

4) Rocket

5) Dax

6) Mantis

Villains:

1) Thanos 

2) Nebula

3) Collector

4) Ego

Then there are some that I would consider to be ambiguous:

1) Yondu

I was just looking at a character list and I honestly don't remember half the characters, so I might need to rewatch.

2 minutes ago, CuriousParker said:

I am Curious.  Who's up for a Day 1 DL?

I am. Unless I am the target. In which case I am firmly opposed. 😉

Mantis and Ego are introduced in the second movie, and I would say shouldn't be in this game. Though I could be wrong

I love Day 1 votes, I hate D1 DLs since I consider there to never be enough evidence to be right. And we generally end up killing a hero. Which doesn't help our cause.

11 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I could be up for a Day 1 DL with a compelling target.  

Yeah, the problem I'm having is there are no compelling clues jumping out at me and there are still so many players who haven't chimed in. 

Thanks for the tag @Drogo ...

Left the house at 9am this morning and just getting home ... need a little time to eat dinner, shower and then get up to speed.  

Did a quick read through ... nothing jumped out at me.  Yet ... 

And just for the record ... I am a hero.  Be back in a bit ...

2 hours ago, Hanged Man said:

What about the Collector? Could Gamorra be recruitable?

The Collector doesn’t really seem to be a hero, but I guess could be vanilla good guy...

And Gomorra HAS to be a hero, right?

Mantis and Ego are introduced in the second movie, and I would say shouldn't be in this game. Though I could be wrong

I love Day 1 votes, I hate D1 DLs since I consider there to never be enough evidence to be right. And we generally end up killing a hero. Which doesn't help our cause.

Based on the Pirates game, I will assume both movies are in play which makes Mantis an obvious hero. Ego is a bad guy, but also was kind of all about Ego. Not really a team player. I looked at older games and do see roles for characters like Ego, looks like villain but really only cares if he wins.

Given that we aren’t even sure there is a clue, I’m mildly concerned we’ll shoot one of us by accident.

Mildly.

I could easily be convinced otherwise. 

Per our Mod:

"The game will use both volumes 1 and 2 for its inspiration and feature music clips (*how can it not?) as well as gifs and perhaps movie clips too!"

For the rest of it, I'm pretty much feeling my way around. Heroically, of course, but feeling around. That, and trying to keep from getting my toes crushed.

• Useful 1

Finally caught up and realized a few things:

- being a late worker AND a slow reader means all the good guesses are already out there (and probably a few bad ones)

- I was convinced the frog/turtle references were clues — until I realized that those lines were actually in the movie. *facepalm*

- I’m not a villain, I’m just rusty and horrible at finding clues. I was actually beginning to think that maybe there weren’t any — but then everyone was like “no way there’s no clues!” 

2 hours ago, CuriousParker said:

I’m never against a day one DL unless I’m the subject 😉 but really I don’t see anyone I’d want to vote against yet, we’ve still got what just under 24 hours for more discussion. 

I’d consider Yondu to be more good than bad... he is Mary fucking Poppins after all. 

original.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Well if we include characters from the second movie then TaserFace (hehe) is a potential villain. Sorry if someone is actually playing Taserface.

Also we absolutely should at least start a vote on people. If we go through the whole day without people taking some stand one way or another then we have learned nothing and given the villains a consequence free day.  Therefore if we haven't gotten anywhere by tomorrow morning I will start a DL on somebody.

I do have to say "my bad" ... I honestly didn't know about a "Mafia" profile.  

I'm back ... reading through the story, not once, not twice, but three times ... and still got nothing.  So to speak.  

3 hours ago, deaja said:

Villains:

1) Thanos 

2) Nebula

3) Collector

4) Ego

Isn't "Ronan" like one of the primary villains?  It's been a while since I watched these two movies, but we can't forget him.  One would wonder why he was not included.  Things that make you go hmmmmm.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Drogo said:

The good news is: so far, everyone is a Hero. 

I am waiting for the game that doesnt have villains and the heroes just go around killing each other. And nothing happens at night and each morning the heroes are like "Whew we got lucky" and there aren't any true clues but the mod says "yeah, there are totally like three clues in that story" and the whole game is nobody stopping and doing some critical thinking.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2

I'm usually more into a D1 DL and don't get too sad if we hit a Hero... but I also just saw this movie for the  first time and I simply don't want to live in a world where I accidentally helped kill Rocket. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BizBuzz said:

I do have to say "my bad" ... I honestly didn't know about a "Mafia" profile.  

I'm back ... reading through the story, not once, not twice, but three times ... and still got nothing.  So to speak.  

Isn't "Ronan" like one of the primary villains?  It's been a while since I watched these two movies, but we can't forget him.  One would wonder why he was not included.  Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Yeah, we started it up at the Friendly Mafia Fun site to give mods a non-player-name way to create clues. I haven't done it here yet because I had a bit of a brain fart.

BTW, welcome back, @BizBuzz!

Back to business, I'd be willing to bet that not all playing characters were named in this first story.

Well, my idea for a DL is out the window.  I was going to suggest picking anyone that didn't show up yesterday.  Everybody showed.  I have no idea who to DL now. 

I am Curious.

16 minutes ago, CuriousParker said:

Well, my idea for a DL is out the window.  I was going to suggest picking anyone that didn't show up yesterday.  Everybody showed.  I have no idea who to DL now. 

I am Curious.

I see what you did there.  😉

Okay, so this is only my second game. And while I grasp the main concepts, I'm still picking up on some of the nuances as we go along.

For example, in the PotC game, we threw around a whole bunch of ideas about what the clue was in day one, but eventually opted not to DL anybody. A lot of that day one talk, however, did come back into the decision making later on. (If I remember correctly, some of my wild speculation eventually contributed to fellow hero @festivus getting eliminated. Oops.) In this game, the experienced players are talking about a day one DL being useful, but not if it actually results in a DL?

Is this just to get an early voting record? Let me work through this:

• I'm assuming some heroes will just abstain to make sure they don't kill off a fellow hero. 
  • So if the DL manages to pick a villain, it would have to get 9 of 10 heroes to go along with it.  If most heroes don't jump in, it would make sense for a villain or two to jump on board. Which just mucks it up.
  • If the DL picks a hero, the thought is that we'll get the same participation from some number of heroes, but possibly some extra action from the five bad guys, which could actually garner the full 9 votes?

Which I think I understand now why the day 1 DL usually kills off a hero. It's sort of a sacrificial lamb to draw out some Villain votes.
16 hours ago, Deadpool said:

@Drogo likes to try and get me killed often, maybe as i tried to kill him in the last game lol

OMG remember our POTC parole officers said we should stop talking about that.  Let's try to move on and have a nice time here in GOTG.  

14 hours ago, CuriousParker said:

@CuriousParker you have so many gifts and subtlety is one of them.  A deciduously delicious trait.  

4 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

some of my wild speculation eventually contributed to fellow hero @festivus getting eliminated. Oops.)

That happens, JT.  

7 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

So if the DL manages to pick a villain, it would have to get 9 of 10 heroes to go along with it.  If most heroes don't jump in, it would make sense for a villain or two to jump on board. Which just mucks it up.

It would have to get 9 votes to complete, but the information you get even if it doesn't complete when a Villain is on the hot plate... is juicy juicy information that you can come back to later when one of them inevitably dies. 

So you put someone on the hot plate and see how much sizzle you get.  That said, 

1 to DL JTMacc (Drogo) 8 to learn the lessons

I am a follower, not a leader ... and even though I had a little laugh at what just transpired, I am going to sit back for a bit to watch what happens.

I am a hero that is quite easily lead.  Just sayin'.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Drogo said:

That's not what starting a DL on me demonstrates.

Here's the way I saw it:

• If you were a bad guy, my prattling on gave you a perfect opportunity to take a shot at killing me off without ever looking like a bad guy.
  • If you were a fellow good guy, then at the very least I'm splitting the votes and not getting myself killed off.
16 hours ago, deaja said:

Then there are some that I would consider to be ambiguous:

1) Yondu

3 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

Here's the way I saw it:

• If you were a bad guy, my prattling on gave you a perfect opportunity to take a shot at killing me off without ever looking like a bad guy.
  • If you were a fellow good guy, then at the very least I'm splitting the votes and not getting myself killed off.

There seems to be an ambiguous layer ... where would that fall @JTMacc99?

2 minutes ago, BizBuzz said:

I am a follower, not a leader ... and even though I had a little laugh at what just transpired, I am going to sit back for a bit to watch what happens.

I am a hero that is quite easily lead.  Just sayin'.

I can also be swayed to another DL discussion, save for a few people I feel have been forthcoming for example you, Biz.  

Just now, JTMacc99 said:

If you were a bad guy, my prattling on gave you a perfect opportunity to take a shot at killing me off without ever looking like a bad guy.

If I were a bad guy, I wouldn't be starting Day 1 DLs on an active poster who was going to question my motives all day long... and how praytell would I NOT look like a bad guy if you were killed on a DL I started and you were a Hero?  

Just now, JTMacc99 said:

If you were a fellow good guy, then at the very least I'm splitting the votes and not getting myself killed off.

I think you meant to say if I "were a fellow good guy" at the very least you'd be splitting the votes and "not getting either of us killed off."  If we are both good guys, self-preservation shouldn't be your goal.  

Your points don't seem to consider that I might be a Hero who suspects you are a Villain.  

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

Which I think I understand now why the day 1 DL usually kills off a hero. It's sort of a sacrificial lamb to draw out some Villain votes.

Correct. But what if you could get the votes and not kill a hero? Of course the villains know you're trying to lure them out and may not vote or even fight the vote to establish cred. At the end of every vote you have a record and you know that when a hero votes, they do it out of ignorance and when any character dies you can see what they argued for and against and what they voted for and against and the dead don't lie. 

4 hours ago, CuriousParker said:

Well, my idea for a DL is out the window.  I was going to suggest picking anyone that didn't show up yesterday.

That's what I was going to go with also.

Well I ran really fast to get here to start a DL and I don't need to, but I don't like either one of these DLs

1 to DL Drogo (JTMacc) 8 to help demonstrate that JT is a quick learner

I am going to post this and then go over peoples post and then vote

• Love 1

It's been a while since I've played any Mafia games but I do know that I stick by my usual mantra, which is no Day 1 DLs for me. I never feel comfortable enough to even attempt a DL based off of one story, so unless there's a really compelling case made, I'm likely to sit this one out. 

But I can honestly say that I am enjoying the discussions being had. I think all of you bring up some points that I never even thought of. But still, I can't find myself willing to go for a Day 1 DL. At the very least, even if a DL doesn't go through today, this has gotten the ball rolling on who might be on which side. So it hasn't been a wasteful day. 

How much time do we have left until the end of Day, anyway? A few more hours?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

How much time do we have left until the end of Day, anyway? A few more hours?

Roughly 7 hours.

See how helpful I am? Proof that I am a hero.

I got dl'd in the last game because I wasn't able to play due to circumstances beyond my control, so I didn't really learn much. I'm trying to pay attention this time. I would say that I don't see any clue that points to either of the people on the block right now so I wouldn't want to vote because I'd probably be taking out a fellow hero.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

Are we sure there aren't any tree, forest, or wood related clues we could use to point to him? 😄 😛 

Well, like I said, I haven't seen the movies much or for awhile, but I seem to remember Groot being a tree, so clearly that points to Spruce as a hero.

**Disclaimer - this is 100% tongue in cheek so if he's a villain, I was not trying to protect him.

9 minutes ago, deaja said:

Well, like I said, I haven't seen the movies much or for awhile, but I seem to remember Groot being a tree, so clearly that points to Spruce as a hero.

a spruce is a conifer and Groot is not, wrong leaves. 😉

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Hanged Man said:

a spruce is a conifer and Groot is not, wrong leaves. 😉

Oh. Good point. Let's DL him.

Well I ran really fast to get here to start a DL and I don't need to, but I don't like either one of these DLs

1 to DL Drogo (JTMacc) 8 to help demonstrate that JT is a quick learner

What DL would you like, HM?

• Love 1