Type keyword(s) to search

Guardians of the Galaxy Mafia

• Start Topic

Night two wasn’t much better @Lisin. 😂

BTW, I totally agree with the choice to execute me regardless of how legit my reply might have sounded. 
Minimal downside if I was a hero: You lose your third execution, you lose a hero very early on when you’re already way ahead with the two early villain kills and have a good feel for several heroes (so no big deal if my death was an oops.) Huge upside: My chatty-butt left a trail of stuff to work with. 

• LOL 1

I think my fatal flaw in this game was that it's my favourite movie, but I was cast as a villain, so I couldn't really hint at my character. I tried to insinuate that I was one of the Nova Corps jailers (when I called you all "a-holes" and said I didn't think that any of you were "100% a dick"), but obviously none of you bought it.

Also didn't help that the first couple of days happened to fall right in the middle of my work week, and the hotel was full, so I didn't get much of a chance to check in, and even completely missed the second day altogether.

Still, good games, you shall all feel my wrath from beyond the grave, yadda yadda.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

BTW, I totally agree with the choice to execute me regardless of how legit my reply might have sounded. 

You were destined for death because I targeted you, too.  So if drogo didn't execute, you were dead anyway. 😄  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lisin said:

Btw did @SilverStormm send you the last part of my answer where I thanked you for two hots and a cot and for keeping me safe? Also I STILL CANNOT BELIEVE no one else thought @deajasaying no one ever resigned on TWW was shady! Like, I knew she wasn’t a villain and I knew the whole West Wing thing wasn’t a clue but STILL!!! 

This is why I’m not a writer! That might have worked!

You have more faith in my abilities than the rest. Everyone else was willing to except

my (totally legit) “she’s not a villain, just an idiot” defense. 

Seriously though, playing in the mental space I was in the last few weeks was not good. This week, my thinking is so much clearer now that the dreaded test is done! 😂

59 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

Word of advice folks, watch out for @JTMacc99 - methinks he's gonna be a formidable player soon enough

4 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

You were destined for death because I targeted you, too.  So if drogo didn't execute, you were dead anyway. 😄  

I was just about to reply to @SilverStormm that I’m not sure that getting role blocked, checked, jailed, executed AND murdered in the first two nights is a particularly good indication that I’m getting better at this. Yet. 

• LOL 2

Oh - I missed getting the clue on the first DL and I was so excited to actually be useful with info off the second DL, and the game’s already over!

I had not been recruitable before, and being Nebula made me nervous when it seemed everyone immediately assumed she was a villain. (I buried my “recruitable” clues to try to avoid the villains attention, and stayed away from Nebula mentions.) It was only after Deaja floated the idea of Nebula as the recruitable hero that I thought I could clue people in the next day.

7 hours ago, garnetarden said:

I had not been recruitable before, and being Nebula made me nervous when it seemed everyone immediately assumed she was a villain.

Team villain had Nebula pegged as the recruitable player right from the start, not that it did us any good. 

We also thought that Yondu would be a particularly dangerous character, with the fancy arrow and all, and had to go ASAP if found before he killed any of us. (Again, we were right, not that it did us any good.)

It’s what got @Machiabelly killed when he said he was a hero who might not look like one at first. That was either Yondu or perfectly acceptable consolation prize Gamora. 

• Love 2

Well dang, didn't expect to wake up to this!  Great (but short) game.  Obviously my Mafia skills are a little rusty.

I totally thought Drogo was Star-Lord and Deadpool was Yondu, ha!

Very interesting abilities SS, very well put together game, and as per normal your stories rock. 

Sorry about the block for two nights in a row A1, I surely did think you were a villain but now that I know who you are, you played your part well.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, SilverStormm said:
  • deaja: Selected Biz to receive extra use of ability
  • BizBuzz: Roleblocked JTM & deaja (thereby cancelling out her own 2nd use. This game, lol)

I'm going to also say this part really amused me when reading the summary.  

Guardians of the Galaxy Mafia Awards

(Now with added giffage!)

• The Float Like A Butterfly, Sting Like A Bee Award - @Deadpool

tenor.gif?itemid=5532744

qY_xZe.gif

200w.webp?cid=790b7611a3881f97aef255bee9

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=3545937

• The Fool Me Once Shame On You, Oh Wait, Award - @Drogo

original.gif

• The Return Of The Mack Fluttershy Award - @BizBuzz

9a257d7fb8a851b91e6802b9447bf61e.gif 

Spoiler

full.gif

• The Imma Sherlocking The Shit Outta This Award - @Hanged Man

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a3881f97aef255bee9

• The Rooty Tooty Point And Shooty Inspectorating Award - @saoirse

tenor.gif

• The Roger Rabbit I Woz Framed Award - @deaja

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a5dfd324dc439f22d4

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b340e6522cb847a614

this-is-my-new-favourite-thing-lee-pace-

9j8x.gifGrimace

Spoiler

DVAkPJXe6RxYjhmfF37Wz3k3LvyUyD5WFGZi448YAnd Bear It

• The That Did Not Just Happen Again Award - @Lisin

00e3482f3a38fe0ae1cbe1de3396e7c5.gif

• The Thrown In At The Deep End So Imma Doggy Paddling Award - @festivusgiphy.gif?cid=790b7611b0311712156857d395
Spoiler

tenor.gif

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611258adb4ba51067402f

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Wait. What? We're done?

We won??

We won!! Take that, Losers!!

Oh, wait, I don't have to post like Rocket anymore....

Great game, everyone! And thanks to the roll of the dice that made me Rocket. As I told Silver, he was really the only character that I knew anything about. Well, him and Groot.

Also, I'm really glad that I was wrong about us having possibly made a mistake.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

The Imma Sherlocking The Shit Outta This Award

If there is an incompetent Sherlock, like an Anti-Sherlock. A Without A Clue Sherlock if you will. I am not sure I contributed anything at all.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, Hanged Man said:

Wow nearly every one of my thoughts was completely wrong. I was sure @Drogo was Groot for this post:  "A deciduously delicious trait."

That was directed at @CuriousParker so she would know we got her V SUBTLE hint...

Me, after every "I am Curious":

giphy.gif

*I was positive either she / me were getting capped N1... since I planned to be immune that Night I didn't want her stealing the target off me. Then @Machiabelly stole it.

HM I was kind of wondering who you thought I was when you said "I think we all know who Drogo is" because I'd been so careful to not hint. 

• LOL 1
39 minutes ago, Drogo said:

That was directed at @CuriousParker so she would know we got her V SUBTLE hint...

giphy.gif

*I was positive either she / me were getting capped N1... since I planned to be immune that Night I didn't want her stealing the target off me. Then @Machiabelly stole it.

HM I was kind of wondering who you thought I was when you said "I think we all know who Drogo is" because I'd been so careful to not hint. 

The only reason we didn’t kill you N1 was because I hate the habit (for lack of a better word) of killing off the talking players since they’re more of a threat. I am glad at least we didn’t waste a Night kill on your protected self. 

1 minute ago, Lisin said:

The only reason we didn’t kill you N1 was because I hate the habit (for lack of a better word) of killing off the talking players since they’re more of a threat.

Same, but it's smart from a bad guys perspective to kill off active voters and cluefinders.  Villains gotta Villain, yo.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Hanged Man said:

If there is an incompetent Sherlock, like an Anti-Sherlock. A Without A Clue Sherlock if you will. I am not sure I contributed anything at all.

I thought you deserved that specific award bc it had been your intention to 'Go all Sherlock on dis bitch' (my interpretation heh) and you were trying your best. Can't ask for more than that.

47 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I still didn't get that til just now.  I thought she was just being a little wacky. 😉 

So out of curiosity, was it Lisin's distrust of me (and you knowing she was a villain) that led to you starting to trust me, @Drogo, or my not-so-subtle clues about my identity?

19 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

I was just about to reply to @SilverStormm that I’m not sure that getting role blocked, checked, jailed, executed AND murdered in the first two nights is a particularly good indication that I’m getting better at this. Yet. 

I can speak from some experience here... getting RB'd, investigated, jailed, executed and murdered means people consider you a good and dangerous player.  I give it 2 games before someone (cough @deaja cough) tells you in their most serious voice, "I was very annoyed by your lack of dying" or as  @Hanged Man was so kind to leave in his Will on a prior game "I only trust Drogo 60% - not for any real reason but because he's always worthy of at least 40% distrust" - so welcome to the club, brother.

tenor.gif?itemid=7427964

You did a really good job with that PM and you were really the only one who got close to avoiding the arrow.  (Sorry @Lady Calypso but even if you were Howard the Duck and a Hero, I've hated Howard the Duck since 1987 and executing him would have solved a lot of repressed aggression.)  JT, your reply to my questions was so good; it was only the Vanilla Townie power (or lack thereof) that did you in because SS games don't typically employ vanillas and the word 'townie' seemed inauthentic for her... BUT.. you couldn't have known that. 

And you'll enjoy this one, @JTMacc99...

After I submitted/confirmed your execution, @SilverStormm responded to me just to say you were Meredith and that I'd lost my remaining execution.  So I went until the Day story thinking I'd killed Peter's poor mother and was going to have to somehow explain that to the Heroes.    

9 minutes ago, deaja said:

I still didn't get that til just now.  I thought she was just being a little wacky. 😉 

So out of curiosity, was it Lisin's distrust of me (and you knowing she was a villain) that led to you starting to trust me, @Drogo, or my not-so-subtle clues about my identity?

I thought @Lisin was a Hero (she usually is when she's so talkative) so during D1 I was a little suspicious of you, but based on hardly anything since she wouldn't have known that yet even if she were an investigator.  Then she doubled down on her suspicion of you in her replies to my jail questions, and once I saw her ID I considered you trustworthy (unless we saw a SK.)    

4 hours ago, meet trouble said:

We won!! Take that, Losers!!

Ain't nobody like @meet trouble 'cept @meet trouble.

19 hours ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

I think my fatal flaw in this game was that it's my favourite movie, but I was cast as a villain, so I couldn't really hint at my character.

You did a good job flying under the radar, though after the POTC game [during which you may have actually became a parrot] I think most of our ears perked up when you did Zero Hinting.  Then JT's defense eliminated @garnetarden from contention, so you were caught out there.  

28 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

I miss Peter Capaldi as the Doctor.

You are the Doctor around here.  Thank you as always for your hard work and big imagination-- for Thanksgiving this year we can all be thankful we got to be some pretty cool a-holes (as opposed to the plain old a-holes we are usually.)   

Cannotwaitttt to be goblins / worms / babies / firedancers.  (...You guys are going to kill me D1, aren't you?)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Drogo said:

After I submitted/confirmed your execution, @SilverStormm responded to me just to say you were Meredith and that I'd lost my remaining execution.  So I went until the Day story thinking I'd killed Peter's poor mother and was going to have to somehow explain that to the Heroes.    

Ha!  That’s so mean. Love it. 

After we were all dead, Silver speculated that my use of vanilla was what did me in, as she doesn’t use vanilla powers. I told her that I went back to her Xena game and copied her words almost exactly for what she gave Gabrielle in that game. 

That’s when she told me that in her defense that was her first game, and she doesn’t do that anymore. 

To repeat what I said when I found that out: Crap. 

• Love 3
Just now, JTMacc99 said:

I was less entertained, TBH.  I had major trauma from that "Hold my hand, Peter" scene and I was very triggered thinking I'd killed poor River Lily.  

I'll send you both my therapist's invoice. 

Just now, JTMacc99 said:

After we were all dead, Silver speculated that my use of vanilla was what did me in, as she doesn’t use vanilla powers. I told her that I went back to her Xena game and copied her words almost exactly for what she gave Gabrielle in that game. 

I actually only checked the other superhero games (X-Men and Avengers) because I figured they'd be most reliable.  (I have mentally blocked the Xena game because I was modkilled - oooops!)

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I actually only checked the other superhero games (X-Men and Avengers) because I figured they'd be most reliable.

Makes sense. When you tossed me in jail I was in a mad rush to answer quickly and the Xena game was the first Silver game I saw. 

I figured that the quicker I sent you my bullshit, the more likely it would seem I just copied and pasted a real PM. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

tumblr_m4k9pfKH9B1qbl6qfo4_250.gifBestIdenticalFlyingfox-small.gif

I had to, how could I not tho, the opportunity was just toooo tempting... 

tenor.gif?itemid=5789171

1 hour ago, JTMacc99 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=13797078

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, JTMacc99 said:

That’s when she told me that in her defense that was her *first game, and she doesn’t do that anymore. 

*One of my earliest games. I decided two things not too long after that:

1. People generally have more fun when they have an ability, so why not!
  2. Everybody deserves an award for putting their time and effort in, so why not!

giphy.gif

I'd helped out on the first GOT round but my very *first game as a game mod proper was The Princess Bride - ah that was so much fun and sometimes I wistfully think about re-doing it, but not really. Besides, there are so many other themes to choose from!

• Love 2

Honestly, making up a power was harder than I thought it was going to be so I took a stab at vanilla. 

Way, way after the fact I thought I should have made Meredith a Mason with Peter, but only after she found him. Each night she would ask one player if he was her Little Star Lord. She would either get no response or Yes and become a mason with him. 

A day late and a dollar short on that one. Eh. Filing it away as a lesson learned.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

The Princess Bride - ah that was so much fun and sometimes I wistfully think about re-doing it, but not really.

tenor.gif?itemid=5910561

Just now, JTMacc99 said:

Way, way after the fact I thought I should have made Meredith a Mason with Peter, but only after she found him. Each night she would ask one player if he was her Little Star Lord. She would either get no response or Yes and become a mason with him. 

I fucking love that you were still thinking about this after you got killed. If you were a Terran child I would totally kidnap you (and not let my crew eat you.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I fucking love that you were still thinking about this after you got killed.

I’m a gracious loser who admired the way you all took a little early good fortune and turned it into a quick win with some killer gameplay. 

But I didn’t freaking like it or the role I played in it for the rest of my team. So yeah, I was still thinking about it and maybe a little bit of...

0F71265E-1B91-45F0-9B1D-EF94AC9AB1C5.gif

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I was hamstrung by someone the first day musing that the Collector would be a Villain, so I didn’t want to hint about who I was. And only two Nights meant I only had two searches, and at least I hit pay dirt with @JTMacc99 - Night Two I was torn between @aquarian1, @The Crazed Spruce, and then @garnetarden was the dark horse who won - @SilverStormm, if she HAD been recruited and then I’d checked her for a gun, she would have had one, correct?

Well that was fun if fast! I’ll be sitting out the next full game because of some scheduling stuff, but hope to be back for a ONUW or other shorter game soon! 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, saoirse said:

if she HAD been recruited and then I’d checked her for a gun, she would have had one, correct?

Yes, if she had been recruited to team V and you'd checked her she would have shown as owning a gun.

Drogo would not have as he used an arrow 😉 

That's what made this ability an interesting one; the occasional hero can own a gun too and SK's don't have guns, they have knives. So no concrete conclusion can be arrived at solely on the result of the check. Which means it gives you something but leaves you wanting more.

The next game should last longer as I'm going to make it much, MUCH, like waaaaaaaay harder - but not entirely impossible just almost heh - to establish a reliable 'Circle of Trust'™️ (@Drogo sorrynotsorry) - I have a few ideas how to do that.

• Love 4
On 11/14/2019 at 7:32 PM, The Crazed Spruce said:

I tried to insinuate that I was one of the Nova Corps jailers (when I called you all "a-holes" and said I didn't think that any of you were "100% a dick"), but obviously none of you bought it.

Here on the sidelines I bought it, had you listed as Dey.

19 hours ago, Hanged Man said:

Wow nearly every one of my thoughts was completely wrong. I was sure @Drogo was Groot for this post:  "A deciduously delicious trait."

This made me think he was the Collector, that and all his funco pop postings, then I settled on Star-Lord for him toward the end of game play.

I didn't know he was Yondu, but the way the story was written I thought Yondu was an SK and possibly recruitable (don't know if SK are ever recruitable, but that's what I thought).

I had CP as Groot from the obvious clue, and Deeja or Bizz as Mantis and HM as Drax.

It's always fun following along.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This made me think he was the Collector, that and all his funco pop postings, then I settled on Star-Lord for him toward the end of game play.

...I like to put em in a row on my command console. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1