Guardians of the Galaxy Mafia

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, deaja said:

Oh. Good point. Let's DL him.

2 minutes ago, Hanged Man said:

Ugh I hate making mistakes

1 to DL JTMacc (Drogo) 8 to learn the lessons

1 to DL Drogo (JTMacc) 8 to help demonstrate that JT is a quick learner

1 to DL Spruce (HM) 8 to something something profit.

Wow.... you listened to me!  I mean, I was joking, but still. I like it. 

1 hour ago, aquarian1 said:

Are we sure there aren't any tree, forest, or wood related clues we could use to point to him? 😄 😛 

OMG ... when I first saw Spruce's name come up I was just about to re-read the story AGAIN to see if I could find a "tree" reference.  That cracked me up ... 

It's all coming back to me now.  

• LOL 1

If Spruce turns out to actually be Rocket I will be overjoyed in the "so obvious no one would believe it" -ness of it. 

I can't bring myself to vote against anyone just yet.

• LOL 1

Twilight snuck up, tapped Day on the shoulder and asked "May I cut in?". Day stepped aside but was kinda miffed about it.

The Twilight action window is open for 12 hours to submit those Twilight actions.  Game discussion may continue until the Night story is posted.

**Reminder - if you didn’t post during Day you have lost the use of any ability you may have for this Twilight/Night phase.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, garnetarden said:

If Spruce turns out to actually be Rocket I will be overjoyed in the "so obvious no one would believe it" -ness of it. 

I can't bring myself to vote against anyone just yet.

So it took over an hour for me to notice that while I totally meant Groot, my phone apparently is a bigger fan of Rocket.

Speaking of, do we have good guesses on which active characters haven't appeared yet? Rocket and Groot and Drax obviously - maybe Ego and Mantis as well? 

• LOL 1

Wait what's the connection between Spruce and Rocket?

• LOL 1
49 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Wait what's the connection between Spruce and Rocket?

You may not have seen my second post — basically the connection is that my phone thought it would much funnier to have “Rocket” in that sentence instead of “Groot”.

Also, I’ve clearly had too many Marvel-related conversations on my phone.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

So it took over an hour for me to notice that while I totally meant Groot, my phone apparently is a bigger fan of Rocket.

Speaking of, do we have good guesses on which active characters haven't appeared yet? Rocket and Groot and Drax obviously - maybe Ego and Mantis as well? 

I almost asked if that’s what you meant but was afraid I was missing something obvious.

1 hour ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

I am not Groot.

There's something you don't hear everyday. 

No Wills in this round so leave everything on the table in Twilight (because when a TBD # of Hero/s die tonight, their words will be the only ones the remaining Heroes can really trust to be well-intentioned.)

So let's put up some suspicions for our investigators and recommendations for our protectors. 

As for me.. I'm a little suspicious of @Machiabelly who left to reread and fell into a black hole. I believe we can trust @BizBuzz and @CuriousParker.

• Love 1

Hmmm Iran Really fast to get here again and I was kind of primed and ready for a lot of dialogue and to comb through a lot of posts and there isn't even close to what I was hoping to find.

We should have a pretty good idea of who Groot is.

2 hours ago, Drogo said:

I believe we can trust @BizBuzz and @CuriousParker

ehh... ok.

Though everyone, even you, could be lying.

So it's been a while since I played, what do we do during twilight?

• Useful 2
8 minutes ago, Hanged Man said:
3 hours ago, Drogo said:

I believe we can trust @BizBuzz and @CuriousParker

ehh... ok.

Just stating what I believe at the moment.  The reality is at least one of the Heroes will be dead tomorrow.  For the remaining Heroes who have no idea who to trust, dead Heroes' posts are a good place to start.  

7 minutes ago, Hanged Man said:

Though everyone, even you, could be lying.

IME we can put a decent amount of confidence into clear and unprovoked Day 1 character claims.  

10 minutes ago, Hanged Man said:

So it's been a while since I played, what do we do during twilight?

Some folks have actions that have to be used during Twilight before Night falls.  Everyone waits for the Night story.  The Villains do a little dance to celebrate not getting DL'd and decide how they're going to use their evilness that Night... the Heroes ideally talk to each other and say how they're feeling about the Day's events, express positive/negative feelings about other players, say what they think the plan should be should they fall that Night, etc.

• Useful 1
22 minutes ago, Drogo said:

The Villains do a little dance to celebrate not getting DL'd and decide how they're going to use their evilness that Night...

Even though there is barely any information and statistically a day 1 DL is 2/3 more likely to get a hero than a villain, I image the villain dance looks like this:

giphy.gif

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
Just now, Hanged Man said:

Back in the day and I am clarifying, NOT criticizing, editing one of your posts in a mafia game was frowned upon, which is why I didn't correct my earlier misspelling, is this still a No Go?

It's still frowned upon but people forget and do it anyway.  It would probably be an issue only if @SilverStormm saw someone editing for content and not just spelling or to add more thoughts.  Just leave it, we know what you meant and that you are a gud spellur on the inside. 

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, Hanged Man said:

Back in the day and I am clarifying, NOT criticizing, editing one of your posts in a mafia game was frowned upon, which is why I didn't correct my earlier misspelling, is this still a No Go?

Editing a spelling mistake/wrong word is fine. Editing for content, no. Mods and Admins can see what's been edited, so there's a check available.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Hanged Man said:

Even though there is barely any information and statistically a day 1 DL is 2/3 more likely to get a hero than a villain

I think it is way higher than 2/3, which is what I was trying to work out when I said this:

So if the DL manages to pick a villain, it would have to get 9 of 10 heroes to go along with it. 

My point was, it seems like there is almost no chance of a day 1 DL nabbing a bad guy. 

2 hours ago, Hanged Man said:

Hmmm Iran Really fast to get here again and I was kind of primed and ready for a lot of dialogue and to comb through a lot of posts and there isn't even close to what I was hoping to find.

Well, some of that is probably my fault. Unfortunately, I'm a wise-ass who thought it would be funny to retaliate-DL @Drogo and brought upon myself the Jack McCoy cross examination. Before that happened, I had hoped my post would sort of be a bit like the Mom who watches over the start of a middle school party, gets the kids talking, puts on some music, and then fades out of the way. 

(I have young teens, so this is an analogy that works for me.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
Just now, JTMacc99 said:

the Jack McCoy cross examination

I feel so close to you right now. 

3 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

I think it is way higher than 2/3, which is what I was trying to work out when I said this:

So if the DL manages to pick a villain, it would have to get 9 of 10 heroes to go along with it. 

With 16 players, it's safe to say 5 bad guys.  Maybe a villain team of 5, maybe a villain team of 4 and a rogue element, maybe a villain team of 4 + a potential recruit, maybe 2 villain teams with alternating NKs, etc.

But let's just say for shiggles it's one Villain team of 5, and 11 heroes.  In this example, you and I are both bads.  Someone starts a DL for me based on a real/fake clue, and it's picking up steam.. 5 votes, now 6, 7 votes...  You're my teammate, so of course you don't want me to die, but what happens if no one on our team joins that completing/ed DL?  I'm dead anyway, there are 9 votes for me and 6 dumdums caught out there under suspicion (4 of which are you/our teammates) so that one Day blows up our whole team.  Hence, you almost never need 9 Heroes to complete a 9 person Villain DL.   Add to that if you have a SK as in the last game, they'll help you complete the Villain DLs too... happily. 😉 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

My point was, it seems like there is almost no chance of a day 1 DL nabbing a bad guy. 

Well, some of that is probably my fault. Unfortunately, I'm a wise-ass who thought it would be funny to retaliate-DL @Drogo and brought upon myself the Jack McCoy cross examination. Before that happened, I had hoped my post would sort of be a bit like the Mom who watches over the start of a middle school party, gets the kids talking, puts on some music, and then fades out of the way. 

(I have young teens, so this is an analogy that works for me.)

We've been known to get lucky on Day one DLs and nab a villain. Of course, sometimes that initial luck also makes us think we are quite clever, especially if the villain we were lucky enough to DL was relatively low-powered, because then half the DL votes were from villains!

• LOL 2
Just now, Hanged Man said:

I am pretty sure at this point @Drogo has DL'd everyone twice.

Look I never claimed to be an angel.  It goes both ways, though, since everyone here has killed or tried to kill me plenty before... just a few weeks ago someone sweetly posted that I was irritating them because I "refused to just die already."

Edited by Drogo
can't type
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Hanged Man said:

I am pretty sure at this point @Drogo has DL'd everyone twice.

Hmmmm ... Drogo and I have a history ... I know of his ruthlessness.  ::giggle::  GoT was an awesome game...

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Look I never claimed to be an angel.  It goes both ways, though, since everyone here has killed or tried to kill me plenty before... just a few weeks ago someone sweetly posted that I was irritating them because I "refused to just die already."

Ok ... for some reason ... the hairs on the back of my neck went up with the line "I never claimed to be an angel" ... I have to do some research ... I will be back ... 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, BizBuzz said:

Drogo and I have a history ... I know of his ruthlessness.  ::giggle::  GoT was an awesome game...

We provided "Varys versus Littlefinger" realness in a way HBO's GoT never delivered.  For Bad Drogo Research purposes, I would recommend the Walking Dead game, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, PoTC...  Just try to remember... when I'm a Hero, I'm a good one. 

@BizBuzz and @Hanged Man you're both growing on me.  Who do you think we can trust at this point?  Who do you have mixed feels about? 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Drogo said:

@BizBuzz and @Hanged Man you're both growing on me.  Who do you think we can trust at this point?  Who do you have mixed feels about? 

Too early and we have bupkis to work with. I am sure whatever action(s) the villains take tonight will get people motivated.

Too many "Nope I don't see any clues" which heroes and villains both use to keep a low profile.

However in my Grand Excel Spreadsheet of Mafia Miscalculations I have minuses next to @deaja @The Crazed Spruce @meet trouble and @garnetarden

These are feelings. They are not based on ANY empirical data WHAT-SO-EVER. I know nothing about their characters, I have no inside knowledge, no outside knowledge, statistically one of them may be a villain, however none of them may be villains. It is a wild-ass guess based upon how the wind blows through my hair, and most of the time I am wrong the exact amount I should be wrong by.

• Useful 2
55 minutes ago, Hanged Man said:

However in my Grand Excel Spreadsheet of Mafia Miscalculations I have minuses next to @deaja @The Crazed Spruce @meet trouble and @garnetarden

Same on my side, but with @saoirse and @festivus in place of @garnetarden.

58 minutes ago, Hanged Man said:

These are feelings. They are not based on ANY empirical data WHAT-SO-EVER. I know nothing about their characters, I have no inside knowledge, no outside knowledge, statistically one of them may be a villain, however none of them may be villains. It is a wild-ass guess based upon how the wind blows through my hair, and most of the time I am wrong the exact amount I should be wrong by.

Understood but it's good information to share in case one of us is off'd.  I think we all get that the only people who know anything for sure on Day 1 are bad. 

• Love 1

Why me? I was just about to thank you for this post that's helping me to understand things better. Meanie!

3 hours ago, Drogo said:

With 16 players, it's safe to say 5 bad guys.  Maybe a villain team of 5, maybe a villain team of 4 and a rogue element, maybe a villain team of 4 + a potential recruit, maybe 2 villain teams with alternating NKs, etc.

But let's just say for shiggles it's one Villain team of 5, and 11 heroes.  In this example, you and I are both bads.  Someone starts a DL for me based on a real/fake clue, and it's picking up steam.. 5 votes, now 6, 7 votes...  You're my teammate, so of course you don't want me to die, but what happens if no one on our team joins that completing/ed DL?  I'm dead anyway, there are 9 votes for me and 6 dumdums caught out there under suspicion (4 of which are you/our teammates) so that one Day blows up our whole team.  Hence, you almost never need 9 Heroes to complete a 9 person Villain DL.   Add to that if you have a SK as in the last game, they'll help you complete the Villain DLs too... happily. 😉 

• LOL 2
2 minutes ago, festivus said:

Why me? I was just about to thank you for this post that's helping me to understand things better. Meanie!

Lol, blame terrymct who made me paranoid about "confused new players" as he tried to kill us.. 

*This list could easily change tomorrow, FWIW. 

• Love 1

Yeah, I read through the last game today so I could understand things better so I get what you're saying about Terry. I really am still confused about a lot of things but I think I'm starting to get a better handle on some of it now.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, festivus said:

Yeah, I read through the last game today so I could understand things better so I get what you're saying about Terry. I really am still confused about a lot of things but I think I'm starting to get a better handle on some of it now.

Ask away.. between the players here we must have 1,295,667 hours of mafia flight time. 

• Love 2

I will. I'm starting to recognize some gameplay stuff but I don't understand stuff like Masons. I was going to do some reading on mafia games tonight. The last game I was like a little lost lamb.

Edited by festivus
Just fixing a word!
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Hanged Man said:

Masons are 2 peeps who are allowed to talk to each other. They are almost universally good guys since bad guys are always allowed to talk to each other

I have never played with Masons before in any of the few Mafia games that I've been in, so this information is actually helpful for ME. 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Drogo said:

^Says the person who was annoyed by my *ahem* 'Lack of Dying'

You say that all innocently but can I remind everyone you were a serial killer? You were no innocent lamb.

But I am innocent, though I understand your feelings. Maybe I’ll be able to change your feelings as the game goes on.

23 minutes ago, festivus said:

If you want to read through a game that will make your HEAD SPIN ... consider "Whedonverse Mafia" ... that game was SO CRAZY ... I believe @Drogo had one of the most complicated cool powers ever of all time.  

And there was a bus.  ::giggle::

BTW ... my comment about the hairs on the back of my neck being spooked?  Drogo's comment about never claiming to be an angel made me revisit that game today ... I was "Angel" in that game and Drogo killed me.  It was a hoot.

On to game play ... this twilight has produced some interesting conversations that I will need to revisit.  Not quite ready to share my thoughts ... yet.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Welp I think that concludes the How Drogo Killed Me portion of Twilight, yes? Night story anyone?   Drinks?  😄

23 minutes ago, festivus said:

I haven't dipped into the Whedonverse one yet, but I will.

It was a rare game where a Villain was out of the villain closet.  A really bitchy villain, too.  You're going to hate me.  Don't read it. 

31 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I have never played with Masons before in any of the few Mafia games that I've been in, so this information is actually helpful for ME. 

Masons are the only Heroes who really know for sure who another player is (and from the start of the game.) They usually won't come out and say it unless one is in danger. 

The good news is in @SilverStormm games, Masons are solid standard roles.  I was once a Mason in another game and I wasn't allowed to talk to my Mason partner.. and then she/@aquarian1 was killed N1 and couldn't even vouch for my ID.. so that sucked on several levels. Feeling v triggered. 

@deaja who are you feeling and not feeling at the moment?

• Love 1