Type keyword(s) to search

HGN in the Media

• Start Topic

Jane won the Emmy Award for Outstanding Reality/Reality-Competition Show Host at Saturday night's Creative Arts Emmy Awards presentation in LA. Here's a link to the complete winners' list; I think Jane's category is at/near the end.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/creative-arts-emmys-2015-winners-822621

If anyone's interested, the Creative Arts Emmys will air on FXX network this coming Saturday, September 19th, at 8:00 & 10:30PM ET & PT.

So they're scheduling a single new episode of the show in the middle of the summer, and on the same night as the final night of the DNC? Does NBC care about this show at all?

On 7/23/2016 at 9:40 AM, BobH said:

So they're scheduling a single new episode of the show in the middle of the summer, and on the same night as the final night of the DNC? Does NBC care about this show at all?

I think it'll be fine before the convention.  It won't be airing in direct competition with it on most of the networks except for cable.  And only the news/political junkies are going to be watching the convention on a cable channel or streaming.

This is likely a very cheap show to produce and a utility player.  So I do think they care about it in the sense that they can just air it and it'll do well.  It's not something they need to cultivate.

Starting next Monday (April 17th), reruns (presumably) of the show will start airing on GSN (Game Show Network) at 9PM Eastern/8PM Central Time. This is according to an ad I saw every time I watched other game show reruns on GSN today.

• Love 1

According to Facebook there will be a “Brand New Eoisode” on November 21st, with a Holiday Special on December 11th.  Don’t know if those are the only 2 episodes were getting now, or if the new season premiers on Nov. 21st with weekly episodes after.  My onscreen guide wont go that far yet.

• Love 1

Yeah but it was filmed quite some time ago - Jane said you could see Jason Ritter on "Kevin Probably Saves the World" and that show was cancelled last season. Good episode, but the winner made terrible choices for her final two. 

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Yeah but it was filmed quite some time ago - Jane said you could see Jason Ritter on "Kevin Probably Saves the World" and that show was cancelled last season. Good episode, but the winner made terrible choices for her final two. 

I suspect it was filmed last spring because Adam Rodriguez talked about the upcoming season of Criminal MInds--14--which I believe is airing now.  But it may have been before The Chew and Kevin Saves the World cancellations.

I put that loss on the contestant.  She panicked and choked.  Colton Dunn wasn't as good as I was hoping he'd be but I thought Carla Hall's clues were pretty on point.  They got better as the final thing went on but it was too late for her to make up the first 30-45 seconds.

• Love 1

Colton Dunn wasn't as good as I was hoping he'd be but I thought Carla Hall's clues were pretty on point.  They got better as the final thing went on but it was too late for her to make up the first 30-45 seconds.

Well it was a combination of things but one of the first names that came up was Meryl Streep, and all Carla Hall could think to say was "She's an actress, she's a famous actress, the most famous actress in the world." I was literally yelling at the TV "Name some movies you idiot! Sophie's Choice! Kramer vs. Kramer! Mama Mia! Anything!"

Yeah I can’t believe they wasted 10sec saying Streep was a famous actress. Unless they are the only person doing that particular thing, name their movie, their song. If it’s a singer, by naming a song, you’re also telling them it’s a singer. No need for a separate sentence. Very disappointing final round. 

But even after they finally said Mamma Mia, she had no idea who the actress would be. I would share the failure all around on the final round -- possibly not ideal choice of two celebrities (though I might have chosen Colton too, in advance he seemed quick and alert), ineffective clues, panicked guessing.

• Love 2

I'm a bit disappointed it looks like the podcast isn't coming back, as that was more than half the fun of the show. As it is, it might just be fun enough to watch, but I'm not sure it will be when one of the more annoying guests come on. This one was pretty much free of really annoying behaviour.

Have to say, now that Jason Ritter is about the age that his dad was when HOOPERMAN was on (which is oddly where I know his dad best), it can get pretty distracting how similar they look at the right angle.

I think I'd have gone with Jason Ritter and Shiri Appleby for the final round. It really was a general failure on all parts, though.  How long they took to get Kanye West, and failing to get Meryl Streep? I was amazed they did as well as they did in the second half to pull out a six.