Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: A Positive Spin!

• Start Topic

No Ernie, don't do it! His son is so cute, he just liked the music and dancing on the Paula Abdul video.

That was clever how Krystal got the FAM women to come to her water aerobics and also blackmailed her boss. I am rooting for her but I wish she would leave Ernie out of it.

Kody is actually kind of pathetic yet it's hard to feel sorry for him when he does things like make a guy hold a mirror in front of him when he dances.

Who burned down the guy's boat? I hope he spills the dirt on FAM.

• Love 6

I'm in for the season, but I am confused about the angry father with the boat.  I feel like I missed his back story and what happened to him because of Garbeau.  I got so upset about his parrot.  That wasn't necessary, but it makes me hate the bad guys more.  

• Love 6

No Ernie dont fall for it! Sadly he is exactly the kind of person who can get drawn into this kind of scheme, but I hope that he doesn't end up too far in. I can root for Krystal and her hustle, but I hate to see her suck poor sad well meaning Ernie into this crap. 

Krystal really is a natural salesperson, especially in the FAM super positive surface level shiny cult like environment. Being a former beauty queen  she would know how to work a crowd and get people on her side while on stage. Her using FAM to get more people to come to her work out class and get her sleazy boss to use her products was inspired. I want FAM to be brought down, but considering Krystal was about to lose her house and was literally starving, and has a baby to support, I cant really blame her for playing their game for her survival, even after what they did to her family.

Interested in seeing who the guy who is maybe a former FAM success story turned against them is, who is family is, and who attacked him on his houseboat. His poor parrot! Justice for pet parrot!

Kody is so pathetic that even as he is part of this whole poisonous cult of pyramid schemes, I cant but feel a bit bad for him, desperately clinging to his stupid tapes like a lifeline. 

It really does sound like Travis was a true believer that thought that FAM was the key to his family having a better life, never realizing that he gave his life for a scam/cult. Its really sad, even if his bad choices ended up screwing his family over badly.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, zoltana said:

I'm in for the season, but I am confused about the angry father with the boat.  I feel like I missed his back story and what happened to him because of Garbeau.  I got so upset about his parrot.  That wasn't necessary, but it makes me hate the bad guys more.  

They just had to kill the poor parrot didn't they?. Although I have to wonder what kind of life these birds have living in tiny cages. He's better off flying free in heaven.

44 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

It really does sound like Travis was a true believer that thought that FAM was the key to his family having a better life, never realizing that he gave his life for a scam/cult. Its really sad, even if his bad choices ended up screwing his family over badly.

It does sound like he really loved Krystal and his daughter, even though he was an idiot. They did have me going for a minute that he was doing some "special deliveries" to some chick he was cheating with, that was a good twist.

• Love 6

Damn, Krystal will be running that water park soon!  She's a pistol.  Glad to see her out of the storeroom and back in her house.  Ernie knows better than to get involved with that, but he's doing it anyway.  Hopefully his wife will put the brakes on before he's in too deep.

• Love 4

So why did Krystal flip in mid-speech to praise FAM instead of calling it out as a fraud?

Because she saw it as the easiest way to get her home back, to continue the fraud?

Hard to see her sympathetically if she ropes in other people into the fraud in order just to get hers.

I know she's been dealt a bad set of cards but trying to exploit others?

• Love 4

No, Ernie, don't do it! While I totally understand Krystal doing whatever it takes to get her house back and get her life back on track, I wish she had left sweet Ernie out of it.

I loved watching Ernie's kid dancing in his room to Paula Abdul.

Cody is sad to watch. These are exactly the kind of people that cults and MLM crap attract - someone who needs that validation and is easily manipulated.

• Love 2

The genius of Krystal's old beauty pageant routine: it's ridiculous AND excellent and Kirsten really nailed it. I'm disappointed we don't get to see the goth teen be transformed under Krystal's tutelage.

Growing up in southern Louisiana, gator was there but not a culinary delight to which the locals flocked. It became trendy on restaurant menus in the 80s.

A local recession hit my parents' generation and some of their friends turned to Amway when they lost their jobs. My brother's college roommate also tried to sell it. All of these people were devout Christians and that was a big part of the motivation. Amway's founders were extremely conservative and zealous Christians.

Last Christmas a neighbor invited me to what appeared to be a casual cocktail party. Nope. They were selling expensive Christmas-y tchotchkes. I was taken aback at the subterfuge by this long-time neighbor.  I enjoyed some hors d'oeuvres and beat a hasty retreat.

• Love 2