Type keyword(s) to search

Sherlock Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're looking for potential characters for the list, there's Sarah Sawyer, John's boss/girlfriend from the first series (I am American, but I know to use the term "series" for British programs instead of the American "season.")  To that end there's also Detective Inspector Dimmock who only appeared in the 2nd episode of that first series.  To go to the original canon, there's Inspector Gregson too.  Maybe A.C Doyle himself, for the meta?

No PM for me yet.  But as much as I'm champing (not a typo) at the bit for this game to start, I'm glad it hasn't yet.  Because I'm going to be unavailable for the rest of today (Friday) and all of Saturday.  I'll be back during my usual late hours on Sunday.  If the game begins and a vote of No DL starts before I'm able to check in, feel free to add me to that No DL vote.

• Love 1

Either all the PMs haven't been sent yet, or I am persona non grata. 

13-best-game-of-thrones-memes-spoilers--

Don't worry, I don't think they've all gone out yet. I also haven't gotten mine.

Me either. Also, Samwell Tarly is TOTALLY lovable, and I'd take him any day of the week! Now if it had been Ramsay, I'd run for the hills...

Any number of Baker Street Irregulars could fill out the list. No PM for me either

I haven't had a PM yet either so the game is only partially afoot.

• Love 2

If we're looking for potential characters for the list, there's Sarah Sawyer, John's boss/girlfriend from the first series (I am American, but I know to use the term "series" for British programs instead of the American "season.")  To that end there's also Detective Inspector Dimmock who only appeared in the 2nd episode of that first series.  To go to the original canon, there's Inspector Gregson too.  Maybe A.C Doyle himself, for the meta?

Oh, that's funny -- watching Elementary, I forgot that Gregson is a "real" character.

• Love 1

I didn't think the Rangers were dislike worthy, it's not like the Rangers are the Yankees or Cardinals.

Yes, well, wait for Spruce to come in and agree with Machia. It's not that the Rangers are dislike-worthy, *choke* it's that we are talking to a bunch of Canadians.

That said, I'm just glad my Mariners beat up on your Rangers in five out of six series....

Edited by caprice
  • Love 1
Well, I am a Jays fan, so much dislike

That makes complete sense considering your avatar is a Boston Bruins tattoo...

That said, I'm just glad my Mariners beat up on your Rangers in five out of six series....

Thank God they didn't make it to the post-season.

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 2

Thank God they didn't make it to the post-season.

Feeling you dodged a bullet on that? Pfft. We've never made it past the ALDS, so it seems we just save our beating up of your Rangers for the actual season.

Received. The. THING!!

*BTW, Mets fan here. And ain't nobody killing my buzz.

This would be the only reason I'm sad Jon Stewart is no longer on the air.

• Love 1

That makes complete sense considering your avatar is a Boston Bruins tattoo...

Bruins are my TEAM. But since Hockey is not an all year thing I also have other teams. Namely...The Steelers and the Jays. I guess the Raptors too, but only in a bandwagon way.

• Love 1

Bruins are my TEAM. But since Hockey is not an all year thing I also have other teams. Namely...The Steelers and the Jays. I guess the Raptors too, but only in a bandwagon way.

Wait, I moved from Toronto to Minnesota, and you're telling me that hockey... isn't year-round? People here seem to think that's why god created indoor rinks ;-)

Even with all my moving around, I still cheer my Seattle and Portland (junior) teams.

• Love 1
Your mod is a life-long Cardinals fan. Best be careful or find yourself targeted with VERY easy clues.

1. I am a hero so any clues pointing at me are pure moderator malice.

2. Since my World Record for Staying Alive in a Mafia Game is 2 days, the threat of a "quick death" is quite the jest indeed.

• Love 5

Whoops, sorry guys, after dying early as Inigo I haven't been keeping up with the thread as much. But I did receive my PM.

And everyone should remember that life could be worse, you could be like me.....a Philadelphia fan.

• Love 1

You won a World Series just 7 seasons ago.

And have fallen far below where we were since then.

Between them and the Eagles and my school's terrible football team, I'm consciously trying to ignore sports and wait for college basketball season.

• Love 2
And have fallen far below where we were since then.

But you have at least won one recently, some people on this board cheer for teams that haven't won a World Series and at least one cheers for a team that has never even made it to the WS.

Speaking of which, a Cowboy game and a Ranger game happening around the same time means that parking is going to atrocious. I need to head out soon.

I know you all are not interested in golf but the Americans put Holmes and Watson out as a team yesterday.

That is the sort of thing my sister should have told me about.

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 2
(edited)

Day 1

There's An East Wind Coming

“I need a case!” thundered Sherlock Holmes, rousing from the depths of his melancholy.

“Oh, Sherlock,” tittered Mrs. Hudson nervously from the kitchen she was cleaning.  “I do wish you wouldn’t startle me so.”

Unperturbed, John Watson looked up from the newspaper he was idly glancing through, reaching out to pick up the cup of tea sitting next to his chair.  “I’m sure something will turn up soon.  Serial killer, mad bomber,” he said casually.  “I wouldn’t worry.”

Sherlock sat up on the sofa and sneered knowingly at his friend.  “You need a fix as badly as I do.  Two more days of this and you’ll be busting into a drug den again.  See if you can refrain from breaking anyone’s bones this time.”

John stood up sharply and snapped the paper closed.  He could tell Sherlock was in one of his snits, and unlike the old days, he now had his own flat to retreat to.  “It was sprained, not broken,” he replied, tightly controlling his legendary temper.  “I’m heading off.  Don’t forget Mary is expecting you for dinner tomorrow evening.”

A genuine smile flitted quickly across Sherlock’s face at the thought of John’s new bride.  “Of course. I wouldn’t miss it for the world.  Are you going to join us for a game of Cluedo?”

“Pit myself against the world’s only consulting detective and a reformed assassin?  I hardly think…”  Grimacing, John broke off as a timid knock was heard on the door below.

Sherlock rubbed his hands together with glee.  “Client!”

Mrs. Hudson scurried off to answer, returning a few moments later with the visitor trailing behind her.  He stood hesitantly at the door, briefcase in hand.  He was perfectly ordinary in appearance – neither short nor tall, neither thin nor fat, and was dressed in clothing that looked well-made but not expensive.  His sole distinguishing feature was the truly astonishing brightness of his red hair.

“Come in, then.  Sit.  Tell me your story quickly, and don’t leave out a single detail,” barked Sherlock, crossing his legs and pressing his fingertips together beneath his chin.  “Don’t be boring!”

John sighed, taking pity on the clearly distraught gentleman, introducing himself and indicating a chair.  “Sherlock…” he muttered warningly.  He smiled encouragingly at the poor fellow.  “Go ahead.”

Still on the Battlefield (in alphabetical order):

1. aquarian1
  2. caprice
  3. CuriousParker
  4. Drogo
  5. egavasc
  6. Hanged Man
  7. Jesse
  8. Lady Calypso
  9. Lisin
  10. Machiabelly
  11. MarkHB
  12. Oinky Boinky
  13. SilverStormm
  14. stacy
  15. SVNBob
  16. The Crazed Spruce
  17. TJtrack99

On a slab at St. Bart's:

There is one clue in the story.

You have 48hrs for discussion. If a minimum of 50% of the players have joined a lynch by the time that deadline arrives Day will be extended.  9 votes are needed for a DL.

Good luck!

Edited by photo fox
to note alphabetical order
  • Love 2
(edited)

Non-official mod note:

The Red-Headed League!

::claps hands in delight::

I was hoping I had at least one ACD fan!  I've always loved the Red-Headed League.  And since I have no real imagination of my own, I thought I'd grab some inspiration from canon.  Like, real canon.  The old canon the new canon is based on.  :~)

eta: the note above will give you absolutely no help in the game.  Just fangirl squee.

Edited by photo fox
  • Love 5