Type keyword(s) to search

Sherlock Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is in every recipe I have ever seen for pudding shots and I think it sort of mousse's it up especially since it is frozen.

I'll have to try it with and without. A proper mousse doesn't include cool whip.

Full disclosure: m. caprice is French and loves making chocolate mousse.

• Love 1

caprice...try this

http://www.somethingswanky.com/homemade-cool-whip/

Or tell him you are buying Le Cool Whip.

That's an interesting recipe, thanks. And... *snerk*

Cool Whip is delicious. They used to make a chocolate version which was perfection.

That's all.

Oh, I remember that!

I grew up with cool whip, so I'll just have to point out that I'm making pudding shooters for the ladies and he doesn't have to eat them. So there.

Edited by caprice
  • Love 2

Maybe you could do it with eggs. I think it does have to have some fluffiness because you freeze them. 

My chocolate silk pie is only eggs, sugar, butter, chocolate - you beat it forever and it ends up about 5 inches high. No cool whip. 

Probably your chocolate mousse with booze would be perfect. 

I second Athena's request for the recipe! :D

Maybe you could do it with eggs. I think it does have to have some fluffiness because you freeze them. 

My chocolate silk pie is only eggs, sugar, butter, chocolate - you beat it forever and it ends up about 5 inches high. No cool whip. 

Probably your chocolate mousse with booze would be perfect. 

Your chocolate silk pie sounds like m. caprice's mousse au chocolat in a pie shell. DELISH!!

I've decided I'm going to stick with your original recipe for pudding shooters. If I don't, I won't be able to share them with the neighbor ladies, who are the people they are supposed to be shared with.

• Love 1

Recipe, please. :)

Thank you. Happy Sunday, Mafiosos!

Chocolate Silk pie

1 9 inch baked pie shell (450 F 10-12 min)

1 cup butter

1 ½ cup sugar

4 squares baking chocolate- melted and cooled (unsweetened) or use (3/4 cup cocoa & 4 tbsp butter because 1 sq = 3 tbsp cocoa and ½ to 1 tbsp fat)

4 eggs

1 teasp vanilla

Whipped cream (on top after) 

Cream butter and sugar

Add chocolate and vanilla

Beat until well blended at low speed

Add eggs and beat 10 minutes (it will volumize)

Pour into pie shell and chill 3 hours top with whipped cream.

May be frozen.

(Some recipes say Kahlua or a bit of brandy.)

I have made this half recipe and it works well because otherwise it is very high.

I use the substitute for baking chocolate of cocoa and more butter and it works really well. 

ETA of course that is one 9 inch pie shell not a 19 inch pie shell

also a trick to not have your pie shell shrink down into the pie plate is to turn the pie plate over and put the pastry over the outside of the plate, prick it and bake it. Turn it over into another pie plate when it is cool

Edited by Oinky Boinky
  • Love 4
I have made this half recipe and it works well because otherwise it is very high.

So, is that good for at least a contact high? ;)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

That sounds like an absolutely incredible pie, Oinky. Thanks for sharing! In fact, I'm thinking a pre-baked shell and it would be perfect for my birthday. :D Ooh, or even a graham-cracker shell! Hey, I have a summer birthday. Who wants to bake in the summer?

• Love 2

Cracker crumb shell is good for some things but pastry crust is good with this because the top of the pie is so rich. Adding sweet crumbs on the bottom doesn't balance it the same way. You can buy the raw frozen pastry right on a foil plate and that is good. 

• Love 1

Well, yes, I can buy a raw, frozen pastry crust on the foil plate. The point I'm making is that it would be a lovely pie for my b-day which is in the middle of summer.

I don't want to bake in the middle of summer.

I don't want to bake in the middle of summer.

Good thing you are pretty far from the next middle of summer you see. Plus a pie crust isn't really baking, it's not like you are making a huge batch of cookies or what have you.

Edited by Hanged Man

Heck with "shows." I'm tired of drinking without my Mafia Peeps!!

Oh, now I totally want to go to Mall of America and see if the Peeps Store is getting ready for the holidays with their stock.

Mudslide on the rocks, please!!

• Love 2

Shhhhh.... Shows are on!

And with the new shows comes a new beginning.  A chance for the circle to complete itself. We can go back to where it all began, if we choose to.  Things will be different.  Because the people are different.  Even the ones that were there at the start are different now.  Because change is inevitable.  But there will be familiarity in the change.  The old and the new will merge into one.  And in that, there is rebirth.

(That probably works better with this playing in the background. )

• Love 5

And with the new shows comes a new beginning.  A chance for the circle to complete itself. We can go back to where it all began, if we choose to.  Things will be different.  Because the people are different.  Even the ones that were there at the start are different now.  Because change is inevitable.  But there will be familiarity in the change.  The old and the new will merge into one.  And in that, there is rebirth.

(That probably works better with this playing in the background. )

Bob, are you secretly Sendhil Ramamurthy?

• Love 2
I want to do the thing but am unable to do a thing without the thing being done, so I wait patiently for some thing to happen, so I can do my thing while I watch everyone else doing their thing too.

I don't know how to respond to that, I guess I am not the one to do the thing that you want done.

• Love 2

I know there are some Loot Craters who play in here. If you are, and if you don't play Hearthstone, could you please post the code that came with this month's box, or message me with it. It is on the back of the cardboard thing with the coin on the front.

• Love 1

*Sigh* we need to get our game on, I have been wasting my free time watching Parks and Recreations, youtube videos of non-Americans eating American food and listening to something called the Grape song, which is now stuck in my head.

• Love 5

*Sigh* we need to get our game on, I have been wasting my free time watching Parks and Recreations, youtube videos of non-Americans eating American food and listening to something called the Grape song, which is now stuck in my head.

Yeah. Thanks for that, btw. *sigh*