Type keyword(s) to search

Sherlock Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not drinking at all this Night. I've had a banging migraine for the last 2 days and now it's finally gone I don't want to push my luck, so I'll take a milkshake please!

strawberrychatatshake006.jpg

I'm in the same boat over here. Milkshake me please! (What, that's good for breakfast right?)

• Love 3

Add one to the weekend-long migraine table. It tried coming back this morning and then I forgot to take my reading glasses to the office. It wasn't great, but after a nice dinner, I feel better.

Milkshake me, please.

• Love 2

We're getting a story today. I can feel it in my bones.

Sorry, doll! I think that was just barometric pressure.

I had a work project blow up in my face a few days ago, and have basically just been on the site to read my (mod) forums.

I'm going to go sit in the park at lunch with a bottle and write a story. Should be a fun one!

• Love 1

MOD NOTE

My eagle-eyed editor uncovered a plot hole in my story, so I had to change up a couple of scenes. She's going back through it now...

I have much more understanding about dropped plots in my favorite shows.

• Love 6

Day 2

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

John and Mary Watson Residence

Mary Watson opened the front door with a smile. “Sherlock! We’re so glad you could come.”

“For you, anything,” replied Holmes, stepping into the house and kissing her cheek. “I positively adore dinner parties.”

John walked into the foyer, rolling his eyes. “You barely even made it through our wedding reception! Big bad Sherlock Holmes, afraid of giving a little speech.”

Snickering, Mary turned to head into the dining room. “Come on. Take off your coat and join the party.”

Sherlock unwound his scarf. “Listen. Earlier today I got a visit from Mycroft. Dear brother wants me to pass on a message.”

John chuckled. “Mycroft always has to be so clever. He could just phone us, you know. On our phone.”

Sherlock looked at his friends, his expression heavy with meaning. “It’s a job offer he should like you to decline. An undercover assignment that would prove fatal to you.”

With a sad smile, Mary squeezed his hand. “Tell Mycroft I decline his kind offer. I am no longer in that line of work.”

She shared a quick glance with her husband, then shook off the morbid conversation. “Enough. Come through. Everyone is already here except for Stamford.”

John reached for Sherlock's coat. "Any action in the matter of the Red-Headed League? That's what I'm calling it on my blog."

"As usual, you see, but you do not observe," Sherlock replied arrogantly. "It's an interesting case, but a simple one. Come with me on Saturday and I'll show you what is already obvious to me."

Molly strolled into the entry with Inspector Lestrade. “We’re having our little drinkies. Mrs. Hudson created this one she calls ‘the Lestrade’.” She shot him a look out of the corner of her eyes. “Quite tasty.”

The bell rang again. “Oh, good, Mike’s here,” Mary exclaimed as she swung open the door. The step was empty, save for a small wrapped box. She bent to pick it up, but was stopped by Sherlock’s hand on her shoulder.

“Don’t touch it!” he roared. “Gary, look at the characters on the flap!”

“It’s Greg,” replied the long-suffering inspector, moving forward to look at the package. The letters “IOU” were scrawled across the end in childlike handwriting. He sighed. “I’ll phone the bomb squad.”

Mary threw up her hands. “So much for dinner!”

St. Bart’s Hospital

Mike Stamford barreled out of the door of St. Bart’s. Dashing off a text to John to explain his tardiness, he didn’t see the woman until he nearly bowled her over reaching for the door on the same cab.

“Excuse me, I’m so sorry!” he exclaimed, reaching out to help steady her on her impossibly high heels.

“Look at the poor man,” she trilled in her sultry voice. “You look so worried, but you didn’t harm me.”

His face relaxed into its typical good-natured cheer. “Let me get the door for you.”

He stood back as the glamorous woman slid into the back seat, then leaned in, unwilling to let her leave. “What’s the address? Maybe we could share?”

He glanced up at the driver, and horror filled him as his gaze met a pair of rueful black eyes. “Did you miss me?” asked the cabbie in a mocking brogue.

Stamford nearly fell down trying to back out of the vehicle. “Miss! Miss! Let me help you out of there before he hurts you!”

The woman pulled a stylish handgun from her designer bag. “I don’t mind a little pain, as long as it’s not my own,” she drawled, leveling the gun at Mike’s chest and pulling the trigger.

He stumbled backward and fell lifeless onto the sidewalk as the cab sped away on the lonely street.

Still on the Battlefield (in alphabetical order):

• aquarian1
  • caprice
  • CuriousParker
  • Drogo
  • Hanged Man
  • Jesse
  • Lady Calypso
  • Lisin
  • MarkHB
  • Oinky Boinky
  • SilverStormm
  • stacey
  • SVNBob
  • The Crazed Spruce
  • TJtrack99

On a slab at St. Bart's:

egavasc – The Hound, Villain
Well, you're an animal. You're scary as hell, but you have no special abilities.
Machiabelly - Mike Stamford, Hero and Weak Doctor
Each Night PM the name of a player to protect. Since your role is Weak, if you target a villain with your protection, you will also die that Night, along with any hero the villains have successfully targeted.

There is one clue in the story.

You have 48hrs for discussion. If a minimum of 50% of the players have joined a lynch by the time that deadline arrives Day will be extended.  8 votes are needed for a DL.

Good luck!

• Love 1

All right, I'm in!

2 No DL (egavasc, MarkHB), 7 to make another pot of tea

8 egavasc (SVNBob, Drogo, Spruce, CuriousParker, caprice, Lisin, Lady Calypso, Jesse) 1 to hear a dog not barking

1 to DL tjtrack, (OINKY BOINKY) 8 to take out low flyers

The three votes not cast against egavasc are looking a little suspect. Starting clue search with these three in mind.  

Well, at least the two that are still alive.

Edited by Drogo

I feel like I will never figure out a clue, and game play is a mystery to me, too! Until people start getting real real obvious, anyway! So... what do the rest of you think?

• Love 1

Sigh and we lost a protector, gah.

The story clue isn't jumping out at me (shocker), but I am conscious of the quiet players thus far... If you don't actively contribute to the game; at worst you're a villain and at best you're a fence sitter, which, imo is as good as helping the villains, because that doesn't help us heroes root them out. Food for thought.

Also sigh, I've been ill since Thursday night with a sore throat, chesty cough etc, ick. :/

• Love 1

I've been quiet, largely because I'm still trying to get caught up on a week's worth of TV (we didn't really watch anything last Monday night, got back after midnight Saturday, and then there's football and, you know, work) and haven't had time to devote to the game.  But I am a hero, and as I said at the time, my "No DL" vote was because I wanted us to get the additional time while being skeptical of Bob's "trust me" DL.

• Love 1

But Silver- Machiabelly was a sitter on D1, and he was a Hero protector.  Don't I know you to be a champion of The Gameplay Strategy?

Look, here you are:

oberyn.gif

Yeah obvs it isn't foolproof because some people are simply quiet, but it still makes me side eye them, not enough to do anything as yet of course. Just keeping an eye out.

Also YAY Oberyn! Love him. :D

• Love 1

The three votes not cast against egavasc are looking a little suspect. Starting clue search with these three in mind.  

Well, at least the two that are still alive.

As Silver pointed out, there are more than these two players to look at. Mark and Oinky both used wanting to extend conversation as their reason for going against the egavasc vote. For now, I'd be willing to throw them the benefit of the doubt and look elsewhere.

• Love 1

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Snickering

John chuckled.

childlike handwriting

"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" is a really good song from the musical "Wicked."  Not sure how it ties into anyone here, but thought I'd bring it up because it's in my head now. 

Snickers and Chuckles are both candies (and I know both synonyms for laugh) - could be nothing, could be something.

Childlike handwriting... chicken scratch?

It is true my vote was to prolongue discussion and also to promote my long held belief that non posters are at best non contributing and at worst villians.

Not sick, not busy at work but PVRing blue jays games so staying away a bit in case of spoilers.

In any case some of you like to kill me right out of the gate, some of you know I am good at finding villains and promoting helpful discussion. If I was villainous I wouldn't want me in this game either. But I'm not so I want me in.

Edited by Oinky Boinky
  • Love 1

Snickers

Chuckles

little drinkies

child's play

Scrawled

IOU

ABC 123

A1 (aquarian)

Impossibly high shoes

Glamorous

Stylish

Haute?

Couture which is almost coutu - knife

Stilettos - which are impossibly high stylish shoes

Ha ha just made myself think of the shoes of the fisherman who might also be aquarian.

• Love 1

Ok.  Here's what I have so far:

Based on Mach's talents, he tried to protect the woman in high heels getting in the car and for killed for it.  Mary was protected from the bomb outside her door by another doctor (probably John Watson).

OR

Mach got killed by the villains and he protected someone that was a hero but not a target.

Based on the story, I think the 1st one is right.  What this gets us, I have no idea.  UNLESS someone has the ability to talk to the dead.  If you do, fellow hero, please ask Mach who he protected.

I'm willing to give OB the benefit of the doubt for now.  Her 1st vote is just how she rolls.  :)

ITA with what CP just said. That makes a ton of sense to me story wise...

Also I'm only slightly suspicious of OB, based on first day game-play, but I am always that way so my slight suspicion should likely not mean anything. 

• Love 1

I like CP's assessment, too.

Also I'm only slightly suspicious of OB, based on first day game-play, but I am always that way so my slight suspicion should likely not mean anything. 

You're always slightly suspicious of OB?

• Love 1

CP so if Mach was protecting the high

heeled lady she is still a villain right and Mach didn't know she was unworthy.

Thanks A1 that was nice of you after I was throwing shade on you. 3:)

Right.

I think Mach protected a Hero but the villains killed Mach.  Otherwise, who did the villains kill? 

They tried to kill Mary but she was protected by someone else. Probably Watson.

ETA:  "she"

Edited by Guest

They tried to kill Mary

What a bunch of poopheads! 

Okay I officially don't know what I want to do and nothing in this story is jumping out at me.  I bet there's anagrams in there.  Looking forward to Bob's input.

Today was a rough day. Sitting in a hotel ballroom, getting more and more bad news by the minute (work stuff). Of course, 'bad news' is relative. It just means I'm going to be pulling some long hours here in the next three to six months. On the up side - job security!

So what do we have, guys? I've actually got a tiny window to review, and I'm not seeing anything that's jumping out at me. We've got what, just about 19 hours to have a DL complete or at least half way voted to. Let's get cooking!

• Love 2

Interesting story, lots of stuff.

Sorry this is going to be very stream of consciousness, my assistant was supposed to clean it up.

Not sure there is an anagram here, very few long or uncommon/rare words.

I am going to get this out, I do not think it is true but it should be at least discussed. The story said, about the death of the Hound:
“Where did the hound come from?” demanded Sherlock.
“It’s just a gift, Mr. ‘Olmes,” the cabbie shared cheerfully. “You’ve got a fan, and he knows you’ve been wanting to catch this beast. Just a gift. See you soon, Mr. ‘Olmes.”
The player that gave us the gift of the Hound was Bob and it seems that the story says that the villains delivered the Hound, ergo Bob may be a villain. And Drogo may be a villain backing Bob’s play.
However it would be ballsy and diabolical for the villains to sacrifice one of their own right off the bat to establish trust with the heroes.  Has that ever happened before?
Once again, don’t think it’s true but it should be out there in case I die mysteriously and don’t have an opportunity to say it.

Only one hero died, my guess is that Watson/Sherlock/Mary is a protector, I think there are(were) two hero protectors
Machiabelly didn’t particularly do anything to attract attention to himself so it seems odd that he would be targeted.  Therefore I don’t think he was targeted by villains but, as surmised, made the mistake of protecting a villain, now if only we knew who it was.
I hope the villains only get one kill and that one seemed burned on the save by the other protector; so who would Machiabelly, at the beginning of the game without any (to our knowledge) clue of who is who, protect? That person is a villain. Now the best person to protect would be the one that is most valuable, but you don’t know who the most valuable person is because the game just started.
So you go by contribution to the discussion; who is leading the way? Who has contributed the most valuable advice? Who do the villains want dead? The answer: Bob. Bob lead us straight to the hound right off the bat, Bob is well known for being exceptionally good at this game, Bob is, at this point the most valuable Hero. So without knowing anything Bob is who a protector would protect. Does this follow?

• Love 1

That's a scary idea, HM. The Villains throwing one of their own on the altar to establish trust on D1... Diabolical and kind of cool, really.

But I don't see the lovely mods, PF and Biz as being cruel enough to give egavasc or anyone else a one day role.

I'm a hero, there's no doubt about it- & I'm quite lovely myself.