Type keyword(s) to search

Sherlock Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Holds Drogo* just, try to not be distracted by the actual redhead (not a clue, btw).

I'm not sure about clues, but I am a little curious about one thing I noticed.

(completely distracted)

Is it the player numbers?

• Love 1

FYI, my 4yr old daughter is unwell with a fever, cough, sore throat etc etc so she takes priority for the next day or 2, but I will check in when I can. (Not that anything really adds up for me until the game is properly underway anyhow).

#mummylifeproblems

• Love 3

FYI, my 4yr old daughter is unwell with a fever, cough, sore throat etc etc so she takes priority for the next day or 2, but I will check in when I can. (Not that anything really adds up for me until the game is properly underway anyhow).

#mummylifeproblems

Silver lining:  This is the perfect time to read her "The Princess Bride." 

• Love 3

This is going to be complex because there are so many sources from which to draw.

Because I am so observant I noticed that the list provided by Photo was not in the same order of the sign-up list and I started working on that angle. And then I read the bolded part “In Alphabetical Order” Very rarely I am too smart for my own good.

THE THING!   I forget, what do we do now?

Everyone announces who they are in alphabetical order.

Keeping things organized and under control as I am want to do... My List:

1. Sherlock
2. Watson
3. Moriarty - Villain
4. Irene Adler - Villain? Recruitable?
5. Detective Lestrade
6. Hound of Baskerville? Who would be the perfect serial killer, unless there is actually a serial killer.
7. Speaking of which Taxi Cab driver(?)
8. Mrs Hudson(?) owner of 221b
9. Mycroft Holmes
10. Sally Donovan *Detective in BBC Sherlock series
11. Mary? Or just an NPC?
12. other person
13. other person
14. other person
15. other person
16. other person
17. other person

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 2

1. Sherlock

2. Watson

3. Moriarty - Villain

5. Detective Inspector Lestrade

6. Hound of Baskerville? Who would be the perfect serial killer, unless there is actually a serial killer.

9. Mycroft Holmes

12. other person - Anderson SOCO/CSI officer?

13. other person - Mrs Holmes? (Mummy)

14. other person - Mr Holmes? (Daddy)

15. other person - Molly the forensic science girl?

16. other person - A member of Sherlock's homeless network?

17. other person - CAM? 

Off the top of my head, added some ideas for characters in while I have 5 mins to myself

• Love 1

1. Sherlock
2. Watson
3. Moriarty - Villain
5. Inspector Lestrade
9. Mycroft Holmes
12. other person - Anderson SOCO/CSI officer?
13. other person - Mrs Holmes? (Mummy)
14. other person - Mr Holmes? (Daddy)
15. other person - Molly the forensic science girl?
16. other person - A member of Sherlock's homeless network?
17. other person - CAM?

In adding to but not really adding to the list... what about the Client? Do we think that's an NPC or is it possible that's another character, I don't know the story so I'm not sure if it would be a Hero or Villain so I didn't add them to the list at all. You're welcome. I did basically nothing! 

Crap, I forget who most of these characters are. I'll have to find the Sherlock Wiki to refresh my memory. And we're at the beginning of a huge Medicaid insurance change here at work. I'm heading out shortly to yet another meeting (this one just an hours drive away), so hopefully I'll have time to check back in tonight, after reading up on who's who - at least I remember Bumberditch Cenderblick!

• Love 1

Something about this.. can't put my finger on it.

My phone doesn't quote your whole post but the neither fat nor thin etc makes the client perfect if Sherlock turns out to be Goldilocks

Bob is trying to entice me. He knows I hate the no DL day.

• Love 1

What's the time?  Oh good.  Still a couple minutes.

1 egavasc (SVNBob) 8 to eliminate.

Why?  Let's just say I have a reason.

Oh Bob, usually it's me coming in all guns blazing and starting a lynch based on some silly thing I've found.  At least I give a reason, silly as it may be.  Come on, spill!

We still have 24 hours right? Now, I'm open to not doing a no DL on day 1 if we have more reason than just "I have a reason" because that reason could just as easily be "I'm a villain and it'd be nice if you all off yourselves for me" not that I'm accusing you or anything Bob, I'm just saying, give us a bit more! 

• Love 2

I don't know Bob to jump the gun, so I could be very into joining his DL. 

Since he couldn't possibly know anything about anyone from Powers at this point, I'm going to check the story to see if there's some glaring egavasc clue I overlooked...

I'd love to know Bob's 'reason' for lynching egavasc on the first day. Y'know, unless he has a power that allows him to know who a villain is right off the bat....like I've always said, I think the first day is always too soon to lynch. I just feel like there's never enough substantial evidence against anyone. 

• Love 1

Hey hey hey hey there! A poor girl's been sick all day, gets up from her pathetic attempts to nap to check on something fun and there's already a lynch started against her? Now that's just cruel y'all! I think there needs to be far more evidence then "I have a feeling." 

Since I am innocent, and I'd love to get more chances to look for clues in more stories when my head doesn't feel like it's going to implode, I'm going to start a No DL. Please don't off me when I'm too weak to fight! 

1 No DL (egavasc), 8 to allow cooler heads to prevail! 

1 egavasc (SVNBob) 8 to eliminate

• Love 1

Do I feel lucky? Kinda.. and I want to see where this goes.

I don't know anyone here to put their neck out on D1 unless they have something GOOOOOD. Giving Bob the benefit of the doubt that he's cracked some clue-code/format he doesn't want to make public yet. I can dig it.

1 No DL (egavasc), 8 to stare at the Cluedo box

2 egavasc (SVNBob, Drogo) 7 to see what's up Bob's sleeve

Hmmm....

1. Bob is a hero and has some reason that he is not telling us to lynch egasc; egavasc is a villain, we lynch egavasc, it is revealed she is a villain. villains kill Bob because you can't trust a witch
  2. Bob is a villain, he convinces us to kill egavasc, it is revealed that egavasc is a hero, Bob spins a yarn about misinterpreting the clues, we do or don't lynch Bob next depending on how good his yarn is.
  3. Bob, good or bad, is just stirring things up
  • Love 1

Something about this.. can't put my finger on it.

My phone doesn't quote your whole post but the neither fat nor thin etc makes the client perfect if Sherlock turns out to be Goldilocks Bob is trying to entice me. He knows I hate the no DL day.

It's a fairly standard non-description. Except for his hair, there is nothing for a witness to identify him. Perfect.

Hmmm....

• Bob is a hero and has some reason that he is not telling us to lynch egasc; egavasc is a villain, we lynch egavasc, it is revealed she is a villain. villains kill Bob because you can't trust a witch
  • Bob is a villain, he convinces us to kill egavasc, it is revealed that egavasc is a hero, Bob spins a yarn about misinterpreting the clues, we do or don't lynch Bob next depending on how good his yarn is.
  • Bob, good or bad, is just stirring things up
Occam's Razor, baby.

I started a part-time temp job last week and am fighting some ridiculous exhaustion. I'm also finding some of these "promoted stories" below rather distracting.

In other words, I've not seen anything that stands out in the story.

• Love 1

He could very well be starting something just to see how people vote.  I do not like DLing on the first day without any discussion as to why we should DL someone, random lynching only helps the villains.

For the record I am a hero. The villains know I am not a villain. I could be serial killer, but I am not.

• Love 1

Hmmm....

1. Bob is a hero and has some reason that he is not telling us to lynch egasc; egavasc is a villain, we lynch egavasc, it is revealed she is a villain. villains kill Bob because you can't trust a witch
  2. Bob is a villain, he convinces us to kill egavasc, it is revealed that egavasc is a hero, Bob spins a yarn about misinterpreting the clues, we do or don't lynch Bob next depending on how good his yarn is.
  3. Bob, good or bad, is just stirring things up

I'm leaning toward #1.  Here's my hypothesis.

Bob either has some information from his Bio that helps him, or some kind of Day investigative power, or he's identified a clue that he doesn't want to share because he figures knowing how it was written (anagram, maybe, I'm useless for wordplay) will help him ID future clues. Either way, he's confident enough.  I estimate Bob figures we'll find out from the Night story that he was on the side of the Good and as such, a Hero Protector will protect him overNight.  

Source material:  Bob was forthcoming on Day 1 of TPB-Mafia about being *an important Hero* (which we all admitted put a target on his back) and that transparency led to me/Fezzik protecting him on N1 and all throughout the game.  Sometimes putting a target on your back with the villains comes with the added bonus of throwing out a Bat-signal for your Hero allies.  

I'm willing to take a shot with this DL.  I figure if Bob were a villain he'd have at least one supporter by now, but his DL's been met with mostly skepticism so far. 

Full disclosure, though, Bob --  if this is all a shenanigan and egavasc ends up being a Hero -- I'm starting the DL on you. And Poppycock Cinnabons will not be happy, either. 

db9bbbe5c4e36584337a3a72d149b34f.jpg

• Love 1

Ok I have re-read the story and the best clue I can come up with is Cluedo which is the British version of Clue

btw I am just going to get this out of the way and then continue.

***********ONE OF THE WEAPONS IN CLUEDO IS A ROPE. THIS ROPE CAN BE USED TO STRANGLE PEOPLE, WHEN PEOPLE ARE STRANGLED BY SUSPENSION IT IS REFERRED TO AS "HANGING", HANGED MAN HAS "HANGING" IN HIS NAME.

The Wikipedia article on Cluedo is massive

Source material:  Bob was forthcoming on Day 1 of TPB-Mafia about being *an important Hero*

That game is not this game. He has not been forthcoming as to who he is yet and you were also forthcoming in that game and not in this one. Perhaps this is a plot hatched by two villains to get a quick DL?

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 2

I believe he was mentioning it as a way of saying "I know it's there, but it's not a clue!"

The rest of the standard game:

Revolver, Candlestick, Wrench, Lead Pipe, Poison (in some sets), Knife

Mustard, Scarlet, Green, Peacock, Plum, White

Hall, Ballroom, Study, Conservatory, Billiard Room, Kitchen, Library, Lounge, Dining Room

And, of course, poor Mr. Boddy.

I remain skeptical of the proposed DL..

• Love 2

It's a different game, but I'm pointing out that Bob's been known to make grand statements on Day 1 when he's a hero.

Yes, people can change. For example in a former life I probably would have killed you for such slander. In this life I'd invite you for dinner and a bit of Cluedo.

I'm sticking with Bob unless something really compelling comes along.

• Love 1

I'm not %100 sure about Bob's motives, but we've gotta get things moving, so....

1 No DL (egavasc), 8 to deflect a ball off of a dangling bat while tossing it back to the mound

2 egavasc (SVNBob, Drogo, Spruce) 7 to hit a three-run homer in the 7th inning of a tied game

• Love 2

I have recompiled the character list; moving the known characters and the incredibly likely to appear to the top, and moved some of the less likely down.  I've also added links to the Baker Street wiki for information on these characters as they are in the version of the canon that is the game setting.

Now, to answer some questions about my earlier statements.

At the time, only I was under a deadline... that had nothing to do with real life.

And I never said I had a "feeling" or a "clue" to based my vote on.  Just a reason.  And that reason is...somewhere in this post.  I can't be more specific than that.  Nor can I be specific as to why I can't be specific.

I know I'm not being forthcoming and look rather suspicious.  Let's just say that there's more than 3 possibilities for my actions.  Keep that in mind, palease.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 1

OK.  Let's see what comes out in the wash.

1 No DL (egavasc), 8 to deflect a ball off of a dangling bat while tossing it back to the mound
4 egavasc (SVNBob, Drogo, Spruce, CuriousParker) 5 to fly by the seat of our pants and hope

Hmm... Interesting

Remember we need to account for 4-5 villains and possibly an SK which I would maintain is the Hound, btw seeing Hound in the character list took me to GoT

CAM

Moriarty

Taxi Driver

Irene Adler(?)

2 egavasc (SVNBob, Drogo, Spruce) 7 to hit a three-run homer in the 7th inning of a tied game

*Sigh* Concentrate Spruce. With 3 people voting you need 6 to DL ;)

5 to DL egavasc (SVNBob, Drogo, Spruce, CuriousParker, HM) 4 to do England a favor.

• Love 1

Since I'm still not finding anything, I am willing to *ahem* give Bob some rope. Which reminds me... as far as HM pointing out the "clueness" of the rope in Cluedo, I used to do the same thing. When your user name is "keeptrying," any commonly used verb is used to point in your direction.

6 egavasc (SVNBob, Drogo, Spruce, CuriousParker, HM, caprice) 3 to barely miss cross-posting

• Love 1

So, I am considering what you guys have been saying despite me not wanting to DL on the very first day, before night has even fallen. But I hope you understand that I can't abandon my own 'rule', so to speak, since I also can't cook up a good reason to trust Bob this early. Boy, I like leaning toward taking risks, but this is just....I'm just too unsure. 

2 No DL (egavasc, Lady Calypso), 7 to think it may be too soon to take a risk
6 egavasc (SVNBob, Drogo, Spruce, CuriousParker, HM, caprice) 3 to jump on the gun and not be a chicken like Lady Calypso

• Love 1

The original name of the client is Jabez Wilson; he may well be a character even though he has not appeared on the show.

In hopes of earning the additional time, while still not entirely sure about this proposal, I am adding my name to the No DL contingent.  Just for the record, I am a hero.

3 No DL (egavasc, Lady Calypso, MarkHB), 6 to make another pot of tea
6 egavasc (SVNBob, Drogo, Spruce, CuriousParker, HM, caprice) 3 to put the thing to the thing and do the thing.

addams-family-o.gif

• Love 1

Well... I'm befuddled but the logic I'm hearing from the Yes DL side makes more sense to me at the moment than the logic from the No DL side (which is just, we don't know so let's not) and generally I lean towards "we never really know for a while so what's different about day 1?" in my mind, so I'm just gonna go for it! I'm a hero! I hope I'm on the right side of this, but if not obviously I will join the vengeance DL on Bob that Drogo starts! 

3 No DL (egavasc, Lady Calypso, MarkHB), 6 to make another pot of tea
7 egavasc (SVNBob, Drogo, Spruce, CuriousParker, HM, caprice, Lisin) 2 to cross my fingers and hope this thing's the right thing.

• Love 1