Type keyword(s) to search

Sherlock Mafia

• Start Topic

You're always slightly suspicious of OB?

Heee. Sorry! That's what I get for trying to make sense at work while my office was being painted. I meant to say I'm always suspicious in general, of everyone in the beginning ;). 

• Love 2
  • Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it that Mach was trying to protect the high heeled lady and being obviously a villain- that is what killed Mach.

The otherwise no night kill could be due to many factors.
if we have a taxi driver is it possible he is like a bus driver? That is he moves people around so they are blocked or in a different role.

A taxi driver or bus driver IR puppet master. Could a puppet master explain the kiddie clues?

That word is 'or'
Stupid autocorrect.
I think autocorrect should automatically add the word 'stupid' in front of the word autocorrect.

Edited by Oinky Boinky
  • Love 1

sorry I hadn't read HM's post before posting mine.

Regarding protection and day one DL. I think it is all a shot in the dark at the beginning, the stuff with Bob is odd but did come out true and we got a bad guy so that is good.

What I find odd about Bob's thing is not only was it there whatever it was but why disclose or hint at it?  Aren't we supposed to be playing close to the vest at this point? Would he do something to put himself in question on day 1? Many of you know it is so much safer to say not much at all.

(And sorry also for edits - I don't like to do that in game but my phone is hard to control sometimes.)

• Love 1

It is sort of odd that Bob has not said anything "today".  HM may be on to something.  Or not, HM could be throwing shade because he knows Bob is a hero.  I don't know.  It does look like we're going to give the bad guys a free day though.  Granted, I'm not starting a lynch either because it would be a random draw at this point.

Basically, I'm saying I got NOTHIN'.

Edited by Guest
Added a T.

Basically, I'm saying I got NOTHIN'.

We had nothing yesterDay, too, then Bob came in with the egavasc DL.  I was onboard to do something, and he was showing a lot of confidence in the DL.  egavasc was indeed a villain - a big one- so as far as I'm concerned, Bob's one of the good guys.   

A little uncomfortable with HM's conspiracy theory of villains sacrificing other villains, and his subsequent targeting of the one player I feel I can trust at this point, so here's this.  

1 to DL Hanged Man (Drogo),  7 to call the Bomb Squad

• Love 1

I believe we are not used to the coming in and pairing schedule. Can we please get enough votes to prolong discussion. We are close to end of day and I have to start my commute. I will totally willingly change my vote once I get home.

Ironically the reason I trust Bob should make me trust HM also. That is too much putting yourself out front early when you could lie low is not very villainous.

But...

3 to DL Hanged Man (Drogo, CuriousParker,Oinky B) 5 to look for the Shepherd

Coming in and posting grrrr

• Love 1

I'm confused, not sure why everyone is jumping on HM for having an idea?

Saying that though, I kinda felt the same way about the egavasc DL and look how that turned out, so it seems I know nothing a la Jon Snow.

5 to DL Hanged Man (Drogo, CuriousParker, Oinky B, stacey, Silverstormm) 3 to find out whodunnit?

• Love 1

I don't have time to be witty. Stupid real life job. Suffice it to say I have no evidence saying I shouldn't jump on this so there we are.

6 to DL Hanged Man (Drogo, CuriousParker, Oinky B, stacey, Silverstormm, Lisin) 2 to have tea after?

• Love 1

LOL Now that is interesting, I proposed a logical argument to see if I could draw some villains to start a DL against Bob and instead Drogo comes after me.

It will be funny if I get lynched, not quite as funny as when the Heroes lynched Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but close.

Curious Parker what are you doing here? You are fairly clearly Lestrade,  Just as Drogo is Mary/John/Sherlock and Bob is also one of Mary/John/Sherlock, You should be pointing your attentions at Caprice, Mark and Silverstorm

• Love 1

MOD NOTE:

I'm calling night.  We're at 49 hours, and I'm going to be reasonably strict on time because I know who's who, and I don't want to influence the game, since I'm positive I can't stay objective.  So sticking with the time I already gave seems most fair.

Let's go to the bar, y'all!

*reposted because HM and I posted at the same time, to make his game talk be in Day instead of Night.

• Love 1

Poor me a drink, bartender. I'm off tomorrow, so I have a three day weekend to enjoy....

Three day weekends are great. In related news, my temp contract was extended.

I'll have a hot spiced cider. Thanks.

• Love 2

Ugh, you guys, sorry I haven't been available much. And it's not going to get better until the middle of next week! 

In the meantime, I will start my day with a virtual bloody Mary. That's the right accessory for my work-appropriate zebra costume, right? 

Edited by Jesse
  • Love 3

Ugh, you guys, sorry I haven't been available much. And it's not going to get better until the middle of next week! 

In the meantime, I will start my day with a virtual bloody Mary. That's the right accessory for my work-appropriate zebra costume, right? 

Now we MUST have pictures.  Please?

A small vinyl record with a large hole, usually containing a single song on each side.  But, please keep in mind, I just found out the "real" meaning of Netflix and Chill; so, I could be wrong.

BTW, HM, your card came up on Haven this week!

What's Haven?

And I hope it was properly represented.

How many of you know what "a 45" is?

Depends on who I am speaking to though by default I go with bullet size as Drogo does.

But, please keep in mind, I just found out the "real" meaning of Netflix and Chill

That is bizarre, I was working over the weekend and the phrase Netflix and Chill came up and it needed to be explained to everyone what it was. I had to check your profile to see if you are one of my working buddies incognito

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 1

That is bizarre, I was working over the weekend and the phrase Netflix and Chill came up and it needed to be explained to everyone what it was. I had to check your profile to see if you are one of my working buddies incognito

This is weird. Same thing happened to me.

What's Haven?

And I hope it was properly represented.

Depends on who I am speaking to though by default I go with bullet size as Drogo does.

Haven is a show on Syfy, loosely based on a short novel by Stephen King.  I found a screencap here; the interpretation in this instance related to torture.

I had heard "Netflix and Chill," but wasn't aware it had a deeper meaning.  Of course, I may be closer to the "VHS and Chill" generation.

I'd like to mention that "Netflix and Chill" came out with some of my friends in this very thread and they had to be enlightened as well. It's hitting the Mafioso zeitgeist.

Still miss y'all!

• Love 1

So funny! I also learned what the true meaning of Netflix and Chill was this weekend... all this time I thought it legit meant to watch Netflix and... you know... Chill. 

In other news I'm old. Jagged Little Pill is 20 years old this week. 

• Love 1

So funny! I also learned what the true meaning of Netflix and Chill was this weekend... all this time I thought it legit meant to watch Netflix and... you know... Chill. 

In other news I'm old. Jagged Little Pill is 20 years old this week. 

I have first cousins who are grandparents.  Fortunately, they are older than I am, but not by much.

I remember one of my great-grandfathers; I mentioned to one of the above cousins that that means we knew his new grandson's great-great-great grandfather.

• Love 1

MOD NOTE

Sorry for the delay, y'all! Biz and I experienced some spam blockage issues, and she was waiting on me and I was waiting on her. ;-)

I will have the Night Two story up - appropriately enough - late tonight. I'm literally heading out to go to a ball. lol

• Love 1

Night 2

A World of Goldfish

John and Mary’s front step was awash with flood lights as the bomb squad worked to defuse the explosive package. The neighboring houses had been evacuated, and the partygoers stood in the street. Sergeant Sally Donovan ducked under the crime tape and approached the group.

“Hello, freak,” she tossed casually at Sherlock.

John took a step forward, his fists clenched at his sides. “My wife was almost blown up! Why am I the only one who thinks this is serious?!”

Mary laid a soothing hand on his shoulder, and he paced back and forth muttering.

Greg broke away from the steps and approached the group. “A simple device. Very easy to find the instructions on the net. I doubt we’ll find any forensic evidence, but I'm going to call Anderson in as a consultant. Now, who have you boys been pissing off?”

“It’s Moriarty,” Sherlock bit out. “IOU. That’s his calling card. He still has a debt to settle with me.”

Mary gripped John’s hand. “But… he’s dead. I mean, you told me he was dead, Moriarty.”

John nodded. “Absolutely. He blew his own brains out on the roof at St. Bart’s.”

Sherlock’s phone lit with a call. He checked the display with a grim laugh and tapped the screen to answer. “Twenty-seven minutes. You’re getting slow.”

Mycroft settled back into his seat as his driver pulled away from the Diogenes Club. “I hear a mutual interest has resurfaced. I do so hope Mrs. Watson wasn’t frightened. But considering her past, I suppose she wouldn’t be.”

“How long have you known?” demanded Sherlock.

“Known what?” Mycroft drawled, smoothing his lapel. “Oh, how long have I known that your friend Jim didn’t die on that roof? From the first day. I don’t know why you’re surprised. As you say, I am the British government.”

Mycroft paused as his car suddenly accelerated. “It was a simple deduction, really. You forget – I’m the smart one.”

Sherlock snorted. “That takes me back. ‘I’m the smart one.’ I used to think I was an idiot.”

The car slowed to a normal speed. “Both of us thought you were an idiot, Sherlock. We had nothing else to go on, until we met other children. You seem slow to me, but real people? I’m living in a world of goldfish.”

Mycroft heaved a sigh. “I’ll send you the information I have, but try to stay out of trouble. Your loss would upset Mummy.”

He tapped his phone to end the call, then glanced at the woman at his side. “Is there anything I need to know?”

Her thumbs tapping rapidly at her phone screen, the young woman known to most as “Anthea” shook her head quickly. “Nothing, sir. There was a cab following a bit too closely, but our driver sped up and they didn’t follow.”

Mycroft gave a tight smile. “It seems James Moriarty has returned from the dead. Elevate London’s threat status to a Level 3, and increase surveillance on my brother and Doctor Watson.”

“Right away, sir.”

“And thank you, my dear, for not being a goldfish.” With those words, Mycroft turned to watch the London streets pass by his window.

Still on the Battlefield (in alphabetical order):

• aquarian1
  • caprice
  • CuriousParker
  • Drogo
  • Hanged Man
  • Jesse
  • Lady Calypso
  • Lisin
  • MarkHB
  • Oinky Boinky
  • SilverStormm
  • stacey
  • SVNBob
  • The Crazed Spruce
  • TJtrack99

On a slab at St. Bart's:

egavasc – The Hound, Villain
Well, you're an animal. You're scary as hell, but you have no special abilities.
Machiabelly - Mike Stamford, Hero and Weak Doctor
Each Night PM the name of a player to protect. Since your role is Weak, if you target a villain with your protection, you will also die that Night, along with any hero the villains have successfully targeted.

You have 24hrs to get your night actions in.

There is one clue in the story.