Type keyword(s) to search

Xena: Warrior Princess Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I agree with this Lisin but I'm not sure- you 3 haven't exactly won trust with your absence.  Anyone in particular who's "added" stuff but not added

*Heroes - by my count we have until 5pm Eastern to get 8 votes against somebody.  I think we have a few potential DL's worth the calculated risk. 

It's a hard question to answer Drogo because I don't want to be needlessly mean but for example Jesse chimes in a lot but doesn't say much and did try to put us off the grouse clue earlier. Again, this may mean nothing but you asked. I'm not sold on any of the clues for A1 which also makes me kinda suspicious of saorise but not enough to pull a trigger just yet. I'm going to re-read the story again and see if I spot anything else. 

• Love 2

Before I go out and miss another DL, I'm going to jump on board. Also, because this is the best lead we got. I am willing to retract IF someone can disprove the lead, but I'm going to stick with this for now.

4 to DL aquarian1 (saoirse, HM, Drogo, Lady Calypso), 4 to maybe try elderberries for the first time

• Love 2

I'm not crazy about this, but since I can't really be on again before the deadline....

6 to DL aquarian1 (saoirse, HM, Drogo, Lady Calypso, Athena, Dougal), 2 to have Hamilton stuck in my head yet again for another week or so, thanks Drogo

• Love 2

It's a hard question to answer Drogo because I don't want to be needlessly mean but for example Jesse chimes in a lot but doesn't say much and did try to put us off the grouse clue earlier. Again, this may mean nothing but you asked. I'm not sold on any of the clues for A1 which also makes me kinda suspicious of saorise but not enough to pull a trigger just yet. I'm going to re-read the story again and see if I spot anything else. 

Given that I don't have any specific information, my best hope is always  that my noodling around with ideas will trigger someone else to come up with something better. (If I stop doing that, then I become one of the non-participants, and sometimes they look suspicious to the group as well!)  And I don't think I tried to put anyone off the grouse clue, I just wasn't sold on it myself (wrongly, I guess?). I hope you agree that isn't suspicious in and of itself. 

• Love 3

I clearly need a clue to yell in my face. Sorry, even after my drawing ties between "aqua" and "water," I'm on the fence. I realize this doesn't look good for me, especially after missing all the votes on Spruce.

• Love 2

Light-Bulb.jpg

Day 2

Devious Deities

These two words have been in my head for days and no one to connect it to.  "Devious Deities" kept bringing me back to that stupid show "Devious Maids."  Aquarius is symbolized by Ganymede, "the water bearer, cupbearer to the gods." 

Deities = gods / Cupbearer = servant/maid

• Love 2

You know, that seems obscure enough to actually be a clue in this game! And I don't have any good reason not to, so...

7 to DL aquarian1 (saoirse, HM, Drogo, Lady Calypso, Athena, Dougal, Jesse), 1 to tread water

• Love 2

Mod Note:

Day has ended and Twilight has begun. You now have 12 hours to submit your Twilight actions. You may continue any game discussion(s) until the Night story is posted.

I'm going to reread everything tonight, and see if there's something else that sticks out, so I can put it out there during Twilight. But so much water imagery was just too much for me to look past.

I feel cautiously optimistic about this...but if I was wrong to start the DL, apologies, @aquarian1! Now just the waiting...

• Love 4

I'm not getting lucky two Nights in a row (*there's a joke in there somewhere)... so here's a little more sage advice for the Heroes from my most recent re-read. 

You'll know my intentions were good once you see who I am.  Some might even call me "the moral center of the show." 

D4:

Joxer felt his stomach rumble, ‘That salt pork stall we passed smelled so good’ he thought to himself as his hunger grew.

Salt pork is made from pork belly

• Love 3

LOL, I hesitate to say this, because it makes me look worse, but you join salt pork to belly and not stomach to belly?

Oh, and I believe that Drogo is a hero, but he is also the only person I could connect to elderberries...It is a Monty Python quote that is a famous Easter Egg in GOT

ETA...this vote all took place while I was at work. Otherwise I would have been on board like last time. Although the air defense is a solid one

Edited by Machiabelly
  • Love 2

Mod Note:

Please consider this as notice that the 12 hr deadline for submitting Twilight actions will close at 2 am EST. However, the Twilight period will continue until the Night story is posted. Therefore, feel free to continue any game discussion(s) until that happens.

We are looking at having the Night story up sometime on Thursday, if not before.

• Love 4

LOL, I hesitate to say this, because it makes me look worse, but you join salt pork to belly and not stomach to belly?

Maybe 'stomach' was the second clue? :D

More reading = feeling more secure about my DL start toDay. Of course, I may not see toMorrow, but if that's the case, I accept my fate!

• Love 2

I'm another person for whom the entire vote took place while I was out (I worked in the afternoon, but had an appointment in the morning). When I was reading the thread, I liked the reasoning and was prepared to join in, and then I saw it was done.

I will repeat, though: I'm a hero, but less useful than others both because whatever power I may have had is now moot, and because, to be brutally honest, I haven't had time to read any of the stories yet (I skipped to the end to see who died). I never watched the show, and I'm just kind of tagging along on this one. But I do love you.

• Love 1

I should apologize to Silver and CP; when I said I hadn't read them, I didn't mean in any way to diminish their hard work or to imply that I don't appreciate what they're doing. It's just been a matter of time for me.

• Love 2

I figured that with that quote 'stomach' was clear enough, so I only pointed out the pork belly.  Anyhow, our omnipresent/sadistic mods are not known across the land for their generosity in clue-giving.  (Shouldn't say that out loud, they have little birds everywhere.  The more you offend them, the worse they make your death.)

I've really enjoyed the new twists to this game; Twilight is great and I think we've made good use of it, and I really like the 36 hour hard-stop; seems to make the voting time more efficient and helps keep the stories coming.  Voting extensions, blech.

• Love 3

I should apologize to Silver and CP; when I said I hadn't read them, I didn't mean in any way to diminish their hard work or to imply that I don't appreciate what they're doing. It's just been a matter of time for me.

Mark, thank you for the clarification.  My feelings were hurt but you just made it better.

Anyhow, our omnipresent/sadistic mods are not known across the land for their generosity in clue-giving.  (Shouldn't say that out loud, they have little birds everywhere.  The more you offend them, the worse they make your death.)

I've really enjoyed the new twists to this game; Twilight is great and I think we've made good use of it, and I really like the 36 hour hard-stop; seems to make the voting time more efficient and helps keep the stories coming.  Voting extensions, blech.

Oh Drogo, I don't need a reason to feel blood thirsty.  heh  Also?  I'm glad that Twilight has been a successful addition.

There are no clues in this post.

I also like the salt pork clue. Also I'm really really liking twilight. Also also I have to re-read because there should be 2 clues right? So do we think that both clues are for the same person or are there two clues for two separate villains. I realize this question isn't terribly helpful but still. I'm at the point where I'm just throwing things out there. 

• Love 2

You know who else was "a hero"...?  This guy...

Okay, I kinda get why that might look like a clue pointing to me, but it can't be, because I am a hero. I'd hint at who I am, but I haven't seen the show in years, and hardly even remember my character.

• Love 1

So do we think that both clues are for the same person or are there two clues for two separate villains. I realize this question isn't terribly helpful but still. I'm at the point where I'm just throwing things out there. 

It's a question I ask myself in every game. I generally try to look in multiple directions because it's one way I can think of to remain semi open to clues. Of course it doesn't mean I find anything, but it helps with discussion.

• Love 3

Night 4

A Plan Of Attack

When the jaded trio arrived back in camp, Eli informed the group of what had happened in town.
“He’s closer than I thought and bold enough to show himself. I think it’s time I paid The Green Dragon a visit” Xena said thoughtfully.
Gabrielle hugged Joxer, “I’m very happy that you’re ok. Thank you Eli” she said as she hugged him next, then continued, “I’m coming with you Xena”
“Me too” Minya added.
“No, it’s better if you stay here Minya. I don’t want to attract unwanted attention and more than two of us is a risk” Xena told her.
Minya looked somewhat crestfallen but reluctantly nodded her assent.

It was late in the afternoon by the time Xena and Gabrielle arrived back in town, looking for information on the whereabouts of The Green Dragon. “Salmoneous may know something, let’s go see him first” Xena suggested.
However, Salmoneous wasn’t there when the duo reached his stall.
“You know what? I completely forgot to tell you; Meg has a place here in town. We could try there” Gabrielle suddenly remembered.
“She does? Where?” Xena asked, surprised.
“She runs a small inn not far from here, come on I’ll lead the way” Gabrielle said as she walked off.
They entered the quaint, yet charming inn and immediately spotted Salmoneous who was sat with two other men. All three were engrossed in a game of cards. Xena walked over to his table, “So this is where you’re hiding” she said wryly.
“Xena! A pleasure, as always” Salmoneous said as he jumped up to greet her. “Merely a little distraction in an otherwise dismal existence” he said sheepishly, indicating the game.
Xena raised an eyebrow in response.
“I need to talk to you; come over to the bar when you finish up here. But make it quick” she told him.  She turned to re-join Gabrielle and Salmoneous took his seat once more.
“Xena, how are you?” Meg asked as she handed her a goblet of wine.
“I’ve been better” Xena replied solemnly, then downed the ruby liquid in one long swig.
“Gabby told me about it all. It’s just horrible, if there’s anything I can do to help…?” Meg offered.
“There may be…have you seen or heard anything about The Green Dragon?” Xena lowered her voice.
“The green dragon? No I haven’t heard a thing. What is it, a tavern?” Meg replied in hushed tones, puzzled.
“No, it’s a person. A very bad person” Xena informed her, as she leaned against the bar and looked around at the patrons with interest.
Salmoneous came over, “Hi Sal, the usual is it?” Meg asked brightly.
He nodded his head, “Please” then addressed Gabrielle, “Gabrielle, ever the sight for sore eyes” he fawned.
“Hello again Salmoneous” Gabrielle responded mildly.
“Quit the sweet talk Salmoneous, it’s information we’re looking for, not flattery” Xena told him sharply.
“How can I help my two favourite ladies?” he smiled expansively.
“What do you know about The Green Dragon?” Xena questioned.
“The green dragon, hmmm” Salmoneous looked pensive, then continued, “Nope, not ringing any bells I’m afraid”
“How can he do what he did to Joxer, in front of all those people, then simply disappear??” Gabrielle said in frustration, “Nobody has even heard of him!”
Salmoneous, who suddenly felt a little nervous in the presence of Gabrielle’s ire, turned to Xena and offered, “I do have some other information that may be of interest to you though”
“I’m listening” she replied.
He looked around furtively then moved closer, “I hear that a roman cohort has taken up camp just outside of town” he whispered conspiratorially.
Xena looked at him with narrowed eyes, “Who’s in charge?”
“A roman general by the name of Julius Caesar” Salmoneous added, “Word is he’s searching for someone”
Xena’s eyes met Gabrielle’s.
“Xena, no. We don’t have the time” Gabrielle urged.
Ignoring Gabrielle she addressed Meg and Salmoneous, “If either if you hear anything of The Green Dragon, please come and find us at our camp, it’s not far. Just head south east out of town and you’ll find it” Xena requested.
“Sure, of course” Salmoneous replied, he sensed that was his cue to depart and made a hasty retreat back to his game.
“I’ll keep my ears open for you, Xena” Meg told her. Xena smiled and gave a nod of thanks.
“Gabrielle, we need to talk” Xena motioned toward an empty table and the pair walked over and sat down.
“Xena, you have every reason to hate Caesar. For what it’s worth, so do I because of what he did to you. I don’t think now is the best time for this; we’re already dealing with Callisto and now The Green Dragon. I’m concerned that we’d be dealing with too much if we took Caesar on as well” Gabrielle said with a look of worry.
“I don’t want to ‘take Caesar on’ as you put it. I just want to kill him” Xena replied with an icy calm.
“How do you propose to do that when he’s surrounded by hundreds of roman soldiers?” Gabrielle asked pointedly.
“It’s very simple, listen, this is what we need to do…” Xena explained the plan she had already formed.
“Ok, it sounds straightforward enough I suppose” Gabrielle cautiously replied.

Revenge, Coldly Served

Under the light of the full moon, Xena covertly infiltrated Caesar’s camp.
She moved silently from tent to tent; evading patrols and soldiers who chatted and drank around campfires, until eventually she reached Caesar’s command tent. She made a slit in the fabric at the rear, then slipped inside and listened. ‘No voices; he’s alone’ she deduced. Watchful for guards, she sneaked further inside until she reached his sleeping quarters. Caesar awoke to a sword point held at his throat; “This is an unexpected surprise” he told her as he sat up, “I would ask how you managed to get in here, but I remember you’re a resourceful woman with many talents”
“Not one to be underestimated either” Xena told him with an air of satisfaction.
“How are your legs these days?” he goaded.
“They’re just fine” she replied matter-of-factly, before kicking him in the face as a demonstration.
Wiping the blood from his split lip, Caesar asked, “That temper of yours will get you killed one day. What exactly do you think this will achieve Xena? I have but to shout a single word and this tent would be filled with armed men. Am I really so important to you that you’d commit suicide?” he grinned.
“Not planning on it” Xena smirked back.
“This cohort is made up of more than four hundred loyal roman soldiers. Each one prepared to give his life to protect me. I doubt that even the fearless Warrior Princess could fight them all off” he reasoned smugly.
Xena then smiled lavishly, “I have no intention of fighting a single one. There won’t be any need”
“You won’t have a choice I’m afraid” Caesar gloated.
“I think my friend here disagrees” Xena retorted.
Caesar looked around the empty tent, “What friend?”
A vision dressed in pink coalesced before them.
“Pretty sure she means me, hot stuff” Aphrodite chortled and then with an offhand flick of her wrist, left Caesar unable to move a muscle.
“Gabrielle told me that you needed my help, luckily for you it wasn’t one of my pampering nights. Nothing gets in the way of those; a girl has to look her best, especially when that girl is the goddess of love” she pointed out.
“You look just fine. I assume Gabrielle also told you where to take him?” Xena enquired.
“Oh she did. So let’s get moving. I mean, I do love a nice mud pack and all, but this muddy camp vibe really isn’t my style” Aphrodite replied sincerely.
The trio vanished in an instant.

In a moonlit clearing Gabrielle awaited the arrival of her friends. She’d managed to gather the materials Xena had asked for and prepared them as instructed.
Without warning, Xena, Aphrodite and Caesar appeared. Xena immediately tied Caesar’s wrists and ankles, “You can remove the immobilisation now” she told Aphrodite.
“Sure thing” and with a point and tap of her finger Caesar regained his movement.
Aphrodite hastily added, “You kids have fun, but a goddess has other things she must attend to. Catch you later!” and promptly disappeared.
“Why are you here Caesar?” Xena demanded menacingly.
“My plans are mine to know. So, now that you’ve got me here, what are you intending to do?” Caesar spat.
Ignoring his question, Gabrielle warned him helpfully, “I’d tell her what she wants to know if I were you”
“Firstly, you’re not me and secondly, who the hell are you?” he scoffed.
“Just someone trying to give you good advice” Gabrielle replied honestly.
“Save your good advice for someone who needs it” Caesar snapped back.
Xena moved in close, just inches from his face, “Let me tell you what I believe; you were on your way to join Callisto’s little band”
His eyes flickered momentarily, which confirmed her suspicions.
“You can believe what you like” he shrugged.
“She’ll have to make do without you, because you’re going nowhere” Xena announced.
They dragged him down to the riverbank. When Caesar saw the fate that awaited him he growled, “You’ll regret this Xena…”
“The only thing I regret is not killing you when I first had the chance” Xena replied coldly as she stuffed a gag securely into his mouth.
Between them, they bound him to the cross and then raised it. Finally, Xena looked up at him and declared, “Your time of tyranny is at an end Caesar. This was always your true destiny” and with that she broke his legs.

Tribute to Caesar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhebk9I62UU

Twilight has drawn to a close and Night has officially fallen, please cease and desist from gameplay conversation and head over to the bar until Day begins. You have 24 hrs to submit your Night actions, please be sure not to miss this deadline.

There are 0 clues in this story.

Living players: Still in the hands of The Fates

• Drogo
• Machiabelly
• Lisin
• Athena
• Jesse
• Hanged Man
• MarkHB
• caprice
• TJtrack99
• egavasc
• Lady Calypso
• stacey
• yeswedo
• Dougal

Dead players: Gone to The Underworld

• Oinky Boinky - Autolycus - The King of Thieves
You are Autolycus the self-proclaimed "King of Thieves".  A master thief, a skilled fighter and a great escape artist, capable of escaping 200 chain locks in less than a night. You are often described as having 'a heart of gold'. You are good friends with Xena and Gabrielle, often accompanying them in their travels and aiding them in their endeavours, although they don't always fully trust you because of your devious nature.

• BizBuzz - Argo – Loyal Warhorse and Trusted Steed
You are Argo,  Xena’s palamino horse, a trusted steed of many years. You are extremely well trained and intelligent, always responding to Xena's whistled commands and clearly understanding everything she asks of you. You can sense danger, use martial arts, and issue instructions to other horses. You rarely allow anyone else to mount and ride on your strong back; this includes Gabrielle 99% of the time.

• SVNBob - Ares - God of War
You are Ares god of war. You are a fickle god and can be easily swayed from bad to good and back again. You are disliked by most of the Olympian gods. Despite the malevolent front you display, you can be surprisingly sympathetic and caring at times when it suits you. You have a love-hate relationship with Xena; your unrequited love for her is the driving force between you both. Since her redemption Xena's love for you is platonic at best which makes you crazy at times.

• The Crazed Spruce - Alti  - A Powerful Shamaness
You are Alti, an ex-amazon turned powerful but vindictive, shamaness and enemy of Xena. You’re able to use visions of past and present lives to inflict pain on your victims. You often kill people using this technique; by making them experience their pre-determined deaths well before they should have happened.

• aquarian1 - Gaius Julius Caesar – Roman general and statesman, the Conqueror of Gaul
You are Julius Caesar, a General of Rome and the legendary conqueror of Gaul. Although once lovers, you’re now a mortal enemy of Xena. You are ruthless and manipulative; you always do whatever it takes to win no matter the cost. You believe wholeheartedly that nothing can prevent your destiny, which is to be the Emperor of Rome. Anything that you perceive as a threat faces complete annihilation, including Xena.

Et tu, Xena? (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

I'll have a Margarita and try to make myself forget it's still winter. Thanks, Lady C!

You couldn't resist that? Nah, the real piece de resistance would be to order a Bloody Caesar for everyone. ;)

Yay, Heroes!!

• Love 2

Mod Note:

The 24 hr deadline for submitting Night actions has now passed. Night will continue until the Day story is posted. Continue drinking, bottoms up!

Man, I need coffee. Lots of coffee. I've started at least 2 posts and never actually hit reply. Of course I thought I did, hence the coffee. Or you know, some drink that prevents me from losing my mind? Because clearly it's long gone. 

• Love 2