Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Two Haileys And A Baptism

• Start Topic

Matthew and Hailey 2.0 were heartless to sit there and let Original Recipe Hailey cry about her weight gain and feeling unattractive. The whole situation stank of TLC interference, but it doesn’t take much to scare a pregnant teenager into a genuine spiral of self-hate. None of these people is an Oscar winner; she was really distraught. And 2.0 was sitting there feeling pert and smug in her skinny jeans.

Matthew: “I know she’s pregnant, but she doesn’t need to get upset over the smallest little things.” Sure she does! That’s how it goes with pregnant people. Just hug her and say you still love her! It’s not rocket science.

Matthew’s friend was even more of a Cletus than he is. Bizarre to hear him as the voice of reason.

Edited by IvySpice
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

So why exactly do we not like Max's dad?  I can understand the dislike and hatred for Max, but why his dad?  Most parents will love their kids unconditionally and support them when they have no one else.  

His dad seems like a mild-mannered person who doesn't like confrontation and just wants everyone to be civil.  He has to listen to his son about not being able to see his daughter when he wants and be excluded from events involving his daughter.

And Max's dad doesn't even get to have a relationship with his granddaughter. I don't think we've seen or heard anything that warrants that, have we? 

If I were Max's dad I'd be pissed off too. 

I won't speak for everyone, but he's racking up shit points from me because - This is basically what he said, reg. Jessica last season, & I can't recall if he said it to her (maybe someone remembers), but she knew about the comment & did respond: 
Goon dad: "If you/she were a man..." & she said "what would he do, beat me up?"  And yes, the implication was he would get physical "if" she were a man. No doubt this was not an isolated remark from this guy; Max may have very well grown up hearing violent talk like that (& it is considered violent to speak that way), so he's very much learning from goon dad. I don't care how annoying Jessica is, there was no excuse for that, especially from a man toward a woman.

Personally I'd love to see any guy who says something like that get his ass kicked up & down the town by another guy in response.

This season even though he's basically told Max he fucked up, which I would've given him credit for, he's also complaining about the consequences with the family of the abused gf - so he's sending Max a mixed message, & given Max is already learning to be a goon he's picking up the wrong ones. Goon dad is enabling son's entitled shit attitude which doesn't take full responsibility for the situation HE has created, most likely because goon dad also has an entitled shit attitude that he's passing along.

The passive aggressive "Have a nice day" comment spoken purposefully & softly into the air which no one heard (most definitely not a sincere attempt at civility), then complaining on camera 'woe is us no one even acknowledged our sorry asses' = playing the victim, again being a bad role model for his already disturbed son.

And I'll give the family every right to walk away from the guy who's son smacked their family member & broke her phone to make sure she couldn't get help - I wouldn't want anything to do with either of them either.

And the clincher?  Goon dad is going to be damn sure he "lives long enough" to manipulate his granddaughter into knowing (his version) of what happened so he can plant seeds of hatred in her formative brain toward her mother's family.  This kind of manipulation toward a child is immature, vindictive, & emotionally/mentally abusive - he needs to leave the child out of his problems (again, that his son created) with the family.

His seemingly mild mannered nature doesn't cover up what he really is - it shows in things he's doing & saying. (Just a general comment- many a mild mannered man toward others is actually a monster behind closed doors).

If Jessica is victim blaming her daughter she's just as bad as the rest of them. She needs to get that kid therapy so Chloe can realize emotional health & strength & choose better people for her life. But Jessica isn't the healthiest or maturest person either, so from what I'm seeing things look kind of bleak for Chloe right now - & hence for Ava as well.

JMO, but being a blood relative doesn't give anyone rights to a child. If someone displays abusive behavior the parent(s) have a responsibility to protect the child first, not the unsafe person/people's feelings, even if it's another parent, grandparent, etc.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 10

I'm on the fence about Max's dad--don't remember him saying that if Chloe were a man she deserved to be beat up? If he did, shame on him. I did give him credit for saying that Chloe's family had a right to be pissed at him, though. Acknowledging the issue is at least a baby step? 

Max, on the other hand, still doesn't seem to "get it"--why Jessica would have issues with him.

Here's the thing, though--in spite of everything, Max is Ava's father and does have legal rights, until and unless the legal system decides otherwise. It is extremely hard to terminate parental rights (see Jenelle's TM2 thread). And if Chloe still wants to be involved with him and have him involved in Ava's life, it's going to be increasingly harder for Jessica to control the situation. Petty things like who gets to come to the church and where they sit are not under Jessica's control, imo--unless there is an active PFA against Max. In my church, the baptisms were during Sunday Mass and anyone could attend--even strangers who were not there for the actual baptism--only for Mass.

Edited by Adiba
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

So why exactly do we not like Max's dad?  I can understand the dislike and hatred for Max, but why his dad?  Most parents will love their kids unconditionally and support them when they have no one else.  

His dad seems like a mild-mannered person who doesn't like confrontation and just wants everyone to be civil.  He has to listen to his son about not being able to see his daughter when he wants and be excluded from events involving his daughter.

And Max's dad doesn't even get to have a relationship with his granddaughter. I don't think we've seen or heard anything that warrants that, have we? 

If I were Max's dad I'd be pissed off too. 

He’s been in trouble for forgery, theft, etc.  They’re all a train wreck, but if I’m Jessica, I’d be asking myself why Chloe is so attached to Max.  I’d bet somewhere in Chloe’s history, she’s seen her mother with a Max-like man or Jessica is more like Max than she’s willing to admit. 

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Adiba said:

don't remember him saying that if Chloe were a man she deserved to be beat up?

It was spoken by him in reg. to Jessica, not Chloe, & it was an insinuation (bad enough though).

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

So Rosa actually admits that she moved an hour away in part to make it more difficult for Rilah and Anthony to be together. We've seen nothing to suggest that he's a bad dude who will be a danger to the baby or break Rilah's heart. So how does it help Rilah or the baby to be a long drive away? They're going to end up spending MORE time at his mom's house with her sketchy boyfriend if he can't just drop by to see his daughter after school. The boyfriend was a danger BEFORE she got pregnant, genius! At this point he's another pair of hands to do 2 AM feedings. Your daughter needs an IUD and your granddaughter needs a dad.

Rosa was way creepy when she talked about Rilah being 16 and unable to go to the doctor without a parent. It didn't sound like: "I still have a responsibility to protect her from making more bad decisions." It sounded like: "She's my property, and I control her."

She said that Anthony made a first impression as a "punk" and a "thug" because he was lazy and he liked to play video games. What? Of course he should have a job now that there's a pregnancy, but being lazy and unemployed while you are still in high school makes you lazy and unemployed, not a punk or a thug.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Adiba said:

I'm on the fence about Max's dad--don't remember him saying that if Chloe were a man she deserved to be beat up? If he did, shame on him. I did give him credit for saying that Chloe's family had a right to be pissed at him, though. Acknowledging the issue is at least a baby step? 

I remember it as Max's dad saying something like they would have a boxing match to determine who wins at whatever it was but it was not said in a thuggish, nasty way. I thought he chose his words poorly and did not get any sort of vibe that he would be violent towards Chloe's family in any way.  

I don't think the dad is very bright. You'd have to be a moron to look forward to the day that you can tell your grandchild about how nasty her maternal grandmother was to you. Only a loser does shit like that.

• Love 3

I would not want my child being with Max long-term in any way shape or form. Jessica has made some very bad decisions parenting but loves her daughter and granddaughter. Chloe is one of the few of these Unexpected mothers to have a chance of a happy and secure adult life and that is mostly due to the support of her family. I would have a lot of sleepless nights if I had a child with a loser like Max.

• Love 10
22 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

I would not want my child being with Max long-term in any way shape or form. Jessica has made some very bad decisions parenting but loves her daughter and granddaughter. Chloe is one of the few of these Unexpected mothers to have a chance of a happy and secure adult life and that is mostly due to the support of her family. I would have a lot of sleepless nights if I had a child with a loser like Max.

I wouldn't want my daughter with someone like him either, but for them, that ship has sailed. They either need to deal with the relationship and let it run its natural course (which I'm assuming isn't long and loving) or if Max is an actual danger, get the courts involved. Being petty and constantly (and correctly in my book) point out what a loser he is won't do much good. 

On 8/21/2019 at 10:39 AM, IvySpice said:

Matthew’s friend was even more of a Cletus than he is. Bizarre to hear him as the voice of reason.

And dude looked like he was 30-something with that hair cut!

Also, HI! I've been watching this train wreck since the beginning, but wasn't following this board for some reason.

• Love 9
On 8/18/2019 at 11:04 PM, HappyDancex2 said:

I don't like Matthew or Hailey.   And Hailey's mom with her goofy laugh and Oh Well attitude is grating.   You move him into the house and know they are having sex and all you offer is Use Condoms and Go back to your rooms?   Good grief.

Just for general information. If a parent allows a minor child to have sex with someone in their home it is considered child neglect. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 8/19/2019 at 2:28 PM, ghoulina said:

No. Jessica literally told Chloe to tell Max and his dad that they can't TALK to anyone in her family. She is incredibly arrogant and petty. I hate her way more than Max. 

Yep just saw that.  I can’t stand her. How childish. 

• Love 5

I know we are on to the next episode, but in this one, I like the two Haileys talking to each other.  When Hailey2 said I have something to tell you but I don't want you to get mad.  Hailey1 said: please tell me.

For me, that was more honest communication (if unscripted) than most people do.

I am going to just come out with it:

I had Mr. Kdawg watch this show. He said every one of these people look like they were born next to a nuclear power plant. Shallow? Maybe. But true.

My note: I get it- it happens - but damn! They collectively have more cold sores than brain cells. Especially Max. And his eyebrowns look like two commas or semicolons. Speaking of Max, I haven't watched this show from season 1-3 completely- but I sort of feel bad for his father. The guy seems so defeated. His son is an asshole. Where is the mother? 

I have a friend sort of like Hailey #2. What a sh**. Hailey #1's mother is an enabler and no one should be shocked this pregnancy happened. I feel bad for the older siblings. I see why they probably very purposely stayed off the show. At first Matthew had me laughing at his stupidity but now I'm just sad for the new baby. 

Kyla's mother Melissa is 38??!!! My mind is blown. She looks 68! Can there be any more infants in that family / house? 

I am 37 and I dont have strength for another child. If my children ever became pregnant I would not be doing anywhere near what these grandparents-to-be Are doing.  Holy smokes! 

Edited by Kdawg82
It's Kyla(?) Not Kayla? And Misspelled Matthew.
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

My note: I get it- it happens - but damn! They collectively have more cold sores than brain cells. Especially Max. And his eyebrowns look like two commas or semicolons. Speaking of Max, I haven't watched this show from season 1-3 completely- but I sort of feel bad for his father. The guy seems so defeated. His son is an asshole. Where is the mother? 

I agree, his dad seems defeated and sad.  I feel for him, too.  I think they said that Max's mom died from a prescription drug overdose.

• Love 1

And why are these kids texting so much and demanding food and drink from their parents and grandparents??!! Are your legs broken? Not broken enough to stop you from spreading them so GET UP AND GET SH** YOURSELF! McKayla is possibly the worst. Something about her just irks me. She's a manipulative doll-eyed kid. Caelan is not much more mature but someone has to WORK to pay for things! Sorry, buttercup! Who pays for all these children's cell phone and tattoo bills?? Good Lordt! I always said, the amount it costs for cell phone Bills these days, that would be the first thing I cut off If my kids disrespected me or made dim witted decisions. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I agree, his dad seems defeated and sad.  I feel for him, too.  I think they said that Max's mom died from a prescription drug overdose.

Max's mother was a stripper who died of a drug overdose - he said "prescription" but who knows really.

I feel the dad is very passive aggressive. He's got issues, has helped create his son's issues, & is not taking as much responsibility or helping Max as much as it seems he is from the show (from what I've read elsewhere).  I believe the show is being more sympathetic to the father than he deserves in reality.

• Love 4