Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Reichenbach Falls

Odin inching closer to Sherlock- hoping that it would go unnoticed- was unintentionally comical....Assuming Morland does not fly on commercial airlines, if his private plane leaves for Italy after his death, that would be a clue for Gregson & Odin that Sherlock is still alive....

• Love 2
6 hours ago, kay1864 said:

Anyone else notice that Moreland’s last scene in the recap was different than his last scene in the previous episode? In the recap you saw the guy approaching with the gun, in the same frame as Moreland. In the previous, you just saw his resigned expression, with him alone in the frame. 

Seems like usually the recap has the same shots from the previous episode. 

ou could see the gunman and the gun in the background behind Moreland.  It was the same shot.

I'm really not sure what I think about the episode. Gregson, Marcus, Joan and Sherlock all knocked it out of the park acting wise. I knew Sherlock was still alive. I know Joan does too. But I did wonder for a moment if Gregson and Marcus knew too. But mostly remembered in the second episode of the series Marcus and Joan helped Sherlock put on a little show when trying to trick Yvette, the coma patient twin into thinking there was another bastard for her to kill off. I'm probably wrong though. I'm still not sure if Morland is dead either we never did see the body and convenient blow up of the car did make me wonder. I agree with the others that it could be all my years of watching soaps, sci-fi and mysteries that makes me always suspicious when you don't see a body and there's a convenient explosion. 

• Love 2
On 8/12/2019 at 6:47 AM, andromeda331 said:

I'm still not sure if Morland is dead either we never did see the body and convenient blow up of the car did make me wonder.

There are too many loose ends. The consulate staff would not dare betray Odin. Morland would never stage a crime scene that could kill Sherlock & Joan.

ETA: Those guys in the consulate were probably the mercenary team - so a fake death is a long shot.

Edited by paigow
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Ailianna said:

ou could see the gunman and the gun in the background behind Moreland.  It was the same shot.

Sorry, no.  I just re-watched both scenes on the DVR. Gunman was only visible next to Morland in the recap, in a wide shot.  Original shot was closer.

Edited by kay1864
  • Useful 1

Anyone think it odd that Morland didn’t have his bodyguards with him when he went for tea with the Asian woman? Even at Sherlock’s home, he had three of them.

(apologies if this was discussed with the previous episode.  I haven’t read that thread yet)

38 minutes ago, kay1864 said:

Anyone think it odd that Morland didn’t have his bodyguards with him when he went for tea with the Asian woman? Even at Sherlock’s home, he had three of them.

I thought he did have them, and once he was inside, he waved them away. He didn't expect the threat to come from inside the house. (Has he never seen a horror movie? That's always where the danger comes from!)

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

(Has he never seen a horror movie? That's always where the danger comes from!)

Reminds me of a routine years ago from a black comedian (Eddie Murphy? Not sure). 

“You know how white people always stay in the scary house? Black people would be like “Hm, this looks like a nice place.”

GET. OUT.

“Too bad we can’t stay!”

• Love 3
8 hours ago, kay1864 said:

Reminds me of a routine years ago from a black comedian (Eddie Murphy? Not sure). 

“You know how white people always stay in the scary house? Black people would be like “Hm, this looks like a nice place.”

GET. OUT.

“Too bad we can’t stay!”

Haha! I remember that. yes, it was Eddie Murphy. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, steph369 said:
16 hours ago, kay1864 said:

GET. OUT.

“Too bad we can’t stay!”

Haha! I remember that. yes, it was Eddie Murphy. 

Which makes the name of Jordan Peele's movie so on point and funny. A nod to a comedy master and a bit he did. I never connected it before.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

A few comments on other posts which I'm too lazy to go back and quote. If you wrestle a gun from someone and they still come towards you, you are acting in self-defense if you shoot them. You might successfully argue self-defense even if they don't come at you. They held a gun on you and you remained in fear for your life. Up to a jury to determine if your fear was reasonable. 

Clyde definitely played a role in the plan to fake Sherlock's death. Not sure if he was on site orchestrating things or back at the brownstone laying the groundwork for Joan to tell Bell and Gregson. 

True that no body often means no actual death. Or, as FarScape demonstrated, there is a difference between dead and head-on-a-stick dead. 

Also crossing my fingers for a Moriarty appearance in the finale. 

• Love 4

I'm still not sure if Morland is dead either we never did see the body and convenient blow up of the car did make me wonder. I agree with the others that it could be all my years of watching soaps, sci-fi and mysteries that makes me always suspicious when you don't see a body and there's a convenient explosion. 

I would agree if no one saw the body but the CSI team was all over the car until Sherlock called them back because he knew the car was about to blow up.  I believe the CSI guys would have taken all sorts of pictures when they first got on scene.  Unless Morland's face had been blown off by the bullets, it should be pretty obvious in the photos whether or not that was Morland.  Sadly, I think he's dead and the only reason we didn't see the body was because they didn't want to pay the actor.  I think the fact that Sherlock has not expressed any uncertainty conveys that he has seen enough evidence to believe Morland was killed. 

• Love 3

I think you are correct; your arguments are very logical, especially that Sherlock seems to have accepted Morland's death.

This doesn't stop me from hoping he's still alive, not so much for his own sake, but for Sherlock's sake.

And mine, apparently🙄

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:02 PM, Driad said:

Two opposite poles of magnets (north and south) attract, not repel.

Paula Abdul is not going to win a Nobel Prize for Physics anytime soon, but even she knows that...

image.png.1df371117d5fb91a426423b43de85270.pngOpposites Attract!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 8/12/2019 at 1:46 AM, paigow said:

Odin inching closer to Sherlock- hoping that it would go unnoticed- was unintentionally comical....Assuming Morland does not fly on commercial airlines, if his private plane leaves for Italy after his death, that would be a clue for Gregson & Odin that Sherlock is still alive....

Wasn't Moreland still owner of a mega corp? Or if not a mega corp, several not-so-mega corporations? It'd be really common for him not to have a personal private plane but rather for the company to have a private plane, which is potentially used not only by Moreland personally but any number of execs who work for him. So even if we assume Sherlock initially left on Moreland's plane, that plane being in use in general is not necessarily a flag.

• Love 2

That confrontation between Sherlock and Odin on the bridge at the end was an amazing dramatic scene.   

After watching I thought oh, I bet the bullets were blanks...glad that was later confirmed, that Sherlock was outsmarting Odin without going down to his level.

Edited by roseha
rewrite.
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, roseha said:

That confrontation between Sherlock and Odin on the bridge at the end was an amazing dramatic scene.   

After watching I thought oh, I bet the bullets were blanks...glad that was later confirmed

Blanks? Confirmed?

2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Blanks? Confirmed?

Sorry, I just realized (I think) that the answer is in the next episode.

Spoiler

There was a quick, almost throw away line, saying that Joan had picked up the shell casings so they wouldn't be identified as blanks. Though my question was, did she throw down additional casings that weren't blanks?

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

Sorry, I just realized (I think) that the answer is in the next episode.

Reveal spoiler

There was a quick, almost throw away line, saying that Joan had picked up the shell casings so they wouldn't be identified as blanks. Though my question was, did she throw down additional casings that weren't blanks?

Sorry if I should have made that a spoiler, I watched the last two episodes back to bak and wasn’t sure what comments to put where but

Spoiler

I did take it that Sherlock and Joan had intended for the gun to be loaded only with blanks after his mention of her retrieving them in the next show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm super late to the party because I'm just watching the final episode tonight, but I just wanted to note here before I watch the final ep one possibility that I don't think has been mentioned yet (apologies if I overlooked it) re whether Joan knew what Sherlock's plan was.

On the one had, I hope she did.  Sherlock faked his death once before and I hope that he would not do that to her a second time.  

And actually, I think that she did.  I think that they together plotted a murder - Sherlock's, of course, not Odin's.

But it is possible that Sherlock told her that Odin texted him with an invitation to meet, and so this might be the only opportunity for them to stop Odin. He would then tell Joan his plot to confront Odin on the bridge, she would argue against it, and then he would leave and she went to the police station for help and everything else played out as we saw.  

Sherlock from a few years ago would have totally done this, if he saw it as the only way to protect the people that he cares about.  But then Sherlock of a couple years ago probably would have killed Odin.  Sherlock has grown.  He did not murder Odin, but brought him to justice (hopefully).  Likewise, I don't think he faked his death without telling Joan.

• Love 1