Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Chicken Pussy

• Start Topic

I audibly gasped when they got Arlene. I didn’t even like her, but still...damn!

Side note:  The Professor is hot! 

Also hot:  Joe. I’m glad he and Polly are back together, even though I know it won’t last the season. 

Poor Not-So-Quiet Ann. If she was so broken up over dosing Arlene, she’s going to absolutely lose it from pushing the domino that leads to Arlene’s murder. I worry for her pregnancy. 

• Love 4

I wasn't expecting Arlene to go like that.  This show's body count is going to rival "Sopranos" pretty soon.

I also wasn't expecting Bryce's book to be a big hit with the White Supremacist crowd.  I did htink there had to be something up when he got his book deal.  But I figured it was one of those scam-type fake publishing deals...like Bryce would be on the hook for the cost of the "printing" or the distribution.

Can M & M die ASAP?  It can be quick & off screen.  As much as I loathe these characters, I don't need to see their deaths drawn out, or in an extremely painful. manner...that just means more screen time for them.  I swear, the campy, OTT villains on the old Adam West 1960's "Batman" series  had more credibility and gravitas then M & M.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I did enjoy that twist with Bryce's book. That was definitely way too good to be true.

I knew something was going to make Ann and Arlene's happiness fall apart, this is just not the kind of show that lets folks be happy for multiple episodes in a row. But I definitely didn't see that coming!

That gubernatorial debate was ridiculous.

• Love 7

Desna just keeps getting in deeper and deeper.  Now there's a new villain, some Asian guy.  

I predict Mac will kill Melba because he really does want Dean to live, and she doesn't.  I just wonder what Mac's true feelings for Dean are.  Does he really think of him as a son?

• Love 3
(edited)

Iyanla has put on some weight. I almost didn't recognize her.

OMG, I loved Desna's gigantic safety pin earrings. The colorful jumpsuit, not so much.

What's a chicken pussy? Chickens have a cloaca, don't they? Heh, that word is probably way above Melba's IQ level.

So the whole point was to get Dean to win a mahjong tournament so they could steal the prize money? Mac and Melba put the "long" in long con.

I did like Desna's black and white jumpsuit though.

Tobrenda? Dean Clay, no. You knew that wasn't going to fly. Toby's either going to kill her or you.

Ugh, that Tomato Oasis place looked disgusting to me.

Bigotry must pay well. 😒

So Ken has broken bad, thanks to Toby. That's probably not gonna go well for him because those junkies won't be able to keep their lies straight.

Poor Quiet Ann and her baby.

Side note:  The Professor is hot! 

Right? Oy, I feel like maybe I shouldn't be admiring a cold-blooded killer though. 😐

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
oops, character name not actor name
  • Love 6

Which one was Iyanla?  I saw her name in the opening credits but I missed seeing her somehow.

I did like Desna's black and white jumpsuit.  She can go from looking ridiculous to looking quite nice. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oy, I feel like maybe I shouldn't be admiring a cold-blooded killer though. 

WWPD: What Would Polly Do. 😆

1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Which one was Iyanla?  I saw her name in the opening credits but I missed seeing her somehow.

I may be misremembering her role in this ep, but I believe she was the talk show host in the beginning skit. (I watched a recording of this very late so shit’s a bit hazy, LOL.)

Olive Garden...Tomato Oasis...heh.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, link417 said:

I may be misremembering her role in this ep, but I believe she was the talk show host in the beginning skit. (I watched a recording of this very late so shit’s a bit hazy, LOL.)

Ok, thanks.  I wasn't paying attention to the opening skit.

9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Chickens have a cloaca, don't they?

That randomly reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from the late, lamented Wonderfalls: " I wanna see an engorged cloaca!" Hee.

9 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I just wonder what Mac's true feelings for Dean are.  Does he really think of him as a son?

I think Mac has genuine fondness for Dean, but it's still a very twisted relationship.

• Love 2

Well I did not see Arlene's death coming. Shocked the hell out of me. Things have gotten serious but in an unfunny way, it reminded me of Juanda's death. I get why Dean wants to blame Desna for everything but honestly, shut up Ann. For someone who is usually so savvy the fact that she would tell her brother this huge secret makes no sense.

Bryce's book being adopted by a bunch of racists was funny. The idea of a Jenn's baby daddy triangle with her and Virginia is not.

• Love 8
On 7/22/2019 at 9:12 AM, Ohwell said:

I hope Joe kills Polly. 

I know she's a complicated character, but I used to like her. Ugh, she SAW what he did to those women. 

• Love 1
On 7/22/2019 at 1:14 AM, For Cereals said:

I don’t recall Roller being shirtless this episode.  

Who is the monster who introduced Roller to shirts that properly button up?! Poppy, is this your doing!?

Holy shit, Arlene! I have never much cared for her, but that was shocking as fuck! Poor Less Quiet Than She Should Have Been Ann. Then I have to deal with the fact that Professor Triad is super hot, so thats going to be a whole thing now. How do they keep running into every single mafia on the freaking planet?! 

Maybe the "I set a fire so you wouldn't get adopted" story wasn't the one to go with to make Dean go with you, Desna. It seems like Mack might actually be getting attached to Dean, which would at least give M&M some more depth to them, at least with him. The two of them are so ridiculous, they even look ridiculous on THIS show!

I suspected when the guy started talking about his family "having rich roots" and that they would be taking Bryce on a book tour of the deep south what the punchline to this was going to be, but it was still hilarious to see it build up and get paid off, especially as Virginia and Jenns ex showing up, especially Jenn and Bryce's growing horror when they realized how badly that book had been misunderstood. 

• Love 10

I was so shook at that ending! I thought this season had a slow build up so far and I guess they needed to pick things up soon, but I was not prepared for it at all.

I liked Ann's brother last season but I got so stressed out at that debate and the ensuing chaos.

Jenn deserves an award for being the comic relief plot queen. I never thought I would laugh at a white supremacist meeting in an Italian chain restaurant, but somehow that was the funny part of the episode, although I still was worried for Virginia and Jenn's ex's safety.

Mac and Melba frustrate me too much.

On 7/21/2019 at 7:11 PM, For Cereals said:

I’m not feeling the weird intros and musical numbers...

Season 3 just dropped on Hulu and I know the show is escapist fun but I couldn't remember if the writing was always this bad.  The show went from campy to corny.  

I realize that I've been recently watching a different type of show but I've always thought this show was a fun and colorful palate cleanser.  

Those musical numbers are awful.  I don't like the lip syncing at all.  I don't like random musical numbers in any show and normally FF past them.