Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation and Spoilers for the Gallaghers and Friends

• Start Topic

I heard Bill Macy  on a local show say  they start production  in Jul, so that usually means the new season will be set in  summer-- and maybe go into early fall.

Last season they started fikming in late Sept and the season took place in winter.

It's funny, both times Shameless was set in winter and they came  to Chicago for location shoots, the cast in S1 exprerienced Snowmageddon...a winter blizzard -  and last yr  very brutal cold temps and snow.

• Love 1

Season 4 ended when it was still winter. So I guess that means a time jump of a few months, which is typical. Not ideal this time, though, especially since they left Ian in such a bad state. Are they just going to gloss over his diagnosis, recovery and the work of getting him stabilized?

I have to wonder if they'll have Ian hospitalized at some point, no matter how Mickey feels about keeping him home and taking care of him. I'm looking forward to more screen time from Svetlana, even though she started out as a minor character, in this season , she was awesome in every scene. It'd be interesting to see how Mickey and Ian and also Svetlana and her girlfried approach parenting the baby...I can't remember his name. 

I'm hoping we don't see a reduction of Noel Fisher considering word

around Tumblr Ian is getting a new love interest, someone he met in ROTC.

Season 4 really warmed me to the character of Mickey and however things work out with Ian, I'm still very much interested in seeing more of him AND Mandy.

Not that's likely their relationship would ever be simple, the timing works well because Noel has to do publicity for TMNT right now.  They're filming Episode 5 right now, which is about the time everything goes wrong.

Mandy really needs advancement this year--they kept showing Kenyata's abusiveness, but it never went anywhere last season except to further Ian, Mickey, and Lip's stories.  They really need to do something with it this season.

If Mandy was played by a decent actress I'd be all for it but as it is she's awful and I find myself fasting forward through most of her scenes. I'd rather see additional screentime go to Kev/V or even the younger Gallaghers.

Do you have any scoop on Shameless, especially on Ian and Mickey? –Jennifer
As Season 5 gets underway, it appears Ian is once again having a manic episode and may be cheating on Mickey, who’s understandably not very happy about his boyfriend’s ups and downs. What’s more, while Ian’s still dancing at the gay nightclub, he may be exploring an even more scantily clad profession.

http://tvline.com/2014/08/07/once-upon-a-time-season-4-belle-backstory/

I would say the "more scantily clad profession" Ian will explore is being a prostitute but correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Ian already turning tricks at times last season? It didn't seem like something he did all the time but I definitely got the impression that he wasn't opposed to a blowjob here and/or hookup there for extra money, especially before Mickey came and found him at the club and told him he had to go home.

Personally I'm really not looking forward to a season of Ian's manic depression equaling in the writers' eyes to his whoring all over the place. I feel like that's all Ian's storylines have been since the show started, hooking up with gross, older inappropriate men and his feelings/relationship with Mickey. It would be nice if he was given one thing that wasn't all about sex and being overly sexualized but I'm starting to get to a place with the show where I feel like everything is somehow related to sex in someway and I don't know, I'm just kind of over it.

Edited by truthaboutluv

I would say the "more scantily clad profession" Ian will explore is being a prostitute

I have a feeling it's worded to make us think prostitution, but it'll probably be something like nude modeling/nude photos.  There was already that one episode when Mickey and Ian were at that guy's loft party and he took artistic nude shots of hot guys.

I really hope Ian doesn't become a prostitute because that would just be way too depressing.  It already makes me really sad that he went from dreaming of West Point to dropping out of school and stripping.

(edited)

Just read the cast will be in Chicago next week for exterior shooting, then be back late fall or early winter, so it sounds like this season will be summer into fall again,

Edited by sheetmoss

Detailed synopisis of the first few episodes.

Episode 5.01 - Milk of the Gods

It’s summertime again in Chicago. Fiona balances her job at Patsy’s Pies and a crush on her older boss, Sean, as Lip says goodbye to college and Amanda. He heads back home where he struggles to fit in with his old Southside friends. But he’s not the only thing in the neighborhood that’s changing though, realtors are buying up property and a new, trendy yoga studio has popped up.

Frank, still recovering from his liver transplant, is living at Sheila’s and working on a secret project in her basement while Sheila works upstairs to get rid of a problematic Sammi and Chuckie. At the Milkovich house, Ian helps a pregnant Svetlana take care of baby Yevgeny while Mickey and his brothers run a moving truck scam. Veronica, frustrated by her newborn babies and Kevin’s exclusive obsession with them, goes to work at The Alibi while Kev enjoys his new role of stay at home dad.

Meanwhile, Debbie, ostracized by Holly and Ellie, helps Frank gather supplies for his project while Carl, stuck with a broken ankle, steals a wheelchair. Back at Patsy’s, Fiona enjoys flirting with Davis, the lead singer of the band Jezebel, and a regular at Patsy’s. She also waits on Angela, a mystery woman we last saw with Jimmy…

In addition, Lip takes a job working for Tommy’s demolition crew. Ian, hypersexual as a result of his condition, has a few anonymous sexual encounters. And Frank unveils his mystery project, a home brewery in which he makes “Frank’s Milk of the Gods,” the self-proclaimed strongest beer known to man.

Episode 5.02 - I’m The Liver

Fiona is officially off house arrest while Lip starts his first day of work for Tommy. But manual labor turns out to be harder than Lip thought and the brutal hazing from his co-workers doesn’t help.

Sheila considers an offer from two lesbians who want to buy her home. Frank tries to talk her out of it and begins warning everyone of the neighborhood’s impending gentrification. Also, the father of boy whose liver Frank received invites Frank to a special father’s day dinner with all the other organ recipients, which Sammi ends up crashing, further enraging Sheila.

Meanwhile, a manic Ian plans his revenge with Mickey and Mandy against a homophobic military funeral protest. Fiona confronts Sean about her feelings for him. Kev bonds with Svetlana. And Debbie continues to struggle with her friends and boys.

Episode 5.03 - The Two Lisas

The gentrification of the Back of the Yards continues with the closing of the Alibi’s illegal rub & tug. Frank enlists Carl to scare off the lesbians who are buying up more property in the neighborhood while pleading with Sheila not to cave and sell her home. But Sheila has big plans for her future, with or without Frank.

Ian goes on a crazed cleaning spree of the Milkovich house and also wants Lip to help convince Mandy not to move to Indiana with her abusive boyfriend, Kenyatta. But Lip remains emotionally unavailable and pushes Mandy away, possibly for good.

Meanwhile, Debbie throws a wild party at the Gallagher house and Carl discovers a hidden talent. In exchange for new brewery equipment, Frank sets the owner of a junkyard up with Sammi under the pretense the she’ll sleep with him. And Fiona agrees to go to a concert with Davis, but when his girlfriend shows up Fiona makes a play for Davis’s bass player, Gus.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/12/shameless-episode-501-503-detailed.html

Really not looking forward to any more Lip/Mandy drama ever.

• Love 1

Huh, Svetlana is pregnant again? Is it Mickey's? I thought he and Ian were a thing now and the Svetlana marriage was just for show. I also wonder why Lip drops out of college, considering it was probably his best shot at making it as anything other than a typical Gallagher. He had a real future and he's throwing it away. That sucks. I am also sick of the Mandy/Kenyatta thing. Either get her back with Lip or get her off the show. Her character has become pointless since she's not Lip's girlfriend anymore.

I am also tired of the Sammie and Chuckie storyline. They gotta go too. Hopefully sooner than later. They wore their welcome out last season.

I don't think Lip has dropped out of college. It's summer time so I think he's just home for break. I reckon he'll go back once summer ends.

Just get Mandy off the show. The actress sucks and the relationship with Lip was just painful to watch in season three. It'd be such a step back for Lip to go back to her.

• Love 2

I don't think Lip has dropped out of college. It's summer time so I think he's just home for break. I reckon he'll go back once summer ends.

That would make sense, though with this show it could go either way. I mean we already saw him drop out of high school because he thought Karen's baby was his. So who knows? I will be happy to see Amanda gone for awhile though, she as a character annoys me. I thought Lip's relationship with Mandy felt much more organic. Amanda was pretty open with the fact that she was "slumming it" with Lip to piss off her parents. I'm sure whenever she's done using him she'll move on to some rich frat guy that her parents would actually approve of. At least Mandy seemed like she'd stick with Lip for the long haul....but then that whole Kenyatta thing just made her seem creepy.

I think Mandy would definetly stay with Lip no matter what. I just don't think he'd ever be happy or fulfilled with her and they'd both end up miserable. I think Lip needs someone that challenges him just not to the insane and unhealthy way that Karen did.

Fiona needs to give her vagina a rest. That's how she ended up in her current situation, instead of still working for a company that had room for her to advance, paid decently, and had benefits. I am strangely unsympathetic to the family that owns the company, though.

Lip is clearly finding girls who are a lot like his mother - completely unhinged. 

Sammi and Chuckie really need to go. Sammi has the same entitlement complex as Frank and Chuckie is just a lump that does nothing.

• Love 1

Fiona needs to give her vagina a rest. That's how she ended up in her current situation, instead of still working for a company that had room for her to advance, paid decently, and had benefits. I am strangely unsympathetic to the family that owns the company, though.

I agree. Besides, everyone knows that office romances always end badly. You don't shit where you eat. She's not even totally over Jimmy and she's getting involved with her new boss? Her entire story this season could have been avoided had she not went anywhere near Mike with her vagina.

1. In these first four episodes, while we'll glimpse Jimmy/Steve in a "previously on Shameless segment," that's all we'll see of him thus far.

2. One character tells another character they love them during sex. (But they don't get an "I love you" response back.)

3. V and Kevin are struggling with their new lives as parents, but not in the ways you might expect. And one of them gets an insane hair cut that you won't believe, while the other might do something some would consider cheating.

4. Two Gallaghers struggle to remain faithful to their significant others. And a different Gallagher will ponder marriage.

5. And one Gallagher family member loses their virginity in a plotline that I have a feeling will cause a little controversy.

1. So Steve doesn't appear for the first half of the season...

2. Is exactly what happened to Lip with Karen in season one. I'm willing to bet Amanda tells him she loves him.

3. I really never wanted to or thought we would see V and Kevin cheat but I've a feeling that this will be the season.

4. Ian and Lip will be the ones cheating as Ian already is and Lip looks to hook up with Mandy again in the promos.

5.Debbie or Carl.. and it will be weird.

1. So Steve doesn't appear for the first half of the season...

2. Is exactly what happened to Lip with Karen in season one. I'm willing to bet Amanda tells him she loves him.

3. I really never wanted to or thought we would see V and Kevin cheat but I've a feeling that this will be the season.

4. Ian and Lip will be the ones cheating as Ian already is and Lip looks to hook up with Mandy again in the promos.

5.Debbie or Carl.. and it will be weird.

2. I'm thinking Mandy says she loves Lip. I've read somewhere that it happens in episode 3 and according to the synopsis for that episode "Lip remains emotionally unavailable and pushes Mandy away, possibly for good". Plus, he's in Miami with Amanda and her family in episode 4. I assume things won't go well between them either (I kind of like them) because he's supposed to start a relationship with a professor when the new semestar starts.

3. I think V will be the cheater. In one of the interviews the actress said viewers migh not like some of the character's choices this season.

5. It has to be Debbie. Having seen some promo photos, my guess is she sleeps with her last season's boyfriend while he's drunks and not able to consent.

I wonder who will get married.

I also read something about Frank falling in love, but haven't got a cue with whom.

Edited by Missmary

(I kind of like them)

I like them too at least more then I liked him with Mandy. I still think the show could probably get a better love interest for him though if they tried. I loved his relationship with Karen before she went full socio. It's the push and pull that drives him in his relationships. He needs a girl that's intelligent but also doesn't tolerate his bullshit.

I think its fairly obvious who the haircut recipient is, but just in case

RIP Kev's long sexy locks, giving me Roman Reigns de la Ghetto feels. http://i1.wp.com/shamelesstv.co/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Shameless_503_4090.R.jpg Now I just get middle aged dad beat up by life, aka Van from Reba in 10 years. That must mean the cheater is V. I had a feeling it would be her as Shanola has been papped out and about with her hair very much intact, Steve not so much. And long, thick dreads like hers are IMPOSSIBLE to hide beneath wigs. Still, in my heart of hearts I wanted the cheater to be Kev with Carol. I mean from season 3 she obviously enjoyed doing Kev, and the fact that she appears to love being a mom rather than hating it like her daughter is probably a turn on for Kev. Seeing his son getting the love he didnt as a kid, i can see that making his heart go pitter patter.

I am still also curious if we'll ever get any updates from Karen/Jody in Arizona. She is still Sheila's daughter.. I'd be curious to know if Mandy's hit and run left her with any seriously permanent damage, and how well all that hippie natural healing shit Jody was talking about worked.

I think they left it that she was permanently brain damaged no?

Spoiler from tvline.

Question: It’s been forever since you’ve said anything about Shameless. —Christina

Ausiello: Things are not completely over between Lip and ex Mandy. “We definitely have a little bit left over this season where it’s kind of one last-ditch effort – are they are going to make it?” executive producer Nancy Pimental previews. But with Lip broadening his horizons, the female Milkovich “really just represents his old way and his old life, and that’s just not who he is anymore.”

http://tvline.com/2015/01/13/castle-the-wrong-stuff-season-7-mars-space-spoilers/

I think they left it that she was permanently brain damaged no?

I know, but Jody had that wild idea about some natural healing place in AZ that could help reverse some of it....you'd think Sheila would get updates at least sporadically. Brain damaged or not, Karen's still her daughter. But that storyline is probably dead, since I don't think the actress who played Karen is coming back at all.

No I don't think so. I'm still bitter about that. Season one Karen had potential and I liked her strange friendship/relationship with Lip. I Always felt like that was all thrown to the wall for the fail that was Lip/Mandy.

Once she hooked up with Frank I was SO done with Karen.   I actually loathed her from that point going forward and thought less of Lip, seeing as how he let her (for lack of a better word) run him into the ground.

I really wanted Lip/Mandy mainly for her sake, but if that's off the table I hope we see Mandy strive towards her own happy ending in some way.   I'm still curious/interested in how things will work out for Mandy, Lip or No Lip.   I actually think I like her better than him. lol.

Blaire: Anything for the next episode of Shameless?

Episode 5.02 takes place on Father's Day with Sammi, who is desperate to get her father's attention, pushing Sheila to her limit with her crazy stunts. Fiona's boss defends her when a customer lashes out, Svetlana and Kevin bond over their children while visiting the park and Lip gets a Summer job which may be more than he can handle.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/01/raina-reveals-exclusive-spoilers-and_15.html

Oh, joy, more Sammi antics. And more wasting Sheila on this pointless conflict.

There are also a lot of spoilers/rumors going around (I think based on a Nancy Pimental interview?) that Debbie is going to drug Matty and then have sex with him while he's incapacitated. Which is so awful for so many reasons that I might have to take a break from the show if it's true. Ugh, this fucking show sometimes.

I'm speculating that Mandy will be pregnant by Lip, have the baby, get killed by Kenyatta, and the baby will make it's way back to Lip or maybe Mickey and Ian.

I hope not, I do believe that there is a point where a show becomes overly saturated with babies. With the Ball 3, Yvegeny, and Liam (I still consider him a baby), Shameless is toeing that line.

I will say that I am confused about how things with Kenyatta even got this far. So Terry, after being released from prison, didn't see fit to kill this guy? Not even on some actual paternal love and care, but because of some sick, Clayton Bigsby-esque "if anyones gonna eff my daughter, its gonna be me!" type stuff? I just cant see him letting Mandy get her ass kicked and just standing idly by, idk.

• Love 1

In the UK series, Mandy and Lip have a baby and she gets blown up in a house explosion later.  The baby went away to school with Lip, and we see her years later at the time of her first communion.  I really want this particular Mandy not to come back.  I would like the original one to return instead.  I think Suburgatory has ended, hasn't it?

It has. I would really like Jane Levy to come back too.

• Love 1

Well it sounds like Mickey and Ian are breaking up, and I bet you it's Ian that does the dumping. Mickey would never abandon Ian like that. The whole finale sounds very sad. I hope that Gus dumps Fiona's ass, even though I'm not too fond of the boss guy either. He is just way too good for her, and deserves a wife who will love him and not just jump someone's bones when he's away or when her dirtbag ex comes back in town. http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/03/shameless-season-5-finale-advance.html

• Love 1

Awww.  I'm really going to miss Mickey.  He became my one of my favorite characters and I never even saw it coming.  I don't see how he can stay on the show if they break up.   The other Gallaghers put up with him for Ian, the only one I could see MAYBE keeping in touch is Debbie but that's about it.

I like the sound of Fiona and Vee catching up.  It's been a hard and crazy year for both of them (though for the most part I was more sympathetic to Vee) it'll probably do them both a lot of good to catch up and just talk to a friend who has their best interest at heart.

Ian and Lip touching base will be good for the exact same reason.

The best Shameless finales are always funny and heartbreaking in some ways, I think the past 4 finales have managed that and I'm hoping Season 5 will as well.

Awww.  I'm really going to miss Mickey.  He became my one of my favorite characters and I never even saw it coming.  I don't see how he can stay on the show if they break up.   The other Gallaghers put up with him for Ian, the only one I could see MAYBE keeping in touch is Debbie but that's about it.

If they do break up I can't imagine the show getting rid of Noel Fisher unless he himself wants to leave.  Everyone loves him!  And Mickey and Ian were broken up for the first half of season 4 (Cameron Monaghan wasn't even on the show, he was filming a movie somehere) and they still found stuff for Mickey to do.  I think Mickey is kind of like Kev, Vee, (and formerly Sheila)--he's a firm part of the show no matter who he's dating. 

Do you have anything on the Shameless finale? — Michael
As the season finale nears, guns are the hot topic as two characters find themselves looking down the receiving end of a pistol. Is it Ian, who’s followed Monica to, err, not quite greener pastures? Lip, whose ignoring of Amanda may cause her to reach a breaking point? Or is it Frank, contending with an increasingly erratic Bianca? (Hint: one and a half of these choices are correct!)

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/03/spoiler-room-game-thrones-once-good-wife-spoilers

(edited)

Whatever happens, I think that Ian and Mickey will be back together soon enough. They really need more screen time next season.

I usually don't think that writers should listen to the fans, but in this case, I hope that the Shameless writers go back and re-watch the first three seasons so they can remember that it the cohesiveness of the Gallagher siblings that makes the show works. 

ETA: I just read that the producer said that Noel might not be back since he is doing another movie. Sucks. I will miss Mickey if he does not return.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

http://tvline.com/2015/07/21/scandal-season-5-british-royalty-prince-princess-spoilers/#more-627557

Well it looks like Sammi's role in the show is going to grow.  I know what they were going for with her but I think they really missed the mark.   They want someone who can operate as an antagonist for the Gallaghers  but still interact with them in occasionally non-combative scenario's.   I thought Mickey filled that role perfectly and I don't think Sammi has what it takes as a character.   Sigh.   Time will tell.

I always liked Emily Bergl before, as an actress. But her as Sammi grates my nerves immediately. I guess that is the point (I think?) but I seriously hate the Sammi character. Bring back Mickey and Mandy! Hell, even Stimmy-Jack. These new people they keep introducing suck ass. I miss the days of Frank and Sheila and their daily dose of dildos. 

He was part of the cast reading photos too! Who knows. But at least he'll get a better send off (presumably) if he is leaving for the career-defining glamour that is playing a turtle on the TMNT reboot. But hopefully he's just guesting and will be back next season, as he's a lot of fun to watch on the show.

Well I assume it's because

According to CM, Mickey goes to prison for attempted Murder. I'm assuming because of what happened with Sammy last season. He did drug her.

Here is the link. (Be careful there are spoilers for quite a few shows in the column)

http://tvline.com/2015/08/13/doctor-light-the-flash-female-season-2-spoilers-cast/#more-634018

Sigh.  I never thought it would be something out of Disney but In the UK version, the Mickey character was one of the few to get a surprising Happy Ending.   Though I guess optimistic ending would be a more apt description.