Type keyword(s) to search

The Witcher In The Media

• Start Topic

The trailer looks good. I like how Cavill looks and I love they're going to focus on Yen's backstory . I only regret they didn't show Jaskier. It's great they are going to tell the story of the main trio, but Jaskier is such an important part of Geralt's life I thought by know we would see something of him.

• Love 1

AngelKitty  the show will be based on the books that came waaay before the games. It won't be connected to the games, so it doesn't matter if you didn't play. Also the show will stand on it's own feet, so you can totally go blind into it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, xaxat said:

The Tub!

Yes! I smiled when I saw this.

Overall I liked this trailer, I think Cavill embodies Geralt really well, and on a shallow note both he and Yen look gorgeous! Also it was cute when he spoke to Roach.

The only, tiny complaint I have is the lack of Jaskier.

• Love 1

If you don't want to get spoiled for the next seasons of the show I would't recomend playing Witcher games now. They are basically CD Projekt Red Fanfiction to the books, that happens after the last novel, so they spoil a lot!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Despite critics the Witcher turns out to be Netflix's biggest hit.  The list of what's to come misses the Grishaverse series.

That article headline bit misleading because that is based on IMDB votes which basically any user with a account on imdb can put on a number ranking of any show they watch.  People have used down/up voting on IMDB to make points and to punish or reward.  I get the impression some of that ranking on imdb has to do with the critical response to the show.

I fully expect the show is popular on Netflix based almost solely on the existing fan base of the games which seems to be pretty big.  But whether it is seen by more people than Stranger Things, Bird Box or even You remains to seen.

• Love 1

I was looking at IMDb they have S2 listed as 2021. Has tbis been confirmed? If so I'm going to complain about Netflix and their long delays between seasons.  Amazon Prime and Disney+ seem to be setting a 1 year turn around on new seasons - step it up Netflix! 😁

• Love 1

Netflix Sets Prequel Series ‘The Witcher: Blood Origin’

Blood Origin will be a six part, live-action limited series, and a prequel to the streamer’s series The Witcher. Set in an elven world 1,200 years before the world of The Witcher, the show will chart the origins of the very first Witcher, and the events that lead to the pivotal “conjunction of the spheres,” when the worlds of monsters, men, and elves merged to become one.

• Love 2

If you haven't been checking on The Witcher on Netflix you may not have noticed there are several entries that may be of interest. There is a placecard for the the new TV Series they creating called "The Witcher: Blood Origin" a prequel set 1200 years earlier about the creation of the first Witcher and for "The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf" an anime/animated movie.

There are also two new "The Witcher" shows available "Making The Witcher" 32 minutes talking about the show and how they made it and "Inside the Episodes The Witcher" 8 episodes where they spend 5 to 7 minutes going through each episode.

• Love 2

Glad Henry is ok but yikes!!

I saw a while ago a season 2 photo of Yen released but I haven't been able to find it since. Does anyone have a link to it? I'll put the description in spoilers. 

Spoiler

Yen looks like she's captured and shackled. 

Edited by Maren
  • Love 1

Henry Cavill Posts Update on His Witcher Set Injury

Henry Cavill's leg injury he suffered while filming The Witcher Season 2 was to his hamstring. The incident took place while the actor was wearing a safety harness and hovering more than 20 feet above the ground on an assault course at Arborfield Studios, just west of London in the United Kingdom. Due to delays from COVID and shooting around his character, Cavill has had time to heal. He claims to now be able to run a long distance, though not very fast.

• Love 2

Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf Anime Spinoff Movie Runtime Revealed

Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf will be a one hour and twenty-one minute animated movie. 

The film will serve as a prequel to the series and follow Vesemir, Geralt of Rivia's mentor and the person responsible for transforming Geralt into the Witcher. The film will be about a "powerful new threat facing the Continent." Vesemir was integral in turning Geralt into the man he is now, and his story is essential to the lore of The Witcher's world.

• Useful 3